Need new driver!!

Welcome! Some more details would be helpful. Such as shaft flex length budget etc. for example I have a tour issue epic flash head 9.0 deg hot melt 5g in the back of the head to help with launch going for around $400 I am asking $350 shipped to your door...

• Like 2

Driver:taylormade-small: SIM 10.5, Graphite Design Tour AD-XC 6X 

Woods:titelist-small: TSi2 16.5, Fujikura Ventus Blue 7X

Hybrid: :ping-small: G410 3&4H, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 95X 

Irons:titelist-small: T-100 3-PW, Nippon Modus 120 X 

Wedges: :mizuno-small: T20, DG TI S400, 50/56/60

Putter:  :EVNROLL: ER1.2 W/BGT Stability Shaft

Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1X-Optic Yellow

Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer

Looking for a new driver I have the epic cannot hit it at all not close to the fairway. Looking into something a little more adjustable help me be more consistent. 
mizuno, ping, wilson, open to new options just need some help.

With a wide open question like that you're going to get a ton of widely varying responses. You'll also learn lots of great info about drivers here, but I might suggest a lesson with a pro first to define if this is a swing or club issue.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 3

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

You can waste a lot of money by just buying driver after driver. Either take a lesson or go get fitted for a driver. There could be a lot of different issues: golf swing, grip, driver shaft, driver head, etc. Got to dig deeper to prevent throwing away money.

• Like 8

Driver: :taylormade-small: SIM Max - 9*, Graphite Design Tour AD DI6 Stiff
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Diamana 75 Limited Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  4 - 6 T200,Titleist 7 - PW T100S, Nippon NS Pro 880 AMC Chrome Stiff
Wedges:  :titelist-small:Vokey SM 7 - 50*, 56*, 60*  Standard Wedge Shafts                                                                                                                                   

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5           
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1 X

If youre open to components I have a golfworks KE4 TC driver, Maltby UL shaft. Terrific set up I built for a buddy who decided to go a diff direction

Driver: Epic, HAZRDUS T55 reg

3 wood: Tour Edge CB4 16.5*, Kura Kage 60 reg

Hybrids: Srixon H45 19* & 22*, Kura Kage 70H, reg

Irons: Golfworks KE4 Tour+ 5-GW, Nippon 950h reg

Wedges: Golfworks M series yellow 54* Nippon 950GH, & 58* FST 115

Putter: TM Tour Spider red

Ball: Srixon Zstar

Bag: Sun Mountain 2.5

3 hours ago, Carter smith said:

Looking for a new driver I have the epic cannot hit it at all not close to the fairway. Looking into something a little more adjustable help me be more consistent. 

Hold off until the new stuff is out, which is just about a month away. Seriously.... But do a fitting!!!!!

• Like 4

Driver: :cobra-small: King F9 Speedback, Xphlexxx Busa 2 Liquid, XX stiff, 45”

Fwy:  :callaway-small: Super Hybrid 17*, Aldila RIP Alpha 105 S, tipped 1”

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 105X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4-10, :Nippon: Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

All clubs have :Arccos:  In the Winn Dri-Tac 2.0 Oversize grips

In my experience, a lesson would probably be the first thing to do. I took some last year to help with the same issue off the tee. Found that my stance wasn't open enough and my ball position wasn't forward enough. During the process I also got fitted and have went with heavier shafts across the board which have helped tremendously with dispersion. Hope this helps

• Like 3

Sub 70 699 pro irons, vokey/cleveland wedges, pxg proto driver, ping 3 wood, 910 hybrid. Bridgestone x

As others have said, it’s possible but unlikely your Epic driver is the primary issue. There’s a good chance a new driver won’t perform any better for you. I’d suggest

1) a lesson or two with a pro - who BTW should be able to tell you if your Epic is grossly misfit 

2) a quality fitting and then

3) a new driver if still needed.

