TESTERS WANTED! ×

Grip Logo- Up or down?

Hi guys, today i just sent my clubs to get regripped and i asked for them to be logo down. i like the logo on my multi compounds facing down because theyre less distracting and i dun have to rub onto the "golfpride" when i choke down for some shots.

So what do u guys do with ur grips? do u lk them up or down? or it doesn make a difference at all?

Taylormade RBZ2 TP 9.5 Fuel 60

Ping i20 3 wood Aldila Nv

Adams Dhy 18*

Mizuno Mp59 4-p KBS Tour S

Vokey 50* 55* 60*

Scotty Cameron Select Newport 1.5

Ball - Z star XV

Oakley Stand Bag

I just regripped and thought about putting the logo down, but it doesn't really bother me much so I just left it the same...

My Bag:
Driver - 
:cobra-small:  King F6+

3 Wood -  :callaway-small: XR16
Hybrids -  :srixon-small:  ZH45
Irons -  :mizuno-small:  JPX 850 Pro

Wedges -  :callaway-small: Mac Daddy 2
Putter -   :taylormade-small: Spider Tour Red
Bag - Ogio Grom Stand

I put the logo down because they're easier to install because you're not resetting them to get them perfect. I also don't have to be distracted with using them as an alignment tool.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Never thought about it actually... but makes sense! I'll try them logo down next time!

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

I put mine down this time, but don't really care. I don't find the logo distracting, and most grips still have a logo on each side, it just isn't painted. So its like whitewalls or not!

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

I've almost always played logos up but Rookie said when installing them logo down your not so worried about getting them lined up perfectly. I currently have half of my Multi Compounds logo up and half logo down. When I regrip here shortly with Red Lamkin Crosslines I'll install them logo down.

Titleist 905R 9.5* w/ RIP Beta 60x

Adams 4060 16* w/ Matrix F7M2s

Maltby KE4 Tour 19* w/ AXE Xcaliber Tour Hybrid TS

Adams CB1 3-PW w/ KBS Tour S Hardstepped 1x

Scratch 8620 DS TNC grind 53* & DS EGG grind 58* w/ Dynamic Gold S300

Ping Redwood D66 w/ KBS Tour Black Nickel

yeh ive had 3 rounds with logo down, and i find that im havin less distraction from the logo and im playg w a more neutral club face

Taylormade RBZ2 TP 9.5 Fuel 60

Ping i20 3 wood Aldila Nv

Adams Dhy 18*

Mizuno Mp59 4-p KBS Tour S

Vokey 50* 55* 60*

Scotty Cameron Select Newport 1.5

Ball - Z star XV

Oakley Stand Bag

• 1 month later...

Watch out turning the logo down with certain styles of grips , some of those multi-compound grips have cord material for the upper hand and the rubber-like compound for the bottom hand, if you flip the grip around to hide the logo, you can end up changing how the different materials align in your hands, i.e. less space for your uppper hand to grip the cord part of the grip, which isn't how the grip was designed. I learned this the hard way with Golf Pride Decade MultiCompound Cord grips. I re-gripped one club with the logo up and it definitely changed how the grip feels, for the better, now what do I do for the wallet?

Respectfully,
DHUCK WHOOKER

I just found out logo up works better for me. Suddenly, the driver sits in it's natural position when I grip it according to the alignment and they go straighter!

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

I have tried it both ways and it really dont make a lot of difference to me. I have normally use full cords but lately due to cost I have switched to the Tacki-Mac Tour wraps. the writing on the tour wraps comes off easily with varasol anyhow. One note of caution some grips have a spine on them and if you turn them backwards it will mess you up. I found out the hard way I had a set of Mizuno wraps and I thought it would look stupid on a Vokey wedge saying Mizuno so I turned them down. When I tried the wedges they felt funny to me. My friend who is an accomplished club fitter/teaching pro noticed what the problem was right off. I tie this mistake to old age.

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Watch out turning the logo down with certain styles of grips , some of those multi-compound grips have cord material for the upper hand and the rubber-like compound for the bottom hand, if you flip the grip around to hide the logo, you can end up changing how the different materials align in your hands, i.e. less space for your uppper hand to grip the cord part of the grip, which isn't how the grip was designed. I learned this the hard way with Golf Pride Decade MultiCompound Cord grips. I re-gripped one club with the logo up and it definitely changed how the grip feels, for the better, now what do I do for the wallet?

I've got Multi-Compounds on my woods and hybrid logo down and they feel the same to me. I wear a glove though.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Archived