541 members have voted

1. 1. Number of golf club brands in your bag

• (1) Loyal to the core
    • (2) Dipping my toes in other waters
    • (3) Trying new things
    • (4) I like to mix it up
    • (5+) variety is the spice of life!

8 hours ago, PingMD702 said:

I'd go crazy hahahaha! My OCD would kick in for sure! I couldn't even do different wedge colors of the same club hahah!

I used to be the same but the past two seasons I've played two brands in my wedges. (Callaway and Taylormade)  I've finally come to my senses 😄 and will be going one brand this upcoming season.  But I do get the OCD piece cause I'm fairly the same. 

• Like 1

BNewt51

:taylormade-small:  9* Sim  Hzrdus Smoke "Yellow" Handcrafted 6.5  (Best borrow I've ever made from a buddy)

:callaway-small:Epic Flash - 14* 3-wood Mitsubishi Tensei Blue X-stiff

:titelist-small: TSI2 19* Hybrid Tensei Blue X-Stiff

:taylormade-small: -P770 4-PW KBS C-Taper 120 S 

:taylormade-small: - 50* , 54* and 58* MG2 Wedges  Dynamic Gold Tour S200

:scotty-cameron-1: - Tour Select Square Back

:taylormade-small: - Taylormade Flextech Bag (Blue and Grey)

:taylormade-small: - TP5 and TP5 Pix 

Bushnell Tour V-4 - Non-Slope edition 🙁

*King of taking (borrowing) all my club ***** friends clubs after they've discarded them after a couple months! 🤣

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was just updating my signature and realize that I'm up to 7 different brands in my bag. This wasn't intentional and just happened. I don't really have much allegiance and don't fault those of y

I read, I believe on MGS, a long time ago the philosophy I've always ascribed too when I've played my best.  No one brand has all the right answers for anyones game.  I've currently got 4 brands repre

You have golf Drawers?! 🤣 

10 hours ago, PingMD702 said:

I'd go crazy hahahaha! My OCD would kick in for sure! I couldn't even do different wedge colors of the same club hahah!

You would have hated when I played Wilson's FG Tour wedges then, chrome in the 50*, Gunmetal Blue in the 56*, Black in the 60*

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

:mizuno-small: ST180, 10.5, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero, 14*, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:cobra-small: F9 Speedback, 17.5, Hzrdus Yellow 70-S

:ping-small: G710, 4-UW, Blue Dot, Nippon Modus 105-S

:honma: TW-W4, 56*, Nippon Modus 125

:mizuno-small: T20, 61*, Nippon Modus 125

🤮⛳   Flo-C

:titelist-small: Pro V1X, 2021 Model, #33

About 5 or 6:

Driver Tour Edge

Fairways Cobra

Hybrid Tour Edge

Irons Wilson

Wedges Wilson & Cleveland

Putter Slotline

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

Driver: PXG 0211 w/Evenflo Riptide CB Regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrid: Ben Hogan VKTR 3 Hybrid(18*) w/Recoil ES Hybrid(75 GM) regular shaft Irons: Wilson D7 5-PW w/Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore(50*/54*/58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Evnroll ER2 Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).  Pushcart:  Caddytek 3.0 from Costco

Bag #1

2 Brands

TaylorMade - Driver, 3W and Hybrid

Titleist - T-100S Irons, Vokey Wedges, SC Putter

Bag #2

3 Brands

TaylorMade - Driver

Cobra - 3W

Titleist - Hybrid, Irons, Vokey Wedges and SC Putter

• Like 3

Driver: :taylormade-small: SIM Max - 9*, Graphite Design Tour AD DI6 Stiff
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Diamana 75 Limited Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  4 - 6 T200,Titleist 7 - PW T100S, Nippon NS Pro 880 AMC Chrome Stiff
Wedges:  :titelist-small:Vokey SM 7 - 50*, 56*, 60*  Standard Wedge Shafts                                                                                                                                   

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5           
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1 X

PXG sure does have an ever growing fan base!  Everyone I know who has made the switch to them has commented that they are outstanding!  What made you give them a shot?

Short answer, I have owned just about everything else amd wanted something different. Long answer, I have a buddy on staff with them that set me up with their tour fitter and I really liked the irons and wedges a lot. The driver and hybrid have grown on me and never got along with the 3 wood. After one season these are the best irons I have played in the last 10 years hands down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 4

In the Bag for 2021

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5* AD TP 6x

:callaway-small: Rogue SZ 15* AD TP 7x

:callaway-small: Rogue SZ 18* AD MT 7x

PXG 0311X Gen 2 23* AD DI 95x

PXG 0311T Gen 3 5-6 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311ST 7 - PW KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 50/10 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 54/10 & 58/07 TTDG TI S400

:odyssey-small: Toulon Madison Stroke Lab 34"

2 hours ago, Jmikecpa said:

Short answer, I have owned just about everything else amd wanted something different. Long answer, I have a buddy on staff with them that set me up with their tour fitter and I really liked the irons and wedges a lot. The driver and hybrid have grown on me and never got along with the 3 wood. After one season these are the best irons I have played in the last 10 years hands down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome Brotha!  Tour fitter experience, you flat out couldn't do any better for your game tbh!  

But your comment about the last 10 years doesn't surprise me. I actually heard the same thing this year during our Club Championship.  We were comparing newer clubs (Mizuno to his PXG) A good friend of mine got an entire bag I think he said when they had the military discount going on, special pricing I believe.  He said hands down it was the best move he's made in years! 

Though that was in regard to the irons.  The woods were another story.  He wasn't completely sold on them yet and contemplating switching back to some of his others.  I suspect that was probably that new club reaction that we all get in the first season.  

Good stuff bro!

BNewt51

:taylormade-small:  9* Sim  Hzrdus Smoke "Yellow" Handcrafted 6.5  (Best borrow I've ever made from a buddy)

:callaway-small:Epic Flash - 14* 3-wood Mitsubishi Tensei Blue X-stiff

:titelist-small: TSI2 19* Hybrid Tensei Blue X-Stiff

:taylormade-small: -P770 4-PW KBS C-Taper 120 S 

:taylormade-small: - 50* , 54* and 58* MG2 Wedges  Dynamic Gold Tour S200

:scotty-cameron-1: - Tour Select Square Back

:taylormade-small: - Taylormade Flextech Bag (Blue and Grey)

:taylormade-small: - TP5 and TP5 Pix 

Bushnell Tour V-4 - Non-Slope edition 🙁

*King of taking (borrowing) all my club ***** friends clubs after they've discarded them after a couple months! 🤣

Well for me in the stages of experimenting only 5--- Put my signature to the side for now because more than likely It will be back

Driver Honma G1-X not going anywhere

4 wood Adams Tight Lies not going anywhere

5 Wood Old Adams Tight Lies kinda like the new ones just 15 years old

Irons 5 thru PW ( gasp) Honma G1-X XP-95 steel gasp again CBs

GW Callaway X Forged 52* God only knows what shaft rusty found on scrap pile

SW Cobra Phil Rogers Trusty Rusty 56* God Only knows what shaft too rusty found on scrap pile too

Putter 1997 Scotty Cameron Santa FE Bulls Eye Fluted shaft rusty and lead taped and yes found on scrap pile

Bag Old School Jones Original non stand

Balls depends either Srixon Soft Feel or Q Star or Cally Super Soft. I have won so many dozens in the past year in the Dogfights or 9 and dine I just grab what ever is at the top of the stack in the back of the Benz.

Gloves either Wally World Wilson or I have won a couple of Srixon in the events

• Like 2

Driver --- Honma G1-X Stock R Flex----  3W Callaway Steelhead UST Pro Force Gold 65 stiff--- 2 iron 1980 Macgregor VIP Nike R flex-------- Irons 3 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex shafts--- SW Cleveland 588 Sensicore S-400-- Putter Rusty Santa Fe Bulls Eye Fluted shaft-- Bag Old School Hoofer I had in the stash--- Goes along with my raggety persona

I always like to try different things.  Some manufacturers I have a biased towards and may not like one thing or another.  For example, unlikely that I'll ever have Taylormade irons.

Mine is a little mixed but nothing crazy.  I know my signature has this but I'll repeat.

Driver - Callaway, great driver - low spin for me and paired with the Ventus shaft has been more accurate with better average distance than anything I've ever had

Hybrids - Titleist 818 H2 2 (18) and 3/4 (21.75)  Love the look and can really trust my hybrid off the tee.  Do not carry a fairway wood at this time as I can top out on my 2 hybrid almost 250 so really never use a fairway wood.

4 iron - Mizuno MP 20 HMB - still getting along with this one.  It replaced the stock 4 iron I had in my set

5 - PW - Mizuno MP 18 SC - love these irons, simple as that.  Provide a great look with phenomenal feel and some forgiveness.

GW - Titleist SM6

SW - Titleist SM8  - Went with a higher bounce this year over previous.   Have been a Vokey guy for a while now.  The feel and weight are just what I'm used to I guess.

LW - Callaway Jaws - Tried this after seeing a lot of good reviews.  Like it, don't love it so far.

Hit Srixon irons for the first time a few years ago and was impressed as well.  With the new ZX7's coming out, it could be something I try.

