TESTERS WANTED! ×

Odyssey/Stroke Lab Discontinued model?

BrownBearGolf

Has anyone heard about the model #10 from stroke love being discontinued?  They stopped taking custom orders of it. Their website only has left handed and 33”.  Seems weird to me to discontinue a model only one year later.  But why stop taking orders unless they stopped making them. 

any ideas?  Thanks. 

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero 9degree. Hosel set to -1degree/Nuetral. Aftermarket 10gram front weight and 6.5 gram sliding weight set to fade. Mitsubishi  Tensei AV Blue Stiff 67 “Tipped” half inch

Diablo 5 Wood Nuetral Stock shaft

:taylormade-small: M3 3 Hybrid Mitsubishi Tensei Blue Weight set to fade

:mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-GW KBS C Taper Stiff 1/2 inch longer 

:callaway-small: Mac Daddy 4 54, 58

:odyssey-small: Works Tank Cruiser 7              40 Grams in head and counterbalanced 30 grams inside Super Stroke Fatso Grip

:srixon-small: Z-Star

1 hour ago, BrownBearGolf said:

Has anyone heard about the model #10 from stroke love being discontinued?  They stopped taking custom orders of it. Their website only has left handed and 33”.  Seems weird to me to discontinue a model only one year later.  But why stop taking orders unless they stopped making them. 

any ideas?  Thanks. 

Could be new versions coming? Or possibly temporarily sold out? 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

7 hours ago, BrownBearGolf said:

any ideas?  Thanks. 

I thought you were getting the Taylormade based on your video?   Haven't heard anything about it being discontinued, but you never know.   If you want a 10,  you can go to callaway preowned;  they have a few for sale and you can get them customized:

https://www.callawaygolfpreowned.com/putters/by-family/odyssey-stroke-lab-putters/putters-2020-ten-stroke-lab-black-db.html

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Which model are you looking at?  Stroke lab black is in stock in RH and available in all lengths.  Looks like the triple track version is lefty only at the moment.  Quite possible the triple track alignment didn't sell well and they are moving to a different version, but you can still get the regular one.

https://www.odysseygolf.com/families/stroke-lab-black/putters-2020-ten-slant-stroke-lab-black.html?_ga=2.22992894.495099226.1607182179-360497729.1607182179&_gac=1.183160660.1607182179.CjwKCAiA_Kz-BRAJEiwAhJNY79zc7fqwDVmWpyrKWrK_tse9LI-qCQ5fE4dyjAzrBvRIGWcamjExvhoCi1kQAvD_BwE

Also check out Callaway pre-owned if you want the triple track.  They have the regular 10 and the 10s in stock RH and you can still customize through there.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

7 minutes ago, hckymeyer said:

Which model are you looking at?  Stroke lab black is in stock in RH and available in all lengths.  Looks like the triple track version is lefty only at the moment.  Quite possible the triple track alignment didn't sell well and they are moving to a different version, but you can still get the regular one.

https://www.odysseygolf.com/families/stroke-lab-black/putters-2020-ten-slant-stroke-lab-black.html?_ga=2.22992894.495099226.1607182179-360497729.1607182179&_gac=1.183160660.1607182179.CjwKCAiA_Kz-BRAJEiwAhJNY79zc7fqwDVmWpyrKWrK_tse9LI-qCQ5fE4dyjAzrBvRIGWcamjExvhoCi1kQAvD_BwE

Also check out Callaway pre-owned if you want the triple track.  They have the regular 10 and the 10s in stock RH and you can still customize through there.

That is the 10 S,  based on his vblog on youtube about his fitting, he wants the face balanced model which is limited for RH.  

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

3 hours ago, cnosil said:

That is the 10 S,  based on his vblog on youtube about his fitting, he wants the face balanced model which is limited for RH.  

Yeah, I didn't watch that 😳

But Cally preowned has the regular 10 head in right handed as well.  Stroke Lab Black and Triple Track in stock right handed.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

2 minutes ago, hckymeyer said:

Yeah, I didn't watch that 😳

But Cally preowned has the regular 10 head in right handed as well.  Stroke Lab Black and Triple Track in stock right handed.

It wasn't in this thread so I had a little more info that you did;   that's why I pointed him to CPO as well  🙂

Hey thanks guys!  I stated in the video I am going TM Spider X.   However, it’s going to come in at $380.  My teacher salary barely covers that😜.  Some of the Stroke Lab Black putters are on sale for $200.  Hoping for a Christmas miracle I wished the Black Ten could be found with the ability to have it custom ordered with my specs and that it too would be price dropped like some other Black 10.  I like the look of the Spider X more.  But it didn’t score as well and is more costly. So was looking for alternatives.  I know I’ll feel more confident with the view of the Spider X more at address and alignment is one of my issues.  I just need to pay what I need to pay. Thanks for helping out with this info!

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero 9degree. Hosel set to -1degree/Nuetral. Aftermarket 10gram front weight and 6.5 gram sliding weight set to fade. Mitsubishi  Tensei AV Blue Stiff 67 “Tipped” half inch

:odyssey-small: Works Tank Cruiser 7              40 Grams in head and counterbalanced 30 grams inside Super Stroke Fatso Grip

• 2 weeks later...

Well it’s official!  No more #10 to be produced!!  Why?!?!?!  Any thoughts?

9D8928AA-6713-4A36-BB7B-BDB3BF08CD2C.png

• 1 month later...
On 12/5/2020 at 1:41 AM, BrownBearGolf said:

any ideas?  Thanks. 

Think I have seen why the ten is going away.    Odyssey has redesigned the alignment on the ten to be like a 2 ball putter.   Saw pictures a few days ago and saw one in person today.  I personally prefer the prior ten model.   

Jon Rahm gamed the new Two Ball Ten putter at Torrey last week. It's definitely a personal preference. 

I'm with @cnosil, the solid line alignment of the previous Ten model is easier on my eyes than the two ball. 

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/2/2021 at 4:16 PM, cnosil said:

Think I have seen why the ten is going away.    Odyssey has redesigned the alignment on the ten to be like a 2 ball putter.   Saw pictures a few days ago and saw one in person today.  I personally prefer the prior ten model.   

Yes, I saw that also.  Well I ended up buying the BlackJack. I've only played with it for 27 holes but I really like the head, the heavy head, the sound and feel. I don't like, at all, the stock shaft. So I'm getting a BGT Stability Tour shaft put in. Hoping that will be the right shaft. The stock shaft is just not robust enough for the 380 gram head. It feels whippy.  Yeah, in a putter. During a lag putt it feels like the head is left behind.  Weird. And maybe it is not at all whippy. It just feels that way to me. My fitter said he has not heard that once. But the shape and muted matte finsih I love and it just feels good. So, I went with what felt right all along. 

I didn't get the Spider X because I saw so many postings about the paint chipping off.