TESTERS WANTED! ×

My Golf Spy Ball Lab Report-Bridgestone Tour B RX

Golfspy_CG2

I'm really interested in this one, as it's the one ball from their lineup that should "fit" my swing speed.  Share your thoughts below. 

https://mygolfspy.com/ball-lab-bridgestone-tour-b-rx/

a photo of the bridgestone tour b rx golf ball

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

The compression variation caught my eye.  I remember hearing the old thought to "seam" an old ProV off the tee to get a little boost in distance.  This ball seems to contrast the old saying with the poles being higher in compression than the seams.

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

I've always like Bridgestone balls and clubs for that matter. However, I've never gotten along with the RX balls but that's not to say they are bad because I know some people who swear by the RX line. I've always had a hard time getting the spin I want off shorter shots and around the green. I would compare them to a TM Project (a) or other "non-tour" urethane three piece balls. What is the category for balls like the Project (a), and other urethane versions of non-premium balls? I don't know. 

I played this ball this summer and tested it during the Golfball.com align test and really liked it .. was surprised by the below average compression issues doesn't seem like it was a deal breaker but def surprised...

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver Tensei AV Blue or  :ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: King Speedzone Black Yellow Fairway 3 wood Tensei AV Blue 65 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:titelist-small: T300 4i-GW - Tensei AV Blue AM2 Regular Flex  or :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter - BGT Stability Tour Black shaft 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

:cobra-small: Ultralight Cart Bag 

1 hour ago, Kansas King said:

I would compare them to a TM Project (a) or other "non-tour" urethane three piece balls. What is the category for balls like the Project (a), and other urethane versions of non-premium balls? I don't know. 

Bridgestone's marketing seems to be trying to disrupt the distinction you're talking about. Where other companies have "Tour Speed" and "Project (a)" and "Q Star Tour" for mid-market urethane or non-Tour urethane, I think Bridgestone would say all four of their Tour B models are premium as you've got folks like Lexi and Freddy playing the R-line. The differentiation is swing speed vs price point, I think. And as we saw with the difference between, say, Z-Star and Q Star Tour, it very well could be a QC differentiation as well...

Driver: :srixon-small: ZX5 LS MkII 9.5* (@ 9.0*) with 46.5" Ventus Blue 6X
3-wood: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* with Diamana Limited 75S
5-wood: :cobra-small: RADspeed 18.5* with Motore X F3 60S
2i: :srixon-small: ZX with SteelFiber i95 Stiff

4hy: :titleist-small: TS3 23* with Tensei AV Blue 70 S
4i-7i :srixon-small: ZX7, 8i-PW Z-Forged, Modus3 Tour 120 S
50*, 55* :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Modus3 Tour 125
60* :cleveland-small: RTX Full Face ZipCore DG Spinner S400
Putter: :callaway-small: Toulon Chicago with a :garsen: Quad Tour or :cleveland-small: HB SOFT Milled 10.5S with UST All-in

Ball: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour (but I might still have some :titleist-small: Left Dashes hanging around)
Bag: :srixon-small: Ltd Edition Tartan, blue/green/yellow

Using :ShotScope: to keep track of my shots

Tested:
:wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 3i-PW, KBS Tour-V 110S - Official Review
:titelist-small: Blind Ball Test (Ball #3 vs Ball #4) - Unofficial Review
:ShotScope:
 V3 GPS Watch + Tags - Official Review
:OnCore:
 Vero X2 - Official Review

The Stack System - Official Review

The older version of this ball was the one I was fit into multiple times across several years of in person bridgestone ball fittings. 

Im supposed att get compression variation from a company that owns the entire ball

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Bridgestone's marketing seems to be trying to disrupt the distinction you're talking about. Where other companies have "Tour Speed" and "Project (a)" and "Q Star Tour" for mid-market urethane or non-Tour urethane, I think Bridgestone would say all four of their Tour B models are premium as you've got folks like Lexi and Freddy playing the R-line. The differentiation is swing speed vs price point, I think. And as we saw with the difference between, say, Z-Star and Q Star Tour, it very well could be a QC differentiation as well...

It’s starting to seem like the quality control is what we’re paying for more than the “ingredients”.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Good to know the quality is superior in the Bridgestone line. I loved this ball when it was the B330RX. I wonder how much it's changed since.

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

If I was playing a "tour level" urethane ball on the reg, this would be the one. Glad to see it rated highly, unlike the QST which had previously been a ball I played on and off. After that review, now I know what it's priced where it is.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

I truly love these reviews, and I hope Tony does a 2020/21 version of the "Best Ball" analysis (from April 2019). That analysis is what turned me on to MGS in the first place - I wasn't happy with my ball at the time and those charts helped me streamline my search. I ended up with the Bridgestone Tour BX, which I still play and still love.

One aspect I'd like to see in these reviews is putter interaction. I'm not sure how feasible it is, but with so many 'alternative' putter face materials out there it is a big unknown when evaluating balls. for instance, if I play a putter with a hard face material, but I want a ball that spins less with my driver, how do I find that balance?

WITB: p770 (2018 vintage) 4-PW, Mack daddy forged 50, 54, 58, Newport2, woods hybrid in flux

One aspect I'd like to see in these reviews is putter interaction. I'm not sure how feasible it is, but with so many 'alternative' putter face materials out there it is a big unknown when evaluating balls. for instance, if I play a putter with a hard face material, but I want a ball that spins less with my driver, how do I find that balance?

There was a discussion about putter interaction earlier this year. You can search to find it. The basic finding after the OP contacted several OEMs is that the putter has the biggest influence and that the ball itself has little impact. Through my own experimentation, I found no difference in ball speed with different balls and the same putter. While feel may be different you will get the same performance off a putter.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

22 hours ago, Tsmithjr9 said:

Good to know the quality is superior in the Bridgestone line. I loved this ball when it was the B330RX. I wonder how much it's changed since.

Take Dead Aim

I was fortunate to get some of these balls (and the RX S) early in the Summer and played them all season.  First, I think they are fantastic!  Long off the tee, hold their line through the wind, and stop nicely on the green.  I don't think I generate enough wedge speed to have noticed much spin difference in the short game to be honest, but they do spin nicely.  The cover durability was exceptional.  I was a huge fan of the previous generation as well, and I can't see me playing any other ball until Bridgestone improves this model again.

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2 0211 15* 3W Mitsubishi Tensei Raw Blue 65-S
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex

(These two are gonna fight it out in early "24 to see who stays in the bag...)

:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
MX21TOURYLW_NOCOLOR_FRT.jpg.79e37b9c329b3d3a644cb61d2746a057.jpg

:ping-small: Hoofer Camo Stand Bag

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

On 12/9/2020 at 1:18 PM, 2puttbogey said:

It’s starting to seem like the quality control is what we’re paying for more than the “ingredients”.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

BINGO!!!

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour