TESTERS WANTED! ×

Best YouTube Instructors?

Which YouTube instructors have you found valuable?  I've only been viewing for the past month, but so far Steve Pratt has easily been the best for my game so far.

Are you looking for individualized instruction or general instruction? If it's the latter, I subscribe to Danny Maude. He has common sense stuff that's easy to implement.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

1 minute ago, tony@CIC said:

Are you looking for individualized instruction or general instruction? If it's the latter, I subscribe to Danny Maude. He has common sense stuff that's easy to implement.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

I'm going to second this one, I really like Danny Maude and the way he approaches the golf swing. 

Well I would pick my current coach Milo Lines of Golfletics. He works closely with Malaska who has alot of good content out there. Rewatching Bradley Hughes videos has done miracles for my game. And one under the radar one that I really like is Steve Johnston. That Eureka swing with has alot of similarities to Bradley Hughes' 4:30 swing path and Monte's cast to 8. 

GARSEN GRIP TESTER

• Driver: PING G400 MAX, Ventus Blue 6x
  • Woods: COBRA F6 Baffler AD DI 8S
  • Hybrid: CALLAWAY Apex Pro, Ventus Blue 8s
  • Irons: SRIXON ZX5 mk2 5-6, ZX7 mk2 7-PW, Modus 120x
  • Wedges: EDEL 50 C grind, 54 V grind, CLEVELAND 60 RTX6 Low
  • Putter: YES Abbie!

Danny Maude and Chris Ryan are probably two of the best ones 

If you want to dive more into a philosophy type approach then Bradley Hughes is a really good option.

I haven’t watched much of the meandmygolf guys lately but they have some good videos

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

I started off with Paul Wilson some years ago who teaches powerless arms. Not a bad starting point for beginners but as you get better you need to control your arms in a sense. Mike Malaska has some great content on speed and how your “lever system” works. If you want to really get in tune with how your hands work at impact I would recommend mike

I'm a fan of Eric Cogorno's videos.  Having returned to golf from a 15 year layoff and taken some lessons, I have learned that the root of many of my swing faults is early extension.  Eric works on "feelz", rather than getting into the details of club position during various parts of the swing, etc.  For me, at least, I need to feel what I am doing wrong (and right!) in order to improve, so this approach works for me.  It helps, too, that his style and that of the pro whom I have seen this year are very similar.  And both men have multiple ways of correcting swing flaws--the secret is finding which one would work for me.  FWIW, feeling right side bend on the downswing clicked for me.

:ping-small: G430 Max HL Max Driver

:ping-small: G430 Max HL 5- and 7-Woods

:ping-small: G430 Max  HL 4-Hybrid

:titleist-small: T300 6-GW Irons

:ping-small: Glide 3.0 52 and 58 degree Wedges

:titleist-small: Vokey SM9 56 degree Sand Wedge

:bettinardi-small: BB-8W Putter

:titleist-small: ProV1x Balls

Semper ubi, sub ubi.

I like Me and my golf.  I feel their free youtube videos are pretty good. They are doing a good job on visualizing some concepts. don't know about their paid course plan tho. 

Driver: Taylormade m3 9.5 Mitsubishi Tensei CK White S flex

Wood: Taylormade m2 Tensei CK White high launch S flex

Irons: Ping i20 6-PW R flex; Golden Bear 3-5 R

Wedges: Vokey sm6 52, 56, 60 R flex

Putter: Taylormade Truss TB1

Ball: pro v1

There's plenty that have great content. Monte, Cogorno, Malaska, Me & My Golf are all decent watches.

None of them are a substitute for getting personalized lessons either in-person or through video. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

• 4 months later...

I like Clay Ballard with Top Speed Golf. His tennis racked drill has helped me to correct my slice. I also like the vidoes Phil Mickelson does, how could you not. 

Driver :callaway-small: XR 10.5°

Irons: :titelist-small: AP1 PW-4i

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey 56°  & Vokey 60°

Putter: :odyssey-small: White Hot OG #5 Putter

Bag: :titelist-small: Players 4 Stand Bag

Ball: Kirkland Signature V2.0

Danny Maude......the best.  

:Sub70:    849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 60g 

:tour-edge:   EXS 7wood  Tensei Blue R

:Sub70:    699 4-7i   USTRecoil 660 F3 R

:Sub70:    699 Pro 8-AW  USTRecoil 660 F3 R    

:Sub70:   JB Forged 54 and JB Forged 58 Full Face

:Sub70:    TAll Wide Blade putter

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9

Grint_Shield_Logo.svg The Grint Pro

• 3 weeks later...

If no one is mentioning Rick Shiels and Peter Finch here, we're wasting everyone's time! Both British golfers, both low handicaps, but the real benefit of watching them is that their instructional videos are actual pretty fun. They seem very approachable and don't necessarily try to deconstruct your entire game. Rather, they are much more on the side of showing you a few tips to fix a small, or large, issue you're working on.

Plus, once you fall in love with their instructional videos, their club reviews are fantastic and their Course Vlogs are very fun. I hope I didn't just make you that more unproductive at work since they've been in the Youtube game for years. 

This video helped me fix my slice and turn it into a draw after a few weeks working through these techniques at the range. You know what they say, when teaching someone how to golf, teach them how to hit a hook first, then straighten out their game!

• Driver: image.png.c67e4844d8a191f8afb6a4e307a65ffa.png Stealth 8* turned down to 6* X-Stiff, Graphite Design Tour AD XC-6
  • 3 Wood: image.png.a1548764b69c6d3406f6f9f1ab1acd22.png Sim 14* X-Stiff, Aldila Rogue Silver
  • 2 Iron/2 Hybrid: Mizuno image.png.e2dedc2a71191940659367b8fac460ef.png MP-20 HMB, Graphite Design Tour AD; image.png.f066373041037bed32d08e715a7127f2.png Forged Tec set to 17* X-Stiff, Catalyst 6.0
  • P-4 Irons: image.png.d0a79f435e2331981ac11a33dd54e77a.png MP20, Dynamic Gold X100 
  • Wedges:  image.png.5e4bb78c97a6cf70133b4dfd9b768747.png Vokey SM9 50 degree 08F, 56 degree 08M and 60 degree 08M
  • My Putter: image.png.dce9f23e6ed6368fab8361d0c072c157.png B.2, LA Golf Shaft
  • Ball: image.png.0ca81de9028caab738d4428af820440f.png AVX
  • 5.3 Handicapped; Right Hander; from Salt Lake City, Utah

I've really started enjoying Maude, Finch, and Cogorno's stuff. Scratch Golf Academy isn't bad and Clay Ballard is good as well. Paul Wilson reminds me of a golf pro I worked with in college. My favorite to watch right now, if you're into Stack and Tilt is Saguto. He's rather intense

When my wife asked if I wanted to leave Maine and move to where she grew up, I couldn't say no to Pinehurst, NC. I honestly don't spend much money on golf equipment, but I'm constantly reading reviews in case I ever get ready to buy

I swing left handed and have been the State of Maine Left Hander's champion since 1997, the last year they held the tournament. I'm currently a 7.1 handicap. Trying to get lower, but my gut gets in the way.

WITB

Driver: image.png.2a9745c9eca1e1dcd4c3ecfd5b2823e3.png Epic speed 9 degree

Irons: :titelist-small: 990's S300 Stiff shafts bought when I was in college. (Received a personal use discount, otherwise would've stuck with my Hogan Edge's)

3 Wood: :callaway-small:  Epic speed 15 degree or image.png.188f225bd9daa89b3976cdaa079d23d0.png PT15

52/56/60 :taylormade-small: Z Spin wedges (heck of a deal $100 for all 3 at Dick's in 2013)

Putter: :odyssey-small: OG Rossie

image.png

• 2 weeks later...

Andrew Rice lock down learning series is a grail for every golfer. The guys and girls in this series are some of the very best in the business and you will learn so much and take a deep dive into the golf swing

S Trott

Steve Johnston very underrated

Driver: Titleist TSi2 10 / Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue Raw 65 S

3 Wood: Titleist TSi3 15 / Project X RDX Smoke Black 70 6.0

Hybrid: Titleist TSi3 18 / Fujikura Atmos HB Tour Spec Red 7 S

4 Iron: Titleist U500 / Graphite Design Tour AD DI 85 S

5 - 9 Irons: Mizuno 921 Tour / Nippon Modus 3 120 S

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM7 46F, 50F, 54S & 58M / Nippon Modus Wedge 115

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport Select (2016) / BGT Stability Tour

Ball: Srixon Z Star XV

On 12/3/2020 at 6:03 PM, BigSissy said:

Which YouTube instructors have you found valuable?  I've only been viewing for the past month, but so far Steve Pratt has easily been the best for my game so far.

If you’re looking for actual lessons from one of them, Tyler McGhie is excellent. He does FaceTime lessons and they’re great!

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

On 12/8/2020 at 7:08 AM, russtopherb said:

There's plenty that have great content. Monte, Cogorno, Malaska, Me & My Golf are all decent watches.

None of them are a substitute for getting personalized lessons either in-person or through video. 

I don’t disagree with you by any means, but at the same time, you sure can find the wrong instructor for you. I think a good instructor adjusts his/her instruction to fit your game…basically, there is no cookie cutter instruction for every golfer.

• In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 6-way
  • :cobra-small: King F9 set to 9*, Tour length Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0 S-flex, with GolfPride MCC +4 mid-size
  • image.png.27e1496834233542c5d124bf8b9e3352.png3W - 13*, UST Mamiya 65 Gold S-flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :taylormade-small: SIM UDI 2-iron - 18*, Mitsubishi Diamana Thump 100 X-flex, with GolfPride MCC Align
  • :srixon-small: ZX5 4-5 & ZX7 6-PW, :Nippon: Modus3 120 Tour S-flex, +1/2", with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: - SM8 Tour Chrome, 50.08F - 54.10S - 58.12D, DG Wedge Flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :EVNROLL: Custom Fit 35" ER6 Red at 68 degree lie angle and 4 degrees of loft
  • :Snell: MTB-X            :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope             Tracked by :Arccos:         #WPS 🐗

1 minute ago, M. Parsons said:

I don’t disagree with you by any means, but at the same time, you sure can find the wrong instructor for you. I think a good instructor adjusts his/her instruction to fit your game…basically, there is no cookie cutter instruction for every golfer.

You're right, there are "wrong" instructors, believe me I know - I had one when I started playing golf. It was terrible.

My point in the post you quoted, however, was that having a live set of eyes on your swing to diagnose what you are doing, and recommending specific drills/fixes, is far better than watching a bunch of YouTube golf vids and going "oh I slice the ball and Crossfield says to do THIS so let me go work on it" and it turns out what you're doing isn't even related to *why* you're slicing the ball.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

57 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

You're right, there are "wrong" instructors, believe me I know - I had one when I started playing golf. It was terrible.

My point in the post you quoted, however, was that having a live set of eyes on your swing to diagnose what you are doing, and recommending specific drills/fixes, is far better than watching a bunch of YouTube golf vids and going "oh I slice the ball and Crossfield says to do THIS so let me go work on it" and it turns out what you're doing isn't even related to *why* you're slicing the ball.

But a couple of the ones you listed as well as several others that have been listed in the thread teach the swing concepts on their channels and give drills to do for what’s in the video. So someone who wants to learn the swing or improve theirs can use these videos for that.

the ones that are focused on fixing a ball flight pattern are likely to lead to someone going down the wrong route for fixing their swing/ball flight 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

• 5 months later...
On 10/13/2021 at 6:16 PM, nickbor34 said:

My brother introduced me to golf and recommended me the channel Me And My Golf. Piers Ward and Andy Proudman explain the material in great detail and thanks to them I learned a lot. I also like the author's channel from Mark Crossfield. I am very grateful to him for the numerous equipment reviews. By the way, my brother works as a mobile app developer at https://madappgang.com/platforms/kotlin/ this Kotlin app development company. Here you can get qualified help in app development or web development. He works well, so if you have trouble with writing a work, you can get help on this resource.

Thanks for your advice. That's great that your brother show's you how to play!