Testers ANNOUNCED: Top Flite Gamer Golf Balls

Golfspy_CG2

George

Magnolia, Texas

Q Star Tour

I have had some success with a Gamer once before. I made a hole in one with a Gamer V2 about 10 years ago. I would certainly like to try the new one once again. Thanks!

:ping-small:  PING G-400 LST 8.5 degree driver/ TOUR 65 Stiff

default_titelist-small.jpg   Titleist TS 2 15 degree Fairway Wood w/ Tensei Blue 65 stiff shaft

default_titelist-small.jpg   Titleist 818 H1 Hybrid 19 & 23 degree w/ Tensei Blue 80 Hy stiff shafts

:mizuno-small:    Mizuno 919 Hot Metal Pro irons with Dynamic gold 105 stiff shafts

:ping-small:   PING GLIDE 54 degree Sand wedge

:ping-small:   PING GLIDE 58 degree Sand Wedge

Piretti Lucca  putter 36"

918457628_PrecisionPro.png       Precision Pro NX7 range finder/  Bushnell Ion2 watch

Joe

Sunnyvale, CA

Callaway Chrome Soft X & OnCore Vero X1

First ball brand played when I started playing golf 30+ years ago. Played for a number of years until I could afford to pay for a better ball. I would keep found TF's in the bag for "water holes"...lol. Once I got over that they have never been back in my bag. From what I have read I am really curious how well they will perform.   

Joe

Falls Church, VA

Vice Tour

I played XL2000's in high school because my dad seemed to have an endless supply of them. Back then those were the only fresh sleeves I would play, otherwise I was playing balls out of the woods or the practice bucket.

Kerry 

Owens Cross Roads, AL

Titliest Pro Vi X

I used to play the Gamer back about 8 yrs ago... can't remember why I quit as it was good to me back then when I started this game to which I've become obsessed with????  But with old age memory is the second thing to go....??? 

I would be happy to try these out.

Stan

Happy Valley / Oregon

Vice Tour

20+ years ago a played their 392 and it worked well as I was starting. A couple years ago I bought the Black Friday deal at Dick's for the Bomb.

Mizuno ST190 Driver

Mizuno ST190 3 Wood

Nike 4 Hybrid

TaylorMade P790 4-PW

Ben Hogan 50*, 54*, 60* 

TaylorMade Soto Blade putter

Steve

East Haddam, CT

Currently playing Callaway Chrome Soft

Looking forward to trying the latest version of Gamer. I have played Gamer's for years but these last versions were not as good as those in the past.

Ryan

Bloomingdale, IL 

Srixon Z-star XV

I haven't played a Top Flite ball in ~ 25 years and never played anything from them that would have been from their "upper" performance tier, if that even existed back then. It would have been something on offer from one of those big box stores that Target & Walmart put out of business long ago. I remember Venture with their zebra stripe logo.....

Anthony

Acworth, GA

Play PRO-V1

Previous experience with Top Flights is that they felt like rocks. Usually throw found Top Flights back into the woods. Willing to try. I may just buy. Dozen today. 

Marty

North Brunswick/NJ

Bridgestone e6 and Srixon Soft Feel

I used to purchase Top Flite balls from my local Dick's Sporting Goods store when I first started playing golf about 6 - 7 years ago. I bought them because they were always going on sale at Dick's and as a beginner price certainly mattered over all. I did not do very well with this ball and have sine tried MANY different ones, although most recently I was recommended to try this Gamer ball in comparison to my e6 and Soft Feels but have not yet had the chance. This would be very opportune for me to be one of your testers!

Thanks!!!

Marty

Krank Golf f11xx driver

Cobra Golf Fairway Woods (3, 5)

Tommy Armour Atomic Max Irons (4 - 9)

Tommy Armour Wedges (A, S, G, P)

Odyssey Works Versa Marxman Fang Putter

Mizuno JPX Fli-Hi Hybrid (4 & 7)

Brandon 

Dayton/OH 

Srixon Zstar XV 

My past experiences with any Top Flite ball are probably the XL 200o or Strata when I was a beginner in the 1990s. 

Brandon Johnson, MBA
Capt (Sep.) US Air Force 

e: brandon.johnson.mn@gmail.com

I'd love to try this out, been a long time since I've played a Top Flite.

First Name: Theo

City/State: Austin, TX

Current Ball Played: Callaway ERC & Mizuno RB

Tell us your past experiences with any Top Flite balL: I haven't played a Top Flite for at least 15 years.  Other than practice range stuff or maybe a found ball I used in a pinch for a few swings.  I think I remember liking the Top Flite XL2000, and way back the Top Flite Magna.

Callaway Epic 10.5, Mizuno JPX 825s, LAB 2.1 Directed Force

Callaway Hex Tour Soft

Played golf for over 50 years until my health and business calendar reduced my time to less then 5 rounds a year. Then 4 years ago I retired, changed my diet and lifestyle, lost 100 pounds and got back on the course. Its been a struggle but things are getting better.

Jerry Stayton

Temecula CA

TM TPC 5/Titleist PV1

When I started playing at 16 Top Flight was all the rage in my little golf world.  My father and grandfather played them.  The perception was that it was just longer than everything else.  So since I often bummed balls from my dad's bag I played a lot of these.  I did not know anything else.  As I played more I began to branch out to use Tour Edition, Maxifli DDH, and Staff balls.  At one point after using Staff for a while I was out of balls and used my dad's Top Flights and they suddenly felt like rocks off my club.  I would say that over time that created my aversion.  I did not have great feel or judgement as a young player, but Top Flight felt hard, and tended to exaggerate my problem shots.  I would love a new Top Flight that performed and was not $50 a dozen. 

• GolfSpy MPR changed the title to Testers ANNOUNCED: Top Flite Gamer Golf Balls
  • GolfSpy MPR locked this topic