• Like 4
  • Callaway Rogue 10.5° & 3W
  • Mizuno CLK 3H 19°, JPX900 Forged 4-GW, S18 56.10, S18 60.06
  • Evnroll ER5B (replaced ER2)
  • Snell MTB-Black
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT

Unfortunately there isn’t much information in your post that will help someone provide you with information. You problem is most likely swing related and not club related. if you want a new driver, all brands provide quality drivers; however, not all of them will be best for you. What do you want to adjust that you can adjust on you current driver? What level of consistency are you trying to achieve and is that desire even realistic?
  • Like 5

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  Bellum Winmore 787

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

45 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Unfortunately there isn’t much information in your post that will help someone provide you with information. You problem is most likely swing related and not club related. if you want a new driver, all brands provide quality drivers; however, not all of them will be best for you. What do you want to adjust that you can adjust on you current driver? What level of consistency are you trying to achieve and is that desire even realistic?

This happened to me a couple of years ago. I had a really bad slice and thought an adjustable driver would cure it. $399 later and I still had a really bad slice. One lesson with the Pro, who switched me to a stronger grip + a couple of other minor tweaks + lots of practice and the slice went away. 

@Carter smith, as someone who has spent hundreds of dollars on equipment that didn't make my game any better the $75. for my lesson was the best golf equipment expenditure I ever made. Oh and yes I did get fitted latter on, which improved my game as well,  but not as dramatically as the lesson. BTW, I ended up selling the adjustable driver that was supposed to turn my slice into a draw. 

• Like 6

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

9 hours ago, Nat said:

If youre open to components I have a golfworks KE4 TC driver, Maltby UL shaft. Terrific set up I built for a buddy who decided to go a diff direction

@Chip Strokes now it’s bleeding into the BST..... nooooooooo

• Like 1

Driver:taylormade-small: SIM 10.5, Graphite Design Tour AD-XC 6X 

Woods:titelist-small: TSi2 16.5, Fujikura Ventus Blue 7X

Hybrid: :ping-small: G410 3&4H, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 95X 

Irons:titelist-small: T-100 3-PW, Nippon Modus 120 X 

Wedges: :mizuno-small: T20, DG TI S400, 50/56/60

Putter:  :EVNROLL: ER1.2 W/BGT Stability Shaft

Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1X-Optic Yellow

Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer

I have a Krank Formula 5 driver for sale, 10.5 degree loft with the Tour Light shaft (regular flex) and headcover. Hits straight as an arrow (as long as you are pointed in the right direction, which is my problem!) Only asking $150 for it, in very good condition (no dents or scratches.)

01010_b4Zghmd19FF_0t20CI_600x450.jpg100C0C_dy90UqrMnS9_0t20CI_600x450.jpg

Marty

Krank Golf f11xx driver

Cobra Golf Fairway Woods (3, 5)

Tommy Armour Atomic Max Irons (4 - 9)

Tommy Armour Wedges (A, S, G, P)

Odyssey Works Versa Marxman Fang Putter

Mizuno JPX Fli-Hi Hybrid (3)

On 12/8/2020 at 8:14 AM, tony@CIC said:

This happened to me a couple of years ago. I had a really bad slice and thought an adjustable driver would cure it. $399 later and I still had a really bad slice. One lesson with the Pro, who switched me to a stronger grip + a couple of other minor tweaks + lots of practice and the slice went away. 

@Carter smith, as someone who has spent hundreds of dollars on equipment that didn't make my game any better the $75. for my lesson was the best golf equipment expenditure I ever made. Oh and yes I did get fitted latter on, which improved my game as well,  but not as dramatically as the lesson. BTW, I ended up selling the adjustable driver that was supposed to turn my slice into a draw. 

^^^Good post. I get tempted to buy a draw biased driver from time to time, most recently the BB B21, but I know it won't cure my swing faults. It may reduce my fade somewhat, but I don't believe any useable driver can cure a slice. If I bought one I'd expect my dispersion might move (very) slightly to the left, but it wouldn't reduce to left to right dispersion overall...

• Like 1
  • Callaway Rogue 10.5° & 3W
  • Mizuno CLK 3H 19°, JPX900 Forged 4-GW, S18 56.10, S18 60.06
  • Evnroll ER5B (replaced ER2)
  • Snell MTB-Black
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT

Before changing, go somewhere that has a variety of shafts you can try.

I bought an Epic Flash SZ and couldn't hit it.

I had access to a dozen  different shafts.

After about 10 changes, found the perfect one for me.

Best driver ever for me.

The shaft was the big deal.

• Like 1

Always chasing different clubs

On 12/16/2020 at 9:25 PM, Jackal said:

Before changing, go somewhere that has a variety of shafts you can try.

I bought an Epic Flash SZ and couldn't hit it.

I had access to a dozen  different shafts.

After about 10 changes, found the perfect one for me.

Best driver ever for me.

The shaft was the big deal.

What he said ^^^^^^^^  I was using a Callaway XR-16 with a white tie shaft, height was descent, then when the wife was hit big time with the golf bug, I came across a great deal on a women's f-8, so, while at the range I decided to try it, my best drive was about 20 yards shorter than my Callaway , but HIGH and Straight. So off to ebay, found a Men's F-8 with the same shaft, regular Aldila, NV 2KXV Blue, , little longer than my Callaway, but high and straight

• Like 1

DRIVER: default_cobra-small.jpg.125f3712aad21ad9f7ca2c672e34a299.jpg  Cobra F-8 set at 10.5,  Aldila NV 2KXV Blue 60 (R) 44 1/2 "

3 & 5 WOOD: default_callaway-small.jpg.a58e7c6760b71a9eb95d385ecc5d2200.jpg Callaway XR-16, Fujikura Speeder Evolution 565 Red (R) 

IRONS 5-SW: default_ping-small.jpg.b7606a25498d65282474c96f18d2debd.jpg PING G-700, 2 upright, std loft  Alta CB (R) + 1/2"

HYBRID 3-4:  default_ping-small.jpg.b7606a25498d65282474c96f18d2debd.jpg PING G-410, 1 upright,  Alta CB 70 Red (R) + 1/2"

PUTTER: Byron Experimental GSS

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/7/2020 at 7:06 PM, Carter smith said:

If a new driver is what you're set on I definitely recommend getting fit for one to best match your swing but if you're interested I've been tossing the idea around of selling my m6 for $230 or so.

Ping 410 3 wood

Nike sq 5 wood

Mavrik irons

Callaway wedges

Scotty putter

First, welcome to My Golf Spy, Carter smith, where you can Learn, Live & Love golf.

Second, you may not realize it, but your swing changes throughout the year. You have to struggle to try and keep it steady.

Thirdly, my course conditions change from very wet(Summer) to very dry(Winter). As such, I change my driver loft from 12* (Summer) to 10.5*(Winter). You may want to have more than one driver.

Finally, golf is a game. You will constantly try to change things to get it right. But that’s half the fun!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 4

Driver: PXG 0211 w/Evenflo Riptide CB Regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3-4W(16*) & 5-6W(20*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrid: Cobra F8 3 Hybrid(19*) w/Recoil ES regular shaft Irons: Wilson D7 5-PW w/Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore(50*/54*/58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Evnroll ER2 w/Evnroll Gravity Grip Bag: Vice cart bag(Black).  Pushcart:  Caddytek 3.0 from Costco Ball: Maxfli Tour CG & Titleist Pro V1x.

Welcome to the forums first off!

my only question would be prior to getting the flash did you have issues with the previous driver you owned? Would start there because you really seem to think it’s this driver which makes me think you didn’t have issues prior.....

• Like 1

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

WITB:

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ I :titelist-small: 48 SM8 - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125 S :odyssey-small: O-Works 1W I :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