Best Bags for Pushcarts

"Mr. 72"

13 minutes ago, Chip Strokes said:

who knows? i think i was just excited to see how the bag worked on the new cart and didn’t put them in. 

Ahh... thought perhaps you were already revising the line-up to address the excessive distance thingy. 😉

• Haha 1

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

On 2/25/2021 at 10:29 AM, Middler said:

It's puzzling why none of the big name bag manufacturers (that I can find) makes a bag optimized for pushcarts. Cart bags with slanted tops won't work, and stand bags are typically too small and the legs can get in the way.

I totally agree with this comment. Its like there's a whole push cart bag category that's neglected! The OGIO I use when walking was chosen after carefully shopping for a bag that fit the Clicgear well. Luckily stores often have a Clickgear setup near the bag section. 

IMG_1302.jpeg

Ball mark: Kraken Golf (Revolver)

Ball: :titelist-small: ProV1 (#45)

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER3

60/54: :titelist-small: SM8 w/ Nippon Modus Tour 105 S

GW-4i: :mizuno-small: JPX921 Forged w/ Nippon Modus Tour 105 S

7w: :taylormade-small: SIM2 MAX

5w: :taylormade-small: SIM2 MAX

Driver: :taylormade-small: M1 with Veylix Arcane

• 2 months later...

The Sun Mountain Sync bag is made for push carts... It was reviewed on MGS, surprised nobody brought that one up.

:ping-small: G410 Plus Driver, Ping Tour 173-65 Regular

:ping-small: G410 5 wood, Ping Tour 173-65 Regular

:ping-small: G410 Crossover 3 Iron, Alta CB 70 Regular

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-LW Project X LZ 5.5

:scotty-small:   Phantom X 12

:titelist-small: Pro V1x Yellow

:Arccos:

?Got a great deal on this lightweight stand bag from Perfect Practice......fits my caddytek.

501A0CBD-52C1-4DA4-867F-93B5BBBAA2FA.jpeg

Driver: PXG 0211 w/Evenflo Riptide CB Regular shaft 

Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3-4W(16*), 5-6W(20*) both w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft and Patriot 7W w/AccuLaunch 60 by Accuflex

Hybrid: Cobra F8 3 Hybrid(19*) w/Recoil ES regular shaft 

Irons: Wilson D7 5-PW w/Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts 

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore(50*/54*/58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  

Putter: 33" Evnroll ER2 w/Evnroll Gravity Grip 

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black).  

Pushcart:  Caddytek 3.0 from Costco

Ball: Maxfli Tour CG & Titleist Pro V1x.

I’ve been in the market for a new bag as well. I have a Sun Mountain Speed Cart and an older Ping Hoofer bag. The bag is going to a new home which leaves me a chance to find a better combo for the Speed Cart. I’ve been considering the SM Metro Sunday Bag, since it doesn’t have a stand. Curious though if others have any good, lightweight bags for the Speed Cart.

UPDATE: I ended up getting the SM Metro Sunday Bag (no stand) and it works fantastically with the Speed Cart. Would recommend.

Edited by flat

d: TSi3 8°, Aldila Rogue Silver 110 MSI 60X

3w: TSi2 15°, HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 70 6.5

3h: TSi2 18°, Aldila Rogue Silver 85HY X

4-p: Mizuno MP20 MMC, NS Pro 1150GH Taper stiff

wedges: 50.08F, 54.08M, 60.08M: Vokey SM7, wedge flex

p: Odyssey White Hot 2 Ball

ball: ProV1

• 3 months later...

You need to find a "Staff Bag". But not a giant one. The staff bags get the pockets on the outside with the irons hanging correctly. I ended up finding a gently used one at a good price. They don't seem to be making these bags anymore. 

I have had a few different bags now and can chime in with some input.  My 1st 3 wheel cart was a ClicGear and recently I got a MotoCaddy trolley.   I've had a standard cart staff bag at first and then found one of the rare and discontinued ClicGear bags.  Just recently I changed to one of the MotoCaddy bags.

Standard Cart bag:  Very difficult to use, hard to get clubs in and out of the bag.  These bags were designed to ride upright in a riding cart.  No surprise here. 

The ClicGear bag was a huge improvement and made club selection and removal much much easier.   They really did design it for use and ease of use on a 3 wheel cart.   The club dividers are laid out in such a way that the heads are not laying on top of each other. The one thing I disliked about the ClicGear bag was that it wasn't very stiff, if that makes sense.  The bag itself would twist and lean when it was strapped into the cart for support.   Pockets were well thought out and the cooler was a nice size. 

MotoCaddy PRO bag.   I decided to get one of these and see if it would replace the ClicGear bag.  If I didn't like it better I would simply return it.  The PRO bag is really good for the Trolley.  It has a clip in feature that fits into slots on the trolley making it so you don't have to even have a strap on the bottom of the bag.  If you don't have a MotoCaddy cart, don't worry this feature does not have to be used and it will secure just fine.  This bag is equally as well thought out with the angle it sits in a 3 wheel cart.  Club dividers are staggered and laid out perfectly.  Pockets and accessibility are spot on too for the angles.  I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this bag to anyone with a 3 wheel cart.   One slight miss I will mention on this bag is the cooler pocket.  While still large enough for 3 12 oz water bottles they missed a great opportunity for a larger cooler.  As you look at pictures of this bag the middle pocket is the cooler.  They should have made the bottom pocket the cooler which would have been much larger and made more sense.  I think they wanted to boast about storage room over a how big of cooler it could have had.  It does have an isolated outside accessible beverage pocket that is really handy and convenient.   There are very few pictures of this bag online other than the stock picture of the overall bag.  So if anyone wants additional pictures I'd be glad to take some and upload them. 

• 1 month later...