Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Just ordered PXG 0211's

Hook DeLoft

I couldn't resist the pricing -- $84 dollars a club if you order by phone.  I'm stoked.  They said about 21 days to delivery.

14 of the following:

Ping G430 Max 10.5 degree

Callaway 2023 Big Bertha 3 wood set to 17 degrees

Cobra F9 Speedback 7/8 wood set at 23.5 degrees

Callaway Epic Max 11 wood

Ping Eye 2 BeCu 2-SW

Mizuno 923 JPX HM HL 6-GW

Hogan sand wedge 56 degree bent to 53

Maltby M Series+ 54 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 Eye2 58 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 60 degree

Evnroll ER2

Ping Sigma 2 Anser

Cheap Top Flite mallet putter from Dick's, currently holding down first place in the bag

TaylorMade Mini Spider

Bridgestone XS

I got fitted for some about 2 Months ago when I had been contemplating retrofitting my 718 AP1s into X-Stiff shafts. Ended up being cheaper to sell the AP1s and switch to the PXGs and i can't say enough good things about them. I'm going this weekend to get fitted for the Prototype driver, but if you have a bit extra to spend, BUY THE HYBRIDS, they are my absolute favorite hybrids I've ever tried.

Driver: PXG 0811X Prototype 9 Degree with an Aldila NV Green 65g X-Stiff, 1 Flat

3Wood: Titleist 915F 15 Degree with a Diamana Red Stiff Shaft

3 Hybrid: PXG 0311X Gen 2 with an Aldila NV Green 85g X-Stiff, 1 Degree Flat

4-PW: PXG 0211 Irons with Project X 6.5, 1 Degree Flat

Gap Wedge: Mizuno T5 51 Degree with 8 Degrees of Bounce, S200 Shaft

Sand Wedge: Nike 56 Degree, absolute garbage

They're fantastic clubs. I fit slightly better into the 0211 over the 0311 in my fitting, but went with the 0311 instead. Basically it was because I needed 2* flat and was unable to try either with that adjustment (lefty problems). I did hit the gen 3 with the 2* flat and I prefer the feel from the forged. What shaft did you get in them?

Welcome to my club. I have had my moments with them but for the most part I love them!

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

1 hour ago, 2puttbogey said:

They're fantastic clubs. I fit slightly better into the 0211 over the 0311 in my fitting, but went with the 0311 instead. Basically it was because I needed 2* flat and was unable to try either with that adjustment (lefty problems). I did hit the gen 3 with the 2* flat and I prefer the feel from the forged. What shaft did you get in them?

Regular flex Accra. I have a slower swing speed and need a high launch shaft. I also specified specs for each club. For instance, I ordered the 5 thru 8 iron in standard lofts and tweaked the lofts on the shorter irons. That was another benefit to talking to a rep instead of just ordering on line. 

14 of the following:

Ping Eye 2 BeCu 2-SW

Ping Glide 3.0 60 degree

Evnroll ER2

Ping Sigma 2 Anser

Cheap Top Flite mallet putter from Dick's, currently holding down first place in the bag

TaylorMade Mini Spider

Bridgestone XS

• 3 weeks later...

The irons got here yesterday. I went to the course today and played a very fast 9 holes. It was cold and breezy and the turf was soft and semi-bare, so conditions weren’t the best. I can say they feel better on mis-hits than any irons I have played. Soft feel with a soft click at impact on good strikes. I think the distance is going to be comparable to my Callaway Mavrik Max irons, but I had the lofts bent to match the Callaways in the short irons. Not enough reps to say for sure, but they seem harder to hook than the Cally’s which is a huge plus for me. The only small complaint is I’m not a big fan of the graphics on the Accra shafts, but that’s not a deal breaker.  The longest iron is a 5 and I hit it so well I’m wondering if I should get a 4 iron. Sadly, if you hit one two inches fat off soft turf, they come up short🤨

14 of the following:

Ping Eye 2 BeCu 2-SW

Ping Glide 3.0 60 degree

Evnroll ER2

Ping Sigma 2 Anser

TaylorMade Mini Spider

Bridgestone XS

14 hours ago, Hook DeLoft said:

The irons got here yesterday. I went to the course today and played a very fast 9 holes. It was cold and breezy and the turf was soft and semi-bare, so conditions weren’t the best. I can say they feel better on mis-hits than any irons I have played. Soft feel with a soft click at impact on good strikes. I think the distance is going to be comparable to my Callaway Mavrik Max irons, but I had the lofts bent to match the Callaways in the short irons. Not enough reps to say for sure, but they seem harder to hook than the Cally’s which is a huge plus for me. The only small complaint is I’m not a big fan of the graphics on the Accra shafts, but that’s not a deal breaker.  The longest iron is a 5 and I hit it so well I’m wondering if I should get a 4 iron. Sadly, if you hit one two inches fat off soft turf, they come up short🤨

The 4 i to me is so easy to hit and i hated hitting 4 irons. btw, as the weather warms up, these things should fly great for you. the COR2 is probably to stiff due to the cold. Welcome to the club!

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

My Reviews:

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

Played 18 this morning.  About 40 degrees at tee off.  Warmed up to about 57 by the end of the round.  I made enough bad swings to decide that the 0211's are pretty forgiving.  On a par 3 into the wind, I hit a 5 iron and could tell it wasn't the best contact but it still ended up pin high.  The good feel has a down side:  I could tell from the sound and feel that I mis-hit it but I couldn't tell where on the face the contact was.  Don't know if that's because of the magic gunk in the heads or the graphite shaft or a combination of both.  So far, it's been a nice honeymoon.  Back at it tomorrow.

14 of the following:

Ping Eye 2 BeCu 2-SW

Ping Glide 3.0 60 degree

Evnroll ER2

Ping Sigma 2 Anser

TaylorMade Mini Spider

Bridgestone XS

18 hours ago, NativeTxn said:

I’ve got a custom set of 921 HMP’s coming in the next month or so, but $84-$89 a club is almost too good to pass up. So tempting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My hot metals got here yesterday. Played them in the sim today, amazing feel. Totally worth the wait

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

• 3 weeks later...

New irons launched today. They are stronger lofted and longer stock length. Still glad i got the old gen although, these different lofts would mean i could go straight from 4I to 3w and have only a 4* gap in loft and the bottom end of the bag would make a 52* and 58* setup more viable. 

image.png

My Reviews:

Trying to figure out what PXG's end game is from a pricing perspective. They started out at the ultra high end in terms of pricing. Then they seemed to offer what was a temporary discount when Covid started. But now even when golf equipment sales became hot, they are still pricing even most of their new releases low. 

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

16 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

Trying to figure out what PXG's end game is from a pricing perspective. They started out at the ultra high end in terms of pricing. Then they seemed to offer what was a temporary discount when Covid started. But now even when golf equipment sales became hot, they are still pricing even most of their new releases low. 

Some of the pricing was based on getting the golfers who didn’t care about money or willing to pay for what others couldn’t have., but the other part was to recoup the startup costs. The molds for a single loft in an iron run upwards of $50k, they had 3 separate lines for both right and left handlers. Iirc in 2018 they made back all the money they invested and then released their driver about $50 higher than the rest of the top brands to say thanks for the support from their customers and give back, it still kept them in the premium product realm but within the reach for more golfers.

Their irons in the 0311 line are still premium priced but for those with verified heroes accounts get a nice price break.

The 0211 was their move away from previous sgi and gi lines that didn’t sell and even parsons wasn’t 100% satisfied with. They had this priced lower to bring in that segment of golfer who wants/needs more forgiveness and was priced lower than then 0311 line to help with that.

The new 0211 line is the first time they have a full lineup of clubs from driver thru irons and the pricing without the heroes price is pretty much inline with the rest of the market. My guess is this is being done to grab some additional market share in the gi club category

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

It is interesting as the first 0211s were more designed as a combo set of players distance and GI whereas these now seem full GI to SGI based on lofts.

My Reviews:

27 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Some of the pricing was based on getting the golfers who didn’t care about money or willing to pay for what others couldn’t have., but the other part was to recoup the startup costs. The molds for a single loft in an iron run upwards of $50k, they had 3 separate lines for both right and left handlers. Iirc in 2018 they made back all the money they invested and then released their driver about $50 higher than the rest of the top brands to say thanks for the support from their customers and give back, it still kept them in the premium product realm but within the reach for more golfers.

Their irons in the 0311 line are still premium priced but for those with verified heroes accounts get a nice price break.

The 0211 was their move away from previous sgi and gi lines that didn’t sell and even parsons wasn’t 100% satisfied with. They had this priced lower to bring in that segment of golfer who wants/needs more forgiveness and was priced lower than then 0311 line to help with that.

The new 0211 line is the first time they have a full lineup of clubs from driver thru irons and the pricing without the heroes price is pretty much inline with the rest of the market. My guess is this is being done to grab some additional market share in the gi club category

The new 0211 driver is priced at $295, which seems cheap for a new release.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

58 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

The new 0211 driver is priced at $295, which seems cheap for a new release.

It’s listed for $375 but discounted to $295 and $275 for heroes. So yes it’s pretty cheap and if one is trying to break into gaining more market share that could be a double edged sword. On one hand it’s cheaper than the other drivers on the market so it’s appealing in price to someone looking to save money. On the other like some other brands the lower price could be a turnoff and viewed as cheap like cobra used to be for a long time or even Cleveland which hurts sales.

Not knowing what’s in Parson’s head to me based on the marketing on the site for this new line he’s stepping out of the PXG norm of high prices to match the “quality” and offer everything people are looking for at an extremely affordable price. So the buyer would get the best of both worlds, great product without having the pay the price that comes with it

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

The new 0211s are offered at $115 per club to non-heroes. 

14 of the following:

Ping Eye 2 BeCu 2-SW

Ping Glide 3.0 60 degree

Evnroll ER2

Ping Sigma 2 Anser

TaylorMade Mini Spider

Bridgestone XS

On 1/7/2021 at 12:16 PM, dlow206 said:

I really think it’s about capturing the market the would purchase PXG clubs but not at their high end price. I would have loved a set a year back but at 2k for a set of irons, I couldn’t justify spending that for myself. Everyone wants a Ferrari but not everyone could afford a Ferrari. If someone gave you the chance to drive a Ferrari that cost 50%less brand new a lot of people would jump at that. But you will still have loyalists that want the high end clubs whether it is for craftsmanship or other reasons. Until their lower price clubs prove otherwise they aren’t showing a huge drop off with their performance or materials which could strengthen their position in the market for both the top and bottom price points

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

I wish I would have grabbed these when they were $84 a stick, now I’m looking at the new model

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

• 1 month later...

I got 2 sets of the 2020 0211 irons.

First set was from PXG Express in 11/2020 that was rated Excellent, almost like new. 4I -LW. After trying them did not like the MMT 80 Stiff graphite shafts, so traded them out for Stiff Elevate 95 steel shafts.

Second set new from PXG in 12/2020. Stiff Elevate 95 steel shafts, 4I -LW. I like the look and feel of these irons. 

Also got a PXG wood set with the new iron set.

0811X Driver I like. HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 60 stiff shaft. Seems to be consistent. Maybe not as long as the TaylorMade M2's I was playing, but miss hits seem to be consistently better. 

0341X 3W was okay for hitting off the fairway. However, I did not care for the shallower face it teed up a little bit and traded it for an 0211 3W because the 0211 face was a little taller. HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70 stiff shaft. 

0341X 5W HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70 stiff shaft. Hit it okay but the face was not holding up well, so returned it to PXG last week. Only one of the 23 clubs I purchased that I was unhappy with. 

PXG delivered the new set in 3 1/2 weeks. Very impressed with their turnaround time compared to clubs ordered from other manufacturers in the last part of 2020 that took months, and months, and months.

Irons: Ping Rapture, Stand length, stiff shaft, black dot

Driver: Taylor Made M2, 9.5 degree stiff shaft

Right handed

Rancho Mirage, CA

Current index 9.6

• 2 months later...

I went for a full bag PXG fitting today, I hit the 0211’s great...great sound, feel and ball flight....these will be in my bag soon

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

Don't forget to check the specs if you order on the phone.  I haven't played with mine much lately because the wider sole of my Mavrik Max irons is more forgiving in the mud of winter and early spring.  I started playing more with the 0211's and it seemed nearly every club was shorter than expected, especially the short irons.  I thought I might be getting more spin from the 0211's and put down the distance decrease to that.  Yesterday, I took them to the local shop and had the lofts checked.  Every single club was different than the loft I ordered.  When I ordered the clubs on the phone, I had a feeling the rep was getting confused, so there ya go.  Still think they are a great bargain.  Even the new model is only $99 per club.

14 of the following:

Ping Eye 2 BeCu 2-SW

Ping Glide 3.0 60 degree

Evnroll ER2

Ping Sigma 2 Anser

TaylorMade Mini Spider

Bridgestone XS