Testers ANNOUNCED: Top Flite Gamer Golf Balls

Our Sponsors

Jordan

Cumming, GA

Srixon Soft Feel

I've used Top Flite here and there because they were a cheap alternative to premium golf balls. Never had a terrible experience, but they seemed very hard and I could certainly tell the difference between them and premium golf balls.

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

TESTERS ANNOUNCED! With DICK's re-releasing the Top Flite Gamer, it's time for our Forum members to see what kind of performance they can get from a quality ionomer ball. Our testers are:

TESTERS ANNOUNCED! With DICK's re-releasing the Top Flite Gamer, it's time for our Forum members to see what kind of performance they can get from a quality ionomer ball. Our testers are:

please read the instruction post!

Posted Images

22 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Testers Wanted 

The title of this testing opportunity already told you what ball is being tested.  But if it had been a blind test and we were to have listed the following aspects of this ball, how many would have guessed it was for a Top Flite Ball?

• 3-piece construction blends feel, control and distance. 
  • Dimple in Dimple Aerodynamics help maintain lift to generate maximum carry and distance
  • Soft, Ionomer cover provides elevated greenside control and improved touch
  • DuPont HPF mantle layer positioned between the core and cover reduces long game spin for accuracy
  • Larger, high-speed core construction optimizes lower compression for softer feel and ultimate distance off the tee
  • Combination of the re-engineered core, mantle layer and cover formulation elevates playability

Long gone are the days of being referred to as Top Rock.  The Top Flite Gamer is a surprisingly nice feeling ball with some real get up and go distance.   Don't take our word for it, we want you to test it and report back on it.

How to Apply

In a post below, please provide the following information, but DO NOT QUOTE this post when doing so.

First Name

City/State

Current Ball Played

Tell us your past experiences with any Top Flite ball. 

Brady

Marietta, Ohio

Pro VI when they’re free & Chrome Soft

We used to use Topflight as an into the wind ball, before changing balls was against the rules. A Wilson golf club rep once told us that when they did tests with Topflight on a hitting machine, they discovered that a rotation in placement altered the ball’s flight direction. That didn’t stop us from using it off the tee into the wind. But we didn’t trust it from the fairway because we weren’t certain about the distance it might fly. My grandfather used them the entire round. He wasn’t long but he was straight down the middle. So much for the rep’s claim that the ball didn’t fly straight. Also ... we didn’t like that we couldn’t stop them on the green. 

Associate USGTF
Certified TPI - lvl 1

WITB....
Driver: 1998 Titleist 975, 9.5°, S Ultralight Graphite, DriTec LT 1/8 Over
(everyone asks if I’m hitting a 3 wood)

3 Wood: 1998 Titleist 975F, 14.5°, S Ultralight Fairway, DriTec LT Over

Hybrids: 2019 Calloway Apex, 3 & 4, Catalyst 70 - 6.0, Super Stroker Jumbo

Irons: 2019 Calloway Apex Pro black, 5-PW, Catalyst 100 - 6.0, Super Stroker Jumbo

Wedges: 2019 Calloway PM-grind, 56° & 60°, KBS steel, Green Cap

Putter: Vintage Ping Anser w/sound slot

Bob

3076 Harper Rd

Clemmons NC. 27012

currently play Vice Pro Soft

18 hdcp 

played TopFlights ten years ago but now if I find one I throw it back  

ive been hoping for a test to see how they compare with the balls you tested last year  

Robert E Montle aka Ellwyn

Joe

Murfreesboro, TN

Left dash Pro V1x

The first ball I ever played was a TopFlight and I stayed with them for many years, finally landing on the Strata.  Haven't played them for a number of years due to the lack of spin and feel, but would love to try them again.

WITB

Driver:    Titleist TSi3 w/ HZRDUS RDX 6.0, A1 setting

Fairway:  Titleist TSi3 15* with HZRDUS RDX 6.0, 1/2 short, A4 setting

Fairway:  Callaway Steelhead lll, Strong 4, with Graphite Design YS-7

Hybrid:   Cobra Your Baffler, 18*, with Speeder Shaft

Irons:.   Taylor Made P790 with Tour Flt still shaft

Wedges:.  Titleist Vokey SM7, 50, 56, 60* with Tour Flt stiff shaft

Putter:   Odyssey White Hot #9

Ball:.  Titleist Left Dash Pro V1x

Grips:. Golf Pride MCC+4, 3 wraps

Jimmy

New Albany, Ohio

I mostly play Kirkland Signature for the value but always have some Top Flite Hammer (Control or Distance) in the bag. They are super cheap and I like to use them over water hazards. I'd like to see how the Gamer compares to the KSig or Vice Pro.

