Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Dynacraft Prohet Tour

ninjacobra

for 44 bucks a club n custom options would this club be comparable to the big name forgings?XFI303512_1_XL.jpg

Taylormade RBZ2 TP 9.5 Fuel 60

Ping i20 3 wood Aldila Nv

Adams Dhy 18*

Mizuno Mp59 4-p KBS Tour S

Vokey 50* 55* 60*

Scotty Cameron Select Newport 1.5

Ball - Z star XV

Oakley Stand Bag

Having tried many clubs, I can say that they definitely compare to the higher priced forgings. I love my Prophet forged clubs and can't say enough good things about them. They're even better in the hands of a lower handcapper than I, but by no means do I feel I suffer from them being blades instead of cavity backs.

I've owned them for a full season now, and my opinion of these blades has never waivered.

• SPY VIP

for 44 bucks a club n custom options would this club be comparable to the big name forgings?XFI303512_1_XL.jpg

We reviewed the Dynacraft Prophet Tour Forged earlier this season. The performance was on par with probably most any other iron in its class. I think the subjective scores suffered a bit because of the obvious lack of brand awareness. Overall, a very good iron.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

Is that actually a blade? I always thought there was an undercut cavity under that muscle?

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

• SPY VIP

Is that actually a blade? I always thought there was an undercut cavity under that muscle?

It's a slot cavity. Similar to a Mizuno MP-52/53.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

yeh it just looks so good and with the kbs and dynalite options it might be worth a try

Adams Dhy 18*

Vokey 50* 55* 60*

Ball - Z star XV

Oakley Stand Bag

and also a lil worried abt the manufacturin tolerances not that the oems are alws spot on bt 3 degs on the black prophet tours are unacceptable

Adams Dhy 18*

Vokey 50* 55* 60*

Ball - Z star XV

Oakley Stand Bag

• SPY VIP

and also a lil worried abt the manufacturin tolerances not that the oems are alws spot on bt 3 degs on the black prophet tours are unacceptable

Anomalies happen from time to time. Without excusing the issue, I will say that the rest of the set was within tolerances, and more importantly inline with what we tested from the majority of other OEMs.

We stopped doing spec check largely because we discovered that nearly everything we received was off by a little bit here or there (but within stated tolerances). The two exceptions where lie/loft were concerned were Miura and Solus. Both were dead solid perfect.

There is a full set of these irons in a shop I do some work out of, in Tempe, AZ. I'll check and see the set-up and price. If I recall, it was KBS shafts and $175 for the set. They were like new, and I remember thinking it sounded like a pretty reasonable deal. Did not know much about the Dynacraft line, but the "Forged CNC" caught my eye.

LaMont in AZ

Archived