TESTERS WANTED! ×

USPS is seriously struggling

Chip Strokes

My side nets arrived today, but I haven't gotten out to try them. Inclement weather kind of ruined it for me but I'm just happy to have them. 

@Shapotomous I'm glad to see the Christmas card deliveries have arrived for you and to those you've sent them to. 

@tony@CIC @00sportsman, I feel for you guys and your wives Hallmark movie addiction. My wife is a unicorn and doesn't watch those or Rom-Coms in general. She'll watch Star Wars and all the Marvel Movies with me though. 

My side nets arrived today, but I haven't gotten out to try them. Inclement weather kind of ruined it for me but I'm just happy to have them. 
[mention=100208]Shapotomous[/mention] I'm glad to see the Christmas card deliveries have arrived for you and to those you've sent them to. 
[mention=68414]tony@CIC[/mention] [mention=76176]00sportsman[/mention], I feel for you guys and your wives Hallmark movie addiction. My wife is a unicorn and doesn't watch those or Rom-Coms in general. She'll watch Star Wars and all the Marvel Movies with me though. 

Glad your nets arrived. We’ve had some USPS struggles down here as well. We do have a really nice carrier who tries to help out as much as she can.

And hang on tight to that unicorn!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always try to remember that I'm not good enough to get mad!

My Bag:

:ping-small:  G400 Max

:ping-small:  G30 3W

:cobra-small: King S9-1 5W

:taylormade-small: Aeroburner 3 Rescue/Hybrid

:ping-small: G400  5-UW

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52* and 56*

:rife-putters-1: 2Bar Mallet

:ping-small: Traverse II Cart Bag

I think my doughnuts are lost!

So I ordered some protein donuts from a small company in Colorado. They shipped out a big batch to many customers on Tuesday. The company said that the tracking has not updated for any of the orders that went out. And these were sent via priority mail, so they should have arrived by now. My doughnuts are time sensitive!

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

• 1 month later...

Still waiting for my driver that left Florida last Friday, well before the storms hit. No update on it's whereabouts since then. Unfortunately I had no say in how the driver was shipped. Had I, you can bet your left one it would not have been through US post.

usps.thumb.gif.4d7e30eedd235ab88d7e2b3debb81a51.gif

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

4 hours ago, MattF said:

Still waiting for my driver that left Florida last Friday, well before the storms hit. No update on it's whereabouts since then. Unfortunately I had no say in how the driver was shipped. Had I, you can bet your left one it would have been through US post.

usps.thumb.gif.4d7e30eedd235ab88d7e2b3debb81a51.gif

If it makes you feel any better, I am having some stuff shipped from one of our South American plants using DHL. Shipping notice created Monday, cleared customs on Wednesday, and I just got the notice it'll be here before the end of today. My experience is DHL kills it with international shipping.

The good news for you is the weather is not exactly conducive to hitting the range just yet.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

11 minutes ago, MaxEntropy said:

If it makes you feel any better, I am having some stuff shipped from one of our South American plants using DHL. Shipping notice created Monday, cleared customs on Wednesday, and I just got the notice it'll be here before the end of today. My experience is DHL kills it with international shipping.

The good news for you is the weather is not exactly conducive to hitting the range just yet.

It's not, but I wanted to get to the range a few times before we leave for Florida in 3 weeks.

In the bag:
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Bag: 

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

We lucked out with recent mail. I sent my youngest a birthday card which had a gift card in it. It arrived on his birthday on the second so not to bad Florida to Ohio in 5 days with a holiday in between.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

During the election/Holiday period Snail Mail went dormant in FL took forever. Since January mail has been moving at an acceptable rate. We send a decent amount of mail to Ct and it’s now 3 days.
The Gkids are grateful!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Ordered my Peet's Kenyan and Ethiopian beans last Saturday.  I received a shipping confirmation on Monday 2/15 and was scheduled to arrive Yesterday 2/19.  UPS who is fantastic in Western, NY pushed it back to Tuesday, 2/23.  

It happens.  Weather, resources, people and the human element.  I had to cut down from 3 cups a day to 2 while I wait for it to arrive...I'll survive 🙂

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

On 12/8/2020 at 10:16 PM, Chip Strokes said:

i’ve bought a LOT of equipment over the last few weeks, and so far USPS has delivered exactly one (1) item to me. 

UPS/Fedex only from now on  

no real point to this thread except to rant. USPS sucks. that is all. 

So don’t use USPS?

I’m not a fan of USPS but in all fairness they have significant challenges that UPS, FedEx, DHL and others don’t have to contend with. USPS has to handle all first class mail (cards, letters, etc.), but they’re not allowed to set the prices themselves - so their income statements have been a mess for 20 years. To compound the problem first class mail volumes are down substantially due to the internet, so that revenue is off substantially - but USPS still has to deliver it. They aren’t allowed to address their issues, they’re between a rock and a hard place.

