Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Mizuno JPX Fli-Hi Hybrid

MrShowbiz999

Any thoughts on this club? I am looking for a new hybrid, and this looks like contender at a good price. Wanted to see if anyone had either hands-on and/or ownership of this club.

Thanks!

Marty

Krank Golf f11xx driver

Cobra Golf Fairway Woods (3, 5)

Tommy Armour Atomic Max Irons (4 - 9)

Tommy Armour Wedges (A, S, G, P)

Odyssey Works Versa Marxman Fang Putter

Mizuno JPX Fli-Hi Hybrid (4 & 7)

Yes, I have the 5.  It went straight in the bag.  Easy to hit, looks great and as you said, one of the best prices you will see for any club, let alone a club of this quality.   We put 4 out in the shop, and 3 of them sold the first day.   This could be the sleeper for the Mizuno line!

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

3 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Yes, I have the 5.  It went straight in the bag.  Easy to hit, looks great and as you said, one of the best prices you will see for any club, let alone a club of this quality.   We put 4 out in the shop, and 3 of them sold the first day.   This could be the sleeper for the Mizuno line!

Any thoughts on this vs. the Tour Edge Exotics line? EXS?

Marty

Krank Golf f11xx driver

I haven't seen or hit the TE EXS so I can't compare them at all. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

• 2 weeks later...

I'm very curious about these as well. Seems like one of the few hybrids that are really trying to be pure iron replacements in terms of similar length, shaft options, head weight, etc.

I'm wondering about playing the 4 (20 degree) as the equivalent of a 3 iron to slot in above the 4 iron (22 degree) in my set of MP-18 MMCs. I hit that 4i well enough with a decent ball flight at ~190. With whatever club speed that indicates I'm at the point of diminishing returns though, and there's no way a true 3i would make sense. Higher launch, some forgiveness and a better option out of the rough would be great. 

I've been playing a Cobra F8 19 degree hybrid in this spot but it's always felt closer to a fairway with the significantly lighter weight and longer length. I really like something that feels closer to an iron... with benefits. Next club up is a Cobra F8 3-4W that is good for ~225. 

Next question is... How would I spec it? My MP-18 MMC 4i is 38-¾ (Mizuno measurement technique, actual measurement is closer to 39), standard loft (22) and the lie is 62 (2 upright for Mizuno) with a KBS C-Taper Lite in Stiff. I'd do the same shaft for consistency. 

Also, first post here at MGS. I've lurked a bit and have been very impressed with the quality of posts here in the forums.

• 3 weeks later...

I got the 4 hybrid as a Chanukah present from my wife, and of course the next day it snowed so might be a while before I get to use it but so looking forward to it!

Marty

Krank Golf f11xx driver

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/29/2020 at 7:43 PM, NC Golfer said:

Is there a regular hybrid fli-hi or is the one part of the JPX921 combo set the same thing? 

Different club from the 921 in the set, according to the pics I just looked at online.

Marty

Krank Golf f11xx driver

Finally had a day when it wasn't too darn cold to go to the driving range, got a chance to give the new Mizuno hybrid a try. Love it! It feels heavier in the head to me than my old hybrid, which is a good thing as it helps me to keep the club closer to the ground rather than my usual lifting mistake. First few shots were straight as arrows, about 150 - 175 yards for this 4 hybrid at 19 degrees. Again, I am an older beginner, so not sure if that is good or bad to you more adept golfers but I'm pretty darn happy with that.

And at $79.99 (orig. $179.99), this is a major bargain for a really nice club with the headcover! 

Marty

Krank Golf f11xx driver