Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

Any comments on the Titleist T200

Ok I am still eyeing on getting a set of Titleist T200 but with so many club companies coming out with their newest models for next year out this year. Why is that? My friend mentioned that there is a delay in getting your set of new clubs or buying a used is better. My friend ordered his Taylor Made 790s and it took him 3 months to get a new set. So is this why their selling their next years model already so you have to wait to get them. 

Anyone care to comment on the Titileist T200? I know the lofts are way stronger than my 10 year old Mizuno Mp32. lol Also, do you still need a 3 or 4 iron now a days if the lofts are stronger. So whether to buy a 5 to PW or 4 to PW? Also the prices for used sets of T200 are still pretty high while the PXG Gen2 is on sale for $89 a club. Any other clubs that matches the lofts for the Titleist T200?

I used to coach The First Tee of San Francisco

I was heavily eyeing the T200's as well. Very good clubs! Loved hitting them. BUT i knew the best thing for me to do was get properly fit. After trying like 5 or 6 different brand irons, it came down to the Mizuno JPX 921 hot metal (LH doesnt have the pro option) and the T200's. If you're RH, the Mizuno MP20 HMB are AMAZING. Will play a lot more like your MP32's regarding loft. The MP20's feel amazing too but are a smaller head of course. I ended up going with the JPX 021 hot metals because my minor mishots were hardly noticeable than regular shots. With the T200's, if i was a hair fat or on the toe, i could see a noticeable difference. Could have gone with the T200's and played very well too but that hair of extra forgiveness has been awesome.

Stronger lofts helped as well to remove my 3 & 4 hybrids.

Charleston, SC

HDCP 13.0

• Driver: :taylormade-small:  M6 9* with 65g Stiff Mitsubishi Tensei Red shaft
  • 3 wood: :ping-small:  G425 stiff shaft
  • 5 wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth 2 stiff shaft
  • 4-gw irons:  :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal w/ X-stiff KBS 130gr shafts (soft stepped)
  • Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 52, 56, 60 
  • Putter: 34" Scotty Cameron 12.5
  • Ball: :titelist-small: ProV-1x
  • Tracked By: :Arccos:

MGS Tester '20 - :ping-small: G710 Iron Review

MGS Tester '19 - :918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX9 HD Pro laser rangefinder

I recently purchased a fitted set of Titleist irons, I went with the T-100S irons and they were shipped directly from Titleist. It only took 2 1/2 weeks to get the clubs, so I have no idea where extremely long lead time concern came from. You will not beat the Titleist T-200 irons, but get fit for yourself and hit several different brands.

Good Luck!

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

The T200's are great irons. Personally, I decided to go with the Srixon Z585. Performance was better for me and I found that I preferred the feel of the Srixon. I was coming from a set of 718 AP2's and wanted a bit more forgiveness than they offered. I would say get fitted (if available in your area) and compare multiple irons. A fitting will also help you determine if you need to keep your hybrids or if the long irons in the T200 will replace them.

Good luck and have fun with the search!

WITB

Ping G410 | Titleist TS3 | Srixon Z585 |Cleveland RTX4 | Ping Redwood Piper | Pro V1

I have a combo of the T100s/T200, I really like both ends for what they do.  The T100s are just so accurace and feel very good.  The T200 feel great as well, and offer the extra forgiveness.   

I can't quote you 100% but I am pretty confident the 2 to 3 week timeframe GoDawg mentioned is closer than the 3 months TM is quoting.  And that was accurate for TM for the new P series, they got swamped when the came out and were really backed up.

You can't go wrong with the T200.  Are you sure it was the Gen2 for $85 a club or the 0211?   Good price either way, but I had seen the 0211 advertised at that price. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I’ve been eyeing a new set of irons and I hit the T200’s recently at a fitter and they were pretty sweet

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

The PXG 0211’s are $89 a club. The gen 2 0311’s are $149 each. You get another $5 off if you order by phone. With steel shafts, the t200’s are $175 each. 

14 of the following:

Ping G430 Max 10.5 degree

Callaway 2023 Big Bertha 3 wood set to 17 degrees

Cobra F9 Speedback 7/8 wood set at 23.5 degrees

Callaway Epic Max 11 wood

Ping Eye 2 BeCu 2-SW

Mizuno 923 JPX HM HL 6-GW

Hogan sand wedge 56 degree bent to 53

Maltby M Series+ 54 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 Eye2 58 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 60 degree

Evnroll ER2

Ping Sigma 2 Anser

Cheap Top Flite mallet putter from Dick's, currently holding down first place in the bag

TaylorMade Mini Spider

Bridgestone XS

1 hour ago, Hook DeLoft said:

The PXG 0211’s are $89 a club. The gen 2 0311’s are $149 each. You get another $5 off if you order by phone. With steel shafts, the t200’s are $175 each. 

It could be a case of you get what you pay for?🤭

Edited by GaDawg
Spelling

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

2 hours ago, GaDawg said:

It could be a case of you get what you pay for?🤭

Possibly. I’m not lobbying for the PXG, even though I ordered some 0211’s last week. 

14 of the following:

Ping Eye 2 BeCu 2-SW

Ping Glide 3.0 60 degree

Evnroll ER2

Ping Sigma 2 Anser

Cheap Top Flite mallet putter from Dick's, currently holding down first place in the bag

TaylorMade Mini Spider

Bridgestone XS

On 12/3/2020 at 10:55 AM, JonMUSC08 said:

I was heavily eyeing the T200's as well. Very good clubs! Loved hitting them. BUT i knew the best thing for me to do was get properly fit. After trying like 5 or 6 different brand irons, it came down to the Mizuno JPX 921 hot metal (LH doesnt have the pro option) and the T200's. If you're RH, the Mizuno MP20 HMB are AMAZING. Will play a lot more like your MP32's regarding loft. The MP20's feel amazing too but are a smaller head of course. I ended up going with the JPX 021 hot metals because my minor mishots were hardly noticeable than regular shots. With the T200's, if i was a hair fat or on the toe, i could see a noticeable difference. Could have gone with the T200's and played very well too but that hair of extra forgiveness has been awesome.

