Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Wildlife In The Suburbs

chisag

55 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Apparently, Redwood City, CA has a Coyote problem...  see the small print.  🤣

image0.jpeg.e4d518d665d32d36d220801e8d638d28.jpeg

Someone has been watching Looney Tunes with their children again. Funny. 

Mizuno ST190, 9 degrees, Fujikura Ventus Black 6S

Mizuno ST190, 14 degrees, Fujikura Ventus Black 7S

Mizuno ST200 , 18 degrees, Fujikura Ventus Blue 7X

Miura CB 301, 4 iron, Fujikura Ventus 9x

Miura CB 301, 5-PW Nippon Modus 120S

Miura K Grind, 52, 54 and 58, Nippon Modus 130s  hand ground by Usher Golf

Miura KM 006 LH 

Apparently, Redwood City, CA has a Coyote problem...  see the small print.  🤣
image0.jpeg.e4d518d665d32d36d220801e8d638d28.jpeg

Someone has great sense of humor!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

That's an awesome sign!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     :titleist-small: TSR3 9* UST Mamiya Proto LIN-Q Blue 

Fairways   :titleist-small: TSi2 UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 13.5* 

Driving Iron:   :titleist-small: U500 17* :Fuji:  Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   :titleist-small: T350 4 & 5, T200 6 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges    :vokey-small: SM9 48*, SM9 52*, SM8 56* Modus Tour Wedge 

Putter    :cameron-small: Newport 2 w/ Garsen Ultimate grip 

Ball    :titleist-small:  *ProV1 Left Dot

I live a driver and a 3 wood from the banks of the Willamette R. We have a large park about a mule from me along the banks that has coyotes, deer, and occasionally cougars and elk will be spotted along   I see deer and coons every so often at night driving through the neighborhood. No big deal to me. 

My home course skirts a housing development and the country side. Coyotes and deer are commonly seen as well as a cougar sighting once in a great while. Ive seen a resident Bobcat a few times. My driving range in the same area will get deer and coyotes. 

I personally love seeing the wildlife.  

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

Our course is an International Audubon certified course that is less than 1/4 mile from the Columbia River and the Yakima River delta that flows into the Columbia River, which is why we have a LOT of Canada Geese.  We don't have any houses on the course, but there are condos next to the #3 tee box and on the other side of the pond that runs along the left side of the #3 fairway and up to the #4 tee box.  No other buildings.  We occasionally get deer, but not too often as I-182 runs along #4 and #5 holes.

We do have several species of hawks and bald eagles have nests in the Yakima River delta area.  They fly over the course quite often.  The hawks nest in the same trees where the squirrels live.  My wife feeds the squirrels peanuts, salted of course to season them for the hawks.  🤣  Here's one yesterday that took the peanut from my wife's hand.  They know her by sight!!

IMG_5629.jpeg.db89c9f1d0dab75ce624863d94e1464b.jpeg

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I don't mind the wildlife in our area.  Our property borders a 3000 acre state forest so we get frequent deer, turkeys, fox, etc along with the occasional coyote.  No bear or mountain lions that could be a danger so I wander around outside at night with no worries.  The only issue is keeping the deer-out sprayed on the plants to keep the deer from eating the landscaping investment.

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

55 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Our course is an International Audubon certified course that is less than 1/4 mile from the Columbia River and the Yakima River delta that flows into the Columbia River, which is why we have a LOT of Canada Geese.  We don't have any houses on the course, but there are condos next to the #3 tee box and on the other side of the pond that runs along the left side of the #3 fairway and up to the #4 tee box.  No other buildings.  We occasionally get deer, but not too often as I-182 runs along #4 and #5 holes.

We do have several species of hawks and bald eagles have nests in the Yakima River delta area.  They fly over the course quite often.  The hawks nest in the same trees where the squirrels live.  My wife feeds the squirrels peanuts, salted of course to season them for the hawks.  🤣  Here's one yesterday that took the peanut from my wife's hand.  They know her by sight!!

IMG_5629.jpeg.db89c9f1d0dab75ce624863d94e1464b.jpeg

Ohhhhh....squirrels are public enemy #1 at my house. Big walnut trees front and back draw them in.  Shade trees and squirrels or take them out and no squirrels?  I still have both 

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

6 minutes ago, pulledabill said:

Ohhhhh....squirrels are public enemy #1 at my house. Big walnut trees front and back draw them in.  Shade trees and squirrels or take them out and no squirrels?  I still have both 

I do not know where the walnut tree is in my neighborhood; I can't find it!  But I find walnuts buried in my garden and grass in my backyard.  Four squirrels have been fried on the power line transformer in the last year.  Maybe that's all of them.  I don't think they were a problem to the previous owners of my house; they had dogs.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

We've been getting a lot more deer in the yard than in past years. I opened the blinds yesterday to 4 of them in the back yard munching away on my dormant grass. Had a fisher trotting through the yard the other day as well, first time I've ever seen one in person. I hear them at night a bunch which is eerie. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

21 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

We've been getting a lot more deer in the yard than in past years. I opened the blinds yesterday to 4 of them in the back yard munching away on my dormant grass. Had a fisher trotting through the yard the other day as well, first time I've ever seen one in person. I hear them at night a bunch which is eerie. 

... Being a city boy that was raised in the country, I had no idea what a "fisher" was til I looked it up. Looks kinda like a land otter. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

... Being a city boy that was raised in the country, I had no idea what a "fisher" was til I looked it up. Looks kinda like a land otter. 

Likewise, being a city boy myself I had never even heard of them until we had been here for about a year and I heard a woman screaming at 2am. Wasn’t a woman - it was a fisher. Freaked me right out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

More like a weasel or mink.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

20 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

Likewise, being a city boy myself I had never even heard of them until we had been here for about a year and I heard a woman screaming at 2am. Wasn’t a woman - it was a fisher. Freaked me right out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fox can sound like that too.  

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

• 1 month later...

I got home from work today and my wife told me I was going to be jealous of her. My immediate response was "did you get fitted for new irons?". 

That wasn't it...what happened was she saw the albino deer that hangs around our neighborhood and she took video. I got a screenshot of it, and I thought it was pretty cool. Screenshot_20210329-180728_Gallery-01.jpeg.a74a7b2aa42539346a2a3e65311f026d.jpeg

The metro parks are less than a mile from my house, see Cleveland's Emerald Necklace. But a crew of 7-12 doe have been hanging around getting into staring contests with my dog. Sometimes he'll hop and bow like he wants them to play.

Also one day over the winter a hawk nailed a good sized rabbit in the yard. It was fun trying to keep the coon hound away from the kill. I heard hawks will return to their kill, but I left it for awhile and it never came back.

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

• 1 year later...

I'm lucky enough to have Deer come in my back yard early in the morning. I also have a lot of Hawks looking for squirls and rabbits. Recently, I have a Red Fox that I see every now and again in the evening. 

My Am Bull... Moose, isn't as fond of him as I am...😂

This had been my backyard the last few mornings. Mom is usually not far, and thankfully she doesn't leave the fawn in our yard. But my dog knows it's around and tries to get it. It's just chain link between my neighbors and he's a treeing walker coon hound, so if he sees it, it fires him up

IMG_20220629_081337.jpg

IMG_20220629_081417.jpg

IMG_20220629_081420.jpg

IMG_20220629_081424.jpg

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

On 7/5/2022 at 2:29 AM, Philip_R said:

Living right next to the Kruger National Park, we get some interesting animals that occasionally come into town, some more frequently than others. 

Vervet Monkeys are very frequent visitors in town and will get into houses and ruin everything inside looking for food, and if cornered will soil themselves and everything around them in the house. 

Baboons are seen daily on the golf course. See my very poor picture taken late yesterday afternoon.  

20220704_170042.jpg.f2dc969bb8199979e915c9a203fd7744.jpg

2 Years ago there was a young male lion that came out of the park moved through town from the one side to the other to eventually being darted and returned to the park a week later, after killing some livestock. 

Last week a large leopard was caught in a cage in Komatipoort in town about 45km away from Malelane. He came into town at night and caught a number of dogs before getting caught. 

We also have crocodiles in nearly every dam or pond with constant water. On our processing plant, where I am the engineer, we have crocodiles in the effluent dams.  Once these crocodiles exceed 2.5m in length they start to see humans as pray and will try and attack humans coming to close to the water. We had a fatality earlier this year where a poacher went into a dam with nets to fish at night. All the rivers in the area have hippos and some farmers even have "tame" hippos that sleep on their porch. 

During the dry season elephants, hippo and buffalo break through the park fence to feed on the sugarcane fields bordering the park and town. These animals get shot and the meat goes to the poor local communities. 2 Years ago during an extreme drought 2 elephants came into town, after being chased back by helicopter twice, and chose to break the fence for a third time they were shot. 

Snakes in yards is a regular occurrence and it is mostly Mozambique spitting cobras or Black Mambas being removed. Luckily the private security companies offer snake catching and removal as part of their standard service. 

Dang.....and I am irritated by deer eating the hastas and other plants if I don't get the Deer out sprayed on periodically.  That ain't nuthin' compared to elephants eating the cane fields, hippos on the deck, monkeys flinging poo, lions eating livestock & pets, etc, etc!!!   😱

1 minute ago, sixcat said:

This picture was taken in late fall 2019 in a place called Sugar Mountain about 15 minutes northwest of Linville Golf Club. Yes, those are mountain lions!!!

Cougars.jpg

Love it!!

Rick

Left Hand, 

21 minutes ago, sixcat said:

This picture was taken in late fall 2019 in a place called Sugar Mountain about 15 minutes northwest of Linville Golf Club. Yes, those are mountain lions!!!

Cougars.jpg

You can catch them by putting a large cardboard box in a field... seriously!  😂

On 7/5/2022 at 1:29 AM, Philip_R said:

Living right next to the Kruger National Park, we get some interesting animals that occasionally come into town, some more frequently than others. 

Vervet Monkeys are very frequent visitors in town and will get into houses and ruin everything inside looking for food, and if cornered will soil themselves and everything around them in the house. 

Baboons are seen daily on the golf course. See my very poor picture taken late yesterday afternoon.  

2 Years ago there was a young male lion that came out of the park moved through town from the one side to the other to eventually being darted and returned to the park a week later, after killing some livestock. 

Last week a large leopard was caught in a cage in Komatipoort in town about 45km away from Malelane. He came into town at night and caught a number of dogs before getting caught. 

We also have crocodiles in nearly every dam or pond with constant water. On our processing plant, where I am the engineer, we have crocodiles in the effluent dams.  Once these crocodiles exceed 2.5m in length they start to see humans as pray and will try and attack humans coming to close to the water. We had a fatality earlier this year where a poacher went into a dam with nets to fish at night. All the rivers in the area have hippos and some farmers even have "tame" hippos that sleep on their porch. 

During the dry season elephants, hippo and buffalo break through the park fence to feed on the sugarcane fields bordering the park and town. These animals get shot and the meat goes to the poor local communities. 2 Years ago during an extreme drought 2 elephants came into town, after being chased back by helicopter twice, and chose to break the fence for a third time they were shot. 

Snakes in yards is a regular occurrence and it is mostly Mozambique spitting cobras or Black Mambas being removed. Luckily the private security companies offer snake catching and removal as part of their standard service. 

And WHY does anyone live there?! Good gracious.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

On 7/5/2022 at 2:29 AM, Philip_R said:

Ahhh this makes me miss South Africa!

1 hour ago, sixcat said:

Cougars.jpg

Heccccckkkkkkk no.   My high school's mascot was the cougar and we had one that visited a taxidermist on the way to the lobby of our school, those little jokers are way bigger up close than you'd expect.

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

1 hour ago, JohnSmalls said:

Heccccckkkkkkk no.   My high school's mascot was the cougar and we had one that visited a taxidermist on the way to the lobby of our school, those little jokers are way bigger up close than you'd expect.

They weigh between 150 and 200 pounds fully grown. 

Can we all agree to keep this a secret? Virginia Department of Wildlife Resources still claim the Eastern Cougar (Mountain Lion) has been extinct since the 1920's. North Carolina, Tennessee, West Virginia and Kentucky all disagree. So do the farmers in southwest Virginia that have game-camera footage. These two relaxing in the trees were less than 50 miles south of the Virginia state line. Hard to imagine them being so prevalent that close to Virginia, within the same mountain range, and not be in Virginia. Virginia Tech has even proven the existence (with photos) of Mountain Lions as far north as Gravel Springs Gap 50 miles west of Washington DC. Again, same mountain range. 

My state can be completely ridiculous sometimes. 

4 minutes ago, sixcat said:

They weigh between 150 and 200 pounds fully grown. 

Can we all agree to keep this a secret? Virginia Department of Wildlife Resources still claim the Eastern Cougar (Mountain Lion) has been extinct since the 1920's. North Carolina, Tennessee, West Virginia and Kentucky all disagree. So do the farmers in southwest Virginia that have game-camera footage. These two relaxing in the trees were less than 50 miles south of the Virginia state line. Hard to imagine them being so prevalent that close to Virginia, within the same mountain range, and not be in Virginia. Virginia Tech has even proven the existence (with photos) of Mountain Lions as far north as Gravel Springs Gap 50 miles west of Washington DC. Again, same mountain range. 

My state can be completely ridiculous sometimes. 

You can add SC to that list.

I've got a family member and a few friends that work for the department of natural resources (game wardens) that have all seen cougars in SC and NC while they were hunting, patrolling, or doing preserve work.  It is not a common thing, but they are certainly in the Carolinas.

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

3 hours ago, Kenny B said:

You can catch them by putting a large cardboard box in a field... seriously!  😂

Remind me if I'm ever up that way to carry some catnip to throw at them if they decide to come after me. Maybe that'll distract them long enough to get away.

Thanks for sharing the photo @sixcat, that's pretty cool.