• Like 2

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X

3 Hybrid: :titelist-small: 818H2 Fujikura Atmos TS Blue 8X

4 Iron - Srixon ZX 23* Recoil F5

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: MP 18 SC Dynamic Gold AMT X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:  image.png.cca2328f4144a299c795aa9b8f3bf677.png Inovai 6.0              :scotty-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"  

1 - Pinemeadow      |> putter

2 - Langert              |> driver   (third oldest in the bag)

3 - O'Donnell           |> hybrid fairway

4 - Ginty                  |> (an original) trouble club  (second oldest in the bag)

5 - TaylorMade       |> wood  (newest in the bag)

6 - MasterGrip        |> iron

7 - Dynacraft          |> iron

8 - Wilson               |> iron   (oldest in the bag)

9 - Worx                 |> hybrid wedge

10 (maybe) - Lovett  |> hybrid wedge  (might keep it but maybe not)

One day the stars will align and many of these will be replaced by a set of 1Iron Golf clubs.  Yes I know Saturn and Jupiter on December 21st will be so close as to look like one bright star.  But my "She who must be obeyed" star will not have aligned yet... ⛳🏌️‍♂️

• Like 1

Verified Hack, 28 handicap (down 2 in 2020) 🙂  Golfing for exercise and peace of mind.

|> Big Dogs: Langert Foiler Driver 8.75*, TaylorMade M3 3w, O'Donnell hybrids 10*, 15*, 19*, 27*, Ginty 29* trouble club

|> Blades: MasterGrip 3i & 5i, Dynacraft Copperhead 7i, Wilson 8i, Worx 55* hybrid wedge

|> Flatstick: Pinemeadow Z-ON M1   

|> App: SwingU/Looper   (Testing once again Grint)

|> Club: CoverLogoS-H c sm.png"The World's Greatest Golf Club Without The Course"  www.stickandhack.com

⛳.  :1590477705_SunMountain: C130 Supercharged 🌲  :Clicgear:3.5+  🌳  :taylormade-small:    🏌️‍♂️         EPLogo sm.jpg      StickHackLogo2021-uai-50x185.png.93cce20f8b531850ac1d2054c3d18cd3.png

2020 Official Tester - PuttUp mat logo_full_331d238c-3cab-4f84-ac72-d09e86f448c5_300x-25.png.11580987b80d9d26da7f04a31eadac9d.png

2021 Official Tester - Inesis Waterproof Grip Golf Shoes

2 hours ago, EasyPutter said:

1 - Pinemeadow      |> putter

2 - Langert              |> driver   (third oldest in the bag)

3 - O'Donnell           |> hybrid fairway

4 - Ginty                  |> (an original) trouble club  (second oldest in the bag)

5 - TaylorMade       |> wood  (newest in the bag)

6 - MasterGrip        |> iron

7 - Dynacraft          |> iron

8 - Wilson               |> iron   (oldest in the bag)

9 - Worx                 |> hybrid wedge

10 (maybe) - Lovett  |> hybrid wedge  (might keep it but maybe not)

One day the stars will align and many of these will be replaced by a set of 1Iron Golf clubs.  Yes I know Saturn and Jupiter on December 21st will be so close as to look like one bright star.  But my "She who must be obeyed" star will not have aligned yet... ⛳🏌️‍♂️

I know you and I have discussed your equipment set up before and as we discussed I like it. You have confidence in each and every stick

• Like 1

Driver --- Honma G1-X Stock R Flex----  3W Callaway Steelhead UST Pro Force Gold 65 stiff--- 2 iron 1980 Macgregor VIP Nike R flex-------- Irons 3 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex shafts--- SW Cleveland 588 Sensicore S-400-- Putter Rusty Santa Fe Bulls Eye Fluted shaft-- Bag Old School Hoofer I had in the stash--- Goes along with my raggety persona

Currently 

TM putter

Titleist driver

Callaway 3w

Alpha 5w

TM hybrid

Mizuno irons

• Like 2

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

my current bag and my sig line are not current any more.. 

have Taylormade for driver and 3 w .   Cobra for hybrid, callaway for irons , mix of callaway and vokey for wedges and just put a scotty phantom putter in the bag.  also have a Hogan wedge I throw in . 

DRIVER -  Ping G425 SFT Driver Tensei AV 55 Orange Reg Flex 

Woods -  Ping G425 7 wood  Tensei AV 65 Orange Reg Flex 

Irons - Cobra Rad Speed 1 Length UST Recoil 780 Smacwrap Graphite Reg Flex 

WEDGES-  Callaway jaws 52/56/60

PUTTER-  Taylormade FCG spider putter 34" 

BALL-  Pro V1x or Tp5X  -- trying to figure this one out.

