TESTERS WANTED! ×

Why Do YOU Change Putters?

GolfSpy_X

My current putter has been in longer than any. It was a revolving door. Im not sure why I just like a new one periodically. I am about to bench my putter just because I feel stagnant with it. No rhyme or reason.

Sent from my VS988 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Ping G410 LST 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F3 60X

Callaway X2 Hot 2 Deep 12.5* 

Adams XTD LSP 23* hybrid Aldila rogue black 85X

Nike VR Pro II Blades 5-PW w/ Modus 120X

Nike Wedges

PXG Putter

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Used to game an Odyssey White Hot Pro #9, but replaced it with my current gamer because I had a hard time with the way it sat at address. Some days, I would put the Odyssey down by the ball and everything looked exactly as it should and I'd put a good stroke on it. Other days it just never looked right to me and I'd manipulate the stroke based on what I saw. Don't really know why the #9 was so difficult for me, but it just was. I demoed several models before settling on my 6m, but nothing felt as good or setup as easy (going from 34" to 33" didn't hurt either). I think I'm averaging about 1.7 putts per hole now and even had one round earlier this season where I averaged 1.4. This club won't be leaving my bag anytime soon.

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

On 3/8/2010 at 10:22 PM, GolfSpy_X said:

Putters are still the most changed club in the bag.

So this made me wonder...what makes YOU change to a different putter?

Tell me all the things in the past about a putter that have made you want to make a change.

Some examples: (weight, hosel, feel, finish, or anything outside of those that make you want to change)

Feel first then looks.

I've had expensive Scotties that felt like a dull Clunk and went nowhere, to mallets that you couldn't even feel the ball come off the face.

My current Ping Anser 2 makes a beautiful sound off the sweetspot but feels light, so I'm probably going to keep looking/changing until the right putter finds me.

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

Oh, for the cliché obvious reason that I _think_ a new putter is magically going to work better than the previous one!

Was using an Odyssey 1W for a few seasons (after going through a few putters of varying styles my first few seasons golfing) but then as I got more serious about improving my game, my putting didn't seem to keep up...

Tried different styles of gripping the putter, slightly moving the ball position up/back or in/out, adding lead tape to the flange, bending it another degree upright, having a shop check the loft vs my setup, tried straightening out my stroke, worked on the "clock" drill, etc.

So what's a guy to do?

Try another putter, of course!

First test was a long face-balanced mallet. Liked this for longer putts as it seemed to help with distance control, but otoh was not better on short putts. This was a Cleveland model and what I did like was the TFI face - very soft yet solid feel.

Then, somehow, happily, I was selected for the MLA XDream review (yea!) ... and then that became "the" putter. Good on distance control and good on short putts. So it displaced the 1W.

Then..... This season..... Dunno but wasn't 100% feeling it.....

More lessons and more work on the full swing but the putting was not commensurately improving despite consistent practice. So... Picked up a used very widebody flange Machine M2A Converter out of the Classifieds (also a full milled head, no face insert) and that felt like it was helping me putt better...

..until it wasn't...

Again felt like the putting sort of plateaued while the full swing continued to improve.

So put the M2A and the XDream side by side on the practice mat at home and at the practice green outside. I also resurrected an old iPhone 4 and put the old iPing app on it to test my putting stroke - told me I'm on the borderline going from Slight Arc to Strong Arc, suggesting I might benefit from more toe hang.

So I re-weighted the XDream to both make it a bit heavier and to add a little more toe hang, then added a bit more lead tape to the M2A to get about the same amount of toe hang and then back to the practice mat and the practice green.

Not counting score but just observing with which putter I seemed to be starting putts on my line more frequently plus which left me with easy 2-putts .. ie. with which I had better distance control and helped with 3-putt avoidance .. more often -- the XDream turned out to be the winner.

So that's my putter story.

And - of course - through all this I've come to realize that to really improve my on-course putting performance ... I really need to get better at (well .. getting the approach much closer to the hole! ..but really...) reading greens.

