Testers ANNOUNCED: Top Flite Gamer Golf Balls

Our Sponsors

Adam

Morrison, IL

Vice Pro Plus and/or Taylormade TP5

My neighbor recently gave me two boxes full of old Top Flite rocks and I use them as garbage balls to hit into fields. About 2 years ago, I randomly found a sleeve of the older TopFlite Gamers and they felt okay. I used them as indoor simulator balls. The cover didn't feel similar to a ProV1 or anything. They kind of reminded me of like a Titleist Tour Soft. Anyways, it would be interesting to test out this new Gamer and put it up against the old ones.

Driver: Cobra King F6 White

Wood: Currently none

Irons: Cobra King Forged Tour

Wedges: Cleveland RTX4 Satin

Putter: Odyssey Marxman Black

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

TESTERS ANNOUNCED! With DICK's re-releasing the Top Flite Gamer, it's time for our Forum members to see what kind of performance they can get from a quality ionomer ball. Our testers are:

TESTERS ANNOUNCED! With DICK's re-releasing the Top Flite Gamer, it's time for our Forum members to see what kind of performance they can get from a quality ionomer ball. Our testers are:

please read the instruction post!

Posted Images

Mike D.

Columbus Ohio

I currently predominantly use Srixon Q-Star, Q-Star Tour, or Soft Feel.

When I first started playing golf 20 years ago, I regularly used Top Flite XL of various numbers, 1000, 2000, 3000, etc. They were hard, seemed lighter than other balls at the time, and fit my need for cheap "bullets" to lose as I learned the game. Then, Top Flite came out with Gamer and Gamer Soft (which were NOT). These balls were OK, very firm, seemed to perform off long clubs as well as anything else I used like Bridgestone E6, or Noodle, or Warbird (all of which felt softer), and they again fit my need for a budget ball.

Skipping ahead to NOW, the Top Flite Gamer and XL are nothing like the old Rock-Flites. The XL are Much softer feeling with adequate around the green performance, which the ball never had before. The current Gamer is much softer feeling than its predecessor, has a controlled ball flight, and decent green side action. Overall it is as good as my preferred Srixon's, which despite the recent poor review ny MGS of the Q-Star Tour, do seem to stay in front of me so to speak, and do everything well. The Gamer seems the same.

Jack

Alma, Arkansas

Callaway -Superhot, Titleist- Tru feel

About 20 years ago, I played the Top Flite distance.

Then, back in 2016???? I bought some Top Flite Gamers.

They were fantastic. Performed similar to a proV1 & a Chrome soft combined.

They seemed to scuff pretty easy, though.

After that, I ended up playing various other balls.

Always looking for a new affordable ball.

Edited by Jackal

Always chasing different clubs

Scott

Thompsons Station TN

Pro V

I have bought this ball before

They had a deal on the Gamer ($35 )  for two dozen in warm weather the Prov

is a better ball on hard greens but in cool weather I like the gamer better. I get better carry and higher launch with not much roll out. Top Rock has had a bad rap over the years but this ball is truly a GAMER

Shane

Eugene, Oregon

Current ball - Callaway Super Soft

I haven't touched a Top Flite ball since the old XL days - 1985, 87 ?

Rogue Pro Irons - Recoil 760/780 ES F4

Epic 3H, 4H - Recoil ES F3

Titleist 917 D2 10.5° Diamana D+ 70

TaylorMade Ghost Manta Putter

If I was "the man" I'd be in the fairway - Bubba Watson

Jim

Boulder, Colorado

I currently play Titleist or Calloway, soft versions

I played Top Flite balls some years and remember that they felt hard when I hit them.  But high club speed is not my forte, sad to say.

• GolfSpy MPR changed the title to Testers ANNOUNCED: Top Flite Gamer Golf Balls
  • GolfSpy MPR locked this topic