Footjoy Tour S golf shoe 

My mixed bag is more from pricing and availability then anything else. I'm sure I could play just as well with an all Titleist bag. But I've got at least 6 brands now. 

Ping, Adams, Callaway, Srixon and Cleveland, Taylormade, EVNROLL.

• Like 1

2020 TESTER Ben Hogan UiHi 18* Utility Iron

• Driver: :ping-small: G410 Plus 9*, Oban Gold
  • Hybrids::adams-small:  Super XTD 17* Hybrid Fubuki AX:callaway-small:,  Apex 20* AD-DI 85S, Apex 23* Oban Purple
  • Irons: :srixon-small: Z585 5-6, Z785 7-PW, Modus 120s
  • Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX4 50, Modus 120x:taylormade-small:, Hi Toe 56 & 60, Modus 120x
  • Putter: :EVNROLL:  ER3 @ 33"

Need to update the signature, but I've ended the season with 6.

Callaway- Driver & Woods

Sub_70- Hybrid

Miura- Irons

Cleveland- 50* Zipcore

Vokey- 56* Sand/60* Lob

Bettinardi- Putter

Having serious thoughts about going away from hybrids and back to a utility iron since a new Srixon ZX "fell into my lap". 

• Like 1

Shanks 2021 WITB

O.B. Finder- Cally Epic Speed LS 🔹🔹🔹 Tour AD-HD 6S

3W- Sim2 Max Tensei Blue 7S

5W- Epic Max MMT 7S -OR- 2H- Ping G425 Max Nemesys 8S

4H- Apex 21 MMT 8S

5-AW- Miura CB-301 $-Taper 120S Blackout -OR- 5-AW- Apex 21 $-Taper 120S Blackout

SW/LW- Ping Glide Forged 54/58

Flat One- Scotty Phantom X6 Tour Stability Shaft

Pro V1X

Vessel Players III 

Wow, I love that the majority are 4+ brands. I see way too many one brand bags and find it so cringy (unless you are sponsored obviously). 

Anyways, 

8, soon to be 9 for me. Gotta earn your spot in the bag. Best of breed only. 

D-Honma 747.

3w-(formerly) PING G410LST

3h-Titleist 818 

4h-Adams proto (favorite club ever) 

5-PW - TM RBladez Tour (getting fitted soon so swapping these out) 

Wedges- Haywood Signature and Fourteen golf. 

Putter - Scotty/EVNROLL, depending on greens. 

9th brand will be my 51°. Eyeballing those Mizuno wedges or Callaway Jaws. They performed well in my limited tests.

Many have commented on my multi wedge brands. Years ago and a few times, I grabbed the wrong wedge and walked too far away from the cart. Having clearly different 51/55/60 wedges just makes it easier for me. Same logic for never playing ProV1s, life's too short for confusion on the course. 

Edited by Missiontoscratch

Good question to pose. Right now I'm down to 3 different brands. It's fun to find the right fit of clubs, whether it's a driver or irons or wedges.  Wedges, for me is a feel and always go back to Titleist. Something about the look, feel & performance. Recently stepped outside the iron box of forged and purchased the Callaway Maverick Pro Irons, new shafts - Elevate 105 S flex (swing speed has changed) lighter than Project X 6.0. I love them!  A lot of good clubs out there. Next try is TourEdge 3W.  

On 12/7/2020 at 12:51 PM, StrokerAce said:

I was just updating my signature and realize that I'm up to 7 different brands in my bag.

This wasn't intentional and just happened. I don't really have much allegiance and don't fault those of you who do; I *wholeheartedly* believe in the play-your-game-whatever-works-for-you concept.

This is my <current LOL!> breakdown:
TourEdge (driver)
Cobra (3W)
Callaway (SuperHybrid)
Titleist (hybrid)
Srixon (irons)
Cleveland (wedges)
Bettinardi (putter)

There is no right or wrong answer to this question, but out of curiosity, how many brands have you used or are using at one time?

• Like 1

Callaway Maverick Pro - Std Length, 5-PW & A Wedge - Elevate 105 stiff Steel Shafts-

Callaway EPIC 9.0 Subzero - set at 10.0 Draw bias - 6.0 Stiff Flex

Fairway Woods:  Callaway Maverick 3W & RazrX Black 5W - Stiff Flex

Rescue:  Bobby Jones 21 degree - stiff flex

Wedges: Titleist SM5 - 54 (M Grind) wedge flex; SM5 60 (S grind) wedge flex

Putter: Scotty Cameron - Select Newport 2

Ball: Titleist ProV1x

Handicap 0.6

Honma driver and irons

Titleist fwy

Callaway hybrid

Vega wedges

Edel putter