Testers ANNOUNCED: Top Flite Gamer Golf Balls

Golfspy_CG2

Mitchell

Van Nuys, CA

TopFlite D2 Feel

Love the topflite balls.  I have been using the D2 for years.   Last year they went on sale for $7.50 a dozen.  I bought 60 of them in yellow and white.   There is an old Abbott and Costello joke: Hey Abbott, I going to marry an ugly girl; Why Lou; because pretty girls run away; But Lou, so do ugly girls; Yeah, but who cares.   It is like that with these balls.  If I pay $5 a ball, I feel really bad if I loss one.  With these balls I don't mind the three minute rule.   Aside from that, I get better distance off the tee than with other old man balls (soft and long).   The D2 is now called the Top Flite Hammer.  Have not yet had to restoke balls.  I use about 30 balls a season.

• Like 1

Joe

Grand Rapids MI

Currently play the Costco Performance Plus 3-piece ball. 

In the past I would compare hitting Top Flites to hitting rocks. The sound and feel of the past balls were off and just felt uncomfortable and not confident. 

Aaron

Chicago Illinois 

Kirkland Performance or Maxfli Tour balls. 

In the past Top Flite balls are the only ones I don’t pick up if I find them on the course. They feel like metal ping pong balls no feel to them. Would be curious to see why the Gamer line has any sort of popularity.

First Name Jake

City/State Palm City, Florida

Current Ball Played Titleist pro V1 new and recycled

Tell us your past experiences with any Top Flite ball. 

I would use Top Flite's all the time when I was in college golfing on a budget. Would love to see how much the ball has improved because my golf game has not. 🙂

Oliver Leek 

Cambridge MA

I have been playing the Bridgestone tour xs tiger edition balls for a while now.

I played topflites that I would find in the woods for ages, they were hard, made the worst sound imaginable, and went a mile and a half. The thought of one matching up to a pro v is ludicrous, but I would love to try them and find out

6 hours ago, Mitch B said:

Mitchell

Van Nuys, CA

TopFlite D2 Feel

Love the topflite balls.  I have been using the D2 for years.   Last year they went on sale for $7.50 a dozen.  I bought 60 of them in yellow and white.   There is an old Abbott and Costello joke: Hey Abbott, I going to marry an ugly girl; Why Lou; because pretty girls run away; But Lou, so do ugly girls; Yeah, but who cares.   It is like that with these balls.  If I pay $5 a ball, I feel really bad if I loss one.  With these balls I don't mind the three minute rule.   Aside from that, I get better distance off the tee than with other old man balls (soft and long).   The D2 is now called the Top Flite Hammer.  Have not yet had to restoke balls.  I use about 30 balls a season.

Crazy 

Dan

Honoraville, Alabama

Wilson Duo Soft and OnCore Elixer

I played Top Flite when I first started playing and it was a rock. I played the Gamer until they dropped it and it was a big improvement. I would like to try the new Gamer to see if there is any improvement from the original.

Driver  - Cleveland Launcher HB Turbo 10.5 * Miyazaki Kua 5 / R Flex

FW - Sub70 Pro 4 wood 16.5 * Project X HL / R Flex

Irons - Cleveland Launcher CBX 4-PW Miyazaki Kua 6 / R Flex

Wedges - Cleveland Launcher CBX 50* & 54* Rolex Wedge Flex

Putter - Cleveland Frontline Elevado 35 "

Ball - On Core Elixer

Good luck to all the testers! Interested to see the love/hate that will inevitably be shown to these balls lol.

Driver : :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 9* MC Kuro Kago Silver 60 Stiff

Woods : :benhogan-small: GS53 3 Wood 14* Mitsubish Tensei Blue 73g Regular

Hybrids: :callaway-small: XR Project X Stiff (3&4)

Irons : sub70logo.png.3c207e4e90c1eeca7b9a917b5fa4b848.png 699 Pro Black 5-AW 1* flat KBS Tour V 90 Stiff Shafts 

Wedges : File:Kirkland Signature logo.svg - Wikimedia Commons 52, 56, 60 

Putter : :taylormade-small:Spider Red

Bag : datrek-brand_1456761019__86876.original.jpg.7c24f9ae71c7730ce29a828226731487.jpg lightweight cart bag | motocaddy.jpg.258c0b46e60c2804fc6b1f64bca0aef3.jpgDry Series Bag

Ball :  :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX (2019) | Screen-Shot-2017-07-20-at-7_24.05-AM-300x118.png.9f1c4cb1d62511ee40a05bd6d5795f97.png ProV1x (2021)

Rangefinder : 836d5c8b9e44880db86abcd3b735255d.w2480_h836.jpg.bcd4050c642957abbdca7453a6cb0469.jpg ULT-X

Pushcart : motocaddy.jpg.258c0b46e60c2804fc6b1f64bca0aef3.jpgM5 GPS DHC Electric Push Cart

SoCal, USA

Right handed HDCP 16.4

• GolfSpy MPR changed the title to Testers ANNOUNCED: Top Flite Gamer Golf Balls
  • GolfSpy MPR locked this topic