Testers ANNOUNCED: Top Flite Gamer Golf Balls

Our Sponsors

On 11/19/2020 at 4:01 PM, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Name: Joseph Tamez

City/State: Houston, Tx

Current Ball Played: Titleist TruFeel

Tell us your past experiences with any Top Flite ball.

As a kid growing, Top Flite was the only ball ever used. Because of the price and because I wasn’t a good golfer then. Being considered a “value” option, it was a no doubter for me to use. As I’ve grown, I’ve got better at golf, not much, not much at all actually but I’ve gotten better. I came across a True Flite Gamer ball in my bag one day last week and it caught me eye with the double dimple look. Saw a review prior to that so I knew what it was and figured I’d give it a go. DAMN that ball is good. I can’t deny that, it played so well on the hole I used it for. Had really good feel off the club and good roll. Before hitting a 7i fat and losing the ball to the turtles at Hermann Park Course. I’d love to give it a try and see it compete with the TruFeel (which I use now) and also compared to cheaper balls like the Taylormade Distance which I use for more difficult courses that I may lose a ball. 

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

TESTERS ANNOUNCED! With DICK's re-releasing the Top Flite Gamer, it's time for our Forum members to see what kind of performance they can get from a quality ionomer ball. Our testers are:

TESTERS ANNOUNCED! With DICK's re-releasing the Top Flite Gamer, it's time for our Forum members to see what kind of performance they can get from a quality ionomer ball. Our testers are:

please read the instruction post!

Posted Images

1 minute ago, DoctorQ said:

Christopher

Manchester, United Kingdom

Callaway Hex

I last played with a Top Flite in the mid 90s in Winter, I think it was an XL ball; super hard, couldn't possibly cut the cover even if you thinned it with a 6 iron; it had zero feel and was shocking to putt with, more like hitting a brick with a piece of steel. I think the vast majority of these balls ended up in people's practice bags or out on the range, as they lasted a long time but were certainly not a competition ball.

• Taylormade M6 Driver
  • Taylormade M6 3 wood
  • Titleist 718 Tour 3-PW
  • Titleist Vokey 52, 56 and 60 Black Wedges
  • Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Circle T Putter

Tim

Mt. Pleasant, MI

Last balls purchased:  Maxfli Tour

Played “Rock Flite” XL when learning to play, and have played some of the newer releases when I find them.  Have always liked the distance but I need much more help from the ball on short shots.

Driver:  Ping G410 Plus (10.5º; Stiff)

Fwy:  Ping G410 (3 and 5; Regular)

Hybrids: Ping G410 (22º and 26º; Regular)

Irons: Ping G410 (6-U)

Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 (54º/12º), and Ping Glide 3.o Eye2 (58º/8º)

Putter:  Ping Karsten Anser X

Nate Collins

Harrisburg, PA

Titleist Prov1x 

I've been playing golf for 35 plus years.  In the 80s, all I ever played was Top Flite. I especially like the Plus. I tried the Magna later but didn't like it. Switched to Titleist and never looked back. Change my mind. 

Currently a Senior player with a GHIN = 18.0 handicap, and playing Srixon Q-Star Tour 3.

Use TaylorMade M6 10.5 Driver & SIM 3 wood.  TaylorMade M6 irons.

Try to play 3 times per week, but still working as consultant.

:taylormade-small: M6 10.5° Driver w/ Evenflo Red Shaft

:taylormade-small: M6 15° FW w/ Evenflo Red Shaft

:taylormade-small: M6 Irons w/ Fujikura Graphite Shafts

:taylormade-small: Spider Putter

Sam 

Oakland, California

Bridgestone Tour B series, Titleist Pro V1, Titleist Velocity as well as Top Flite XL Distance(I play them all about equally, but my favorites are the Bridgestone Tour B and Top Flite XL Distance)

I have bought Top Flite balls in the past and they have been pretty good for the most part with no major quality issues. One of my local ranges uses Top Flite balls, so I got interested in the brand. I use them a lot for practice. I cut one open once and liked what I saw in terms of consistency and core quality. The affordable price and good quality make Top Flite a pretty good practice ball. I like Top Flite balls in general (I also happen to own a Top Flite driver), but they are not my first choice. If I can't find Bridgestones I usually buy them. 

Edited by swaglexus797
Forgot to add some info
On 11/19/2020 at 5:01 PM, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Testers Wanted 

The title of this testing opportunity already told you what ball is being tested.  But if it had been a blind test and we were to have listed the following aspects of this ball, how many would have guessed it was for a Top Flite Ball?

• 3-piece construction blends feel, control and distance. 
  • Dimple in Dimple Aerodynamics help maintain lift to generate maximum carry and distance
  • Soft, Ionomer cover provides elevated greenside control and improved touch
  • DuPont HPF mantle layer positioned between the core and cover reduces long game spin for accuracy
  • Larger, high-speed core construction optimizes lower compression for softer feel and ultimate distance off the tee
  • Combination of the re-engineered core, mantle layer and cover formulation elevates playability

Long gone are the days of being referred to as Top Rock.  The Top Flite Gamer is a surprisingly nice feeling ball with some real get up and go distance.   Don't take our word for it, we want you to test it and report back on it.

How to Apply

In a post below, please provide the following information, but DO NOT QUOTE this post when doing so.

First Name

City/State

Current Ball Played

Tell us your past experiences with any Top Flite ball. 

Fred

Green Cove Springs, FL

Currently Srixon Qstar tour

have played Top-Flite balls years ago- XL, XL2000 and 3000. Have seen your article on the re-release of the Gamer, and it sounds like the performance I look for in a ball.

• GolfSpy MPR changed the title to Testers ANNOUNCED: Top Flite Gamer Golf Balls
  • GolfSpy MPR locked this topic