TESTERS WANTED! ×

Formula 1

FrogginBullfish

17 hours ago, Thin2win said:

Russell with a win!  next year could be a good season with RB , Ferrari,  and Merc.

Verstappen has been unstoppable this year,  but still acts insolent.  Why not give checo the spot at the end? Max remains a horrible teammate. But lordy can be drive.

That is another problem too - Max just doesn't seem likeable.  It he seems spoiled.

I know the internet seems to have a pretty big Lewis vs Max spilt.  And the have both done things that rev up the other Camp. 

I'm team Lewis,  so I'll admit I have that bias. I think max is the best driver out there right now.  I just also think he is the most arrogant and worst teammate.

Him and RB have had a dominate outing this year and a deserving championship as a result.  In his interview after the race yesterday max brought up last year's final race as why he thinks Lewis didn't give him more room,  and he also refused team orders to help Checo out based on a perceived slight from earlier this year.  He implied that Lewis was still hung up in the past.  But i think Max is living more in the past then anyone. 

Right or wrong the championship from last year isn't given the credit it should get. Sky sports still called it out as robbery on the broadcasting leaving Max/RB to boycott them for a couple weeks. Then RB exceeding the cost cap by a small amount. Just things that I think really got under Max's skin and he isn't yet able(mature enough) to let go and move past.

But Max bashing aside, 😅, the race for p2 in both constructors and the drivers race is close going into the final race. Should be fun.

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

5 minutes ago, Thin2win said:

I know the internet seems to have a pretty big Lewis vs Max spilt.  And the have both done things that rev up the other Camp. 

I'm team Lewis,  so I'll admit I have that bias. I think max is the best driver out there right now.  I just also think he is the most arrogant and worst teammate.

Him and RB have had a dominate outing this year and a deserving championship as a result.  In his interview after the race yesterday max brought up last year's final race as why he thinks Lewis didn't give him more room,  and he also refused team orders to help Checo out based on a perceived slight from earlier this year.  He implied that Lewis was still hung up in the past.  But i think Max is living more in the past then anyone. 

Right or wrong the championship from last year isn't given the credit it should get. Sky sports still called it out as robbery on the broadcasting leaving Max/RB to boycott them for a couple weeks. Then RB exceeding the cost cap by a small amount. Just things that I think really got under Max's skin and he isn't yet able(mature enough) to let go and move past.

But Max bashing aside, 😅, the race for p2 in both constructors and the drivers race is close going into the final race. Should be fun.

I just hope next year it is closer. I think having 3 teams close and competing will be very exciting for the championship as a whole. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

23 hours ago, Golfspy_Lukes said:

My son and I really started getting into F1 last year, but man it isn't exciting at all when there is very little passing and Red Bull (and especially Max) just seem so much faster than everyone else.

If you think there was very little passing, it's a good thing you weren't watching for the last 7 or 8 years.  The new aero rules for this season have made things tremendously better.  Cars use to have to stay 2 seconds behind the car in front in order to have grip and not destroy their tires.  Now they can tuck up right behind the wing of the guy in front and pressure him into a mistake or be close enough to make a pass when the opportunity arises.  That simply wasn't possible before since they relied on being in clean air to make their downforce.

Now that the season is almost over I think it is fair to say that the new aero rules were a huge success.  The racing has been much better to watch and I'll be curious to see the statistics on # of overtakes vs. previous years, and if they are tracking it, the # of non-DRS overtakes vs. before.  That latter stat, I feel, is going to be substantially higher.  I don't think they are to the point where they can get rid of DRS, but it's moving the right direction so hopefully with another year of engineering it gets even better and they can get rid of DRS for 2024 or 2025 as they originally planned.

20 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I just hope next year it is closer. I think having 3 teams close and competing will be very exciting for the championship as a whole. 

I think it will definitely be closer, both with the 3 up front and the rest of the pack bunching up and moving closer to the big 3.  That's really what the cost cap is going to do.  The big 3 teams are still riding all the knowledge, etc they gained from the unrestricted era but it will be hard if not impossible to stay that far ahead of the other teams with the cost cap limiting what they can do.  That's why they structured the wind tunnel time based on the standings.

57 minutes ago, ChitownM2 said:

If you think there was very little passing, it's a good thing you weren't watching for the last 7 or 8 years.  The new aero rules for this season have made things tremendously better.  Cars use to have to stay 2 seconds behind the car in front in order to have grip and not destroy their tires.  Now they can tuck up right behind the wing of the guy in front and pressure him into a mistake or be close enough to make a pass when the opportunity arises.  That simply wasn't possible before since they relied on being in clean air to make their downforce.

Now that the season is almost over I think it is fair to say that the new aero rules were a huge success.  The racing has been much better to watch and I'll be curious to see the statistics on # of overtakes vs. previous years, and if they are tracking it, the # of non-DRS overtakes vs. before.  That latter stat, I feel, is going to be substantially higher.  I don't think they are to the point where they can get rid of DRS, but it's moving the right direction so hopefully with another year of engineering it gets even better and they can get rid of DRS for 2024 or 2025 as they originally planned.

Yeah I admit I hadn't followed before last year.

It just seems that there are some garbage circuits they race on that are great for qualifying and hot laps, but do not promote any sort of actual racing/passing.

33 minutes ago, Golfspy_Lukes said:

It just seems that there are some garbage circuits they race on that are great for qualifying and hot laps, but do not promote any sort of actual racing/passing.

The other part of it for me was last year was so eventful with max and lewis and with Ferrari dropping off so quickly this year compared to red bull it just felt like a dudish of a year. It wasn't a bad year by any means and there were plenty of good story lines but compared to the previous year it was almost always going to be a letdown. Minus Spa. Was great to see a race there even when Max was about 8 minutes ahead of the whole field.

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

This season was tough with Max and Red bull dominating pretty much the entire season, it was nice to see a shake up in Brazil with teams struggling and Mercedes on a 1 and 2 finish.

I was hoping for a more competitive season where all 3 teams would be fighting for the title this weekend, I do hope to see a much closer and competitive season next year.

My Reviews:

2023 Official review - Rapsodo MLM2Pro!

2022 Official Review - Edel SMS Wedges

2021 Official Review - Tommy Armour Impact 3 Putter

2020 Official Member Review - BagBoy Chiller Cart Bag

Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Honma TR21 4 Wood - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5  Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60  and TW GS 5 Wood Vixard FD 55  768205649_Screenshot2023-06-0213_28_25.png.53900da2fbc8d481e66d2a00ab6ac775.png 301 Combo 301CB and 301MB    231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png.6bd9ee8247ca1cc0415f39bf5fdfe313.png. SMS 48*, 56*, 60*   Putter: Lucky golf putter. Ball:  ::titelist-small:  ProV1, ::Arccos:: Smart Sensors. Shoes: a couple ::footjoy-small:: A couple of :nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.::SuperSpeed:: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

I will say this, as an American I'll be glued to the F2 races this weekend on Yas Island. Logan Sargent needs to finish Top7 or 8 in the F2 championship to get enough points for his super license to fill that second spot for Williams next season if he completes his points in practice. Tense times but looks likely a Yank joins the grid in 2023.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

3 hours ago, Golfspy_Lukes said:

I did not mean my comment to be disparaging, only to say that you are coming in at a good time.  Prior to this year it was even more of a single file procession at an even greater number of tracks compared to this season.  

2 minutes ago, ChitownM2 said:

I did not mean my comment to be disparaging, only to say that you are coming in at a good time.  Prior to this year it was even more of a single file procession at an even greater number of tracks compared to this season.  

