Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

2020 Official Member Review: SQAIRZ Golf Shoes

Golfspy_CG2

5 hours ago, rkj427 said:

Just a curious question, knowing now that you also have FJ Pro SL's...................  

sizing of the two brands, similar or do the Squairz run slightly large to size due to the design...............

Great question.  Bob told me they run similar fit to Footjoy.  

I would say in my case they fit very slightly larger than Footjoy.  Not enough that they don’t provide the stability that you need.  And if I was going err on fit, i’d rather be this tiny larger than the same amount smaller if that makes sense.

That said a 13.5 if they had it probably would have been perfect.  

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

So I used them for walking my round today. Well only 3 holes. I started getting blisters on my heels by the second hole, and had one of my playing partners with a cart take me to my car to change shoes . They would have been comfortable enough, and the weight was not bothering me, but blisters are a big problem.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I've played 6 rounds or so with them. I'm really liking the shoes, extremely comfortable and better stability for sure.  For my feet, the extra bit of space in the toe area really improves them greatly, at least for my feet.  These shoes are good enough that I'd buy another pair or 2 and replace some of my older shoes.  I just haven't found any downside to them.  Well built, nice looking and really comfortable.  

TM Sim2 Max  10.5

Ping G410 5 wood

Ping G410 7 & 9 woods 

PXG Gen 5 0311P  5-gap

PXG forged 54 & 58 wedges

PXG Operator H w/ BGT Stability shaft

8 hours ago, 2puttbogey said:

So I used them for walking my round today. Well only 3 holes. I started getting blisters on my heels by the second hole, and had one of my playing partners with a cart take me to my car to change shoes . They would have been comfortable enough, and the weight was not bothering me, but blisters are a big problem.

I had that issue with Ecco and Oakley shoes I've had

Got my first round on the course with these during a weekend scramble. 

Full swings were a mixed bag as usual. Some good, some bad. Nothing noticeably longer or straighter than usual with regard to good swings. 

I'm still amazed at how much more confident these make me feel when putting. I would call myself a decent putter to begin with. I average between 31 and 32 putts per round, and, according to app stats, 1.7 putts per hole. I don't tend to grossly misread many putts and once I get a feel for the speed of the greens I very rarely feel uncomfortable over a putt.

Truly, the only thing I've done differently wearing the Sqairz is at setup to make sure my toes are aligned with the alignment markings on the putter after I set it to my intended line. This round I felt like I only hit two bad putts the whole day. On one I felt my hands rotate open and push the putt off line. The other I under-played a down hill and blasted it past the hole. Other than that, the putts I missed all looked like they had a chance to go in. My makes included a 35 foot downhill big breaker, and a more-or-less straight 25 footer. 

It's still early in the test, so I only have one practice green session and one on-course round to go by, but I am seeing some validity to the OEM's claim of the square toe aiding alignment, especially (for me at least) with putting. I will get more practice green time in to further test.

Jury is still out on the swing speed claims, but again, it's early and I'll keep trying variations of my earlier test to see what shows up in the data. 

Driver:  :PXG: 311XF Gen5, Tensei CK Pro Orange, S flex

Fariway:  :PXG: 311XF Gen6 3-Wood, Tensei Blue 55g R flex

Hybrid:   :PXG: 211, 3H Project X Evenflow H, 80g, 5.5

:titleist-small: TSR2 4H, Tensei Blue R (Forum Tester)

Irons:  :titleist-small: T200 2023, Tensei Blue R (Forum Tester), 5-GW

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: CBX2 Zipcore  52*, 56* Project X Catalyst Spinner Graphite Shaft

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2 Murdered Out

With that latest review input posted, I'll ask a general question. Any of the other testers wishing these shoes breathed a little better? I may be the only one still with reasonably warm weather, but so far that seems like my only noteworthy complaint.

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: CBX2 Zipcore  52*, 56* Project X Catalyst Spinner Graphite Shaft

3 hours ago, GregB135 said:

With that latest review input posted, I'll ask a general question. Any of the other testers wishing these shoes breathed a little better? I may be the only one still with reasonably warm weather, but so far that seems like my only noteworthy complaint.

I'm in the Tampa Bay, FL area and haven't noticed that as an issue.  I honestly haven't found any negatives with the shoes thru 7 rounds.  

TM Sim2 Max  10.5

Ping G410 5 wood

Ping G410 7 & 9 woods 

PXG Gen 5 0311P  5-gap

So I talked with Bob( owner of the company for those that don’t know) and it may be a sizing issue with the shoes causing blisters. I still have the 9 1/2 so I will give them a shot when I play again (and healed)

1 hour ago, Larryd3 said:

I'm in the Tampa Bay, FL area

Me too! 

5 minutes ago, GregB135 said:

Me too! 

Well, we need to meet up for a round of golf.  Please send me a PM and we can plan something.  

TM Sim2 Max  10.5

Ping G410 5 wood

Ping G410 7 & 9 woods 

PXG Gen 5 0311P  5-gap

20 hours ago, GregB135 said:

I haven't noticed that at all, then again I've been playing in 60 and below temps the past couple rounds.  But they feel quite comfortable in all aspects. 

Me too! 

How about an outing? We haven’t played since January. We could grab Foz for a 4th and play inTampa somewhere

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

1 hour ago, revkev said:

How about an outing? We haven’t played since January. We could grab Foz for a 4th and play inTampa somewhere

I was going to say you guys have pretty much a built in foursome down there.  I was hoping to make a trip down in January to visit and play some golf with a friend who lives near Brooksville.  But most likely I'll be waiting until COVID takes a big U-Turn.   But would definitely be up for a round with any and all of you. 

On 12/16/2020 at 7:01 AM, revkev said:

Always ready! Work schedule is pretty flexible right now. If I have advance notice I can try to plan days/times for work.

I got in most of 9 holes yesterday before the rain came. Wasn't a good ball striking day, so I can't attest to any help from the Sqairz other than they are comfortable and steady in the slightly wet conditions. I didn't stay out in the downpour, but even the light drizzle I played through saw no issues as far as waterproofing goes. Feet stayed nice and dry. 

And yet again, through 6 holes I didn't hit a single putt that felt or looked off my intended line. I will say that so far, at least the putting aspect of the Sqairz aiding alignment has some validity.

On 12/8/2020 at 7:17 PM, GregB135 said:

Today's session was testing the claim that Sqairz shoes can or will increase swing speed. 

My method. Wearing each shoe in turn, take 10 swings with swing speed measured by the radar device that was included with another training aid I've used. (initials SS). To be fair to the first pair of shoes, I followed up with another 6 swings at the end allowing for warmup and increased confidence etc. The good news was I was having a really good ball striking day so I think I got some good data and hit a bunch of really good shots. Also, the range was mats only today so that should have been providing max grip for each shoe and eliminated deteriorating turf condition as a variable. The bad news, mats only meant these are 8 iron swings. I'll try to repeat a version of this test later with drivers to see if the results hold.

Same contenders as tested for measurements. Johnston & Murphy XC4, FJ Freestyle, Addidas Adiboost Boa, and Sqairz Arrow. The radar reading in the photos is the last swing recorded for each shoe. Reported data is the average of 10 recorded swings for each shoe. Discarded outliers were for exceptionally poor contact or radar recording ball speed rather than club.

Johnston & Murphy XC4: Avg Swing Speed 77, max 86 min 73

radarJm.jpg.2b214fb425181a6c1dbe873e832136fc.jpg

Footjoy Freestyle: Avg swing speed 78.4, Max: 88 Min 73

radarfj.jpg.e9efc0b1d6b383f6e7a2a4c1efea3612.jpg

Addidas Adiboost Boa: Avg swing speed: 79.2; Max: 85 Min 73

radaradi.jpg.09aa0e70dff33b827e9131ae825dffdd.jpg

Sqairz Arrow: Avg swing speed: 80.78; Max 88 Min 76

radarsqz.jpg.fd6a32f151bc5bfdf53f00fcceac8877.jpg

I'll admit, going into this testing opportunity I was a bit skeptical of the added swing speed claim. I'll admit also to being a bit surprised at these results. Throughout the test I was doing my best to maintain consistency of effort and the results bear out the claim as "Plausible" in Mythbusters terminology. The average swing speed for the Sqairz was 3mph better than the lowest average and 1.5 mph better than the next fastest, along with having the most consistent speed range.

There were a few swings scattered throughout the test that I discarded because the radar picked up the ball speed rather than the club. On a couple of those the ball speed readout was 108 mph. On those few balls I could visibly detect an increase in distance. Same with the swings that measured 85 plus on the radar. Otherwise, the distances were all pretty close. 

Then I went to the putting green, and OH..MY..GOSH! But I'll write that part up separately and later.

Really great idea to test the shoes in this manner! Do you think the speed difference was due solely, Yes I just did that,  to the Sqairz tech or could some of that difference been due to well broken in shoes vs a new shoe, which has more stability?

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

55 minutes ago, Headhammer said:

Really great idea to test the shoes in this manner! Do you think the speed difference was due solely, Yes I just did that,  to the Sqairz tech or could some of that difference been due to well broken in shoes vs a new shoe, which has more stability?

Thanks Hammer,

Since club head speed is the net result of about 6-20 different physics equations all happening in the swing at the same time, it's hard to say. Not being a swing robot, there is no way to eliminate all of the other variables from the gathering of club speed data as a human tester. While I was doing my best to maintain a level of data, at best it can altogether only be called inconclusive or plausible that the design of the shoe had any significance.

Weirdly enough, in the first trial (yes I plan on doing more), it was my newest pair of shoes that had the  lowest average. While on the other hand, my oldest pair of shoes tied with the Sqairz for the fastest single swing.

I'm planning to do at least 2 or three more trials using the same method. I'll include more of the data as I post those, with a little more analysis. If the results stay consistent, it wouldn't be a stretch to say the shoes can make a difference. We will just have to see what transpires with further testing.

Alrighty test fans.. I conducted another trial of the previous swing speed test. A couple of differences from the last time. I changed up the shoe order, used a different club (7-iron this time), and was on turf rather than the mats. Same generic method - recorded 10 swings with each, discarded a few outliers for really poor swings or the radar reading the ball (fewer of those today).

Trial2all4.jpg.c2e38bf4632889258180ab0508de55df.jpg

Addidas AdiBoost Boa: Recorded fastest single swing this time (also got a 110 ball speed readout wearing these)

trial2adi.jpg.a7c004ffe505abe211d3fbd0d8dc9138.jpg

Sqairz Arrow: Didn't repeat first trial results of highest average.

trial2sqz.jpg.84195f6c627cb937384347cafbeed421.jpg

Johnston & Murphy XC4: Saw very consistent swing speeds, but again had lowest average

trial2JM.jpg.4d0fb4c134ca12f376673c1ea36abad1.jpg

Footjoy Freestyle: Seems to be a steady performer despite being the oldest shoe model in the trials

trial2FJ.jpg.f0ba57cd677f9383086be45094d08ad7.jpg

And then there's the data:

714491435_SqairzSpeedTrial1.png.cdcbf80f0eecdb826078c3326cd0b27f.png

This time it was the lead-off Adiboost Boa's that came away with the highest average, perhaps skewed a bit by the one 88mph swing. Only the J&M's made me look like a swing robot with consistency of the speeds, while all three of the others had a spread of 13-15 mph between fastest and slowest swings. 

Being on the turf for this trial, I did place the ball on a tee to provide a consistent swing point for the radar. The turf wear under foot, at least in this trial, doesn't seem to make a significant difference. While the first shoe did result in the highest average, the second and fourth shoes were a virtual dead heat on the average.

I didn't putt today but here are a couple of other observations regarding the shoes. All of the lace up shoes maintained fit through the test, while with just the hand full of warmup swings and 13 swings for the test, I had to tighten down the boa laces once. Generic comfort goes hands down to the J&M. Between the test trial and attending a member clinic, I was on my feet wearing the Sqairz about 2 1/2 hours. I never even thought about having to adjust the sta-put laces, and my feet and legs felt really good afterward. 

Expect another trial on this test to have a larger pile of data to look at. While it doesn't yet look like we can verify Sqairz claim of being able to increase swing speed, the consistent performance (or lack of, if you will) it is at least looking plausible that shoe design can have an impact on swing speed.

More to come....

Question why is a shoe company supposedly known (hype)for wide sizes do not have any EE, EEE oe EEEE of for that matter any width sizes available? They say they might in the future when I contacted them also how do you buy them if you can't try them in a golf store first? Very risky as they charge you for returns.

Seems like a great shoe but it needs wide widths and better distribution network.

Jazz woods (Driver & Hybrids), TNT Silver Eagle Irons, PW & SW, Slotline Inertia putter. TopFlite Gammer.

Question why is a shoe company supposedly known (hype)for wide sizes do not have any EE, EEE oe EEEE of for that matter any width sizes available? They say they might in the future when I contacted them also how do you buy them if you can't try them in a golf store first? Very risky as they charge you for returns.
Seems like a great shoe but it needs wide widths and better distribution network.

I’d imagine it’s very costly to carry so many widths for a smaller golf shoe company. The further you stray from average sizes the more difficult it becomes to move the inventory.

What size shoe are you?

A buddy of mine from college has big feet and he told me basically to buy him any shoe I find in 14 wide and he would pay me back because he had a hard time finding his size.

EDIT: also, I think the “wide” talk is about the platform and base of the show more than the actual sizes of shoe. But I’ll have to let the testers answer to that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

Used the Sqairz at the range again today. I like the stability, and the traction. The comfort, now that I’m in the correct size and blisters ante no longer a problem, is better than expected. I am going to try and walk 18 tomorrow with them again so I should have more then.

On 12/19/2020 at 7:59 PM, 2puttbogey said:

Used the Sqairz at the range again today. I like the stability, and the traction. The comfort, now that I’m in the correct size and blisters ante no longer a problem, is better than expected. I am going to try and walk 18 tomorrow with them again so I should have more then.

Still interested in how it goes for you. Sounded like my normal experience with a new pair of shoes I always get blisters 

Still interested in how it goes for you. Sounded like my normal experience with a new pair of shoes I always get blisters 

So round two gave me some better results, but I did get blisters again. I did play all 18with them though. It seems to be worse on my right foot. I knew about 7 holes in that the blisters were there, but I wanted get a full round in with them to be able to have enough information about them. Aside from the fact that my feet don’t seem to be agreeing with them, I like them. I felt really stable, and the traction was great. I feel that if I was in a cart compared to walking there probably would not have been the blisters. It’s not uncommon for the blisters for me. I have been using running shoes for years because this has happened in the past with golf shoes. I have found things that I like about the Sqairz that I will have in my full review.

On 12/19/2020 at 4:37 PM, B.Boston said:

I’d imagine it’s very costly to carry so many widths for a smaller golf shoe company. The further you stray from average sizes the more difficult it becomes to move the inventory.

What size shoe are you?

A buddy of mine from college has big feet and he told me basically to buy him any shoe I find in 14 wide and he would pay me back because he had a hard time finding his size.

EDIT: also, I think the “wide” talk is about the platform and base of the show more than the actual sizes of shoe. But I’ll have to let the testers answer to that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes good points that I understand and agree with, but the reputation / hype (your point is probably correct but not what many take it as, maybe they mean toe-box only but that is not the impression most would get from all the information on their website and Facebook site) is all about wide feet so naturally you would think it would be for wide sizes EE to EEE. Same here harder for me to find shoes in my correct size.

7.5 EEE UK or 8.5 EEE US. Why are equal American shoe sizes made to look one size larger than others in Canada, Britain, all Commonwealth countries? Trying to make US men feet etc. look bigger, exaggeration? Wonder if it is teh same or opposite for women? The sizing came first from Britain.

Funny though US did the opposite for liquid measurements eg. US gallon is 1 quart or 1 litre less than Cdn / GB gallon, makes US vehicles look worse on MPG in US. Again the gallon size came from Britain first. Maybe due to Capitalism, trying to make more money by shorting the product.

Thought this shoe would be for me.

Jazz woods (Driver & Hybrids), TNT Silver Eagle Irons, PW & SW, Slotline Inertia putter. TopFlite Gammer.

Used the Sqairz at the range again today. Even though I have had my issues with them there is still a lot to I like about them. I started with my regular shoes, and then changed to the Sqairz. As I have noted before the stability is great, and I feel more connected to the ground. I stay more in balance, and my feet don’t slide. This has led to more consistent shots (straighter), especially with the driver. My regular shoes are old running shoes so would I get the same results from other shoes? Maybe.

Another range session comparing swing speeds.

Again with the 7-iron but this time on mats.

1832910793_Sqairsspeedtrial2.png.48ce51e52106295be4a010a609247963.png

Sqairz again did not provide the highest average swing speed, but did tie for highest single swing speed.

Addidas AdiBoost are proving to be a steady performer in both average speed and speed consistency. Repeated with highest average in this trial.

FootJoy Freestyle are, likewise, staying pretty close to previous results.

Those three seem to all be collectively about the same across the results. Johnston&Murphy are relatively new to the golf shoe business. I will say this, they are playing to their strengths. The XC-4 is extremely comfortable, but is the only one of the four trial shoes that has maintained its performance position regarding swing speed. Unfortunately for J&M, that position is last.

Interesting to me in this trial was it was actually a few of the slower swings that produced the overall best shots. Granted, using range balls is not the best for distance comparisons, but I could see with just the naked eye that a 71 mph swing produced a longer shot than a 76 mph swing. This lends proof to the idea that swing speed is only one element that determines the result of the shot. Swing path, face angle, and strike quality, timing, rhythm and the rest can make just as much difference. Until the golfer's swing consistency minimizes the variance in those elements, the small difference in swing speed will be negligible.

All that said, swing speed consistency is what it takes to maintain predictability on club yardages. That is where I believe, for players at my level, the idea of added stability with the Sqairz will make a difference. I may not be swinging faster, but with added stability, the shot radius will likely shrink. 

Next time out I'll try the same test with driver. Swing speeds will of course be higher, but one or two mph makes a bigger difference as the speeds go up. I'm interested to see what we'll get.

@GregB I often find that my longest shots are not produced by my fastest SS. From the Rapsodo I’m seeing that launch angle plays a large role throughout the bag.

As for the shoes have you tried driver yet? Perhaps I missed that as I’ve been understandably busy.

I have a boatload of gift cards. I’m sure I will be getting another pair is shoes. Depending on this test it will be a pair of these or sketchers.

I’m also thinking and Edison wedge - of course that makes the sketchers a more appealing. I will need a compelling reason to drop $175 on shoes when I can find a good pair on clearance for under $75.

Thanks

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

17 minutes ago, revkev said:

As for the shoes have you tried driver yet? Perhaps I missed that as I’ve been understandably busy.

Haven't tried driver yet. That will be my next time out on the range. I've seen a HUGE benefit in putting. Having the visual of the square to to combine with the putter's alignment aid has added a huge level of confidence on putts.

On the practice green yesterday I did 6 rounds of the ladder drill (3/6/9 feet). Made 75% from 6 feet and 50% from 9. That's a significant jump for me at 9 feet. If I can extend my confident make range out to there, it will be hard for me to not make these a permanent choice.

Braved the chilly early temps on the range (46*) to get to the range for some more swing speed testing. This time with the driver! Conducted this test on turf, so it is possible turf wear could account for some variance. You can see in the photos the turf condition today was mediocre at best.

446187437_drivertrial1.png.06443f7964ec4767e680642efea16db4.png

This trial's top performer was the FJ Freestyle: Not just the highest average, but the most consistent swing speed with a spread of only 3mph between fastest and slowest swings. (I'll admit, I got into a bit of a groove in that round).

FJdriver.jpg.6729824859b6ea02b5328819dc30bdc5.jpg

The AdiBoost Boa was second by a narrow margin, thanks to notching the fastest swing of the session at 101 mph. The mean speed was only 1/2 mph different then the Sqairz in third place.

Adidriver.jpg.3af53b72d898afb9c630920e0b02b746.jpg

Sqairz was third for average swing speed. Also tied with J&M for consistency with a spread of 5 mph. Keep in mind that only refers to swing speed consistency. (More on that in a minute)

989076135_sqzdriver.jpg.71b52d8050efe6727bd0967840b4bf2d.jpg

Yet again, the J&M shoes resulted in the slowest average swing speed. This is a real shame because those shoes are REALLY comfy. Also interesting these are the only 'spike-less' model in my trials. 

1624964601_JMdriver.jpg.c690a4a3138cda38d1e41de593b1fb2d.jpg

This was the first trial with driver. Even though I plan to do at least one more driver trial, there is a trend developing. The Johnston and Murphy shoes are consistently producing the slowest average, while the other three shoes take turns finishing first, but seem to all be performing about the same. That could be because J&M is a new entry into the golf shoe market, and just hasn't cracked the code on comfort AND performance. It could also be the spikeless sole is not a good match with my swing mechanics. That the three spiked models are performing about the same lends to the latter.

I'm developing a new hypothesis regarding Sqairz claim that their shoes WILL boost club head speed. I'll suggest it's possible they MIGHT boost club head speed. Even accounting for ONLY club head speed in my trials, the results are inconsistent as to which shoe produces the highest average swing speed. In all of the iron trials, and in this driver trial as well, some of the best/longest shots occurred on swings slower than the fastest swing speeds. That tells us there can be a lot more to producing a good, long drive than creating more swing speed.

I'll still stick with 'Plausible' on Sqairz claim though. If you're a player who has really consistent club path and face angle control, and as a result, see very little variance in your ball flight, then a difference of 2 mph in swing speed is likely to produce longer drives. At my swing speed though, that 2mph is only a difference of 5-6 yards (somebody verify my estimate there). You'd have to get to speeds of 110+ for that added distance to be 10 yards or more for those same 2 mph.  

Since I have limited experience with golf shoes I tried on some in the pro shop yesterday, and I have more understanding of the comfort the Sqairz. I read a lot of online reviews before I tried on some footjoys. There ware many reviews talking about the comfort of the fury, and flex, so w tried them on. They were not as comfortable as I was led to believe from the reviews, and the guy in the pro shop. For me the Sqairz are a more comfortable shoe, but my tender heels get blisters from them (perhaps still a size issue although I have tried 2 different sizes). It may also be I just don’t get along with the material used in the heel area. Regardless I discovered that the Sqairz are quite comfortable when compared to other golf shoes.