Edited by Jk43235
Not enough info

Don

Westminster, CO

Srixon Z-Star

Last one I used was the XL 2000 exceptional spin many many years ago when I was a much higher handicap. It wasn't a rock, flew far and had an ok amount of spin around the greens. Sufficient for my skills at the time

On 11/5/2020 at 10:32 AM, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Testers Wanted (4)

Everyone wants more distance right! 

Distance is created by you and the use of the ground; it’s not the club.  Consider for a moment, the club is merely an implement or conduit to facilitate energy transfer from the ground into the ball.  You, the golfer create a vertical force initiated by a weight shift followed by the downswing which sends energy into the ground (action); the ground acts like a trampoline (reaction) and sends that energy back up through your feet into your body and into the club head.  This process is called Ground Force Reaction.  SQAIRZ golf shoes with its unique square toe design, is the first golf shoe designed to more effectively and scientifically effectuate energy transfer providing more consistent ball striking and increased distance.

SQAIRZ_GolfShoes-13.jpg

Independent testing by Golf Laboratories, Inc. showed an average increase of 2.2 MPH and 8.8 yards increase while wearing SQAIRZ versus the leading brands.  For those of you who find this hard to believe, it’s based on proof not promise supported by science and independent testing.  Newton’s Third law states “If an object A (you, the golfer) exerts a force on object B (the ground), then object B must exert a force of equal magnitude and opposite direction back on object A.  

SQAIRZ_GolfShoes-8.jpg

Ever wonder why tour player and long ball hitters like Tiger Woods and Justin Thomas are up on their toes while making contact with the ball?  It’s because they are throwing so much energy into the ground that the return energy is literally lifting them up as that energy moves throughout their body and into the club head.  It is this Ground Force Reaction and your connection to the ground that produces distance.  SQAIRZ with its patented square toe design and wider base under the forefoot allows you to create more efficient energy transfer and increase your distance.  

How To Apply

This testing is open to al US Residents--whose shoe size is from 7 to 13 

Both Right and Left foot available 😉

Please Provide the following information

First Name/City State

Shoe Size

Current Shoe Worn

What's The Most Important Thing in Your Shoe Selection

22 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Testers Wanted 

The title of this testing opportunity already told you what ball is being tested.  But if it had been a blind test and we were to have listed the following aspects of this ball, how many would have guessed it was for a Top Flite Ball?

• 3-piece construction blends feel, control and distance. 
  • Dimple in Dimple Aerodynamics help maintain lift to generate maximum carry and distance
  • Soft, Ionomer cover provides elevated greenside control and improved touch
  • DuPont HPF mantle layer positioned between the core and cover reduces long game spin for accuracy
  • Larger, high-speed core construction optimizes lower compression for softer feel and ultimate distance off the tee
  • Combination of the re-engineered core, mantle layer and cover formulation elevates playability

Long gone are the days of being referred to as Top Rock.  The Top Flite Gamer is a surprisingly nice feeling ball with some real get up and go distance.   Don't take our word for it, we want you to test it and report back on it.

How to Apply

In a post below, please provide the following information, but DO NOT QUOTE this post when doing so.

First Name

City/State

Current Ball Played

Tell us your past experiences with any Top Flite ball. 

Mike

Pleasanton, CA

Kirkland, Arizona Q-Star

I've used Top Flite balls in the past.  I even have a box of old Gamers on my shelf.

Matt

Boston, MA

Bridgestone Tour BX

Gamer V2 was my jam circa 2011.  Actually still have a sleeve still hanging around and would be happy to test it vs the new offering using my skytrak to compare.

Edited by Fattmede

First Name Corey

City/State Jacksonville, FL

Current Ball Played Bridgestone Tour B RX

I grew up playing with Top Flite balls. They were perfect for me from the time I was learning the game to when I became skilled enough to notice differences in golf balls. Have not played one in over a decade but interested to see how this model plays.

Aaron

Phoenix, AZ

Vice Pro Plus

I honestly didn't know Top Flite still made golf balls that anyone cared about. I remember people using them fairly frequently in the mid-to-late 90s when I was caddying growing up, but have not seen anyone use them--from great golfers to weekend hacks--until I saw this testing challenge. Interested to see the reviews.

• GolfSpy MPR changed the title to Testers ANNOUNCED: Top Flite Gamer Golf Balls
  • GolfSpy MPR locked this topic