Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Srixon Introduces the 2021 ZX Woods Lineup

Golfspy_CG2

There will be a nice piece on these by our own @GolfSpy Barbajo later this morning, but here's the official word from Srixon

Srixon Introduces the All-New ZX Woods,

Focus Your Energy

Srixon Introduces the All-New ZX Woods,

Focus Your Energy 

HUNTINGTON BEACH, Calif. — Dec. 7, 2020— SRIXON®, a global leader in golf equipment innovation, announces the launch of the all-new ZX Woods, tour-validated woods suited for the needs of golf’s best players. Srixon’s ZX Woods officially launch in North America on January 15, 2021.

ZX Drivers.jpg

ZX Woods 

ZX Woods were designed with one thing in mind: speed. ZX Woods help generate more speed and distance thanks to Srixon’s new Rebound Frame Technology. 

Rebound Frame Technology works by layering alternating zones of flexibility and stiffness that work in tandem to focus more energy into the ball at impact. The result is increased ball speed and distance off every tee. 

“Rebound Frame represents the best energy transfer system we’ve ever designed into a driver,” said Jeff Brunski, Vice President of Research and Development. “From the center of the face to the very rear of the club, we’ve tuned the clubhead stiffness to put more energy into the ball than ever before. The entire driver head works in harmony to provide an unprecedented rebound effect, giving you more maximum ball speed for more distance.” 

With assistance from our tour staff, Srixon’s ZX Drivers bring speed and power to the forefront. Both drivers feature a strong but lightweight carbon crown that is 15% larger than the previous generations. This new crown repositions mass low, deep, and around the perimeter, increasing MOI and forgiveness on every drive. 

The ZX7 Driver delivers total control due to a penetrating ball flight and adjustability features to give any player their desired launch conditions. Meanwhile, the ZX5 Driver delivers total confidence due to a larger footprint and flattened shape, with a single weight placed low and deep to help make ZX5 Drivers ideal for straight drives that launch high and carry far. 

The same powerful technologies, tour preferred shaping, and focus on speed are featured in the new line of ZX Fairway Woods and ZX Hybrids to deliver outstanding distance performance. 

The ZX7 Driver, ZX Fairway Woods, and the ZX Hybrids comes standard with the Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft, while the ZX5 Driver features the Project X HZRDUS EvenFlow Riptide Shaft. Every model in the new ZX Woods family features the Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360 Grip.

Key Innovations Inside ZX Woods:

Rebound Frame – By focusing more energy into the golf ball, Rebound Frame’s unique structure increases ball speed and distance on every shot, especially center-face impacts.

Lightweight Carbon Crown – A 15% larger carbon crown repositions mass low, pushing MOI up and increasing forgiveness.

Adjustability – A single weight port in the ZX5 Driver and two weight ports in the ZX7 Driver allows for adjustments to CG or swing weight, while an adjustable hosel provides variation in loft, lie, and face angle.

Crown Step – Featured in the ZX Fairway Woods and ZX Hybrids, the stepped crown lowers the center of gravity to optimize launch and increase MOI.

ZX Fairway.png

ZX Woods

ZX Woods were designed with one thing in mind: speed. ZX Woods help generate more speed and distance thanks to Srixon’s new Rebound Frame Technology.

Rebound Frame Technology works by layering alternating zones of flexibility and stiffness that work in tandem to focus more energy into the ball at impact. The result is increased ball speed and distance off every tee.

“Rebound Frame represents the best energy transfer system we’ve ever designed into a driver,” said Jeff Brunski, Vice President of Research and Development. “From the center of the face to the very rear of the club, we’ve tuned the clubhead stiffness to put more energy into the ball than ever before. The entire driver head works in harmony to provide an unprecedented rebound effect, giving you more maximum ball speed for more distance.”

With assistance from our tour staff, Srixon’s ZX Drivers bring speed and power to the forefront. Both drivers feature a strong but lightweight carbon crown that is 15% larger than the previous generations. This new crown repositions mass low, deep, and around the perimeter, increasing MOI and forgiveness on every drive.

The ZX7 Driver delivers total control due to a penetrating ball flight and adjustability features to give any player their desired launch conditions. Meanwhile, the ZX5 Driver delivers total confidence due to a larger footprint and flattened shape, with a single weight placed low and deep to help make ZX5 Drivers ideal for straight drives that launch high and carry far.

