Testers ANNOUNCED: Top Flite Gamer Golf Balls

Our Sponsors

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

TESTERS ANNOUNCED! With DICK's re-releasing the Top Flite Gamer, it's time for our Forum members to see what kind of performance they can get from a quality ionomer ball. Our testers are:

TESTERS ANNOUNCED! With DICK's re-releasing the Top Flite Gamer, it's time for our Forum members to see what kind of performance they can get from a quality ionomer ball. Our testers are:

please read the instruction post!

Posted Images

Douglas (Doug)

Langhorne, PA

Current Ball Played = Snell MTB-X (Titleist Tru-Feel in colder weather)

I have very little experience playing any Top Flite ball, and no experience whatsoever in the last 20-25 years; However, my son loved the earlier-generation Top Flite Gamer ball, and I did hit a few of them when he offered them to me.  To be honest, I don’t recollect much about the balls

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS220, PX HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 6.0

4-Wood: Exotics EXS220, Ventus 6S

7-Wood: Callaway Epic Flash, Accra Tour-Z HL 85-S

Hybrids: Exotics EXS220 (19*) and Cobra F8 (22*), stiff Accra Tour-Z hybrid shafts

Irons: Exotics EXS220 (6-iron through PW), KBS TGI Tour 80 (stiff) shafts

Wedges: Vokey SM7 (50-54-58) or Scratch custom wedges (49-54-60)

Putter: Evnroll ER2

Ball: Snell MTBx

Mike

Springboro/OH

Titliest Tru-feel; Vice Pro

The only time I think I’ve ever hit a Top Flite is as a range ball. 

Taylormade SiM Driver 10.5

Taylormade SiM 5 wood

Taylormade Sim irons

Callaway Jaws MD5 wedges

48, 54, 58

Andrew

Arlington, Texas

Calloway Hex Diablo

My only experience with Top Flight golf balls are when I have picked them up from the course or if my playing partner brings some along. My regular playing partner tries out lots of different brands, usually from the discount end of spectrum, and I occasionally will hit them through out the round, either just to try or (most often) because I'm running low on my supply.

21 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Testers Wanted 

The title of this testing opportunity already told you what ball is being tested.  But if it had been a blind test and we were to have listed the following aspects of this ball, how many would have guessed it was for a Top Flite Ball?

• 3-piece construction blends feel, control and distance. 
  • Dimple in Dimple Aerodynamics help maintain lift to generate maximum carry and distance
  • Soft, Ionomer cover provides elevated greenside control and improved touch
  • DuPont HPF mantle layer positioned between the core and cover reduces long game spin for accuracy
  • Larger, high-speed core construction optimizes lower compression for softer feel and ultimate distance off the tee
  • Combination of the re-engineered core, mantle layer and cover formulation elevates playability

Long gone are the days of being referred to as Top Rock.  The Top Flite Gamer is a surprisingly nice feeling ball with some real get up and go distance.   Don't take our word for it, we want you to test it and report back on it.

How to Apply

In a post below, please provide the following information, but DO NOT QUOTE this post when doing so.

First Nam- Joe

City/State- Wilmington, NC

Current Ball Played- Snell Black

Tell us your past experiences with any Top Flite ball. I have known Top Flite balls to be extremely hard. Did not like the feel of them coming off the club. Spin was limited around the green and they had no tough or feel while putting.

Eric

Scottsdale, AZ

Titleist Pro V1x or Srixon Z Star

Like most, I started playing with the cheapest balls I could find.  Top Flite were always in my bag.  Once I started to improve, I hated the feel in the short game.  I literally would not stop to pick one up now!

Tim

Kirkwood, MO

Titleist PRO V1X

About 8 years back (well before the Costco K-SIG Craze), I read about a new Top Flite ball that was well rated and well performing.  TF Gamer V2 - this ball flat out performed!  I would hit a drive with the PROV1X, and tee another with the Gamer V2 - within feet of eachother!  For 1/2 the price.  Other golfers would ask what ball I was playing I would say "Gamer V2" they would say "huh?" I would throw them one, they would throw it back, a few would take up the offer to put it into play - they were not disappointed!

After I ran out of my 4+ dozen V2, I have tried the Gamer, a series after the Gamer V2, it was OK.

I then tried the Gamer Tour from a few years ago, it too was OK.

I read about the TF Gamer making a resurgence - fingers crossed that the 3 layer "dimple in dimple" construction ball is  like the original.

Thanks for the time and consideration - I would put them in play no matter what the season.

Keep up the great work!  TL

21 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Testers Wanted 

The title of this testing opportunity already told you what ball is being tested.  But if it had been a blind test and we were to have listed the following aspects of this ball, how many would have guessed it was for a Top Flite Ball?

• 3-piece construction blends feel, control and distance. 
  • Dimple in Dimple Aerodynamics help maintain lift to generate maximum carry and distance
  • Soft, Ionomer cover provides elevated greenside control and improved touch
  • DuPont HPF mantle layer positioned between the core and cover reduces long game spin for accuracy
  • Larger, high-speed core construction optimizes lower compression for softer feel and ultimate distance off the tee
  • Combination of the re-engineered core, mantle layer and cover formulation elevates playability

Long gone are the days of being referred to as Top Rock.  The Top Flite Gamer is a surprisingly nice feeling ball with some real get up and go distance.   Don't take our word for it, we want you to test it and report back on it.

How to Apply

In a post below, please provide the following information, but DO NOT QUOTE this post when doing so.

First Name

City/State

Current Ball Played

Tell us your past experiences with any Top Flite ball. 

James king

Georgetown,De

Callaway Chome Soft

no prior experience w/ Top Flight.

• GolfSpy MPR changed the title to Testers ANNOUNCED: Top Flite Gamer Golf Balls
  • GolfSpy MPR locked this topic