OTOH package volumes are up with online buying. If FedEx, UPS, DHL and the other package only services had to deal with (declining) first class mail it would be a different ball game for them, and their “postage” would be a lot more...

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys

1 hour ago, Middler said:

So don’t use USPS?

since making this thread i haven’t used them at all when possible. 

i’ve offered sellers on forums extra for them to ship UPS/fedex. 

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

For all those who are having difficulty with USPS I feel for you. Never easy waiting for packages. As of recently I haven’t had any issues with USPS. They’ve actually been pretty spot on. Call it good luck I suppose. Just wanted to throw it out there that I use pirate ship to cut down in shipping costs through the usps

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

I didn't read through the whole thread, but I will say, I've had better luck with USPS than UPS or FedEx historically.

Even as I type, I have a set of Alphard eWheels v2 enroute from the Chicago area to OKC.  It is late (I am fine with that since we had a record breaking snow/cold spell here last week), but for some reason it went from Olathe, KS to Dallas, TX yesterday.  That makes zero sense since it's traveling ground and more likely than not went down I-35 roughly 5 miles east of the FedEx distribution point here in NW OKC/Edmond.  There's no reason other than human error that it should have bypassed that point. 

I'm not gonna use it anytime soon, so I'm not as upset as I would be if it were May or June, but it's just stupid.

WITB:

Taylormade SIM2 Max 9° w/ UST ProForce V2 5F3 @ 45"

Callaway Epic Speed 4wd w/ AccuFLEX Evolution Reg

Dynacraft Genesis 3 hybrid w/ Steelfiber i95r

Srixon ZX5 4-6 and ZX7 7-GW w/ UST Recoil 95 F4 soft stepped once

Cleveland RTX Zipcore 54/10 w/ Recoil 95 F4 shaft

Cleveland RTX-4 58/03 w/ Recoil 95 F4 9i shaft

Odyssey SL EXO Marxman

Pondering:

Nothing at the moment

In the locker:

Too much to list

Just saw an update on my driver. It arrived in Akron at 2.27am this morning. So, with any bit of luck, I'll have it tomorrow, exactly 1 week late.

In the bag:

Bag: 

1 hour ago, MattF said:

Just saw an update on my driver. It arrived in Akron at 2.27am this morning. So, with any bit of luck, I'll have it tomorrow, exactly 1 week late.

So you'll be christening it in Florida 😊

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

On 2/20/2021 at 4:38 PM, Chip Strokes said:

since making this thread i haven’t used them at all when possible. 

i’ve offered sellers on forums extra for them to ship UPS/fedex. 

I do not use them either-- Had a bud of mine over on WRX send me 2 persimmon drivers as a surprise Christmas present. He mailed them in Indiana on Dec 8th. I got them at my house in SC January 15th or so. I did a complete club rebuild on a set of irons for a friend and he ordered parts from Maltby in Ohio. I told him if he wanted them built this year he needed to make sure they were shipped Fed Ex or UPS. He paid extra and had them shipped Fed Ex and they arrived to my shop 2 days later as advertised. I know a lot of the guys that do the classic club thing on FB are now shipping Fed Ex or UPS and encouraging others to do the same.

USPS only "company " that can lose 10 million one quarter and the Federal Government will give them 20 million to lose the next quarter

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

On 1/7/2021 at 7:18 PM, tony@CIC said:

Don't get me started on Christmas movie/ music and Hallmark Channel. My wife watches those movies from the beginning of October through early January emoji35.png. Hallmark Chanel has ruined Christmas for me.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

My wife is just the opposite--- She likes the old series Murder She, Wrote on Hallmark----- When they start doing the Christmas stuff they do not have her show and she is pissed

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

5 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

So you'll be christening it in Florida 😊

On course, absolutely! But you can bet your bottom dollar it'll get to the range before then.

In the bag:

Bag: 

• 3 months later...
On 5/29/2021 at 6:43 PM, tommc23 said:

Just filed a complaint through them because it’s been a month and my coffee and new chemex still say they are in California from Utah.

USPS found my package after I emailed them. Black Rifle customer service was awesome and helped me out I will continue to support them for that.

This company is not so bad. Most al people hate it because of the wait time. It has some advantages, for example, it is considerably cheaper, compared to other delivery companies. If you don't struggle with waiting a lot to get the parcel, you can use its service. Also, they give you a tracking code that can be used with every package tracker. You can always check the status of your parcel, and make some estimations when it approximately arrives. If you don't, just use the service of alternative companies like DHL or UPS.

Edited by krisgian