TESTERS WANTED! ×

2nd Swing Experience?

Have any of you sold your clubs to 2nd swing? Can you comment on the how the process works? I recently got a new set of clubs and am looking to sell my old set.

:ping-small: G430 LST 10.5* (Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6X)

:ping-small: G430 MAX 14* (Fujikura Ventus TR Black 7X)

:ping-small: iCrossover 17* (Mitsubishi Kai'li White 80X)

:ping-small: i230 4-PW (True Temper Dynamic Gold X100)

:titelist-small: SM8 50* F Grind; 8* Bounce (Project X LZ 6.0 120)

:titelist-small: SM8 54* F Grind; 10* Bounce (Project X LZ 6.0 120)

:titelist-small: SM8 58* M Grind; 8* Bounce (Project X LZ 6.0 120)

:ping-small: PLD Anser 2

:taylormade-small: TP5X

"Practice like you've never won. Play like you've never lost."

If you’re willing to do a little work, you definitely will get more money selling on here or the bay. Trading in clubs definitely does not give as much value. If you don’t have boxes, I’d go to a local course and ask if they’ll give you a few. I find I get much more selling than I ever did trading in. 

Driver: :titelist-small: TSR3 8 Ventus Red TR 8X

Fairway: :titelist-small: TSi2 16.5 Ventus Blue 8X 

Hybrid:  :taylormade-small: Sim 2 - 19 Hybrid Tensei Orange 90TX

Irons:  :taylormade-small: P790 4-5 P7MC Raw 6-PW MMT 125TX

Wedges: :vokey-small: SM8 50.10F, 54.10S - X100 & 58.04T S400

Putter: Lajosi DD201

:titelist-small: Pro V1X Left Dash

Sorry wanted to give you an example. 

Not sure 2nd swing but they probably use pga value guide. 

callaway UT driving iron trade in is about $60. Mine was in mint condition and I sold it for 225 and buyer pays shipping on the bay. Yes eBay takes about 13% but that is still a lot more than trading in. 

Driver: :titelist-small: TSR3 8 Ventus Red TR 8X

Fairway: :titelist-small: TSi2 16.5 Ventus Blue 8X 

Hybrid:  :taylormade-small: Sim 2 - 19 Hybrid Tensei Orange 90TX

Irons:  :taylormade-small: P790 4-5 P7MC Raw 6-PW MMT 125TX

Wedges: :vokey-small: SM8 50.10F, 54.10S - X100 & 58.04T S400

Putter: Lajosi DD201

:titelist-small: Pro V1X Left Dash

1 hour ago, Ultimate Junior Golfer said:

Have any of you sold your clubs to 2nd swing? Can you comment on the how the process works? I recently got a new set of clubs and am looking to sell my old set.

Not sure what your question is;  their website explains it pretty well.   You pick the clubs you own through their interface which gives you a price.  Then you send in the clubs and based on how you elected to get paid you receive payment after clubs are received and the condition evaluated.   If you have upgraded shafts,  you probably wont get any additional money; they typically just ask graphite or steel.   

From a price perspective you are better off to sell them yourself.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Process is pretty simply, get a box, get a quote, send them in and get paid. 

As others have mentioned you will most likely get more money selling them yourself through a site like this one, golfwrx, ebay or the club traders group on facebook.  

If you are dead set on trading them in then I would make sure to check a few different places like global golf, 2ndswing, pga value guide, callaway preowned to make sure you are getting the best value.

A couple other quick tips...

- On 2ndSwing if you aren't trading the clubs towards something you are buying at the same time, make sure you are looking at the correct value for your clubs.  If i remember correctly the default setting on their trade in quote is store credit towards a purchase.  if you want straight cash the value is usually lower and you have to make sure to pick that selection

- If you are in the market for any new 2021 clubs you are probably better off waiting until these sites (like global golf) run their 50% bonus value towards the purchase of a new club.  You'll get more value from your used clubs that way, but on the flip side you have to use it to buy a new club.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Can't add any more value than what was said above, except for if you happen to live in one of the cities that has a 2nd swing--I'm lucky enough that I do.  It's very easy to trade in.  The highest value will be store credit which you can use right away.  You can request a check which will be maybe 20% less than the store credit amount.

One question for you.

What are you selling 🤪

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

17 hours ago, Ultimate Junior Golfer said:

I would agree with what everyone else has said, usually selling your clubs to a company like that will not give you much compared to selling it to a person.

