Testers Announced! Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Drivers and Autoflex Dream 7 Shafts! ×

Home simulator-Optishot2

twyatt700

Anyone out there used or have the optishot home simulator. My neighbor gave me his as he did have a place to use it indoors. I’ve used it a few times now in the garage and I’m questioning its accuracy. Just wondering if anyone else has used this product.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Ping G430 Max 9* turned up to 10* in draw setting X-Stiff Ping Tour Chrome 2.0 60

Srixon ZX 3w Ventus Velocore Blue 7s

Ping G425 5w X-Stiff Ping Tour 70 

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Modus Tour 105 Stiff 

Srixon ZX& 7-PW  Modus Tour 105 Stiff 

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 50* 54* 58* TrueTemper Dynamic Gold Spinner

See the source image Phantom X5 Putter

Ball: Srixon Z-Star Diamond <>

https://mygolfspy.com/dancin-dogg-optishot-review/

This is a small selection.  Hope it helps.

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

2 hours ago, twyatt700 said:

Anyone out there used or have the optishot home simulator. My neighbor gave me his as he did have a place to use it indoors. I’ve used it a few times now in the garage and I’m questioning its accuracy. Just wondering if anyone else has used this product.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I have the Optishot 2 and have used it for the past several years.  I takes a bit to dial in all the settings. Lighting is critical. Dark color clubs do not have enough reflection for the sensors but you can just put a strip of white electrical tape on the sole parallel to the face and that fixes it. 

You have to know how far you hit each of your clubs and then adjust the distance for each club in your set. You do this where you input the loft and length of your club. I also have a Mevo that i can set up behind me to collect the data for the average then input that number.  Its a pain in the butt, but once you get it all in correctly it will score like you would on the  course. The putting is not very good. I set it up for 6 foot gimies. Any other questions, let me know.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

If you go on You Tube there is a guy named Dean who has done some good videos on how to set up your Optishot. Lighting is pretty important. LEDs seem to best. If you know your distances you can set it up to simulate your actual game. I have found the club head information it does give pretty helpful. My tempo has gotten more consistent and my club head has gotten much closer to square since I started using it. I’ve played in a simulator league the last couple of years on much more expensive simulator and my Optishot scores are similar. 

D- Tour Edge EXS 220

4W- Sub 70 949X

Hybrid- Sub 70 949X

Utility- Sub 70 699 U  21 degree

Irons- Sub 70 749 5-PW

Wedges- Sub 70 286 50+54, Tour Edge 1 out 58 degree 

Putter- Cleveland Huntington Beach soft # 11

Ball- Titleist Tour Soft

• 1 year later...

It is a 'fun' simulator. It is no Trackman or FullSwing Sim. But for the price it is fun and keeps your swinging during winter months. For us, we had to build a platform, if you don't use one... it is just awkward. Here is a full review of the OptiShot 2, I created on YouTube: