TESTERS WANTED! ×

Sneakerheads/Golfers... Favorite Shoe???

MuggaRich

ASICS hands down. They really feel like running shoes but with firmer soles, great support

Driver: Sim 9*, ventus blue 6R

3 wood: Srixon ZX

Hybrids: Srixon ZX 3H and 4H

Irons: Golfworks TS2, 5-GW (5 iron with UST Recoil F3; 6-GW, Nippon 950h reg)

Wedges: Golfworks TSW 52* and 58*, 52* Nippon 950GH, & 58* TT90

Putter: Odyssey Versa 12

Ball: Srixon Zstar

Bag: Sun Mountain 2.5

For me, I love the TW Trainer sole, so I still rock my TW13/14, then I love the Jordan 1 highs, Jordan Trainers and then the XII golf zoom soles and the XI golf soles. 3’s and 4’s are next for me Nike wise.

the adidas boost golf soles are great too

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

I liked the Nike 270G, but they were a bit narrow for me.  Also, there are only a few pairs that do spikeless with enough grip and those were not one of them.  My feet were sliding all over the place if any trace of moisture.

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

I love wearing my Jordan 1 low, 4s and 5s, but think the Footjoy Premier Series- Field and Packard are the best walking golf shoes.

:titelist-small: Linksmaster bag  

:titelist-small:  TSR3 11° Fujikura Ventus TR Red 6 stiff

:titelist-small:   TSi2 16.5° and 21° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-7 stiff 

:titelist-small:  T200 Utility Build 22° Graphite Design Tour AD 85 HY stiff

:titelist-small:  2021 T200 5-P Nippon Pro Modus³ Tour 105 stiff

:vokey-small:  SM9 48.10F Nippon Pro Modus³ Tour 105 stiff52.12F Nippon Pro Modus³ Tour 120 stiff and 58.10S Jet Black Premium True Temper AMT Black-Black Onyx S300

Scotty Cameron   2022 Special Select Jet Set Newport 34" 350g

ArccosSig.jpg.ebcfd079607adabd46a71d6125ee2ab6.jpg P3 sensor, Caddy Smart grips, and Apple Watch

:titelist-small:  ProV1x

On 12/14/2020 at 1:53 PM, Camille Bissarro said:

Thus far it's been a toss up between the FJ DryJoy Tour and Adidas 360 Tour Boost. I walk mostly, and the Adidas are the most comfortable shoes underfoot, but kinda ugly too, at least to my eye. The DJTs are not as cushy, but the stability and aesthetics are better. I had a pair of FJ Icon MyJoys for a little while this fall (see below). They were pretty comfortable underfoot, but the shoe proved too wide in the end, and I returned them. However--and I realize beauty is in the eye of the beholder--they looked boss indeed:

myjoys.jpg.5d703354d7995921ed9c371941c7abdd.jpg

Those are soooo nice. My favorite brand is Tuk shoes to bad they don’t make golf shoes, they make awesome shoes.image.jpg.4a2cb239ca3ea95d0ca4e3d068d71bd8.jpg

Ping G 400 Max 10.5   
willwood irons 4 to pitching wedge Edisonwedges 49 53 57

taylormade big toe 60

Toulon design Las Vegas 

•  

As long as it has a FJ logo on it I am good.  For comfort and stability you just cannot go wrong.  I am a big fan of their new Premiere line of shoes, which are like the classic shoes but very lightweight and come in spikeless and with spikes.  They do make some a great line of cool soft athletic waterproof shoes, with spikes and spikeless.  Amateur and pros approve.  Number one on tour.       

Driver - TSi3 10.75* - Fujikura Speeder 661 TR

Fairway - TSi2 14.25* - Fujikura Motore Speeder VC 6.1 

Fairway - TSR1 17.0* - Fujikura Vista Pro 65S

Hybrid - TSR1 20.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75  

Hybrid - TSR1 23.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75

Irons - T350 (2023) - 6-48W - True Temper AMT Red 95g-107g

Wedges - Vokey SM9 - 52.08F, 56.10S - True Temper AMT Red 94 

**  GolfPride MCC +4 Midsize Grips  (all woods/irons/wedges)

Putter - 2023 Scotty Cameron Super Select Squareback 2 35" 

**  Superstroke 1.0 Pistol Grip  

Golf Ball - TITLEIST - Prov1s (2023)                                                         

Golf Bags - TITLEIST  - Cart 14 (black), Mid Size Tour (black/white)

Golf Glove - FootJoy (StaSof), Shoes, Apparel and Outerwear        

Rangefinder - Bushnell Pro XE

I’m dying to buy a pair of Payntr X 002 LE’s after they did so well in the latest MGS spikeless tests. But they’re only available online and in some independent green grass stores so far, so I don’t know what size I need, and they don’t do free returns. Evidently they’re also working on selling them thru PGA Superstores. I may just order now and risk having to pay for a return…

BD6B38B1-BFE7-472A-AB0F-0DD2E9EACA68.jpeg

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys

1 hour ago, chisag said:

... I read where a marginally wise man said:

"Need…Want…I mean, those are synonyms in golf equipment purchases…"

It was fresh in my head OK! 🤣🤣🤣

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

On 12/8/2020 at 8:26 PM, MuggaRich said:

The Vice/Adidas merger got me thinking about this. What is the best sneaker/golf shoe you’ve used or are currently wearing. I’m looking at the Jordan 5 low golf shoes on Stock X. Thoughts?

8A800093-0CBD-415F-8DD7-8B4DE20699F7.jpeg

I have these in Black, I love the way they look but the suede was NOT a good idea for golf. The black looks dusty as hell after a few holes. Especially during pollen season. 

I have the Jordan Cement 4 Golf (also one of my favorite colorways in regular Js)

image.png.01f33371b73c7e2ab05163408557e5ac.png

I HAD the Jordan golf 13s but felt the low top shape just made them look like AliBaba counterfeits

image.png.694fc808f0974de2ae993e76589b209e.png

These are my favorites right now I wear them every chance i get

image.png.6b4eab35bd47d74c0f7ccd3d89f64822.png

my DREAM shoe is the Chicago Jordan 1s, but the resell market for those is downright CRIMINAL. They're $2500 in my size!!! 

image.png.6c2d1c5cb998a6a79449760513f18115.png

I cosign all the airmax 90 golf shoe comments. Those are some of my favs too.

I might not play good, but my gear is always dope 😆

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Max LS with Autoflex X-stiff 

3-Wood: :ping-small: 425 Max w/ KBS TD 60

Irons: :taylormade-small:P790 w/ X-stiff True Temper DG 105

Hybrids::taylormade-small: DHY Utility Irons 4 & 5

Wedges::taylormade-small: MG3 w/ KBS Black Wedge Shaft (50, 54,58)

Putter: Cure RX5 w/ P2 React Grip

I’m wearing old but look new (well taken care of and always rotated) four pairs of Nike Zoom Trophy. No break-in required, perfect fit, and maybe Nike’s best design ever. Waterproof leather, lightweight, and solid-as-a-rock base. One all white, one each brown/black saddles, and all black. Perfect! 

I wear the Ecco Biom Hybrid 3...I have 2 pairs, a white and charcoal (winter). They are extremely comfortable, very soft leather, grip great, and the Gore-Tex makes this shoe as dry as a bone! Ecco on-line runs their shoes on sale at the end of the season, and occasionally on their FB page they will have a code for additional savings on sale shoes, with free shipping. I've tried other brands that claim waterproof or water resistant, but when I was done with 18 holes my feet were soaked. Never with Ecco and Gore-Tex. Freddie had the new Ecco Biom Hybrid H4's at The Masters.

Certified Club Fitter.

Ping G425 Max Driver 10.5° w/Fujikura Ventus TR

Ping G425 Max 5-7-9 Fairway Woods w/Ping Alta CB

Ping G425 Irons 5-U w/Ping Alta CB (Power-Spec Lofts)

Ping 4.0 Eye2 Glide Wedges 54°-58° w/Recoil SmacWrap

Ping Redwood ZB Putter w/PP58

PING Pioneer Cart Bag

Lamkin Sonar+ Wrap Mid-Size Grips

On 12/8/2020 at 8:26 PM, MuggaRich said:

The Vice/Adidas merger got me thinking about this. What is the best sneaker/golf shoe you’ve used or are currently wearing. I’m looking at the Jordan 5 low golf shoes on Stock X. Thoughts?

8A800093-0CBD-415F-8DD7-8B4DE20699F7.jpeg

My nephew got the gunmetal grey AJ5 golfs & seems to love them.  I have air max 1 golfs & think they're great, they look awesome & feel super comfortable to me.  They are spikeless so best for dryer summer conditions, but I've even worn them in a little moisture & they still perform fine.  Very very rarely I will slip a bit on back foot with uneven lies & a little moisture.

PXL_20220325_190419372.jpg

KMac the duffer, the chronicles of a hacker trying to break 90.

Adidas Solarthon PrimeBlue Limited Edition.  Best golf shoe I've ever owned.  

image.png.5a90263fb7776d45766335abcd6275ba.png

Tour Edge Exotics EXS Pro 8.5*, HZRDUS Smoke Yellow XS

TaylorMade Original One Mini Driver/2W 12.5*, Elements Chrome XS

Callaway Super Hybrid 17*, Aldila Rogue 95 MSI XS

Maltby KE4 Tour TC Hybrid 20*, KBS Tour Steel XS

Mizuno JPX919 Hot Metal 5-SW, Project X LZ Tour S

Titleist Vokey SM7 60*/D

Evnroll ER5 Hatchback

the jordan 5's are comfortable as you would expect from the basketball heritage.  They are not super stable - just so so on that, but suffice in most conditions.  Biggest drawback of the pictured pair is the dirt you get under the plastic layer on the side of the shoe.  played them in the muddy conditions a couple times and it's not worth it.  I'm too OCD about keeping them white.

I play a pair of Jordan ADG 2 most rounds.  perfect for me, but most reviews call them too unstable. these are the ones I'm willing to muddy up.

The Janoski spike less is my favorite to wear from office to the course.  Again dry days only.  Suede doesn't handle the water too well, but the skateboarding background makes them extremely comfortable.

Image 2 - Nike Janoski G Golf Shoes AT4967 002 Wolf Grey  (MEN'S 7.5) Spikeless *NO BOX*

ROGUE ST MAX 9* - Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 65 Graphite stiff

GBB Epic Pro Tour 15* - Matrix Radix HD 7 stiff

Cleveland Mashie 20.5* - Miyazaki 5G Stiff

PXG O211 4-G - Steelfiber I95 Stiff

Callaway Mac Daddy CB 54* & 58* - KBS shafts.

PXG Battle Ready Bat Attack - PXG Multi-Material M16 Putter Shaft plumbers neck 

My feet were designed by a committee so my options are rather limited. So anything I’d describe as being cool looking isn’t really an option for me. Nike and Adidas are completely out of the question. My favorite are Skechers. I currently wear Skechers Go Golf Elite Tour SL. They are very comfortable and don’t look too bad. There are some New Balance that look promising. 

:ping-small: CB-P226 Hoofer Cart Bag

:ping-small: G400 Max 10.5° w/Ping Alta CB

:PXG: 0311 XF 3 wood 16° w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue

:PXG: 0211 19° Hybrid w/Project X Even Flow Riptide

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

:vokey-small: SM9 54°/12° D and 58°/12° D w/KBS Tour 110

:EVNROLL: ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Forum Test

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Forum Test

:Snell:  MTB prime

:Clicgear: 3.5+

BTW, Back in 1991 the Jordan 6 infrared was the first symptom of my sickness.  I saved the $150 and wore the soles out on them.

Picture 1 of 7

I still think that that is the best looking of all Jordan sneakers, so when they re-released a couple years ago I had to have them.  I won't put holes in them to make them into golf spikes, but if I ever see Pat Perez rocking a pair of those babies, not sure I can be stopped from ripping them off his feet 🙂  

ROGUE ST MAX 9* - Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 65 Graphite stiff

GBB Epic Pro Tour 15* - Matrix Radix HD 7 stiff

Cleveland Mashie 20.5* - Miyazaki 5G Stiff

PXG O211 4-G - Steelfiber I95 Stiff

Callaway Mac Daddy CB 54* & 58* - KBS shafts.

PXG Battle Ready Bat Attack - PXG Multi-Material M16 Putter Shaft plumbers neck 

20 hours ago, CrzyQbn@me.com said:

I’ve always loved my Addidas golf shoes but got the Squairz a few weeks back and I love them!

I just can’t wear Squairz off GP. Nick Faldo just isn’t cool to me 😂

Copped some new ball markers from Etsy 😍ABDA48B6-C7D2-4485-9687-5E5F20E7C780.jpeg.28a627c818f529f274316441dffdc33a.jpeg

2 hours ago, jfull1914 said:

Yeah, the Squarez just don't do it for me either... but the ball markers are cool.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

For most of my golf life I have been a cleats only golfer.  I bought a pair of Nike Pegasus Trail 3 Gore-Tex shoes for everyday shoes.  I was working at the desk in the Pro shop and a member asked me if he could try out a wedge as a demo.  My shift was ending and the owner told me I should go out and play nine with him and help him with the wedge.  I had rained.  I got excited to play and went and grabbed my clubs and we hit the course.  I played the entire 18 and never slipped.  These Nike trail shoes had great traction, awesome support and the Gore-Tex kept my feet dry.  In past usage I found spike less golf shoes bended to get clogged up on wet days leaving them slippery and unstable.  

Driver: Titleist TSR 3 10* Accura TZ6 M3 65g

Fairways: Callaway Rogue 15* & 19* Matrix Ozik TP 6 HD stiff 

Hybrid: Titleist TSI 4 & 5 Hybrids Mitsubishi Tensi AV 65 HY X stiff   

Irons:  KZG Forged III 6-P Accura iS7 (Refinished and regrooved)

Wedges: Cleveland CBX  50*, Taylormade MG 3 Tiger grind 56 bent to 54/10 & Taylormade MG 4 Tiger grind 56 bent to 58/14

Putter: Positive Putter's Custom P2 (think Edel putter meets Heavy Putter)

Ball: Callaway Chome Tour                        

All clubs have Winn Dri-Tac Wraps oversized

I have been rocking a set of Nike Lunar Controls for a long time. They never failed me, always were comfortable and kept my feet dry. There was a gap of getting out on the course for a bit so that probably allowed me to get some more life out of them. I also got a set of Nike Roshe spikeless shoes a few years ago that I mainly use for the range or simulator. They do the job but I am  concerned how they would feel during a full round. Light, comfy enough for limited use. 

The Lunar Controls are still are an amazing shoe but I have been debating a LONG time of getting a new pair to add to the mix. The whole 'need vs want' argument came into play for a while, surprised I held off this long.

Finally I went on a bit of a shopping spree this past weekend to prep for a golf trip next week. Wanting to be prepared with a another set of shoes just in case (and use it as an excuse to get new shoes) I FINALLY made a purchase. I tried on quite a few options and were quite disappointed in a lot. Either super narrow or just uncomfortable. In the end I got the PUMA ProAdapt Alphacats. First set of PUMAs ever for me so I am excited to see how they work out. 

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M2 D-Type, 9.5 degrees, (Stiff flex) (Golf Pride MCC +4 grip)

3/4W -  :cobra-small: King F6 Black 3-4 Wood (Stiff flex) (Golf Pride MCC +4 grip)

4H -  :callaway-small: Rogue (Stiff flex) (Stock grip) (Golf Pride MCC +4 grip)

4-AW -  :callaway-small: Steelhead XR Irons (Stiff flex) (Golf Pride MCC +4 grips, 7i with Winn Dri-Tac X Grip) 

SW -  :callaway-small: 56* X-Wedge

60* -  :callaway-small: MD4 Wedge

Putter - Odyssey White Hot RX #7

Bag -  :callaway-small: ORG 14 cart bag

I'm almost exclusively a spike/soft-spike guy, and got way too much into golf shoes a few years back -- found some at really good discounts (mostly in brick and mortar, non-golf stores, randomly) that I just had to get, and got to try several different kinds.  Currently have FJ Tour S, Adidas Tour360, Nike Infinity G or Roshe G Tour, FJ FreeStyle (the blue, orange, neon ones that were allegedly designed to imitate a tree frog), and UA Spieth 2 and 3s.  I want to transition into the FJ Tour S, and wear them sometimes, but honestly I just can't get out of the Spieth 2s.  Most comfortable, well-fitting, dry golf shoes I've ever ever worn.  I got the Spieth 3s because I thought that'd be the next logical progression, but I can't ever seem to wear them instead of the 2s.  Might wear the 2s until the sole wears thin.  Most important thing to me is that I firmly believe I play better in them too, can turn better or something, but I'm sure this is primarily psychological.

The FJ Tour Ss aren't bad, and I'll use the Nike Roshes for walking on wet days, the FJ FreeStyles for walking on dry days.  (I find the FreeStyles provide almost no protection against wetness, no matter what the company says.)  Finally, have to say, I love the look of the Adidas Tour360, but was/is one of the most painful shoes I've ever worn.  Walking or riding, I could never get these things to work out and I was frequently in somewhat significant pain by the back 9.  

Just my 2 cents.  Was intrigued by the "sneakerheads" title to this thread -- have to say I'm guilty.  Appreciated reading the other replies, especially about the Jordans, which look massively cool on HVIII and Bubba but appear way too high-top for me.

Driver: Taylormade M3 9.75 degree w/ Diamana BF Series 4th Gen. (4th Gen. BlueBoard)/Cobra Speedzone (Black, White, Red) 9.5 w/ VA Composites VYLYN 55 Three

3W: Taylormade Sim Ti 15 degree w/ HZRDUS Black HC 5.5 62g

3H-4H: Taylormade Aeroburners/Ping G425s

5i-PW: Taylormade RSi1/Callaway XR OS

GW: Cleveland RTX-3 CB 52 degree

SW-LW: Callaway PM Grind 2019s

Putter: Odyssey Black Series #1/Odyssey Black Series Tour Designs #2/Odyssey White Hot Pro (original) #1

Ball: ProV1

Bag: Taylormade Supreme Cart Bag

On 4/16/2022 at 5:54 PM, jfull1914 said:

On 4/17/2022 at 11:31 AM, CrzyQbn@me.com said:

LOL I don’t care about Faldo. The shoes are super comftorble and I feel like they help me with my weight shift.

I don't mind Faldo, but I get the sentiment - I won't buy anything that DeChambeau promotes.

A buddy of mine bought Squairz, and he absolutely loves them, though he doesn't buy into the ridiculous more distance nonsense.

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys

Just purchased the Skechers Go Golf Arch fit in white. Seems comfortable out of the box at $110.00. There's a gppd amount of rubber by the toes. I am hoping it provides support and protection for a former broken toe with arthritis.

Edited by NC Golfer

I bought Two pairs of Duca del Cosma about two months ago and love them.

39C12ECD-3132-4EBD-B188-6277814010F1.jpeg

7A146E82-0088-47D5-AA12-41F49D2C4D07.jpeg

• :callaway-small:Paradym AI Smoke Max Ventus TR Blue Velocore 5S
  • :callaway-small: Callaway 4 Wood Stiff
  • :Sub70: 7W 949 stiff
  • :mizuno-small: 921 JPX Tour 4-GW Stiff Nippon 120
  • :taylormade-small: MG4 Raw Grind 50, 56 & 60 Stiff
  • :ping-small: Ping Anser 2 putter 
  • :titleist-small: Pro V1
  • EZ Go 4 seater
  • image.gif.1ef282d0e92fa71eedc2dd14b1005808.gif