:cobra-small:Radspeed 10.5*

:titleist-small:TS 15* 3 Wood

:mizuno-small:CLK 19* Hybrid

:mizuno-small:JPX 900 Forged P-4 Irons

:titleist-small:SM7 52*&56* Wedges

:titleist-small:SM6 60* Wedge

:taylormade-small:Ghost Spider Putter

:bridgestone-small:Tour B XS

I actually have had a recent experience with 2nd Swing and can offer first hand account to how it works / goes. 

I was actually in store, which is better because you can talk the guys into helping you out a bit, and traded in a Callaway Epic Flash.  I had an upgraded shaft and the guy quoted me a price.  I reminded him that those clubs dont just come standard with Tensi Whiteboards in them...  The guy quickly said, oh yea let me bump your club up to almost new and got about $50-75 more for it.  I also did the same with irons. 

Now, as many have pointed out, you WILL make far more money selling your clubs outright than you EVER will trading them in.  I am however one that despises the idea of bartering with people and or the million and one questions you get when you posted all of the information in the add in the first place.  Happens on every platform that I've tried, and trust me over the years I've tried them all. 

So the moral of the story is if you want something new and have clubs to trade it's obviously far easier for  you to go to 2nd swing and trade it right there.  They will work with you and if you get one of the "slightly used" sets of irons you're no doubt going to get a fabulous deal!  But, to each their own. Most are more comfortable selling their clubs and that's not a bad choice either.  

Hope that helps. 

BNewt51

Golf Addict.... Father of 4.  Pennsylvania Golfer 

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond - Ventus Red X :callaway-small:

3 Wood:  TS2 14* :titleist-small:

Hybrid:  Titleist TSI 2 18*  (Only used on Soft Rainy days)  image.png.94e8f04243fe8584238d70d382b90525.png

Utility Irons:  4 iron (Steel Fiber FC 110 - Stiff)  image.png.edaa152b6173d27a9529d0f1d7fcc172.png

Irons:  Titleist T-150 4-PW Steel Fiber CW 110 - Stiff  :titleist-small:

Wedges:  Vokey 48-8 Vokey 54-10 Vokey 58-6 all SM9's  :titleist-small:

Putter:  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5 Flowback (custom shop copper finish) or Bettinardi QB8  :titleist-small:  :bettinardi-small:

Ball:  Pro-V1x :titleist-small:

Titleist Tour Carry Bag Black and White  :titleist-small:

Bushnell Range Finder (Patriot Pack)  

*King of taking (borrowing) all my club ***** friends clubs after they've discarded them after a couple months!

On 12/2/2020 at 6:37 PM, Ultimate Junior Golfer said:

@Ultimate Junior Golfer 2nd swing is the trade in partner for club champion... that should tell you all you need to know... if it doesn’t here it is plain in simple trades provide the highest margin for shops they buy clubs cheaper than they do from the OEM and mark it up like you are getting a deal (newer models)... if they are older they buy for pennies on the dollar and mark it up even crazier and will put them on purpose next to more expensive clubs so it looks like a killer deal...if budget is no concern go ahead... but maybe try listing here in the BST... or eBay as others have mentioned... all of these places give you as little as possible cash more for a trade so your stuck buying from them... 

Driver:taylormade-small: SIM 10.5, Graphite Design Tour AD-XC 6X 

Woods:titelist-small: TSi2 16.5, Fujikura Ventus Blue 7X

Hybrid: :ping-small: G410 3&4H, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 95X 

Irons:titelist-small: T-100 3-PW, Nippon Modus 120 X 

Wedges: :mizuno-small: T20, DG TI S400, 50/56/60

Putter:  :EVNROLL: ER1.2 W/BGT Stability Shaft

Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1X-Optic Yellow

Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer

• 1 year later...

⭐️I don't write a lot of reviews but I have to tell my story. You can tell by the star it wasn't a good experience. I had sent trade ins in to them a couple times and really only had to call to make sure I was given the trade in bonus. Not too big of a deal but a little crooked. this last one was a nightmare though. To day dishonest isn't correct it was theft. I sent in an entire set of irons and a fairway wood. The set was progressive and wasn't the same model all the way through. I made the mistake of marking one of my clubs as a different model. Rather than call me and tell me there was a trade in difference they just omitted it and now say I never sent it. they took a club from me and I don't seem to have any recourse other than this. The customer service people are rude and insist they don't do anything wrong. It is a hard pill to swallow but if it helps you not make my mistake I'm vindicated. They are not honest and make no bones about it. Do not buy or trade with them very dishonest!