Testers ANNOUNCED: Top Flite Gamer Golf Balls

Dear all,

I would be interested in test them, I've been playing the Pro V1 for the last few years (coming from Srixon Z-star), and I'm curious to see how they behave in comparison.

Thank you and have a great weekend!

Antonio

Florham Park New Jersey

Titleist Pro V1

Tell us your past experiences with any Top Flite ball: never been the softest ball in the market

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

TESTERS ANNOUNCED! With DICK's re-releasing the Top Flite Gamer, it's time for our Forum members to see what kind of performance they can get from a quality ionomer ball. Our testers are:

TESTERS ANNOUNCED! With DICK's re-releasing the Top Flite Gamer, it's time for our Forum members to see what kind of performance they can get from a quality ionomer ball. Our testers are:

please read the instruction post!

Posted Images

Chris

Nashville, TN

Srixon Q Star

Played Top Flite balls when first learning the game.  As I got better (still not very good) I didn't like the hard feel of the ball.  Now when I find them in the woods I don't even pick them up.

Alex

Chicago, IL

Vice Pro Plus

I played the Gamer for 36 holes in 2018 and have been yearning to find it again. I shot my second best round ever with rental clubs (and no driver) and the Top Flite Gamer. I was impressed with the spin for such an inexpensive ball. 

Derek

West Seneca/NY

Nitro Crossfire at the beginning of season but switched to Callaway, TaylorMade and Top Flite for a more durable cover that did not cut as easily.

Top Flite balls have always played well and new to game I spent a lot of time this year noticing how some balls reacted better off the club than others, Top Flite being one of those that went well with my swing. 

Verified Hack, 28 handicap (down 2 in 2020) 🙂  Golfing for exercise and peace of mind.

|> Big Dogs: O'Donnell hybrids 10*, 15*, 19*, 27*, and Ginty 29* trouble club

|> Blades: MasterGrip 3i & 5i, Dynacraft Copperhead 7i, Wilson 8i, CTI 9i, and Worx 55* hybrid wedge

|> Flatstick: Pinemeadow Z-ON M1   

|> App: SwingU/Looper  

|> Club: CoverLogoS-H c sm.png"The World's Greatest Golf Club Without The Course"  www.stickandhack.com

⛳.  :1590477705_SunMountain: C130 Supercharged 🌲  :Clicgear:3.5+  🌳  :taylormade-small:    🏌️‍♂️         EPLogo sm.jpg      StickHackLogo2021-uai-50x185.png.93cce20f8b531850ac1d2054c3d18cd3.png

2020 Official Tester - PuttUp mat logo_full_331d238c-3cab-4f84-ac72-d09e86f448c5_300x-25.png.11580987b80d9d26da7f04a31eadac9d.png

2021 Official Tester - Inesis Waterproof Grip Golf Shoes 1398724741_Inesislogo.jpg.34e215e2c1310a7b31d310ab89f4c188.jpg

Shane
Livingston, MT
Titleist Pro V1
Found Top Flite's are either thrown deeper into the bush to prevent the next golfer from making my same mistake, or put in the bag to be used as a "sh*t ball" when messing around with friends on a slow day. Can't remember the last time I actually played a hole with a top flite ball since they are probably the only thing harder than telling my wife the actual cost of my golf clubs.

Ash

Danville, CA

Titleist AVX

I played Top Flite when I started playing, but moved to Pro V1 and now AVX since. I’ve been on the hunt for a more manageable ball because I set up a simulator and I’d like to be able to hit the same balls everywhere, but spending 50 bucks a dozen for the sim is just not up my alley. I’d love to give these a shot. 

Peter

Albany,CA

Srixon Z-Star XV

The first time I ever broke 100 I played a Top Flight. Kind of had to rethink opinion that it was a cheap brand for people who know they are going to lose them quickly. Would like to see if this ball works well for my swing because lets face it- it ain't the ball; its the way you hit it! Funny thing is no one ever seems to sell them but I find a lot of them.

Cory

Los Angeles, CA

Current Ball: TaylorMade TP5 Pix when I'm feeling serious, otherwise any premium ball I find out on the course

Past experience: I've found a handful of Top Flite Gamers over the past couple of years and am always impressed when I play them. They seem to suit my swing just fine. I've always had too many other balls around to pull the trigger on buying them though (I'll put them in my cart at the Dick's website, but then never buy them). I know the best thing for my game would be just going with a single ball and sticking with it instead of switching around and playing found balls, so if the Gamer gives me the right kind of performance, I would definitely just make it my one and only gamer.

Driver: PXG 0211 9*(set at 7.5*) Tensei Pro White 60g
Woods: PXG 0211 16.5* Tensei Pro Blue 70g
Hybrid/Irons/Wedges: PXG 0211 SteelFiber 95g
Putter: PXG Blackjack / SeeMore Mini Giant Deep Flange 34”

Bag: Vessel Player III Stand Bag - White

“Golf is a good walk enhanced”

Greg

Baltimore, MD

Callaway Chrome Soft

I used to play Top Flite D2+ Feel a few years ago because of their affordability and feel.  Once my handicap dropped a few  points and losing balls was less of concern I switched to the chrome Soft (and because they discontinued that model)

• GolfSpy MPR changed the title to Testers ANNOUNCED: Top Flite Gamer Golf Balls
  • GolfSpy MPR locked this topic