USPS is seriously struggling

On 12/9/2020 at 10:22 AM, Chip Strokes said:

look what showed up this morning! behold the power of whining on internet forums!!!

9400376D-1169-4F97-978D-84AEAB4C50E7.jpeg.6b56ea7fd21edeaf854c5ca9c81b0d53.jpeg2EABE345-322A-41CE-9F5A-72982AD7A5D6.jpeg.67f34608a760359911807181dd8b0716.jpeg

still waiting on the sim and the cobra, which are the most frustrating delays

I am eagerly waiting on a new war club delivery today (FedEx, Thank Goodness 😂) but that combo looks exceptional.  I am a huge fan of Graphite Design shafts, and that one looks like a MONSTAH!

• Like 2

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Project X HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 60 X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
:bridgestone-small: Tour B-RX

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Covid has everything running as efficient as a 3 wheeled car. I feel for you guys and the people working. Luckily I havent had anything delayed but did receive a 3 wood, shipped USPS, with the box loo

Don't get me started on Christmas movie/ music and Hallmark Channel. My wife watches those movies from the beginning of October through early January [emoji35]. Hallmark Chanel has ruined Christmas fo

look what showed up this morning! behold the power of whining on internet forums!!! still waiting on the sim and the cobra, which are the most frustrating delays

Posted Images

On 1/3/2021 at 10:11 AM, sirchunksalot said:

That's crazy! Hopefully they'll arrive soon. My mother-in-law was telling me her sister sent her a card with money in it about two weeks ago and it hasn't gotten here. 

You lose enough of those "cash" gift cards in the mail, and you'll discover EFTs and Paypal/Venmo, whatever.  My grandfather used to send me $20 in cash every birthday and Christmas.  He died in 2005, and that's about the time everyone should have stopped doing that.

• Like 4
  • :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS
1 hour ago, Shapotomous said:

A Christmas card sent to a friend in the next town over, 7 miles away, on Dec 11 just got there this past Saturday, Jan 2.  Even though the towns are that close, mail that is not in the same zip code goes to Baltimore for sorting.  In the not so distant past it would still only take 2 days to get delivered.

We still write checks and mail most of our bills so I am expecting a lot of missing payments and late charges to call about in the coming months.  I just hate linking our bank account to places that get hacked all too frequently.

I've been banking electronically and online for many many years, and I have yet to have an issue.  But I guess if you get hit with enough late charges, and have to spend too much of your time on the phone arguing with people who don't really care about you, you'll decide to switch to an electronic and automated means of bill payment.  Frankly, I trust the USPS less with delivering a payment then I would with sending it electronically over the internet.

• Like 2

Our oldest daughter is trying to establish some credit, so she applied for a credit card through her bank. It didn't show up, so she called and they cancelled the card and sent a new one. Sure enough, the original card showed up the day after she called. She still has not received the new card (about 3 weeks later), even though her first statement arrived Saturday.

• Sad 2

Driver: :taylormade-small: M5 10.5* (set at 8.5*) Tensei CK Orange
3W: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 15* Recoil 460ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-PW:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
AW: :mizuno-small:S5 52*
SW: :cleveland-small: Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW: :cleveland-small: Zipcore Black Satin 58*
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Marxman
Bag: :bridgestone-small: Tour B Stand Bag
Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

:SuperSpeed: Tester
Starting Driver Speed on PRGR Monitor: 102 mph

Final Driver Speed (end of Level 2): 120 mph

Beyond the USPS being slow through the holidays, etc, I'm thoroughly convinced that 75% of the working population takes at least 1 week off in the last two weeks of December.  And 50% probably take both weeks.

It's like Christmas music on the radio when I was growing up.  First it was just on Christmas Eve, then it played the week before Christmas.  Now we aren't even done with Halloween and they are airing Christmas movies on Hallmark, and then they play them again to have "Christmas in July."

The same with vacations and days off.  I imagine we'll just get to the point where we'll only have a 4 day work week, and just shut the country down from December 20th through the end of the year.

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, Mr. 82 said:

Beyond the USPS being slow through the holidays, etc, I'm thoroughly convinced that 75% of the working population takes at least 1 week off in the last two weeks of December.  And 50% probably take both weeks.

It's like Christmas music on the radio when I was growing up.  First it was just on Christmas Eve, then it played the week before Christmas.  Now we aren't even done with Halloween and they are airing Christmas movies on Hallmark, and then they play them again to have "Christmas in July."

The same with vacations and days off.  I imagine we'll just get to the point where we'll only have a 4 day work week, and just shut the country down from December 20th through the end of the year.

Sounds good to me 🤣 I am on board

• Like 2
  • Love 1

:SuperSpeed: Follow My Super Speed Progress Here 

:cobra-small: Cobra Speedzone Extreme 9° Mitshubishi Tensei AV Blue 65 Stiff Flex

:taylormade-small: '07 Burner 15° Reax 50 Stiff Flex

:titelist-small: 816 H1 18° Fujikura Speeder HB 8.8 Stiff Flex

:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Diamana S+ Blue 70 Stiff Flex

:ping-small:  I500 5 - UW Red Dot Dynamic Gold S300

:Hogan: Equalizer 52° (at 54°)/ 56° (at 58°) KBS Tour V 110 Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small:  Cleveland SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0

:ping-small: Hoofer Bag

Right Handed

I checked again today and saw movement on my order. It arrived in Atlanta this morning at 4. Progress! 

My main concern was it being lost in the mail, so at least I know it's still out there and should arrive within a fortnight. 

On 1/4/2021 at 10:33 AM, Mr. 82 said:

You lose enough of those "cash" gift cards in the mail, and you'll discover EFTs and Paypal/Venmo, whatever.  My grandfather used to send me $20 in cash every birthday and Christmas.  He died in 2005, and that's about the time everyone should have stopped doing that.

I agree with you 100%. My mother-in-law is the youngest of her siblings at 60 and I believe her sister is just used to doing things a certain way and not the most internet savvy. 

Funny story, my mom used to have a friend that had just gotten a laptop. She came to the house one day and realized she needed to check her email and was sad she couldn't do it there. I asked her why and her response was "my email is on my computer and I can only check it there". 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

They are catching up.....I think?!?!?!  We got two Christmas cards in the mail yesterday, one from Tampa, FL postmarked 12/21 and one from PA postmarked 12/28.  Friends texted they received our card yesterday too, postmarked Baltimore, MD 12/23, I mailed that one on 12/12.  😳

• Like 2

Modern Bag:  Ping G410+ 9*, Accra TourZ X265 M5;  Snake Eyes 18* & 23* Hybrids; Golfsmith Tour Cavity Forged 3i;  Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Cleveland Tour Action 49*, 53*, 57*; PX LZ 6.5 ;  Ping Heppler Fetch;  Ball - Snell MTB-X; Bag - Sun Mountain H2NO 

Classic Bag:  Driver - Wilson Staff Persimmon; 3w - Hogan Speed Slot; 5w - Wilson Staff Tour Block; 3 - pw - Staff Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

Don't get me started on Christmas movie/ music and Hallmark Channel. My wife watches those movies from the beginning of October through early January [emoji35]. Hallmark Chanel has ruined Christmas for me.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 4
  • Haha 4

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Don't get me started on Christmas movie/ music and Hallmark Channel. My wife watches those movies from the beginning of October through early January [emoji35]. Hallmark Chanel has ruined Christmas for me.

Oh, am I in the same boat. My wife watches them constantly. What’s worse is her sister does the same thing, and they spend time every night talking on their Amazon devices getting excited for the “new one.”

Fortunately I get to go in the bedroom and watch what I want undisturbed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

I always try to remember that I'm not good enough to get mad!

My Bag:

:ping-small:  G400 Max

:ping-small:  G30 3W

:cobra-small: King S9-1 5W

:taylormade-small: Aeroburner 3 Rescue/Hybrid

:ping-small: G400  5-UW

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52* and 56*

:rife-putters-1: 2Bar Mallet

:ping-small: Traverse II Cart Bag

My side nets arrived today, but I haven't gotten out to try them. Inclement weather kind of ruined it for me but I'm just happy to have them. 

@Shapotomous I'm glad to see the Christmas card deliveries have arrived for you and to those you've sent them to. 

@tony@CIC @00sportsman, I feel for you guys and your wives Hallmark movie addiction. My wife is a unicorn and doesn't watch those or Rom-Coms in general. She'll watch Star Wars and all the Marvel Movies with me though. 

• Like 5
My side nets arrived today, but I haven't gotten out to try them. Inclement weather kind of ruined it for me but I'm just happy to have them. 
[mention=100208]Shapotomous[/mention] I'm glad to see the Christmas card deliveries have arrived for you and to those you've sent them to. 
[mention=68414]tony@CIC[/mention] [mention=76176]00sportsman[/mention], I feel for you guys and your wives Hallmark movie addiction. My wife is a unicorn and doesn't watch those or Rom-Coms in general. She'll watch Star Wars and all the Marvel Movies with me though. 

Glad your nets arrived. We’ve had some USPS struggles down here as well. We do have a really nice carrier who tries to help out as much as she can.

And hang on tight to that unicorn!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

I always try to remember that I'm not good enough to get mad!

My Bag:

:ping-small:  G400 Max

:ping-small:  G30 3W

:cobra-small: King S9-1 5W

:taylormade-small: Aeroburner 3 Rescue/Hybrid

:ping-small: G400  5-UW

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52* and 56*

:rife-putters-1: 2Bar Mallet

:ping-small: Traverse II Cart Bag

I think my doughnuts are lost!

