Testers ANNOUNCED: Top Flite Gamer Golf Balls

Our Sponsors

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

TESTERS ANNOUNCED! With DICK's re-releasing the Top Flite Gamer, it's time for our Forum members to see what kind of performance they can get from a quality ionomer ball. Our testers are:

TESTERS ANNOUNCED! With DICK's re-releasing the Top Flite Gamer, it's time for our Forum members to see what kind of performance they can get from a quality ionomer ball. Our testers are:

please read the instruction post!

Posted Images

DJ

Sacramento, CA

Titleist ProV1x, Bridgestone Tour B X, and Callaway Chrome Soft X Triple Track

My dad used to get me Top Flite golf balls or Pinnacles after I asked to borrow some of his golf balls so I wouldn't lose his expensive balls 😂. I also occasionally find Top Flites in my mix of range balls.

Driver: :callaway-small: Mavrik Sub Zero 9º (Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 60S)

3 Wood:callaway-small: Mavrik 15° (Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 70S)

Hybrid: :callaway-small:Mavrik Pro 3 Hybrid 20° (KBS Tour Prototype 80 S)

Irons 4-PW:titelist-small: T200 (True Temper Dynamic Gold AMT Black S300)

Wedges:mizuno-small: T20 50/7 Satin (bent to 48/5); T20 54/14 Blue Ion (True Temper Tour Issue S400) 

:ping-small: Glide 3.0 Eye2 60/8 (PING Z-Z-115 by Nippon)

Putter:odyssey-small: Toulon Design Stroke Lab Las Vegas with H7 neck

Ball: :titelist-small: ProV1, :srixon-small: Z-Star

I would love to be a tester Srixon Q Star Tour is my current ball, heard good things about this ball. It will be interes To see how it reacts. I played Top Flite balls when I first started. When I wanted to hit it straighter. The ball was rock hard with no spin. Looking forward to trying this one out. I hear it is much better especially around the greens.

Ronnie 

Dorset , United Kingdom 

Current ball. Titleist ProV 1 

I've used top flite in the past when I first started golf at the age of 5 but as I’ve gone on to understand more about the golf balls, TopFlite have always felt too crisp and hard. Never getting that nice ball flight you get with a High end golf ball.

They also never feel as if they are going to spin or check when chipping or pitching onto the green. 

I wouldn’t hesitate in trying something new but until now have never considered top flite.

thanks ! 

First Name: Ryan

City/State: Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia (Sorry if this isn't open to internationals)

Current Ball Played: Bridgestone Tour B - RX

Tell us your past experiences with any Top Flite ball: I personally never "played" a Top Flite ball, but it's the only ball that I can remember my father spoke about when I was growing up.
"The Top-Flite balata" this, "The new Top-Flite" that.

D | :cobra-small: | SZ Xtreme 10.5° - HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 6.0 60g | Setting: STD-Draw
3W | :ping-small: | 2014 Rapture 13° - HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 6.0 70g | Setting: 13.5°
3H | :Sub70: |  939X 19° - HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 90g | Setting: STD
4i-7i | :srixon-small: | Z585 - Nippon Modus 3 120X | 2° Upright, STD Length
8i-PW | :srixon-small: | Z785 - Nippon Modus 3 120X | 2° Upright, STD Length
W's | :cleveland-small: | RTX-4 - 52° MID, 56° FULL, 60° FULL
P | :odyssey-small: | TripleTrack - Double Wide - GP SNSR Tour Grip
B | :bridgestone-small: | Tour B XS /or/ :srixon-small: | Z-Star
G | GP Z-Grip

Herb Baum

Thornton, CO.

snell and oncore.

Would love to try this ball. I have been trying to find the right ball for me.

Was looking for another driver, Cobra is getting worn out.

Allan

Charlotte NC

Titleist Tour Speed

Last Top Flight I played was Z Ballata many years ago. Found one recently and cut it open and rubber bands shot out in different directions. The golf ball has come a long way since then!

Edited by Fore O

Titleist TS1 10.5

Tour Edge CB 5 5 wood

PXG 19 degree hybrid

PXG 24 degree hybrid

Titleist 716 AP 1 5-G

Titleist 52 degree wedge

Titleist 56 degree wedge

Seemore 34” Del Mar Putter

Eric

Claremont, CA.

Currently playing the Srixon Z Star XV.

I have played with virtually every Top Flite ball released as far back as 1983, when I started playing.  Most of them did well in distance and durability (and price), yet always have had a very firm, clicky feel when chipping and putting.  I have played the Gamer Tour and found those to have better short game feel. 

Ping G400 LST 8.5*, Oban Devotion 65 X

Callaway 816 Alpha 15*, Oban Devotion 75g S

Maltby KE4 driving iron 19*, Oban Devotion 85g S

Maltby TS1 irons, 3-PW, FST Pro 115g X

Cleveland ZIpCore 50/54/58, NS Pro Modus 3 115g wedge flex

Cleveland HB Soft 11 putter, Lamkin Flat Cat standard grip

Ping Hoofer Lite stand bag

Golf Pride Tour Velvet Plus4 std grips

On 11/19/2020 at 4:01 PM, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Testers Wanted 

The title of this testing opportunity already told you what ball is being tested.  But if it had been a blind test and we were to have listed the following aspects of this ball, how many would have guessed it was for a Top Flite Ball?

• 3-piece construction blends feel, control and distance. 
  • Dimple in Dimple Aerodynamics help maintain lift to generate maximum carry and distance
  • Soft, Ionomer cover provides elevated greenside control and improved touch
  • DuPont HPF mantle layer positioned between the core and cover reduces long game spin for accuracy
  • Larger, high-speed core construction optimizes lower compression for softer feel and ultimate distance off the tee
  • Combination of the re-engineered core, mantle layer and cover formulation elevates playability

Long gone are the days of being referred to as Top Rock.  The Top Flite Gamer is a surprisingly nice feeling ball with some real get up and go distance.   Don't take our word for it, we want you to test it and report back on it.

How to Apply

In a post below, please provide the following information, but DO NOT QUOTE this post when doing so.

First Name

City/State

Current Ball Played

Tell us your past experiences with any Top Flite ball. 

Omar

San Antonio, TX

Bridgestone E6

Used to play Top Flite D2+ feel. Lowest scores of my golf life. 

On 11/19/2020 at 4:01 PM, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Testers Wanted 

The title of this testing opportunity already told you what ball is being tested.  But if it had been a blind test and we were to have listed the following aspects of this ball, how many would have guessed it was for a Top Flite Ball?

• 3-piece construction blends feel, control and distance. 
  • Dimple in Dimple Aerodynamics help maintain lift to generate maximum carry and distance
  • Soft, Ionomer cover provides elevated greenside control and improved touch
  • DuPont HPF mantle layer positioned between the core and cover reduces long game spin for accuracy
  • Larger, high-speed core construction optimizes lower compression for softer feel and ultimate distance off the tee
  • Combination of the re-engineered core, mantle layer and cover formulation elevates playability

Long gone are the days of being referred to as Top Rock.  The Top Flite Gamer is a surprisingly nice feeling ball with some real get up and go distance.   Don't take our word for it, we want you to test it and report back on it.

How to Apply

In a post below, please provide the following information, but DO NOT QUOTE this post when doing so.

First Name

City/State

Current Ball Played

Tell us your past experiences with any Top Flite ball. 

David

Thebes, Illinois 

Srixon Z Star

I used to play the XL 2000 years ago. I found two sleeves of brand new balls in an old golf bag so I gave them another try but I switched from them because I felt like I wasn’t getting the same distance off the tee as the Srixons. 

My name is Chad and I'm from Fort Branch, Indiana. I just picked up the game again this summer after not having played consistently for about 14 years. 

I'm currently using the Top Flite Hammer series, but have been trying different balls to make my gaame better. 

I started this year with a set of Top Flite Gamer balls in the green and black packaging. They did well enough that I bought two 15 packs of the Top Flite Hammer series next, mainly because they were 2 for 25 at Dicks. 

Need updated clubs

• GolfSpy MPR changed the title to Testers ANNOUNCED: Top Flite Gamer Golf Balls
  • GolfSpy MPR locked this topic