Testers ANNOUNCED: Top Flite Gamer Golf Balls

Golfspy_CG2

Justin here in Largo, FL. 

I currently play Pro V1’s and Callaway ChromeSofts. 

I used Top Flite balls for years when I was younger. I started at 12 and used Top Flite almost exclusively until I was in my early 20’s (they seemed like good balls and they were always so much cheaper than others). 

19 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Michael

Fuquay Varina, NC

Taylormade TP5x

Actually just purchased my first dozen Gamers after watching a video on YouTube.  Haven’t tried them yet.

chase

matawan, NJ

kirkland performance +

when I started golfing my dad gave me a bucket of top flite balls. after I started getting better I started getting different balls to understand the difference. it was clear to me that the top flite balls were hard as a rock. as someone who prefers a softer golf ball I tend to stay away from top flite now, but I heard this ball is completely different from old top flite and i’m very interested to try.

Ward

Erie, PA.

Vice Pro Plus Neon

Last winter I bought 3 dozen Top Flite D2+ Feel on sale thinking I'd use them as mud balls in the wet PA. Spring. I ended up playing them way more than I thought I would and was impressed with their playability considering the cost. No, they don't match up with the Vice I play or the Pro V1s I received as a gift but they really aren't a terrible ball like some people say. I had some pretty decent rounds in the low 80s playing them. 

Ping G400 Max @ 9 degrees

Ping G400 Stretch 3W

Ping G400 3i Hybrid

Cleveland 2009 launcher 4i Hybrid (also a 2i and 1i not currently in the bag)

Ping G700 5-9, PW, GW, SW (Green Dot and 3/4" length addition)

Ping Glide-3 60 Deg. LW (Green Dot) (also a Glide-2 58 deg LW and Glide 54 Deg SW not in the bag)

All Golf Pride CP2 Wrap Midsize Grips

Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft 11 Putter 35" w/oversize grip

Jesse

Warren, MI

Callaway Supersoft

One of the first times I ever went out to golf 18 I had lost all the balls I brought with me.  Hitting the 15th at Rackham Golf Course (A Ross muni in the Detroit area) I hooked one terribly that wound up over a fence and into the Detroit Zoo.   I went over by the fence to check the fence line shrubs to find a ball to finish the round.  Low and behold I found an orange Top Flite Bomb. I went back to re-tee and hit the best drive I ever hit in my life to that point.  220, straight as an arrow, and it carried the huge fairway bunker (for those familiar with the course).   I wound up finishing that round w/o losing the ball and didn't play as terribly as I was the prior 14 holes. I always have had a soft spot for the Rock-Flites from that point on. 

:ping-small:   Driver: G410 Plus

:cobra-small:  Fairway Wood:  F8 3 Wood

:callaway-small: Hybrid:  Rogue 3 Hybrid

:callaway-small: Hybrid: Rogue X 5 Hybrid

:callaway-small: Irons:  Rogue 6-PW

:Sub70: Irons:  699 Pros 5-PW

:Sub70: Utility Iron: 699-U 2 Iron

:cleveland-small: Wedges: RTX-4 48/52/56/60 °

:cleveland-small: Putter: Huntington Beach No. 1

:bettinardi-small: Putter: BB8-Wide (2020)

:cameron-small: Putter:  Special Select Newport 2 (2020)

:callaway-small:  Bag: Rogue Staff Bag

:Sub70:  Bag:  Sub70 Staff Bag

:Clicgear:  clicgear 3.5 cart

:Arccos: Caddie System

Ed

Sarasota, Florida

Srixon Soft Feel

No real experience playing with them  other than finding and playing the occasional “wrong ball recovered from the water”. 

Ed

Gary

Mahopac NY

Calloway ERC Soft Yellow

I used to strictly use Top Flight, mostly due to the cost but as I grew with the game I found myself wanting something that was softer and appeared to give me a little more controle. 

Love the Game

Joseph Chico

Upland, CA

ProV 1

Back in my broke college days I worked at Big 5 and this was my go to ball.  I am fortunate enough now that I can afford the ProV 1 but will never forget where I came from.

Ping G410 LST 9 degree Tour 65 Stiff

Tour Edge CBX 15 degree HZRDUS Blk Stiff

Ping G410 Crossover 3 Alta Stiff

Ping i210 4 - G Stiff

Ping Glide 2 54 degree and 60 degree 

Scotty Cameron Custom Designed at 33”

Brian

City/State Saugus, California

Current Ball Played Taylormade TPX 5 Pix

Tell us your past experiences with any Top Flite ball. 

I use to play top flite when I first started golfing because that was the only balls I could afford. I never knew the difference between golf balls. But I would love to try these top flite's! Thank you

William 

Columbus/Ohio

Current Ball Played: Bridgestone XS 

Last time I played a top-flight it was a decent ball. Not longer or spin better than anything at the top tier. 

I would love to be a tester.  I normally play Snell MTB X or Titleist Prov1x, but welcome the chance to test this ball.

David Nunn

Scottsdale/Arizona

Snell MTB X

My past experience with top flight balls were not always good.  The XL, well, the nickname rockflight of old.  I did like the Tour ball with more control and spin. Look forward to testing the new gamer! 

Dave Nunn

Ping i500, 410LST, Glide 2.0 50ss, 54ss, 58ss

Dan

Roswell/GA

Bridgestone Tour B X

Think of Top Flite as a budget friendly rock ball.  One you grab a sleeve of to play off the tee in a scramble but not much more than that.  Very excited to try these new premium balls as finding the best golf ball for my game in $25-35/dozen range is the goal.  Thanks for the opportunity!

• GolfSpy MPR changed the title to Testers ANNOUNCED: Top Flite Gamer Golf Balls
  • GolfSpy MPR locked this topic