So I ordered some protein donuts from a small company in Colorado. They shipped out a big batch to many customers on Tuesday. The company said that the tracking has not updated for any of the orders that went out. And these were sent via priority mail, so they should have arrived by now. My doughnuts are time sensitive!

• Sad 2

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 4/27/2021
Driver:titelist-small: TSi 2 - Graphite Design AD-XC 6S
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:srixon-small: ZX5 5 - PW - Accra 95 icwt S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - Nippon Modus 105 Wedge
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Two Ball Ten S Tour Lines - 31"

• 1 month later...

Still waiting for my driver that left Florida last Friday, well before the storms hit. No update on it's whereabouts since then. Unfortunately I had no say in how the driver was shipped. Had I, you can bet your left one it would not have been through US post.

usps.thumb.gif.4d7e30eedd235ab88d7e2b3debb81a51.gif

• Sad 3

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSi2 Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0
Fairway: :Sub70: 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939X 3 Hybrid Project X Even Flow Riptide 6.0
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

4 hours ago, MattF said:

Still waiting for my driver that left Florida last Friday, well before the storms hit. No update on it's whereabouts since then. Unfortunately I had no say in how the driver was shipped. Had I, you can bet your left one it would have been through US post.

usps.thumb.gif.4d7e30eedd235ab88d7e2b3debb81a51.gif

If it makes you feel any better, I am having some stuff shipped from one of our South American plants using DHL. Shipping notice created Monday, cleared customs on Wednesday, and I just got the notice it'll be here before the end of today. My experience is DHL kills it with international shipping.

The good news for you is the weather is not exactly conducive to hitting the range just yet.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Driver: :taylormade-small: M5 10.5* (set at 8.5*) Tensei CK Orange
3W: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 15* Recoil 460ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-PW:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
AW: :mizuno-small:S5 52*
SW: :cleveland-small: Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW: :cleveland-small: Zipcore Black Satin 58*
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Marxman
Bag: :bridgestone-small: Tour B Stand Bag
Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

:SuperSpeed: Tester
Starting Driver Speed on PRGR Monitor: 102 mph

Final Driver Speed (end of Level 2): 120 mph

11 minutes ago, MaxEntropy said:

If it makes you feel any better, I am having some stuff shipped from one of our South American plants using DHL. Shipping notice created Monday, cleared customs on Wednesday, and I just got the notice it'll be here before the end of today. My experience is DHL kills it with international shipping.

The good news for you is the weather is not exactly conducive to hitting the range just yet.

It's not, but I wanted to get to the range a few times before we leave for Florida in 3 weeks.

• Like 2

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSi2 Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0
Fairway: :Sub70: 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939X 3 Hybrid Project X Even Flow Riptide 6.0
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

We lucked out with recent mail. I sent my youngest a birthday card which had a gift card in it. It arrived on his birthday on the second so not to bad Florida to Ohio in 5 days with a holiday in between.

During the election/Holiday period Snail Mail went dormant in FL took forever. Since January mail has been moving at an acceptable rate. We send a decent amount of mail to Ct and it’s now 3 days.
The Gkids are grateful!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 5

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Ordered my Peet's Kenyan and Ethiopian beans last Saturday.  I received a shipping confirmation on Monday 2/15 and was scheduled to arrive Yesterday 2/19.  UPS who is fantastic in Western, NY pushed it back to Tuesday, 2/23.  

It happens.  Weather, resources, people and the human element.  I had to cut down from 3 cups a day to 2 while I wait for it to arrive...I'll survive 🙂

• Like 1
  • PING G400 LST 8.5 Evenflow Black 65g 6.5
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Mizuno HMB MP20 3i Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Ben Hogan PTx Combo Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • TaylorMade MG2 TW 56 & 60 Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11.5
  • TaylorMade TP5

Western, NY

5.7 Index

On 12/8/2020 at 10:16 PM, Chip Strokes said:

i’ve bought a LOT of equipment over the last few weeks, and so far USPS has delivered exactly one (1) item to me. 

UPS/Fedex only from now on  

no real point to this thread except to rant. USPS sucks. that is all. 

So don’t use USPS?

I’m not a fan of USPS but in all fairness they have significant challenges that UPS, FedEx, DHL and others don’t have to contend with. USPS has to handle all first class mail (cards, letters, etc.), but they’re not allowed to set the prices themselves - so their income statements have been a mess for 20 years. To compound the problem first class mail volumes are down substantially due to the internet, so that revenue is off substantially - but USPS still has to deliver it. They aren’t allowed to address their issues, they’re between a rock and a hard place.

OTOH package volumes are up with online buying. If FedEx, UPS, DHL and the other package only services had to deal with (declining) first class mail it would be a different ball game for them, and their “postage” would be a lot more...

• Like 3
  • Callaway Rogue 10.5° & 3W
  • Mizuno CLK 3H 19°, JPX900 Forged 4-GW, S18 56.10, S18 60.06
  • Evnroll ER5B (replaced ER2)
  • Snell MTB-Black
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT