TESTERS WANTED! ×

USPS is seriously struggling

Chip Strokes

i’ve bought a LOT of equipment over the last few weeks, and so far USPS has delivered exactly one (1) item to me. 

here’s my list of outstanding items, in order of lateness:

titleist AP2 iron set: 1 day late

GD XC 7TX shaft: 1 day late

ping g400 lst head: 4 days late

hzrdus 75tx shaft: 4 days late

cobra speedzone 3W: 7 days late

sim rocket 3W: 7 days late

sim 8* tour issue head: inbound via UPS, due thursday

vokey sm7 wedge set: inbound via UPS

diamana ZF 60TX shaft: delivered!!

obviously learned my lesson on the last two.  UPS/Fedex only from now on  

no real point to this thread except to rant. USPS sucks. that is all. 

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

Last Friday we had a temporary mail carrier; young woman with Blue hair... I mean BLUE.  She was not in uniform, and she was not driving a USPS vehicle like our regular person.  She was driving a minivan, and it was loaded with boxes of mail and packages.  The usual carrier comes around 11:30-12:30; this lady arrived at 1:45pm.  She was not very organized, and there was no way she was delivering all that mail before dark, probably not before 8pm.

I've been getting all my Amazon packages on time or a day early from what they say is the delivery day when shipped.  The problem is if I order on Monday, Amazon doesn't even process the order for shipment until Thursday, so I get it the next Monday.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

8 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Last Friday we had a temporary mail carrier; young woman with Blue hair... I mean BLUE.  She was not in uniform, and she was not driving a USPS vehicle like our regular person.  She was driving a minivan, and it was loaded with boxes of mail and packages.  The usual carrier comes around 11:30-12:30; this lady arrived at 1:45pm.  She was not very organized, and there was no way she was delivering all that mail before dark, probably not before 8pm.

I've been getting all my Amazon packages on time or a day early from what they say is the delivery day when shipped.  The problem is if I order on Monday, Amazon doesn't even process the order for shipment until Thursday, so I get it the next Monday.

we’ve seen some of the undercover carriers like you mentioned.  regular cars, regular clothes, delivering packages

usps generally makes 2 passes here daily. 

first, a truck comes in the morning and delivers packages.  our regular mail lady drops off our letters and smaller packages around 5pm. 

lucky me gets to be disappointed 2 times a day 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

My mother in-law is a post master.  She feels your pain too.  They are required to cut hours of their people.  Even here, they could be out on their route, call them and say your done for the day, so we have to wait an extra day, this has happened 3 times that I can recall.  And they have been significantly impacted by COVID, like having to shut down, or have 1 person working because of a positive test.  Not trying to be a jerk at all, I am just a two sides to every coin type of guy.  I’d probably be more frustrated than you if I had to wait extra!

I am surprised that all of those things are shipping USPS, it is usually a bit more costly.

I too get frustrated when my stuff doesn’t get delivered, but it is usually UPS/FedEx they are late here. 😂

I try to make it a *Priority when I send stuff out to use the Post Office, it is just one of throes things I would rather not see fall in to a distant memory. 

* see what I did there?

10 hours ago, Kenny B said:

USPS failed to change with the times. Poor service and regular screw ups. I don’t know how many times a week we get the wrong stuff....how much mail have I missed? I had custody mail that didnt get delivered once and almost missed a court date. 
last week my wife ordered a few things and it was weird 1 came fedex the other 2 USPS....fedex delivered about an hour before usps came. We saw the car pull up drop the mail into the mailbox and drove off. Looked at the tracking and it said “undeliverable” or something like that.....they could have pulled in my damn driveway.

long story short I agree USPS is struggling hard

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

@Shanksterthanks for the perspective. i’m sure with everything going on, it can’t be easy to keep the mail running on schedule.

for what it’s worth - our mail carrier shows up at 5pm every day like clockwork.  you can pretty much set your watch by her which sucks because the only letter mail we really get is bills. 

it seems like packages are the real problem, and it seems like a big systemic issue.  some of the stuff i ordered has tracking updates that stopped updating 5+ days ago. they just say “sorted in (whatever location) and on the way to the next facility”

i don’t mind late packages too much as long as i’ve got some sort of idea how long they’re gonna be delayed.  for example here’s the tracking history for a cobra 3W i bought back on 11/26...