The Monaco Parade not withstanding, Chitown is right... aerodynamics have really made a big change, plus the cost cap. I'm very intrigued to see which of the "Formula 1.5" teams takes that next step, you'd think it would be McClaren but it seems like Aston Martin might be figuring it out, or Seb is just getting better right before he leaves

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

SIK Golf Flo-C

2 hours ago, Berg Ryman said:

The Monaco Parade not withstanding, Chitown is right... aerodynamics have really made a big change, plus the cost cap. I'm very intrigued to see which of the "Formula 1.5" teams takes that next step, you'd think it would be McClaren but it seems like Aston Martin might be figuring it out, or Seb is just getting better right before he leaves

Seb has been an interesting guy to watch.  I've never really been a fan of his and I think part of his titles can be attributed to being in the best car.  He doesn't seem to have that little bit extra driver skill that I think Hamilton, Alonso, & Verstappen show you.  That said, I think his recent return to glory is based a lot on his decision to retire and giving exactly 0 f*#^s about anything other than doing the best he can each week.  All of the pressure is off of him and he doesn't have to worry about anything other than enjoying the race weekends.  Doesn't need sponsors, doesn't need to tote the team line, etc.  I imagine that it is just an amazing relief to not have to deal with that garbage after having all of that kind of pressure on you since your early teen years.  It's back to just being about driving.  

3 hours ago, Berg Ryman said:

Monaco is the most exciting qualifying of the year,  and most awful race after.

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

14 hours ago, Thin2win said:

Monaco is the most exciting qualifying of the year,  and most awful race after.

A good friend of mine was part of an F1 team years ago, and was crew at Monaco many times - including the winning team in 1977. He said they all love to go to Monaco, and it’s a prestigious win, but qualifying is everything - it’s mostly a parade after that unless accidents, breakdowns, and/or gross driver error. And we all know that from watching the race, passing is beyond difficult more than any other race - which doesn’t make for watching.

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys

I will add that with some drivers who really should be gone (Latifi and sorry Mic) or sitting out and some newer talent coming in it should provide some further excitement. I still wish Stroll would be punted, but we all know that will never happen. If not for how some of the cars and teams develop the new drivers entering the grid will make for some more stories and interesting pairings along with hopefully a more exciting midfield while Merc, RB and Ferrari all hopefully contend for the title. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

7 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I will add that with some drivers who really should be gone (Latifi and sorry Mic) or sitting out and some newer talent coming in it should provide some further excitement. I still wish Stroll would be punted, but we all know that will never happen. If not for how some of the cars and teams develop the new drivers entering the grid will make for some more stories and interesting pairings along with hopefully a more exciting midfield while Merc, RB and Ferrari all hopefully contend for the title. 

It's interesting you say that Jaime, because in the Fantasy League that I think you're going to win, I've made changes to my roster to applaud those who are leaving at season's end by giving them a run in my team. For Dany, Seb, and Nic, they will be missed, for all differing reasons

SIK Golf Flo-C

• 2 months later...

In non golf news- I really hope this is true. 

I don't love this site as they are click baits, but please please be true.

https://thejudge13.com/2023/01/16/porsche-buys-williams/

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

23 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

In non golf news- I really hope this is true. 

I don't love this site as they are click baits, but please please be true.

https://thejudge13.com/2023/01/16/porsche-buys-williams/

More reputable sources are saying it isn't true.  Just a rumor over the weekend.

15 minutes ago, ChitownM2 said:

More reputable sources are saying it isn't true.  Just a rumor over the weekend.

That's what I figured. As mentioned it's a rumor mill website that always has click bait titles and often not worth the read, but I do still hope it rings true.

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

It does sound like there were discussions but my guess is it won't happen.  The owners just bought Williams and knew that it was going to be a long haul investment to get them turned around so I don't see them selling unless Porsche comes in and knocks there socks off with an offer that is way over market value.  That likely won't happen because the margins are probably going to be really thin for porsche.  I honestly don't understand why the VW group is trying to get into F1 with two separate entities.  If anything, they should have joined the powertrain efforts and labeled them as Porsche powertrains or something and used that for both the Porsche and Audi entries.  

Personally I don't view Audi as some company with a rich engine history so it could have worked to their favor to use porsche engines in both the race cars and in their street cars.  Kind of like Maserati does with Ferrari.

The rumor mill goes very strong at this time of the year, I would love to see what they would have been able to bring to the table if it was real.

My Reviews:

2023 Official review - Rapsodo MLM2Pro!

2022 Official Review - Edel SMS Wedges

2021 Official Review - Tommy Armour Impact 3 Putter

2020 Official Member Review - BagBoy Chiller Cart Bag

Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Honma TR21 4 Wood - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5  Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60  and TW GS 5 Wood Vixard FD 55  768205649_Screenshot2023-06-0213_28_25.png.53900da2fbc8d481e66d2a00ab6ac775.png 301 Combo 301CB and 301MB    231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png.6bd9ee8247ca1cc0415f39bf5fdfe313.png. SMS 48*, 56*, 60*   Putter: Lucky golf putter. Ball:  ::titelist-small:  ProV1, ::Arccos:: Smart Sensors. Shoes: a couple ::footjoy-small:: A couple of :nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.::SuperSpeed:: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

It is car launch season! 

Alpha Tauri
Alfa Romeo 
Red Bull
Haas
Aston Martin
Mclaren
Ferrari 
Williams

Have all launched their cars so far. There is running theme of a lot of black (weight savings on paint) on the cars. What do you all think of them so far and who has the best livery?

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

I like Alpha the most, it looks cool and how a fast car should look, plus the little wheel cover details are gonna be awesome in motion, maybe not as much as the McLaren Google inspired ones, but really cool.

SIK Golf Flo-C

I've got to go with Williams and something about the Ferrari just does it.  Aston would be higher up but I am not a fan of the lime green stripe with the beautiful British racing green.  Side note, I detest the wheel covers.  All of them.

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

Ferrari looks good this year but am partial to them. The Mercedes black livery looks quite nice. I agree with @Berg Ryman on Google blending into McLaren caught my eye. Not gonna lie though. The wheel covers reminded me of the “Simon” game. 😁

AA69978B-D80E-4E46-90DF-838FCF664C4E.jpeg.e64135e91f25481b515f81c91fd694e6.jpeg

:ping-small: CB-P226 Hoofer Cart Bag

:ping-small: G400 Max 10.5° w/Ping Alta CB

:PXG: 0311 XF 3 wood 16° w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue

:PXG: 0211 19° Hybrid w/Project X Even Flow Riptide

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

:vokey-small: SM9 54°/12° D and 58°/12° D w/KBS Tour 110

:EVNROLL: ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Forum Test

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Forum Test

:Snell:  MTB prime

:Clicgear: 3.5+

Everyone has released their new liveries!

Who do you think nailed it and who has the worst?

I don't love that there are so many black carbon areas to save weight, but understand why. 

I like the Alpha Tauri... most and many do not. Mclaren looks great, but I love orange. The Merc is also so nice. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Always been a prancing horse guy, but I really dig Alfa Romeo's livery ... very nice. 

image.png.6ce9afd0ae004a3875f5ed70620f0b6b.png

Driver: :ping-small: G410 SFT 10.5*

3W: :cobra-small:  Speedzone 14.5*

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS2 19* & 21*

Irons: image.png.ec9b0a77ef708074b5547162186659f4.png  Forged Tec One Length (5i-GW)

Wedges: image.png.3c33ed301e51199de9e62f474f52b6e0.png T22 55* & 59*

Putter: image.png.f53011d6b358811f2c4cdcc166aeeffa.png  002 Mid-Mallet

Ball:  Callaway Chrome Soft LS & :Snell: Prime-X

image.png

How many of your are interested in doing the F1 Fantasy league again or for those new anyone interested in joining?

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

1 minute ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

How many of your are interested in doing the F1 Fantasy league again or for those new anyone interested in joining?

Just so you're aware Jaime, I did get the re-up thing from Fantrax in the last little bit, so if everyone's cool with it being there, I'm cool to get it back in play.

SIK Golf Flo-C

1 minute ago, Berg Ryman said:

Just so you're aware Jaime, I did get the re-up thing from Fantrax in the last little bit, so if everyone's cool with it being there, I'm cool to get it back in play.

I am for sure in again. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW