TESTERS WANTED! ×

Formula 1

FrogginBullfish

On 2/21/2023 at 1:39 PM, ChitownM2 said:

I'd be interested in joining this year

Chitown, send me your email. The league was just reupped!

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

On 2/21/2023 at 12:07 PM, GolfSpy_APH said:

How many of your are interested in doing the F1 Fantasy league again or for those new anyone interested in joining?

In!

:Sub70: 849D with Evenflow Riptide (stiff)

:taylormade-small: V Steel 3 & 5 woods

:Sub70: 699U 3 (19.5*) 

:Sub70: 939X 4H 

:Sub70:  699 (4-6) / 699 Pro (7-PW) with KBS Tour 120 shafts (stiff)

:Sub70: 286 Wedge (50 degrees)

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 (56 degrees)

:EVNROLL: ER8v with Fujikura MC shaft (firm)

:maxfli: Tour 

:1590477705_SunMountain: 2023 2.5+ / :nike-small: University of Miami Stand Bag

:BagBoy: Nitron - Forum Test Review

:ShotScope: Pro L2

Garmin S10

Yes, but if you check your team status it will be there. It is abug that has been reported to Fantrax. Hopefully it will be fixed soon enough.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

18 minutes ago, Golfspy_Lukes said:

Well so much for getting into F1

Boring a shit these last two years. 

There are always dominant teams. Yeah Max may lock it up quick, but the fact Aston is now in the top ish certainly adds something!

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

On 3/5/2023 at 11:04 AM, Golfspy_Lukes said:

Well so much for getting into F1

Boring a s*** these last two years. 

I mean RedBull has the best car and driver right now.

I don't see Ferrari or Mercedes doing giant leaps on the next couple of races, so they are fighting for second place with Checo, Ferrari has the upper hand if they can get their cars to finish the race.

Mercedes still not finding the first row pace, I fear they will have it for a couple races, but not enough to compete for the championship.

Now, Alonso and the Austin Martin had an awesome race, I hope that they continue strong for the year and really compete for wins.

I would love to see Ferrari and Mercedes get their cars to a point where the constructors and drivers championship are decided in the last race.

My Reviews:

2023 Official review - Rapsodo MLM2Pro!

2022 Official Review - Edel SMS Wedges

2021 Official Review - Tommy Armour Impact 3 Putter

2020 Official Member Review - BagBoy Chiller Cart Bag

Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Honma TR21 4 Wood - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5  Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60  and TW GS 5 Wood Vixard FD 55  768205649_Screenshot2023-06-0213_28_25.png.53900da2fbc8d481e66d2a00ab6ac775.png 301 Combo 301CB and 301MB    231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png.6bd9ee8247ca1cc0415f39bf5fdfe313.png. SMS 48*, 56*, 60*   Putter: Lucky golf putter. Ball:  ::titelist-small:  ProV1, ::Arccos:: Smart Sensors. Shoes: a couple ::footjoy-small:: A couple of :nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.::SuperSpeed:: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

On 3/5/2023 at 11:23 AM, GolfSpy_APH said:

There are always dominant teams. Yeah Max may lock it up quick, but the fact Aston is now in the top ish certainly adds something!

This was some awesome driving by Alonso 

My Reviews:

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5  Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60  and TW GS 5 Wood Vixard FD 55  768205649_Screenshot2023-06-0213_28_25.png.53900da2fbc8d481e66d2a00ab6ac775.png 301 Combo 301CB and 301MB    231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png.6bd9ee8247ca1cc0415f39bf5fdfe313.png. SMS 48*, 56*, 60*   Putter: Lucky golf putter. Ball:  ::titelist-small:  ProV1, ::Arccos:: Smart Sensors. Shoes: a couple ::footjoy-small:: A couple of :nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.::SuperSpeed:: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

Just read a news story about the change from last season in sponsorship - when crypto was hot and was sponsoring and plastered on every team's cars and uniforms - this year, of course, there's no money coming from there...

It's always intrigued me what a big money venture F1 is. The top teams will always survive .. .including, I guess, Red Bull Racing .. amazing to me how much $$$$ they have to throw around into all kinds of high end sports!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

19 hours ago, cksurfdude said:

Just read a news story about the change from last season in sponsorship - when crypto was hot and was sponsoring and plastered on every team's cars and uniforms - this year, of course, there's no money coming from there...

It's always intrigued me what a big money venture F1 is. The top teams will always survive .. .including, I guess, Red Bull Racing .. amazing to me how much $$$$ they have to throw around into all kinds of high end sports!

At this stage, the F1 team makes money so it's not like they are throwing all kinds of cash at it.  I would think that is true of most of the current F1 field.  Between the prize money, all the sponsorship and then other deals I'm betting they break even at worst and the big teams are likely profitable.  

As for the smaller stuff that Redbull does, I'm sure some of that is also a break even or close to it venture.  There is undoubtedly some marketing value in having your name plastered all over these events they organize / compete in and outside of F1, everything else they are doing is likely a lot less expensive.  

My daughter sent me something.  At Imola qualifying is going to be Q1 on hards, Q2 on Mediums, and Q3 on softs for everyone.  Hmmm!

Driver: Cobra King Speedzone

Irons:  :callaway-small: Mavrik 4-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CG-14 56 & RTX 52

Putter:  :ping-small: Scottsdale Wolverine

Woods:  Gigagolf  3W, 2H, 3H

Ball:  Srixon Z-Star XV 

23 hours ago, stuka44 said:

My daughter sent me something.  At Imola qualifying is going to be Q1 on hards, Q2 on Mediums, and Q3 on softs for everyone.  Hmmm!

Seems like a step too far imo. 

I already didn't like the change they made a couple years ago where the teams no longer get to select the number of each tire type they want.  They should be able to get whatever they want and what they believe will be the best for their team.  If they want 12 soft tires for the weekend then give it to them.  I don't see why the FIA should be telling the teams how many of each tire they can have when different compounds perform differently on every car.  

I also liked the rule they had about the Q2 tire being the tire you start the race on.   I feel like it required more strategy from the teams and made things interesting.  I wish they had kept it and maybe modified it to be you have to start the race on that same compound, not necessarily the exact tires.

Now they are going to dictate to teams when they have to use the compounds?  That seems like a huge over reach to me.  Why should the FIA be deciding which compounds HAVE to be used and when to use them.  In most qualifying sessions only 2 compounds ever end up getting used.  I don't recall ever seeing the hards during quali but now you're going to force every team to run them?  Seems dumb.

9 minutes ago, ChitownM2 said:

Seems like a step too far imo. 

I already didn't like the change they made a couple years ago where the teams no longer get to select the number of each tire type they want.  They should be able to get whatever they want and what they believe will be the best for their team.  If they want 12 soft tires for the weekend then give it to them.  I don't see why the FIA should be telling the teams how many of each tire they can have when different compounds perform differently on every car.  

I also liked the rule they had about the Q2 tire being the tire you start the race on.   I feel like it required more strategy from the teams and made things interesting.  I wish they had kept it and maybe modified it to be you have to start the race on that same compound, not necessarily the exact tires.

Now they are going to dictate to teams when they have to use the compounds?  That seems like a huge over reach to me.  Why should the FIA be deciding which compounds HAVE to be used and when to use them.  In most qualifying sessions only 2 compounds ever end up getting used.  I don't recall ever seeing the hards during quali but now you're going to force every team to run them?  Seems dumb.

From doing a bit of digging it boils down to being more green. This qualy format would reduce the overall set of tires from 13 to 11 or something per car. 

I don't hate it. I miss the q2 rule. However in efforts to go more green they will make many changes I imagine.

I still think they should have a super soft just for qualifying. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

23 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

From doing a bit of digging it boils down to being more green. This qualy format would reduce the overall set of tires from 13 to 11 or something per car. 

I don't hate it. I miss the q2 rule. However in efforts to go more green they will make many changes I imagine.

I still think they should have a super soft just for qualifying. 

I'm not surprised....I think the entire concept of F1 going green is ridiculous.  I don't care if they are buying offsetting carbon credits or whatever, it is inherently a contradiction to be "green" when you are jet-setting huge amounts of equipment all across the world purely for entertainment.  And when they aren't flying, they are using diesel trucks to transport mansions all across Europe.  

I'm not sure how much a supersoft would help at this point.  It seems like on a lot of tracks they have a hard time getting the soft compound to last the entire lap.  They are always talking about taking too much out of it during warm-up lap and or early in the lap.

Also, unrelated but I didn't like the dummying down of the tires to be hard, medium & soft every week.  They should have just kept the compounds separate and said you're getting C1, C2 & C3 this weekend. 

19 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I don't hate it

I do miss the Q2 rule, and I believe they are trying to do something.  I just started watching 3 seasons ago, but I have to be honest, its quickly getting boring watching Ferrari, Red Bull, and Mercedes, on every podium.  We'll see about Alonzo this year, but they have to do something to bring other teams closer to the top 3.

Driver: Cobra King Speedzone

Irons:  :callaway-small: Mavrik 4-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CG-14 56 & RTX 52

Putter:  :ping-small: Scottsdale Wolverine

Woods:  Gigagolf  3W, 2H, 3H

Ball:  Srixon Z-Star XV 

1 minute ago, stuka44 said:

I do miss the Q2 rule, and I believe they are trying to do something.  I just started watching 3 seasons ago, but I have to be honest, its quickly getting boring watching Ferrari, Red Bull, and Mercedes, on every podium.  We'll see about Alonzo this year, but they have to do something to bring other teams closer to the top 3.

It's a lot better than it was.  It's goign to take a while for the money advantage the big 3 teams have to wear off.  They were so far ahead because of having essentially unlimited budgets that the mid-tier couldn't compete.  Hence the rules re-write and cost cap introduction.  The advantages that the big teams had are still present but over time they should evaporate and everyone will be on a level field.  I'm guessing by the time we get new powertrains in 2026 everything will be much closer from top to bottom.

31 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

..... This qualy format would reduce the overall set of tires from 13 to 11 or something per car. 

Reading this I don't understand how this is true.  I get that they are going to reduce the number of tires to 11, but I don't see how dictating which compound they use directly reduces the number of tires needed for the weekend.  It just changes which tires they are going to use during practice based on their strategy for to use in qualifying and the race.  Seems like a "were doing A and we're also going to do B" where A doesn't require B and B doesn't require A but they are being implemented together. 

I suppose the thought is that instead of running 2 sets in each qualifying session they will just use 1 set instead?  I don't see that being realistic, maybe you could get 2 quali laps on a set of hards, but they already can't get 2 quali laps on mediums so not sure why that would change in the future.  

• 2 weeks later...

And it's Qually time! 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

• 2 weeks later...

Aussie GP 🇦🇺 … set your live tv streaming service to record quali tonight at 12:55est. 

Hard to be believe Ferrari & Leclerc were riding high and seemed to have all the momentum in the world after winning this race (3rd on the calendar) last year.

For me, a podium finish is a must for either Ferrari … and I’d love to see Sargent get a point from this wknd. Can’t help but feel that there’s an anti-American bias with the tv coverage on Sargent. Compared to Schumacher, no accidents, no mistakes and some rather good driving with both the defense and overtaking, the few times he got tv coverage. 

Baku & Spa, for their respective races … and Monaco quali are my fav events on the F1 calendar, but I’ve always enjoyed the Aussie GP.

Hoping that it does indeed rain and somewhat level the field … key word, somewhat. Lol 

Driver: :ping-small: G410 SFT 10.5*

3W: :cobra-small:  Speedzone 14.5*

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS2 19* & 21*

Irons: image.png.ec9b0a77ef708074b5547162186659f4.png  Forged Tec One Length (5i-GW)

Wedges: image.png.3c33ed301e51199de9e62f474f52b6e0.png T22 55* & 59*

Putter: image.png.f53011d6b358811f2c4cdcc166aeeffa.png  002 Mid-Mallet

Ball:  Callaway Chrome Soft LS & :Snell: Prime-X

image.png

• 2 weeks later...

What race was supposed to be this weekend?  Something had to be cancelled to put a gap like this into the middle.  Very disappointed to login to the fantasy page and see "Pick your drivers by April 29".  I thought it was race week the whole week, but I should have known better by the lack of tweets, etc.  

5 hours ago, ChitownM2 said:

What race was supposed to be this weekend?  Something had to be cancelled to put a gap like this into the middle.  Very disappointed to login to the fantasy page and see "Pick your drivers by April 29".  I thought it was race week the whole week, but I should have known better by the lack of tweets, etc.  

It's the summer break which i believe us normal. Just early. 

China was a cancelled race this year. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

8 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Summer break is still in it's usual spot, between rounds 13 & 14 this year there is a full month with no races.  This must have been where China was supposed to be on the calendar then.

15 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Bingo - from earlier this month:

https://www.si.com/fannation/racing/f1briefings/news/why-was-the-chinese-grand-prix-cancelled-by-formula-1-lm22

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge/Testing Bag (Link Here)

Driver: image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Paradym with Ventus TR Blue 60 Stiff

Fairways:  image.png.c4f821ba6925e5e146c31600685bf103.png Aerojet Max 3W & 7W with Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 70 Stiff

Hybrid:  image.png.c21137d282a252fb544e47aceb520176.png King TEC 5H with KBS PGI 95 Stiff

Irons:  image.png.6621a18e06b1717c1f774c4a561fd7d8.png Forged TEC 5-GW with KBS Tour Lite Stiff

Wedges:  image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Jaws Raw Plasma 54 & 58

Putter:  image.png.c8e6824d2c38fa85d20ca21913fbb2b1.pngPhantom X 5.5

Ball: 2023 Maxfli Tour

Other Reviews:

Callaway Paradym

4 minutes ago, CFreddie said:

Ahh good so my memory hasn't completely gone!

I love race weekends and Baku is one of my all time favorites so looking forward to seeing how it is when it comes. I know RB is essentially running away with it, however there are so many other battles that it still is interesting. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

I’m a sucker for Spa - such an incredible venue. 

As a RB fan, it’s been a great season but agree there are some interesting storylines this year. 

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge/Testing Bag (Link Here)

Driver: image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Paradym with Ventus TR Blue 60 Stiff

Fairways:  image.png.c4f821ba6925e5e146c31600685bf103.png Aerojet Max 3W & 7W with Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 70 Stiff

Hybrid:  image.png.c21137d282a252fb544e47aceb520176.png King TEC 5H with KBS PGI 95 Stiff

Irons:  image.png.6621a18e06b1717c1f774c4a561fd7d8.png Forged TEC 5-GW with KBS Tour Lite Stiff

Wedges:  image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Jaws Raw Plasma 54 & 58

Putter:  image.png.c8e6824d2c38fa85d20ca21913fbb2b1.pngPhantom X 5.5

Ball: 2023 Maxfli Tour

Other Reviews:

Callaway Paradym

• 2 weeks later...

Baku! 🏎️💨 A top 3 race on the F1 calendar, imo. Still do not like nor care for the sprint race, but happy to see that the grid was setup by the Friday quali and not the silly sprint race. 

And for just this once, can Ferrari not fudge it up! 😤 LFG Leclerc! 

Irons: image.png.ec9b0a77ef708074b5547162186659f4.png  Forged Tec One Length (5i-GW)

image.png

2 minutes ago, mikeanthony said:

Baku! 🏎️💨 A top 3 race on the F1 calendar, imo. Still do not like nor care for the sprint race, but happy to see that the grid was setup by the Friday quali and not the silly sprint race. 

And for just this once, can Ferrari not fudge it up! 😤 LFG Leclerc! 

I think Baku is my favourite track on the calendar. It is easily my favourite on the F1 games to race in. Lets hope for a good race and one that will hopefully be entertaining till the end!

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

41 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I think Baku is my favourite track on the calendar. It is easily my favourite on the F1 games to race in. Let’s hope for a good race and one that will hopefully be entertaining till the end!

Beeejus … RB is just sooo fast! 😩 

Tire degradation is high. Drivers already switching over to the Hards. 

image.png

It was a great race, but still in a way right now the only driver who has a remote chance to challenge Max for the title is Checo.

I hope red bull don't start meddling with the race outcomes to favor Max.

Also I spent majority of the race hoping Alonso could close that gap, and take 3rd.

Miami can't came quick enough.

My Reviews: