TESTERS WANTED! ×

2021 Bag is set!

I am really happy with my set up right now and as 2020 is wrapping up, I decided to throw a quick WITB together. 

Driver - Titleist TS2 10.5, Kuro Kage DC TiNi 50 S

Fairway - Callaway Epic Flash Heavenwood, HZRDUS Green 6.0

Hybrid - SIM Max 22*, Fujikura Pro 73 X

Irons - 4-GW Cobra Forged Tec, KBS C-Taper 125 S+ (GW has KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 125)

Wedges - Mizuno T20 55* & T20 Raw 60*, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 125)

Putter - Toulon Austin Stroke Lab

PXL_20201119_051442104.jpg

About me - I got really into golf about 10 years ago. Prior to that, I played a couple times a year at most. My clubs were a mix of hand-me-downs from my dad and some stuff I bought in high school. In the last 6-7 years especially, I have gotten more and more into the game and into equipment. Like many, I change stuff out more than I should. I enjoy trying out new things and that honeymoon period with a new club. However, I do realize that I'm not helping my game swapping out stuff so regularly. My golfing buddies will look in my bag for new sticks each time we get out on the course. I won't say that those days are over, but I am feeling really good about what I currently play and everything has a reason for being in there. 

I'm currently a 3.4 hcp and have been as low as a +0.2 and as high as a 4.3 in the last couple years. Driver swing speed is typically between 110 & 115 depending on the day. I'm 42 and my back is temperamental. On good days, I'm swinging freely and getting up near 280 or so off the tee. I do have the occasional 300+ but I would not call that a typical one. I'm happy living in the 270-280 range and keeping it on the planet. I've played 30-40 rounds a year for the last several years but it typically comes in bunches. In 2019, I didn't play a single round between April and August because I was busy coaching my kid's baseball/softball teams. However, 2020 has been a little different. I've got 60 rounds in so far and plan on playing at least a few more before the end of the year. 

Why in the bag?

TS2 - First of all, the TS2 looks fantastic at address. I love the flatter face than most current drivers. I'm typically low launch/low spin with driver and although this shaft doesn't fit on paper, I love that it is super easy to launch and I feel like I can work the ball both ways for the first time in a while. Since I put the TS2 in the bag, I feel like my average drive distance has increased a little bit but my misses are still very playable. I use the strokes gained stats quite a bit and driver has been by far my biggest gains over the last 6 months.

Heavenwood - This is my most recent addition but so far so good. Again, I have a pretty low launch overall and looking down at this gives me a lot of confidence. I love the bigger head size with additional loft, it just sets up perfectly for me. First swing on course was a shot from about 240 that just carried a front bunker and landed soft on the green (missed the eagle putt). I'm not quite sure about the shaft yet, it just doesn't feel very responsive to me but I'll give it a bit and see. I've been playing the HZRDUS Red in my fairways for a while but I need to get a proper tip for it.

SIM Max - Hands down, this is the best hybrid I have ever tried. It and reminds me a lot of my old Anser hybrid (which is a very good thing). It is easy to flight up or down as needed and LONG. 

Forged Tec Irons - I switched from the King Forged to these this year and have been really happy with them. They feel great, distances are consistent and the look fantastic. I was a little concerned with the increased offset but I got over that visual quickly and it actually has helped me with a little more consistent ballflight, especially in the 4-7 irons. I've played the KBS C-Tapers for a long time now and had a short experiment with some lighter shafts before going right back to these. They just feel right but I'm sure it's just because I've been using them for 6+ years.

Wedges - I've been playing around with my wedge setup for a while trying to find the sweet spot. I'm at a point now though that I just need to commit to a set up and stick with it. Trying to remember yardages and get comfortable with half shots is pretty difficult when changing stuff out so much. With the Forged Tec PW at 44* and the GW at 49*, I decided to go with a 55* SW and 60* LW. So far so good with these. I really loved the looks of the T20s. They have a nice clean look in the bag and I like the shape of them at address. I like the raw version in the 60* - helps with glare and I like that slightly rusty look.

Putter - This spot in my bag is typically a revolving door. I like putters and have a few in the collection. However, I want this to be a permanent fixture in the bag. Since I put it in the bag in June, I'm averaging just under 29 putts per round and have only had a few bad putting days. I really like this Stroke Lab shaft and the head just looks fantastic. It feels great and distance control has been really solid.

Edited by kmac49

Good looking setup.  Really interesting shaft selection going through the bag.

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

41 minutes ago, JohnSmalls said:

Good looking setup.  Really interesting shaft selection going through the bag.

Definitely not typical, the driver shaft especially... But it is working and I'm sticking with it. I've traditionally played something in the 65-75g range for driver and almost always in x flex. Based on swing speed and my aggressive (sometimes out of control) transition, that is what I was always fit into. But, it always seemed like a lot of work. Since switching to this, I feel like I've adapted and my tempo has improved (slowed).