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

I don’t switch often but I will if performance is better on a newer model.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

Need to see a different look or a different feel when things get out of whack 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Up until about 3 years ago, I had the same putter for over 20 years. I won that putter at a Church Festival. It was at a putting booth. For like 2 bucks you got 3 putts on a astro-turf green , with a severe left to right break, from about 25 feet.  I drained 3 putts out of 3 putts and won the putter. It was a black Stan Thompson, with an Anser style head. No, great putter on the market by any means. But, that putter worked for me. It was kind of like Walter Matthau's Green Hornet in Grumpy Old Men. It was me and Stan. Then one round on the green Stan's head broke off. I was devasted. I tried about 4 putters for about 21/2 years. Different heads, Kuchar style, you name it. I could not find Stan. Bought a Stan on e bay and tried that, it was not the same. I'm happy to say, this year around end of April, I bought a Cleveland Huntington Beach 1. I really like it. I am comfortable with it, and have reasonable confidence in myself with it. That being said , it is not my original Stan. Stan, was like your first kiss. It may not be your forever true love, but it was a memory I will never forget.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Driver   :bridgestone-small:     JGR 9.5 R Flex Adila 65        

3 Wood  :callaway-logo-1:            XR RFlex Fujikura Evolution

5 Wood :callaway-logo-1:            XR R Flex Project X 5.5                                     

7Wood  :adams-small:    Speedline LP R Flex Matix HD Radix 5.1                                                                                                           Irons      :bridgestone-small:   4 thru A Wedge  J-15 CB R Flex NS Pro                                                                                                             Wedges :cleveland-small:              56 CG 15                                                                                                                                                                           XE!                      65                                                                                                                                                                       Putter      :EVNROLL:         ER 5  Hatchback                                                                                                                                                Ball          :titelist-small:                 NXT Tour S                                                                                                                                      

I don't.  No need.  I hit putts where I aim them, and distance control is reasonably good.  Why would I change? 😏

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

Basically for me it is just screwing around with different putters because I have so many vintage ones. Part of my fun now that I do not take golf seriously. But if I am serious and the money is really on the line either my rusty Scotty or my Zing 2 is in the bag. Yesterday the rusty Scotty was in the bag and I putted real good with it. Bear told me I needed to stop screwing around and keep it in the bag. Yeah I told him basically you are right but I have so much fun screwing around with my old Bullseyes or Armour Ironmasters or Spalding TP Mills or for that matter my old Tad Moore putters too not to mention some of my older Pings. 

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

My putters in rotation as follow:

Evnroll ER6
Bellum -Winmore 707
Nike Method Drone
SC Kombi
Slotline SKM693

I was not putting very well, so I started the rotation, after a week with Bellum-Winmore, I switched to the Nike and was rolling very smooth. Now I am ready to switch back to the Evnroll.

Don’t ask me why, but it makes the Evnroll work better....LOL

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Since last year, I've gone through 3 other putters and finally landed on one I like a LOT. All prior ones of course were all PING and all Anser style. Started with a 35", down to a couple at 34's and finally landed on my current B60 measuring in at 33" and is my fourth flat stick in roughly 12-months. I love this thing and it should be with me for a long, long time. Even tough it hails from their Vault 2.0 series, it's not a real looker, nor is it a piece of jewelry like a Scotty, but damn! It really putts well for me. It'd better. All other sticks are gone...🙄

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

8 hours ago, PING Apologist #9 said:

Since last year, I've gone through 3 other putters and finally landed on one I like a LOT. All prior ones of course were all PING and all Anser style. Started with a 35", down to a couple at 34's and finally landed on my current B60 measuring in at 33" and is my fourth flat stick in roughly 12-months. I love this thing and it should be with me for a long, long time. Even tough it hails from their Vault 2.0 series, it's not a real looker, nor is it a piece of jewelry like a Scotty, but damn! It really putts well for me. It'd better. All other sticks are gone...🙄

HA HA you aint seen my Scotty it is far from a piece of jewelry. It is rusty and beat up. It is actually a scrap pile refugee because I found it on a pile of scrap at work. Now from the pics I am going to try to post this is what it looks like. It has two names around here> "Junkyard Refugee" and "The Rusty SOB Scotty" I just call her "Rusty"20160112_155541.jpg20160115_171623.jpg20160112_184552.jpg

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

23 hours ago, BIG STU said:

HA HA you aint seen my Scotty it is far from a piece of jewelry. It is rusty and beat up. It is actually a scrap pile refugee because I found it on a pile of scrap at work. Now from the pics I am going to try to post this is what it looks like. It has two names around here> "Junkyard Refugee" and "The Rusty SOB Scotty" I just call her "Rusty"20160112_155541.jpg20160115_171623.jpg20160112_184552.jpg

THAT is something else! Must have been drowned in a green-side pond for a while, or in a bog. Wow! To some though, I bet this is the sweetest thing on the planet. I reckon you don't raelly have desire to have it restored, and I kinda wouldn't blame you. Sort of like finding that "barn find" classic car and selling it as-is with all of the "patina" (dust & rust) on it I suppose. Cool pics Stu! Thanks!

Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)

#Powertotheplayers

A takeoff on a putter thread, after reading the blogon pistol grips I think I'll be spending a couple of bucks on one.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

21 hours ago, PING Apologist #9 said:

THAT is something else! Must have been drowned in a green-side pond for a while, or in a bog. Wow! To some though, I bet this is the sweetest thing on the planet. I reckon you don't raelly have desire to have it restored, and I kinda wouldn't blame you. Sort of like finding that "barn find" classic car and selling it as-is with all of the "patina" (dust & rust) on it I suppose. Cool pics Stu! Thanks!

Actually checked into having it restored when I first found it. The first day I found it I putted with it. I did preliminary clean it with PB Blaster. It was a little light and still had a rotted original grip on it. The Price of restoring it was going to be big. I ended up putting lead tape on the sole anyhow to weight it up for me. I did clean it up some and redid the paint fill on the back and face. Now it has a nice patina. Besides I get a kick on some of the faces of the proper Scotty crowd. I have said in the past I would not game a putter that I have to put a cover on but lately I am using a old non descript Hamilton F-2 cover on it. Makes it easier to get it out of the bag since I have it cut down to 34". I think the reason I used a cover is because someone posted some pics one night on WRX of Brad Faxon's Scotty version of a My Day. It is rusty and has patina and he uses a cover WTF I thought so I use either that Hamilton cover or a old non descript one with palm trees on it. I tend to agree with your theory that it was in a pond somewhere and someone found it and when the found out the cost of restoration scrapped it. 

G

My best friend, golfing partner, and playing companion for over 50 years, uses the same putter that he used when he was 12 years old. That's when we started golfing together. We are now both 61 years old. Not sure the make and model, as the inscription is worn. He catches a lot of crap about that putter. Like , what Miniature Golf Course did he steal that from? They stop laughing, when they are opening up their wallett. He, is one of the best putters, I know. He sees , no reason to change and if I putted like him, I wouldn't either.

putter1.jpg

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Driver   :bridgestone-small:     JGR 9.5 R Flex Adila 65        

3 Wood  :callaway-logo-1:            XR RFlex Fujikura Evolution

5 Wood :callaway-logo-1:            XR R Flex Project X 5.5                                     

7Wood  :adams-small:    Speedline LP R Flex Matix HD Radix 5.1                                                                                                           Irons      :bridgestone-small:   4 thru A Wedge  J-15 CB R Flex NS Pro                                                                                                             Wedges :cleveland-small:              56 CG 15                                                                                                                                                                           XE!                      65                                                                                                                                                                       Putter      :EVNROLL:         ER 5  Hatchback                                                                                                                                                Ball          :titelist-small:                 NXT Tour S                                                                                                                                      

So, I've been thinking about what draws me to certain shapes and designs in the putter space that are tempting to to maybe move on from My Pipe... and I've hit on a couple things that move my personal needle.

1) Odd shapes. Obviously the Pipe isn't what one would call a traditional looking putter, and those seemingly are the ones that catch my eye. I guess it started when I picked up the OG Scotty Futura in a Dick's Sporting goods and just said, that's really cool. Since then shapes like Craz-e, Ug-Le, Doc from Ping, Nike's Method Concept and Blue Chip Oz, Odyssey Sabretooth, NC Voodoo and Voodoo Daddy, and others have run through my heads

2) Mallets. Having those high MOI mallets just makes me feel more comfortable, with a couple of exceptions (which I'll discuss in point three). The bigger the head the more likely I am to like it. TM Spiders, Evnroll ER9, Hell, Odyssey Tri-Ball, Seemore Giant. Big head equals big weight and makes me a confident boy.

3) Long and extended sight lines. This is probably the biggest thing for me. It's why the Pipe reigns supreme in my bag and has avoided every challenger. That long pipe on the back helps me visualize the stroke path and allows me to see when and where I'm starting on the stroke to make sure I deliver it back to the square every time. It's why it was a choice between that putter and the original Rife 2 Bar Mallet, it's all about the sight lines. It's why I'd be willing to roll a blade, but only the Scotty Cameron Detour, because of that long line up bar. Give me those lines and I feel confident, anything else makes me queasy.

So that's it, what would make me switch putters or make a choice in a future putter with more appreciable tech.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

Hasn’t been a lot of posts recently for TXG YouTube videos but they have recently done a few putter videos on face tech and toe hang that are informative. If you are looking for some information on putter design I recommend taking a look. Based on comments in the video they are planning on more putting videos soon.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

10 hours ago, KevinE said:

My best friend, golfing partner, and playing companion for over 50 years, uses the same putter that he used when he was 12 years old. That's when we started golfing together. We are now both 61 years old. Not sure the make and model, as the inscription is worn. He catches a lot of crap about that putter. Like , what Miniature Golf Course did he steal that from? They stop laughing, when they are opening up their wallett. He, is one of the best putters, I know. He sees , no reason to change and if I putted like him, I wouldn't either.

putter1.jpg

That looks like a old Northwestern to me. Hey it does not matter. I once knew of a guy that putted with a putt putt type putter and I will point out he was a big money gambler too. I think his was an old Kroyden. I remember Doyle Brunson out in Vegas quipped the " that guy has won enough with that old Kroyden putter he could have bought the Kroyden factory". 

G

• 2 weeks later...
putter1.jpg.3f739e4cfc84697c66c10934534ddcd3.jpg
Wow! I have a similar old brass knob that my FIL passed on to me. Haven't played it, but hmmm maybe I should try it :-)

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Haven't changed putters since 2012 (Ping Milled Anser), and have no plans to. 

Putt with something for six years and it becomes an extension of your body. 

Driver: Cobra Radspeed Project X RDX Smoke Blue 6.5

3-Wood: Titleist 913F 15.0 Diamana White S

Hybrid: Titleist 913H Diamana White S

Irons: Ping iBlade 3-PW Nippon Modus 105 X

Wedges: Ping Glide 2.0 52/58 degree Nippon Modus 105 X

Putter: Ping Anser 2012 

Mostly because I have way too many pretty putters.  Have not hit a golf ball in a month nor have I tried but somehow I have bought 5 putters in the time I have been off.

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

I changed to a SeeMore late this year because my speed control with my Edel was not good. I found there to be a real loss of distance with off-center hits, which most of mine are. I can already see an improvement after 5 rounds. Performance is my only reason to change, and when I did, I sent multiple videos to SeeMore to get my fitting done right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

On 10/21/2018 at 5:22 PM, BIG STU said:

The first picture made me think it was made from quartz... like a kitchen counter 😁

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

The Cleveland putter performed very well today, and did not cost $400. Actually it was only $85!

Huntington Beach 11 Soft.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

4 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

The first picture made me think it was made from quartz... like a kitchen counter 😁

One thing about it it has made 2 boatload of putts the last 2 weeks------ I have kinda quit screwing around with my other putters some and have been gaming it. Really if I am serious playing it is in the bag or as serious as I get these days

G

On 10/21/2018 at 11:02 AM, PING Apologist #9 said:

The Ping B takes me back to high school in the 80s.  If I ever see an original B61 somewhere, it will be mine.  Oh yes, it will be mine.  

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

13 hours ago, HardcoreLooper said:

The Ping B takes me back to high school in the 80s.  If I ever see an original B61 somewhere, it will be mine.  Oh yes, it will be mine.  

I've found several on eBay if you buy that way...Below are several links to some interesting ones that look pretty good and are really reasonably priced. A simple search there for "Ping B61" brought up 39 listings right away and they range anywhere between $12 up to around $62. Some guy down under even has a pair of "collectors" grade ones listed in at $290....assuming right-handed...Cheers!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/PING-B61-BLACK-OXIDE-34-1-2-PUTTER/273548488264?hash=item3fb0c2ae48:g:SYgAAOSwjwNbbE~7:rk:7:pf:0

https://www.ebay.com/itm/PING-B61-35-PUTTER-REFINISHED/273551839807?hash=item3fb0f5d23f:g:i~sAAOSwVcZb5aTE:rk:3:pf:0

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ping-B61-Putters-w-Original-grip-and-shaft-band/292803599641?hash=item442c745d19:g:2xsAAOSwjVVV3pzs:rk:8:pf:0

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ping-B61-Golf-Putter-Right-Hand-Steel/312296983871?hash=item48b659cd3f:g:N68AAOSwelZbdbsd:sc:USPSPriority!83642!US!-1:rk:9:pf:0

https://www.ebay.com/itm/35-INCH-ORIGINAL-PING-B61-PUTTER-ORIG-SHAFT-GRIP-ZIP-85068-VERY-NICE/372490450804?hash=item56ba293774:g:H7EAAOSwe25bFFO5:rk:10:pf:0

https://www.ebay.com/itm/PING-B61-KARSTEN-STAINLESS-35-PUTTER/352504627074?hash=item5212e9bf82:g:ZbsAAOSw~G9b2yoh:rk:12:pf:0

https://www.ebay.com/itm/EXCELLENT-RARE-Black-Oxide-Ping-B61-Putter-34-REALLY-NICE/291785887734?hash=item43efcb4ff6:g:QM0AAOSwepJXVzfO:rk:6:pf:0

Driver

#Powertotheplayers

Archived