The same powerful technologies, tour preferred shaping, and focus on speed are featured in the new line of ZX Fairway Woods and ZX Hybrids to deliver outstanding distance performance.

The ZX7 Driver, ZX Fairway Woods, and the ZX Hybrids comes standard with the Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft, while the ZX5 Driver features the Project X HZRDUS EvenFlow Riptide Shaft. Every model in the new ZX Woods family features the Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360 Grip.

Srixon Hybrid.png

Key Innovations Inside ZX Woods:

• Rebound Frame – By focusing more energy into the golf ball, Rebound Frame’s unique structure increases ball speed and distance on every shot, especially center-face impacts.
  • Lightweight Carbon Crown – A 15% larger carbon crown repositions mass low, pushing MOI up and increasing forgiveness.
  • Adjustability – A single weight port in the ZX5 Driver and two weight ports in the ZX7 Driver allows for adjustments to CG or swing weight, while an adjustable hosel provides variation in loft, lie, and face angle.
  • Crown Step – Featured in the ZX Fairway Woods and ZX Hybrids, the stepped crown lowers the center of gravity to optimize launch and increase MOI.

Retail Information and Pricing

Pricing: ZX7 Driver - $529.99, ZX5 Driver - $499.99, ZX Fairway Woods - $269.99, ZX Hybrids - $229.99

U.S. Retail Launch Date: January 15, 2021

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

• Golfspy_CG2 changed the title to Srixon Introduces the 2021 ZX Woods Lineup

I always like the red & black color schemes of the Srixon woods. I also appreciate the adjustability vs the bonded Cleveland drivers, so there's that too. The 585/785 lines always seem to get good reviews while flying under the radar, I'd expect these to play really solidly as well.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

So with the last run they had some great no charge shaft options like the CK pro blue. There was no catalog update with this anyone have the word on when that is getting a refresh?

Driver:taylormade-small: SIM 10.5, Graphite Design Tour AD-XC 6X 

Woods:titelist-small: TSi2 16.5, Fujikura Ventus Blue 7X

Hybrid: :ping-small: G410 3&4H, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 95X 

Irons:titelist-small: T-100 3-PW, Nippon Modus 120 X 

Wedges: :mizuno-small: T20, DG TI S400, 50/56/60

Putter:  :EVNROLL: ER1.2 W/BGT Stability Shaft

Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1X-Optic Yellow

Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer

Hearing some great things about this line from someone who has had experience with them recently!!! I’m hearing that the drivers are legit, and DO compete with the big boys for output numbers. ZX5 will get a try in my hands at some point!

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Hearing some great things about this line from someone who has had experience with them recently!!! I’m hearing that the drivers are legit, and DO compete with the big boys for output numbers. ZX5 will get a try in my hands at some point!

Hearing the same thing. Hoping to actually try them in a few weeks during most wanted testing and see if they keep up with the big boys.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Always a solid release that gets little attention from non forum golfers. 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Just watched the video from TXG on these drivers and for whatever reason the ballspeed numbers weren't anything special.  The tester, Matt, was getting 169-170mph and he almost always pushes over 176+ mph ballspeed.  I know different days bring different swings but that's a pretty significant drop.  He was even getting 176 mph when he tested the Exotics EXS 220 Driver.

I was really hoping the Srixon's would be ballspeed monsters like they are claiming, but with one video review in so far, I'm not seeing that.

My bag is a revolving door!

Just watched the video from TXG on these drivers and for whatever reason the ballspeed numbers weren't anything special.  The tester, Matt, was getting 169-170mph and he almost always pushes over 176+ mph ballspeed.  I know different days bring different swings but that's a pretty significant drop.  He was even getting 176 mph when he tested the Exotics EXS 220 Driver.
I was really hoping the Srixon's would be ballspeed monsters like they are claiming, but with one video review in so far, I'm not seeing that.
I just watched this video as well and they said it was on par with the tsi driver. I admittedly don't watch all their videos but I would think they would talk about the drop in BS if what you are saying is correct.

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using MyGolfSpy mobile app

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

9 hours ago, cnosil said:

Hearing the same thing. Hoping to actually try them in a few weeks during most wanted testing and see if they keep up with the big boys.

Keep me in-the-loop. With Matt Blois hitting the ZX7 better, and Crossfield doing better with the ZX5, I’m curious to hear how folks feel about them after they get some swings.

8 hours ago, 03trdblack said:

I may be wrong here, but I think he only gets 176-180 when he’s going full-tilt. In his last TSi3 full fitting video, he was right around 170-171, which is true “game speed” for him.

CF03B0B8-2F19-441C-B904-C14457C72A48.png

5 minutes ago, PMookie said:

Keep me in-the-loop. With Matt Blois hitting the ZX7 better, and Crossfield doing better with the ZX5, I’m curious to hear how folks feel about them after they get some swings.

I was there doing a quick test last week and Phillip said that they were hoping to start the driver testing in a couple of weeks. 

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Just now, cnosil said:

I was there doing a quick test last week and Phillip said that they were hoping to start the driver testing in a couple of weeks. 

Wow! New 2021 stuff too??? Sim 2, G425, Callaway stuff???

35 minutes ago, PMookie said:

Wow! New 2021 stuff too??? Sim 2, G425, Callaway stuff???

Yep,  the start of 2021 testing. 

16 hours ago, 03trdblack said:

I'm guessing the tests that you're referring to are in the driver shootout/bracket.
The higher ball speeds were him ripping the driver as hard as he could during the shootout.
Club head speed averaged over 125mph within the shootout test. Matt's 'gamer' swing is around 115-118mph. These are the speeds seen in the ZX driver test (and the majority of other tests outside of the driver shootout).

Always best to ensure you're comparing apples to apples.

D | :cobra-small: | SZ Xtreme 10.5° - HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 6.0 60g | Setting: STD-Draw
3W | :ping-small: | 2014 Rapture 13° - HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 6.0 70g | Setting: 13.5°
3H | :Sub70: |  939X 19° - HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 90g | Setting: STD
4i-7i | :srixon-small: | Z585 - Nippon Modus 3 120X | 2° Upright, STD Length
8i-PW | :srixon-small: | Z785 - Nippon Modus 3 120X | 2° Upright, STD Length
W's | :cleveland-small: | RTX-4 - 52° MID, 56° FULL, 60° FULL
P | :odyssey-small: | TripleTrack - Double Wide - GP SNSR Tour Grip
B | :bridgestone-small: | Tour B XS /or/ :srixon-small: | Z-Star
G | GP Z-Grip

I'm guessing the tests that you're referring to are in the driver shootout/bracket.
The higher ball speeds were him ripping the driver as hard as he could during the shootout.
Club head speed averaged over 125mph within the shootout test. Matt's 'gamer' swing is around 115-118mph. These are the speeds seen in the ZX driver test (and the majority of other tests outside of the driver shootout).

Always best to ensure you're comparing apples to apples.

100% spot on here! In the latest video where he is tweaking his gamer he is swinging about 123. They even said in the Srixon video that the club was producing good ball speeds. Just means it is a club worth checking out if you want an new driver.

Ian Frasier commented back to me on YouTube and said that the floor at this location was softer than that of the Toronto location so Matt wasn't able to swing as fast... 🤔🤔

This was the same location that Matt hit the Autoflex shaft and was swinging out of his shoes so I dunno.  If the floor made that much of an impact, why would you install it and have it prevent your customers from being able to swing to their full potential? 

My bag is a revolving door!

10 hours ago, 03trdblack said:

Ian Frasier commented back to me on YouTube and said that the floor at this location was softer than that of the Toronto location so Matt wasn't able to swing as fast... 🤔🤔

This was the same location that Matt hit the Autoflex shaft and was swinging out of his shoes so I dunno.  If the floor made that much of an impact, why would you install it and have it prevent your customers from being able to swing to their full potential? 

Grass on a golf course is fairly soft. I'm guessing the softer floor more closely resembles what you're going to experience when you're actually playing golf.

D | :cobra-small: | SZ Xtreme 10.5° - HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 6.0 60g | Setting: STD-Draw
3W | :ping-small: | 2014 Rapture 13° - HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 6.0 70g | Setting: 13.5°
3H | :Sub70: |  939X 19° - HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 90g | Setting: STD
4i-7i | :srixon-small: | Z585 - Nippon Modus 3 120X | 2° Upright, STD Length
8i-PW | :srixon-small: | Z785 - Nippon Modus 3 120X | 2° Upright, STD Length
W's | :cleveland-small: | RTX-4 - 52° MID, 56° FULL, 60° FULL
P | :odyssey-small: | TripleTrack - Double Wide - GP SNSR Tour Grip
B | :bridgestone-small: | Tour B XS /or/ :srixon-small: | Z-Star
G | GP Z-Grip