Stronger lofts helped as well to remove my 3 & 4 hybrids.

Where did you get fitted for your Mizunos? I would assume they would fit you for Titleist as well.

On 12/3/2020 at 1:04 PM, GaDawg said:

I recently purchased a fitted set of Titleist irons, I went with the T-100S irons and they were shipped directly from Titleist. It only took 2 1/2 weeks to get the clubs, so I have no idea where extremely long lead time concern came from. You will not beat the Titleist T-200 irons, but get fit for yourself and hit several different brands.

Good Luck!

Did you get an entire set? 3 - PW or 5 to PW?

On 12/3/2020 at 2:59 PM, Hook DeLoft said:

How do you get fitted for PXG, everything is done through the phone. What kind of shafts did you get and how long did it took you to get the PXG?

I knew the specs I wanted going in, so I just told the rep what I wanted. I got the Acccra graphite in regular flex because the rep said it is higher launching than the MMT. My old man body can no longer tolerate steel shafts. I just ordered them the day before Thanksgiving and the rep told me to expect about 21 days. I don’t remember if that was until delivery or shipping. 

14 of the following:

Ping Eye 2 BeCu 2-SW

Ping Glide 3.0 60 degree

Evnroll ER2

Ping Sigma 2 Anser

TaylorMade Mini Spider

Bridgestone XS

4 hours ago, Theslomo said:

Where did you get fitted for your Mizunos? I would assume they would fit you for Titleist as well.

I got the 4 - PW. I really suggest you get fit, no matter which brand you purchase. Both are excellent brands!

On 12/5/2020 at 2:46 PM, Theslomo said:

There is a local fitting shop that does sales/fittings/lessons that fit me. They carry nearly every brand of club too. I would avoid any big box places. Find someone that will take the time (abt an hour or so) to truely fit you. I had to pay $75 for my iron fitting BUT im in X-stiff 130 shafts and then they are 'soft stepped' which i've never seen anyone even mention that fine tuning of adjustments for me. I've always been in a standard KBS stiff shaft.

Charleston, SC

HDCP 13.0

• Driver: :taylormade-small:  M6 9* with 65g Stiff Mitsubishi Tensei Red shaft
  • 3 wood: :ping-small:  G425 stiff shaft
  • 5 wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth 2 stiff shaft
  • 4-gw irons:  :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal w/ X-stiff KBS 130gr shafts (soft stepped)
  • Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 52, 56, 60 
  • Putter: 34" Scotty Cameron 12.5
  • Ball: :titelist-small: ProV-1x
  • Tracked By: :Arccos:

MGS Tester '20 - :ping-small: G710 Iron Review

MGS Tester '19 - :918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX9 HD Pro laser rangefinder

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/3/2020 at 1:19 PM, Theslomo said:

Ok I am still eyeing on getting a set of Titleist T200 but with so many club companies coming out with their newest models for next year out this year. Why is that? My friend mentioned that there is a delay in getting your set of new clubs or buying a used is better. My friend ordered his Taylor Made 790s and it took him 3 months to get a new set. So is this why their selling their next years model already so you have to wait to get them. 

Anyone care to comment on the Titileist T200? I know the lofts are way stronger than my 10 year old Mizuno Mp32. lol Also, do you still need a 3 or 4 iron now a days if the lofts are stronger. So whether to buy a 5 to PW or 4 to PW? Also the prices for used sets of T200 are still pretty high while the PXG Gen2 is on sale for $89 a club. Any other clubs that matches the lofts for the Titleist T200?

I tried the t200 during a fitting. A nice club. Results were good but I did not like the feel off the club face. From what I’ve heard mizuno’s one of the best feeling irons and have been like that for a while. Not sure if that is something that you are looking for in your next set. 

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the headsup, I finally went to golfmart and swing the T200s. Definitely have that clicking sound when you are hitting the ball also it felt weird even though I was getting some distance out of it. But again I was hitting into a net with a simulator. Next test would be the taylor made P.770. I did try the mizunos as well, just did not like the way they set up to the ball and a little thick on the top, The TM p.770 looks like just pricey at this time. I might have to look for a used p.790s

FWIW for you I got fit for a set of T300s on Dec 31st and at that point the fitter said the to prepare for longer lead times but they'd been coming down and I got them in exactly a month from my fitting. 

Driver: default_titelist-small.jpg.af6c79e031d0a7016fffa91ce0212512.jpg TSi2 9.0* w/ Tensei blue stiff shaft // 3 Wood: default_titelist-small.jpg.af6c79e031d0a7016fffa91ce0212512.jpg TSi3 15* Tensei white stiff shaft

Hybrid: default_taylormade-small.jpg.e85cafcb95032f919dfafeb5fd18ac1e.jpg GAPR Hi 3h

Irons: default_titelist-small.jpg.af6c79e031d0a7016fffa91ce0212512.jpg T300 4-PW + 48* & 53*w/ KBS tour stiff

Wedge: default_cleveland-small.jpg.5931429dde47ec5093bb94bc9d38f8b5.jpg CBX2 58*10

Putter: KS1

Ball: Srixon Z-star // Bag: default_ping-small.jpg.2da16be6ff3360b3177f4439c6c6288b.jpg DLX