Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Golf Mats

Check out, Country Club Elite.  It's thinker then the average mat which reduces club bounce.  

Driver:  :callaway-small: Callaway Mavrik Max 9° neutral weight setting - Shaft: Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 60S, length 44.75"

Wood:  :cobra-small: Cobra King SZ 3 wood 13° - Shaft: (Stock) Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 65 Graphite

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: Cobra King SZ 19°-21° - Shaft: (Stock) UST Recoil 480 ESX F4

Irons: :cobra-small: 5-PW Cobra King SZ - Shaft: Nippon N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour 105

Wedges: :vokey-small: Titleist Vokey SM8 54°, 58° - Shaft: (Stock) Wedge Flex

Putter:  :scotty-small: Scotty Cameron X12, length 34"

:Clicgear: Rovic RV1S

16 minutes ago, Urbs_Valhalla said:

Check out, Country Club Elite.  It's thinker then the average mat which reduces club bounce.  

Second the Country Club elite mat for concrete. Have had mine for six years. Zero issues with the mat.  It still looks new. No problems with my body hitting off the garage setup every day. And...unlike some mats at a range....you will know if you hit the ball fat. 

:ping-small: G 400 driver with Aldila DVS 55-SR shaft (FAIRWAY FINDING MONSTER)

:taylormade-small: Aero Burner 16 degree mini driver regular flex

:callaway-logo-1: Rogue Heavenwood regular flex 

:Hogan: Icon/PTX Pro Combo Set.  VKTR hybrid.

:Hogan: Equalizer Wedges 50, 54, 58 degrees

:callaway-small:Odyssey Two Ball Triple Track Putter, 32 inches  

LAB Golf Directed Force 2.1 putter, 32 inches, 70 degree lie angle

Right Handed. 

I’d been struggling with that question... waivering between a Fiberbuilt and a TrueStrike.  I do not have the overhead clearance in either my house or my garage to take full swing - so this is for my backyard and if I’m going to do this I also want to build a butting green around or adjacent to it.  

I finally settled on the True Strike system.  Got a modular piece to set in the middle of a ProPutt modular putting green.  There was a long wait and it just arrived this week.  Coincidentally my Mevo+ also just arrived.  The Sporina net has been patiently waiting for its partners...  Haven’t had an opportunity to test it out yet, but when I do I’ll share what I learn. 

069EF6E8-C6D9-46F6-BFE6-1F3FC53FFF39.jpeg.5b7d9e2573ce755a59c0494b7853bd48.jpeg  The hitting area with the gel insert is smaller, the turf lays over it and fasten/clicks into place. It’s  pretty sturdy. I should have taken a picture with the turf off - and will do so when I return home - currently holed up in a hotel for two weeks...

As I said, I haven’t hit off it yet, but I’ll give the folks at ProPutt (the TrueStrike distributors) major points for customer service. I made several calls and emails to Brian there and he was very good about answering questions and thinking through how I was going to use this and laying out my little backyard practice area. 

Walking ahead of my BagBoy QuadXL w Alphard eWheels
Driver: Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Neutral w stock Evenflow Riptide R flex shaft
3W  Titelist TS2 15* Draw w Tensei Blue R flex
3H, 4H Cobra One Length F9 Speedback hybrids (1”short) w Fujikura Atmos R flex shaft
5I-GW Cobra Forged TEC Black One Length (1”short, 2* flat) KBS 90 R flex shafts
56, 60 Cobra King MIM One Length Black (1” short) KBS HiRev2.0 125 S flex shafts
ER7  or Scotty Futura X - 35”

OnCore Elixr (lemon or lime)

7 hours ago, joen said:

Second the Country Club elite mat for concrete. Have had mine for six years. Zero issues with the mat.  It still looks new. No problems with my body hitting off the garage setup every day. And...unlike some mats at a range....you will know if you hit the ball fat. 

Third for the Real Feel Country Club Elite mat.  You don't get away with a bad strike on the ball.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”