B3ED67F1-E972-4127-901E-4831800C375C.png

1 hour ago, Chip Strokes said:

@Shanksterthanks for the perspective. i’m sure with everything going on, it can’t be easy to keep the mail running on schedule.

for what it’s worth - our mail carrier shows up at 5pm every day like clockwork.  you can pretty much set your watch by her which sucks because the only letter mail we really get is bills. 

it seems like packages are the real problem, and it seems like a big systemic issue.  some of the stuff i ordered has tracking updates that stopped updating 5+ days ago. they just say “sorted in (whatever location) and on the way to the next facility”

i don’t mind late packages too much as long as i’ve got some sort of idea how long they’re gonna be delayed.  for example here’s the tracking history for a cobra 3W i bought back on 11/26...

B3ED67F1-E972-4127-901E-4831800C375C.png

I hear you.  My wife ordered something a few weeks back.  It got as close as our post office, then it was shipped back to a hub, sat there for a few days, then made its way back here.  But I think it was 10-12 days late... and yes I will say that is quite unacceptable.

1 hour ago, Lacassem said:

USPS failed to change with the times. Poor service and regular screw ups. I don’t know how many times a week we get the wrong stuff....how much mail have a missed? I had custody mail but get delivered once and almost missed a court date. 
last week my wife ordered a few things and it was weird 1 came fedex the other 2 USPS....fedex delivered about an hour before usps came. We saw the car pull up drop the mail into the mailbox and drove off. Looked at the tracking and it said “undeliverable” or something like that.....they could have pulled in my damn driveway.

They are struggling for sure.  

look what showed up this morning! behold the power of whining on internet forums!!!

9400376D-1169-4F97-978D-84AEAB4C50E7.jpeg.6b56ea7fd21edeaf854c5ca9c81b0d53.jpeg2EABE345-322A-41CE-9F5A-72982AD7A5D6.jpeg.67f34608a760359911807181dd8b0716.jpeg

still waiting on the sim and the cobra, which are the most frustrating delays

Covid has everything running as efficient as a 3 wheeled car. I feel for you guys and the people working. Luckily I havent had anything delayed but did receive a 3 wood, shipped USPS, with the box looking like it went a couple rounds with mike tyson. I was a bit worried.

20201130_171944.jpg

20201130_171914.jpg

20201130_171922.jpg

Intellectually maddening, soulfully satisfying 

1 minute ago, RaginCajun said:

Covid has everything running as efficient as a 3 wheeled car. I feel for you guys and the people working. Luckily I havent had anything delayed but did receive a 3 wood, shipped USPS, with the box looking like it went a couple rounds with mike tyson. I was a bit worried.

20201130_171944.jpg

20201130_171914.jpg

20201130_171922.jpg

holy hell! what did the club look like?

11 minutes ago, Chip Strokes said:

holy hell! what did the club look like?

Luckily, the club was fine. No visable cracks or kinks, but still felt the need for long sleeves and eye protection on the first full swing. 

I guess theres a trade off. Late and delivered by blue hair girl(not necessarily a bad thing), or on time with a mild heart attack. 

Currently waiting on a TSi3 driver which was suppose to arrive yesterday, but now shows no update on it's where abouts other than it's on its way. 

Also waiting on a Sim head which was shipped over a week ago but showed a status update that it arrived att he post office it was shipped from.

I'm very understanding that they are very busy, but I don't think that is the only issue. I had a new mailman a few weeks back, and he said to me, "I like doing it cause it's an easy job", meanwhile he mixed up me and my neighbors mail multiple times that week, which is why I approached him. 

B.C.  -  Before COVID, I used to have coffee in the morning at a restaurant with a postal worker.  He said that the Amazon shipments by USPS has slowed things up, but Amazon pays quite a bit for the service.  I can't imagine what it's like now that Amazon is a major supplier during COVID.  Wish I could ask him, but restaurants are closed... again.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

2 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

B.C.  -  Before COVID, I used to have coffee in the morning at a restaurant with a postal worker.  He said that the Amazon shipments by USPS has slowed things up, but Amazon pays quite a bit for the service.  I can't imagine what it's like now that Amazon is a major supplier during COVID.  Wish I could ask him, but restaurants are closed... again.

Amazon does a lot of their own shipping services now, at least in my area. So if anything that should help free things up a little this holiday season, but I think the issue is online shopping in general has skyrocketed due to COVID.  

USPS and FedEx are slow right now for me. UPS has been doing ok for me.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

50 minutes ago, wely324 said:

Currently waiting on a TSi3 driver which was suppose to arrive yesterday, but now shows no update on it's where abouts other than it's on its way. 

Also waiting on a Sim head which was shipped over a week ago but showed a status update that it arrived att he post office it was shipped from.

I'm very understanding that they are very busy, but I don't think that is the only issue. I had a new mailman a few weeks back, and he said to me, "I like doing it cause it's an easy job", meanwhile he mixed up me and my neighbors mail multiple times that week, which is why I approached him. 

Ive experienced a package dropping off the radar and randomly showing up on the doorstep. Hopefully thats the case for your TSi3, and sooner rather than later. 

Sometimes it feels like this guy is handling the mail...

1znt0u.jpg

4 hours ago, Lacassem said:

USPS failed to change with the times. Poor service and regular screw ups. I don’t know how many times a week we get the wrong stuff....how much mail have I missed? I had custody mail that didnt get delivered once and almost missed a court date. 

3 hours ago, Shankster said:

I hear you.  My wife ordered something a few weeks back.  It got as close as our post office, then it was shipped back to a hub, sat there for a few days, then made its way back here.  But I think it was 10-12 days late... and yes I will say that is quite unacceptable.

3 hours ago, Shankster said:

They are struggling for sure.  

I'm honestly surprised that we still have a postal service and that everything isn't mailed or shipped by private companies only (FedEx and UPS). The way the USPS is run and handled is horrible they constantly are in the red and are not allowed to change prices which means they are losing constantly and always under staffed.

25 minutes ago, tommc23 said:

I'm honestly surprised that we still have a postal service and that everything isn't mailed or shipped by private companies only (FedEx and UPS). The way the USPS is run and handled is horrible they constantly are in the red and are not allowed to change prices which means they are losing constantly and always under staffed.

The way the post office is run is horrible and they should probably be paying more to their staff and increase the cost of stamps. I get a package weighs more than a letter, but $0.55 is not enough for a single letter to cross country. Also, I wouldn't mind paying more if the workers were a bit more friendly. When I moved into my house there was a temporary mailbox sitting on the edge of my driveway wall/steps halfway between the street and my front door. After we finished fixing up the house and moved in we put a mailbox by our front door, like 99% of the neighbors on my street have. The mail person at the time who was a fill-in, due to our regular mailman being out sick, yelled at us from the road  that she isn't delivering our mail to us because we aren't allowed to move the mailbox from its current position, further from the road. So for the last 3 years we have a mailbox sitting halfway up the walkway to our house, on the ground. I honestly wish I didn't even have a mailbox, aside from the holidays and birthdays, it just gets filled with junk that ends up in the trash. 

cobra showed up today...things are starting to trickle in slowly. my sim 3w is still somewhere in outer space though 

AB56919A-9C62-4AB8-A1FF-DDB5B23DCD9C.jpeg

67B79F0B-440C-483D-A292-5B75E29A0398.jpeg

On 12/9/2020 at 12:49 PM, tommc23 said:

There are parts of the US where FedEx and UPS will not deliver and the USPS takes over for them from there. That would be very costly for those companies to get that infrastructure up to support very remote parts of the country and without federal mandates that they must then that could cause some major inequities, much like the current issue with lack of broadband access in rural states without enough customers to make it profitable. Just wonder what the profit margins of a UPS and FedEx would be if they met all the services of USPS.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

7 hours ago, ejgaudette said:

There are parts of the US where FedEx and UPS will not deliver and the USPS takes over for them from there. That would be very costly for those companies to get that infrastructure up to support very remote parts of the country and without federal mandates that they must then that could cause some major inequities, much like the current issue with lack of broadband access in rural states without enough customers to make it profitable. Just wonder what the profit margins of a UPS and FedEx would be if they met all the services of USPS.

I am surprised that the packages from UPS and FedEx didn’t come by Dog Sled in the UP.  Or at least a horse drawn sleigh.  Some of the places are extremely remote, yet the Brown and white vans still showed up... it’s crazy to think about what goes into delivering our goods.  The logistics involved is quite amazing when you think about it.  You order something from California and it is delivered 7 days later, to your front door.

I remember mail ordering skateboard parts as a kid that took months!  Hahaha

8 hours ago, Shankster said:

I am surprised that the packages from UPS and FedEx didn’t come by Dog Sled in the UP.  Or at least a horse drawn sleigh.  Some of the places are extremely remote, yet the Brown and white vans still showed up... it’s crazy to think about what goes into delivering our goods.  The logistics involved is quite amazing when you think about it.  You order something from California and it is delivered 7 days later, to your front door.

I remember mail ordering skateboard parts as a kid that took months!  Hahaha

It is crazy and I am sure they have expanded to more areas lately. Yeah it's complex to say there least

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

Not to get too deep in the weeds on this issue, but obviously COVID hasn't helped things for the USPS, as has the lack of support at any level from the federal government of the current administration and those before it, going all the back to the passage of the Postal Enhancement and Accountability Act in 2006. Since then they've run a deficit, add in two economic downturns of nearly historic levels and it's taken a tole.

I don't think I can link to it, so I won't, and I'm not sure how you feel about his politics, but John Oliver actually covered the issues of the USPS on Last Week Tonight this year and it's free to watch on Youtube. I recommend it to get a little deeper knowledge as to some of the problems, because as mentioned about, it's not as simple as full privatization of shipping, because that brings problems along with it as well.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

46 minutes ago, silver & black said:

Nice looking pup. What is he/she?

that’s my boy Winter. he’s a big dumb boxer 

D4913227-44C5-4A22-AA8C-9F9BE0DABE2D.jpeg

9DB8D1F3-30DC-4638-9596-17C99BA4C4A7.jpeg

Between Covid and Amazon taking priority over all other mail USPS is a total mess. I feel sorry for their workers.

Ping G430 Driver, 19° Hybrid, Ping Anser 23° Hybrid, Mizuno 923 Hot Metal 6-GW, Ping 54°&58° Glides, Scotty Cameron 5.5

Between Covid and Amazon taking priority over all other mail USPS is a total mess. I feel sorry for their workers.

Just reading a news article that both Fedex and UPS are ramping up for covid delivery. Between record online sales and covid, I'll bet we get further delays. Not that vaccines should take a back seat - just a comment.

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I join in the pain in this thread.  I ordered clubs for my wife (USPS) that are already over a week late.  We were hoping (very much assuming) to have them for a trip we're leaving to go on tomorrow.  Pretty disappointing.

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus, :Fuji: Ventus TR Black Velocore 6X.
3W: :taylormade-small: Sim Max, :accra: FX 2.0 200 M3.
3I-PW: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Pro, :Fuji: Axiom Velocore 105 X.
Wedges: 47*, 51*, 55*, 59*: Edison Forged Wedges, Mitsubishi MMT 125g TX.
Putter: :L.A.B.:  DF 2.1
Current Ball:  2022 Chromesoft X as recommended for me by :ping-small: Ballnamic system (highly recommended).
Previous Balls:  Z-Star Divide, Pro V1, Maxfli Tour, TM TP5 Pix, Pro V1x, Vice Pro Soft, Cut Blue ... (See Why!)
Accessories: Shoes: Asics Gel-Kayano Ace (Greatest golf shoes on the planet). Watch: Garmin Approach S60. Glove: Kirkland Signature.  Bag: MNML. 
Cart: Foresight Sports ForeCaddy Smart Cart (Unofficial Review).
Previous MGS Tester for: Kid Caddie