TESTERS WANTED! ×

OFFICIAL MyGolfSpy Reader Review: Motocaddy

GolfSpyC

MotoCaddy Poll  

149 members have voted

1. 1. Could a MotoCaddy get you to walk more?

• Let's stretch the legs
    • Nothing could make me walk
    • I already walk
  2. 2. Which model would you be most likely to spring for?

• M1
    • M5
    • M7

I don't walk now, most of the Florida courses I play want you to rent a cart.  If and when I join a private course with walking available, I'm certain to purchase an electric trolley as walking is best.

Dave Mueller

8 hours ago, Lkt4gs said:

I would like to go electric (w/remote...) but have already spent much money on a Clicgear cart so was looking to go the Alphard ewheels route. Pros/Cons, given your experience?

Had a friend of a friend who went the route of retrofitted wheels. The longevity of the battery is questionable - less than 18-hole range after only one season. MGI Navigator is the best route to take if affordable.

Interesting read/review.  I still walk with my Sun Mountain push cart everywhere I can.  While I'm hopeful I can do this for my entire golf life, a motorized cart will eventually become a need.  Until then, I'll continue to get a wee bit winded and feel the burn in the calves on those long uphill holes.  Honestly, I like the exercise.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

I have had 21 knee and 14 ankle all on my right knee.  I am 100% permanently disabled veteran.  I rejoice in the fact that I can play golf.  It is my only competitive avenue.  I could walk on a very flat course like they have down in Florida if I had too but it would cost me at least 5 strokes.  I need to use CBDMD Freeze in 1500 or better still 3000mg just to make it thru 18.  I know from my ARCCO's data that I lose most of my strokes in either the first 3 holes or the last 3 holes.  I know that it takes me about 30-40 minutes to get loose because warming up with full swings would cause me more loses than gains.  I know that as the pain in my knee causes me to not push off effectively down the stretch because our course is very up hill at the end of the round.  For me to score at the end of the round I need to take at least a full club extra!  Walking and golf may be how it was meant to be played but I will enjoy a good ride spoiled!

Driver: Titleist TSR 3 10* Accura TZ6 M3 65g

Fairways: Callaway Rogue 15* & 19* Matrix Ozik TP 6 HD stiff 

Hybrid: Titleist TSI 4 & 5 Hybrids Mitsubishi Tensi AV 65 HY X stiff   

Irons:  KZG Forged III 6-P Accura iS7 (Refinished and regrooved)

Wedges: Cleveland CBX  50*, Taylormade MG 3 Tiger grind 56 bent to 54/10 & Taylormade MG 4 Tiger grind 56 bent to 58/14

Putter: Positive Putter's Custom P2 (think Edel putter meets Heavy Putter)

Ball: Callaway Chome Tour                        

All clubs have Winn Dri-Tac Wraps oversized

11 hours ago, Mackdaddy9 said:

I have had 21 knee and 14 ankle all on my right knee.  I am 100% permanently disabled veteran.  I rejoice in the fact that I can play golf.  It is my only competitive avenue.  I could walk on a very flat course like they have down in Florida if I had too but it would cost me at least 5 strokes.  I need to use CBDMD Freeze in 1500 or better still 3000mg just to make it thru 18.  I know from my ARCCO's data that I lose most of my strokes in either the first 3 holes or the last 3 holes.  I know that it takes me about 30-40 minutes to get loose because warming up with full swings would cause me more loses than gains.  I know that as the pain in my knee causes me to not push off effectively down the stretch because our course is very up hill at the end of the round.  For me to score at the end of the round I need to take at least a full club extra!  Walking and golf may be how it was meant to be played but I will enjoy a good ride spoiled!

I wanted to pick both the "sad" and "love it" buttons at once.  Sad for the injury and what you're having to deal with but love that you're not letting it stop you from playing 👏  If there ends up being an Official Forum Review opportunity for one of these carts, I'd like to enter and, if picked, have it sent to @Mackdaddy9.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

On 12/3/2020 at 5:22 PM, Hopen2Score said:

Had a friend of a friend who went the route of retrofitted wheels. The longevity of the battery is questionable - less than 18-hole range after only one season. MGI Navigator is the best route to take if affordable.

I always get 18, with two of the five status lights still on.  I’ve never pushed for more than 18.  But I just finished my second season and still going strong. 

Walking ahead of my BagBoy QuadXL w Alphard eWheels
Driver: Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Neutral w stock Evenflow Riptide R flex shaft
3W  Titelist TS2 15* Draw w Tensei Blue R flex
3H, 4H Cobra One Length F9 Speedback hybrids (1”short) w Fujikura Atmos R flex shaft
5I-GW Cobra Forged TEC Black One Length (1”short, 2* flat) KBS 90 R flex shafts
56, 60 Cobra King MIM One Length Black (1” short) KBS HiRev2.0 125 S flex shafts
ER7  or Scotty Futura X - 35”

OnCore Elixr (lemon or lime)

• 11 months later...

My friends and I bought 5 M7 remotes, and so far I’d give them a “meh” rating. Of the 5, one had 2 controller board issues, with the cart randomly shutting off and would not turn back on. Mine started doing crazy Ivan’s (see Hunt for Red October) by intermittently stopping, then going hard right after starting up again. It would also randomly shut off. It’s been sent back to MC, so we’ll see. When they work, they’re great.