TESTERS WANTED! ×

2020 Official Member Review: Top Flite Gamer Golf Balls

GolfSpy MPR

On 12/15/2020 at 4:13 PM, Tom the Golf Nut said:

So far the ball is doing well on half wedge shots, chipping around the green and bunkers. Actually very well. I haven't check the spin rates yet. I didn't want that information in my head. I wanted to play and test it just like I would play normally.  As an example if I have 100 yards in and that's a full swing with my gap wedge, will the Gamer be long? The ball is supposed to be longer. So far it is holding up identical to the Pro V1. It is not longer for me, but it's also not shorter. I will post more test results tomorrow. I have the driver test complete, the 160 yard test, and 27 holes of golf with the same two balls so far ( A Pro V1 and a Gamer)  No spoilers.. To be continued tomorrow!  No lost balls so far so you can see durability results. 

No Spoilers, but sounds like it is at least keeping up in most respects.  Love the level of detail you are giving and the various aspects of testing you are putting it through -- well done !

I noted in your signature, that we are the same in having regular flex shafts in everything else, with stiff shafts in our irons.  I was fitted for my irons, and went in thinking I would get the MMT 70 Reg flex, but the fitter said I have a quick transition, and the 80 Stiffs worked better for me.

Edited by Tom D.
addition

I'm decidedly brand agnostic -- but a bit less so with my recent change from a PING driver

:titelist-small: - TSi2 10.5 Driver - Tensei AV Raw Blue 55 R

:titelist-small: - TS2 4W - Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6 RS TS2 7W - Alta CB 65 R

:cobra-small:- Baffler 23* - Aldila NV-HL 65 R

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg - Original Series 0211 - 5-PW - MMT 80 S

:cleveland-small: - CBX2 50 / 54 / 58 - Rotex

image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png - Directed Force 2.1 (Nickel) - KBS Tour - Press No. II 3*

:Snell:- MTB  Black

datrek-brand_1456761019__86876.original.jpg.7c24f9ae71c7730ce29a828226731487.jpg - DG Lite II cart bag attached via Top-Lok to image.png.77fe07cbfea697deca64bd4a4263a151.png - Quad XL and Tracked by :ShotScope: - V3

On 12/15/2020 at 8:29 PM, DJ Mico said:

For me, the Gamer is performing similar to the other balls in the bag in all those respects. I feel like the Gamer spins less and doesn't grab onto the club like my urethane balls, but it doesn't perform any different in terms of how much it releases or holds on the green for me. If I expect the ball to run, it runs. If I played for the ball to stop, it did. Unfortunately, I don't own a launch monitor to do any statistical comparisons.

The feel of the ball while chipping is a bit different than any other ball in my bag. While balls like the ProV1x, Tour BX, TP5x, Chrome Soft X, etc. feel firm, they usually feel soft on the cover, but then you get a firm feeling from the core. With the Gamer the cover feels firm at first, but then the core has a softer feel.

That is an interesting juxtaposition.

I'm decidedly brand agnostic -- but a bit less so with my recent change from a PING driver

:titelist-small: - TS2 4W - Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6 RS TS2 7W - Alta CB 65 R

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg - Original Series 0211 - 5-PW - MMT 80 S

image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png - Directed Force 2.1 (Nickel) - KBS Tour - Press No. II 3*

datrek-brand_1456761019__86876.original.jpg.7c24f9ae71c7730ce29a828226731487.jpg - DG Lite II cart bag attached via Top-Lok to image.png.77fe07cbfea697deca64bd4a4263a151.png - Quad XL and Tracked by :ShotScope: - V3

On 12/17/2020 at 6:57 AM, Jackal said:

I didn't take any pictures, but with just some quick putting comparisons, the gamer seemed to have a 'click' at impact with putting.

With some chipping around the green it had more roll-out than the other balls.

Balls we compared to were : Prov1, Chrome soft, TP5, and Callaway Superhot.

When putting both up & down hill, the Gamer rolled farther with the same\ similar strikes.

Putting, it was similar to the TP5x.

When we get some warmer & dryer days, we will get some pics and distance tests.

My parter for testing is my 17 year old son.

He is a 2 hcp golfer, with a 124mph swing speed with driver.

I hope y'all don't mind a 2 for 1 testing.

Updates coming soon.

(NOTE: This particular day was 40° F and was very humid\ wet feeling.)

Just can't beat two-for-the-price-of-one !👍

A few years ago I tested the new Vice Pro Soft. I played 8 holes with 4 balls(Vice, Titleist, Calloway & Wilson). I measured the drives for distance and in fairway. I measured approaches to the pin. I measured putts made. It took an entire afternoon but the data came away with Vice as best for me. I had a lot of fun that day.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

13 hours ago, Tom D. said:

No Spoilers, but sounds like it is at least keeping up in most respects.  Love the level of detail you are giving and the various aspects of testing you are putting it through -- well done !

I noted in your signature, that we are the same in having regular flex shafts in everything else, with stiff shafts in our irons.  I was fitted for my irons, and went in thinking I would get the MMT 70 Reg flex, but the fitter said I have a quick transition, and the 80 Stiffs worked better for me.

Thank you, I try to do a good evaluation. 

I don't quite understand how I can be fit differently either. My driver is a soft regular, which is basically a senior flex. Then transition to regular in fairway woods then stiff in irons. But the important thing is it works for me. I hit everything straight. Well except for my three wood. Its either straight or a 10 to 15 yard fade at the end. I'm trying to figure that out.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

17 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Sand Play,  During my second full round of golf. I dropped a second ball in the sand trap next to the green and one fairway bunker. I got 10 shots on the same ball during the test. Once theball was washed it looked almost new again. There was one spot that was a little rougher than the rest of the ball, but you really had to look for it. See photo

IMG_1239.jpg.4dd7219369ce08e439c4c23b524247fb.jpg

Now for the ball I was using for all tests and two rounds of golf. This ball has about 200 hits on it. Two rounds of golf, gap and PW testing, 160 yard testing, driver and putting testing and a couple of sand shots from course play. Once cleaned up the only thing I could find is this one very slight impression line. No scuffs, paint loss or anything else you would typically see.  I did skull a 56 degree once and I'm sure that's where the line came from. The Pro V1 that I was testing this ball against did not hold up as well.

My course only has cart paths by the tee box's and by the greens on most holes. I havent hit a cart path yet to see how the bal holds up to that.IMG_1238.jpg.5c980ddc38f8eb1e27eb70fe472ce996.jpg

So for durability the Top Flight Gamer with its ionomer cover holds up much better than the balls that it is trying to compete against using urethane.

On Course Performance,  I only have two full rounds completed so far. The hardest part of testing so far is getting over the fact that I am intentionally teeing up a Top Flight!  Back to the results! So the first round was side by side comparison. I alternated shots so one ball was not benefiting from always getting the experienced guy taking the second shot. I did not find that one ball was better than the other for scoring. I wanted to see more but I didn't. The differences were so slight that I couldn't put my finger on one thing or another. Maybe just the sound between the two. Plus you add in that there is the human factor and I'm not a testing robot.

Once that first round was completed I just played the second round with the Gamer. Its a little cooler these days so there is an extra layer of clothing involved. On the Gamer only round I shot a 71. I didn't have to make any adjustments to my game.  What I mean by this is, I didnt have too compensate for additional roll out or use a different club. I just played golf. I'll see how the weather will be tomorrow but I do have a round scheduled for Wednesday because it will be mid 50's before another cold front comes in. I have another single digit player with me on Wednesday. He agreed to play the Gamer as well. So I will get his opinion. We are pretty competitive with each other so this should be fun.

Good review Tom! I'm just noticing these have the dimple in the dimple pattern much like the B RX.  Apparently this is not a patented design?  This is from the Bridgestone website.  This is fodder for the Computational Fluid Dynamists amongst us 😆.

image.png.6fa353349996c5280bcf3255b9308ad3.png

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Played another 18 today with the same ball. Still holding up well for durability. Glad I haven't lost it yet! It was overcast and in the lower forty's when I played this morning. So far out of all the play and testing, today was my negative day. With the cold temperature the Top Flight Gamer felt like the old top rocks!  It felt hard and sounded hard. Distance was shorter with every club today. So in order to qualify this I had fo test it against the Pro V1, Pro V1x and a TaylorMade TP5.  These balls maintained their normal distance for me. So on hole 11 I teed up the four balls. The results were that the V1 and TP5 was about 15 yards longer. The Pro V1x was about 20 yards longer. On hole 18 I tried to rip one with the Gamer.  By putting my all into it I got back to the compression feel and sound of when it was warmer out but still was about 10 yards shorter than where I normaly play my approach shot from.  It was cold air and three layers of clothing. I don't normally play under 45 degrees but it wasnt just me. I also had 145 yards into hole # 13. This is inbetween a 9 iron and an 8 iron for me. I hit the PV1 first and was center of the green with the 8 iron. Then hit the Gamer and was just short of the green by about a foot. Comparing the balls made me feel more comfortable in giving a negative for playing this ball in cold conditions.

It will be in the upper 50's on Wednesday and I'll see if performance goes back to normal.

11 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Thank you, I try to do a good evaluation. 

I don't quite understand how I can be fit differently either. My driver is a soft regular, which is basically a senior flex. Then transition to regular in fairway woods then stiff in irons. But the important thing is it works for me. I hit everything straight. Well except for my three wood. Its either straight or a 10 to 15 yard fade at the end. I'm trying to figure that out.

I think most of us would give up some body part to be able to say they hit everything straight with the exception of a 10-15 yard fade on our 3 wood ! 

I can come up with a couple of extraneous organs to go toward that cause🤣

The email sent out this morning from MGS about LPGA WITB matching better for most average male golfers than the PGA tour bags, was quite interesting.  Brooke Henderson has regular flex shafts in her fairway woods and hybrids, and stiff shafts in her irons (just like us - except we're not winning any $ on a golf tour).

9 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Good review Tom! I'm just noticing these have the dimple in the dimple pattern much like the B RX.  Apparently this is not a patented design?  This is from the Bridgestone website.  This is fodder for the Computational Fluid Dynamists amongst us 😆.

image.png.6fa353349996c5280bcf3255b9308ad3.png

I noticed the dual dimples as well. My usual ball is the Tour B X, so I don't mind the double dimples on the Gamer. I have noticed reviews on the Gamer around the web saying the dimples are weird or distracting, but they do not bother me.

Based on my research, it appears that Callaway has a patent to the double dimple design. https://pdfpiw.uspto.gov/.piw?docid=07250012&PageNum=1&&IDKey=2B661A64BB7F&HomeUrl=http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO2%26Sect2=HITOFF%26p=1%26u=%252Fnetahtml%252FPTO%252Fsearch-bool.html%26r=2%26f=G%26l=50%26co1=AND%26d=PTXT%26s1=11%252F554,184%26OS=11/554,184%26RS=11/554,184

Driver:titleist-small: TSR3 9° (Fujikura Ventus TR Red 6X)

Woods: (3W:titleist-small: TSi2 15° (Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 7S); (7W:callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 21° (Fujikura Ventus Blue 7S) 

4 Hybrid:taylormade-small: SIM2 Rescue 22° (Fujikura Ventus Blue HY 80S)

5i-6i:taylormade-small: P770 (Nippon Modus3 105 S)

7i-PW:Miura: CB-301 (Nippon Modus3 105 S) 

Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 4.0 50 S & 54 S (Nippon Modus3 105 S); Glide Forged Eye2 59 (Nippon Ping Z-Z115)

Putter:odyssey-small: Toulon Design Las Vegas H7 (BGT Stability Tour 2 Polar)

All Clubs Equipped with :Arccos:

Played another 18 today with the same ball. Still holding up well for durability. Glad I haven't lost it yet! It was overcast and in the lower forty's when I played this morning. So far out of all the play and testing, today was my negative day. With the cold temperature the Top Flight Gamer felt like the old top rocks!  It felt hard and sounded hard. Distance was shorter with every club today. So in order to qualify this I had fo test it against the Pro V1, Pro V1x and a TaylorMade TP5.  These balls maintained their normal distance for me. So on hole 11 I teed up the four balls. The results were that the V1 and TP5 was about 15 yards longer. The Pro V1x was about 20 yards longer. On hole 18 I tried to rip one with the Gamer.  By putting my all into it I got back to the compression feel and sound of when it was warmer out but still was about 10 yards shorter than where I normaly play my approach shot from.  It was cold air and three layers of clothing. I don't normally play under 45 degrees but it wasnt just me. I also had 145 yards into hole # 13. This is inbetween a 9 iron and an 8 iron for me. I hit the PV1 first and was center of the green with the 8 iron. Then hit the Gamer and was just short of the green by about a foot. Comparing the balls made me feel more comfortable in giving a negative for playing this ball in cold conditions.
It will be in the upper 50's on Wednesday and I'll see if performance goes back to normal.

I noticed a loss in distance in cold weather with the Gamer as well. I switched to the Top Flite Hammer Control and got it all back. Is it bad when your summer and winter balls are both Top Flites?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

10 hours ago, Tom D. said:

I think most of us would give up some body part to be able to say they hit everything straight with the exception of a 10-15 yard fade on our 3 wood ! 

I can come up with a couple of extraneous organs to go toward that cause🤣

The email sent out this morning from MGS about LPGA WITB matching better for most average male golfers than the PGA tour bags, was quite interesting.  Brooke Henderson has regular flex shafts in her fairway woods and hybrids, and stiff shafts in her irons (just like us - except we're not winning any $ on a golf tour).

How did you know? That is exactly why I hit it straight. Don't feel bad I can joke about everything now. 

I lost my spleen from a freak accident. Don't  laugh, my 100 pound yellow lab jumped on me when I came in the door from a business trip and his paw went under my rib cage and ruptured it. Almost died from internal bleeding. I thought i just got the breath knocked out of me. But a few hours later I passes out. During that time in the hospital they found I had a baseball sized tumor on my kidney which turned out to be cancer. They removed it and 1/2 of my right kidney. After 4 months of waiting for full healing and the doctor to release me to play golf all I could do was chip and putt. I got back into the swing of things finally. Dropped my handicap from 5 to 1.6. I can laugh about it now. But losing body parts did help. 🤣  I got a better turn now, less parts in the way..  I don't  recommend doing it that way. Hold on to your parts.

Now for the clubs. I even took my hybrid out of the bag this summer and put in a seven wood. I'm all about what will help you play better. Not too many people laugh at your equipment when you kick their butt! 

15 minutes ago, Wedgie said:

I noticed a loss in distance in cold weather with the Gamer as well. I switched to the Top Flite Hammer Control and got it all back. Is it bad when your summer and winter balls are both Top Flites?

Nope, as long as they work for you who cares.  If I stuck with the gamers I would have to find a winter ball. I'm glad you noticed the same distance loss. I havent come across this before. 

1 hour ago, DJ Mico said:

I noticed the dual dimples as well. My usual ball is the Tour B X, so I don't mind the double dimples on the Gamer. I have noticed reviews on the Gamer around the web saying the dimples are weird or distracting, but they do not bother me.

Based on my research, it appears that Callaway has a patent to the double dimple design. https://pdfpiw.uspto.gov/.piw?docid=07250012&PageNum=1&&IDKey=2B661A64BB7F&HomeUrl=http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO2%26Sect2=HITOFF%26p=1%26u=%252Fnetahtml%252FPTO%252Fsearch-bool.html%26r=2%26f=G%26l=50%26co1=AND%26d=PTXT%26s1=11%252F554,184%26OS=11/554,184%26RS=11/554,184

Well that makes sense.  Callaway owns Top Flite and, well, most of the golf industry it seems.  

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

Well that makes sense.  Callaway owns Top Flite and, well, most of the golf industry it seems.  

Not for several years it was sold to Dick's sporting Goods. They owned it for several years though.

Jazz woods (Driver & Hybrids), TNT Silver Eagle Irons, PW & SW, Slotline Inertia putter. TopFlite Gammer.

Played another 18 today with the Top Flight Gamer. Two single digit handicapers both playing the Gamer. One for the first time. It was about 37 when we first teed off. Distance was poor due to the temperature. We both switched out the balls until it got over 45. It only took a few holes for the temperature to get warm enough to switch back.  I kept pretty quiet about the ball so I would get his honest opinion at the end of the round. 

First off he confirmed the ball can't be played in the cold. But at the end of the round he said he was impressed and could not tell the difference between the Pro V1 that he plays and the Gamer. He said for less than half the price he would play them. 

Getting back to durability, the same ball I used throughout testing was used again today. So with about 300 shots on it to date it held up very well. I even managed to get a cart path bounce on it. It was still playable after the black top interaction. Durability is not an issue at all. But cart paths are cart paths. I would say it is time to retire the ball. It served me well. 

Well since it was all you can play with a cart for $25.00 and it was a 27 hole course we kept going. Two holes left to play and the leaf gods claimed my durability ball. Parting was such sweet sorrow. He served me well!

Didn't play my normal course. This one was a bit of a challenge but fun. Lots of elevation changes, dog legs, and sloped and undulating greens.  Shot 3 over on first nine, 1 over on second nine, and 1 over on the last nine. I was happy, tough course. Only missed two fairways all day.  My buddy even commented about having my driver dialed in and that I was hitting it long.

So I think I have about all the testing I wanted to do completed and posted except for the launch monitor info. I'll try to get to that shortly. But for me, how the ball performs under actual playing conditions has always carried more clout. 

Short and sweet... a good ball worth trying, it performs close to the manufacturers claims, but not in cold temperatures. You can get two dozen for slightly less than one box of Pro V1's. It doesn't hurt the pocket book as much when you lose one. It will last quite a few rounds if you keep it inplay.

We have been playing in temps below 45°.

The Gamer seems to fly straighter for me off of the driver, and fwy woods.

It seems to have a lower trajectory that Chrome Soft, Super Soft, and Super Hot balls do.

I just received new Mack Daddy 5 Jaws wedges for Christmas.

Side by side, the Gamer rolls out farther, than the other balls.

With iron shots ( 7i thru PW) , it had a very 'clicky' sound.

These new Gamers are a lot firmer\ harder that the ones made 5 years ago.

On the other hand, these are a LOT more durable.

These have bounced off of cart paths, rocks, fence posts, and trees.

They have marks and stains from impact, yet you can't feel any physical damage on them.

While I don't shot shape, my Son does.

He was having a little trouble working the Gamer ball.

It didn't seem to curve, the way his Pro V1 does.

Personally, the sidespin ( or lack thereof) helped me.

Drives seem to rollout more, even with the wet conditions we were in.

I did some testing on the greens against: Chrome Soft, Super Soft, Super Hot, Tru Soft, Tour Soft, Tru Feel, and Velocity balls.

Using a Scotty Cameron putter. All metal face, and no insert.

The Gamer had a 'Clicky' sound compared to the others. The Velocity was 2nd place with the click sound.

As far as distance, the Gamer rolled farther than all the others.

On a level green from 10 feet. All putts felt like the same impact speed and stroke.

Other balls were 1 foot short, to 1-1\2 feet past the hole. The Gamer went about 3-1\2 feet past the hole.

On longer putts ( same green), around 25 feet.

Most balls were 3 feet short to 1-1\2 feet past the hole.

The Gamer seemed to get within 8 inches of the hole, to maybe 1-1\2 feet past it.

The Gamer had excellent feel on longer putts. It didn't seem to bounce and much as the other balls, and rolled true.

On 3 foot putts, all were similar. Just had to be easy, or the gamer would jump off the putter face.

We have some 60 °+ days ahead. I'll update then.

Edited by Jackal

Always chasing different clubs

I noticed that my partial wedge shots flew about the same distance and maybe a little bit higher flight and less spin. The higher ball flight resulted in the ball stopping in similar fashion to the ZStarXV. The greens were not firm and fast though. Would be interesting to test the ball on firm and fast greens. Chipping, the ball felt soft and spun similarly to the ZSarXV, I was pretty impressed with this observation of the gamer!

Brandon Johnson, MBA
COO / Co-founder North American Golf Tour 

www.northamericangolftour.com

e: bjohnson@northamericangolftour.com

WITB: 

• D - Taylormade M1 w/ tensie pro orange 
  • 3w- Taylormade M1 w/ tensie pro orange 
  • 2i - Srixon 
  • 4- 5 Srixon 785 
  • 6- 9 Srixon z blades 
  • PW, GW, SW, LW Cleveland rtx 
  • true temper shafts in all of my irons 
  • putter - Odyssey #9

On 12/20/2020 at 10:08 PM, Wedgie said:

I noticed the cooler, windier weather resulted in a bigger performance drop than the ZStarXV. Might be the ball is a more of a gamer in hot weather. Could be an interesting test next summer on a hot day. This might be a gamer ball for the long drive holes at a scramble! 

Brandon Johnson, MBA

WITB: 

• 2i - Srixon 
  • 4- 5 Srixon 785 
  • 6- 9 Srixon z blades 
  • putter - Odyssey #9

On 12/15/2020 at 4:12 PM, Wedgie said:

For what it's worth as a Gamer gamer I have yet to find a ball that is longer off the tee for me than the Srixon XV. The problems I have with that ball is I lose yardage from about the 7 iron down and for whatever reason I cannot putt to save my life with it.

That is interesting, I have had great results with the putter and the ZStarXV. I use an Odyssey putter so it has a soft face... 

Brandon Johnson, MBA

WITB: 

• 2i - Srixon 
  • 4- 5 Srixon 785 
  • 6- 9 Srixon z blades 
  • putter - Odyssey #9

Sand Test - goal was to see if there was any cover damage.

I hit consecutive 14 wedge shots and noticed minimal wear on the cover of the ball. Ball performed well and no noticeable difference in the Gamer and ZStarXV.

I do notice more spin when using a ProV from the sand.

Brandon Johnson, MBA

WITB: 

• 2i - Srixon 
  • 4- 5 Srixon 785 
  • 6- 9 Srixon z blades 
  • putter - Odyssey #9

Sand Test - goal was to see if there was any cover damage.

I hit consecutive 14 wedge shots and noticed minimal wear on the cover of the ball. Ball performed well and no noticeable difference in the Gamer and ZStarXV.

I do notice more spin when using a ProV from the sand.

IMG_2274.JPGIMG_2276.JPGIMG_2273.JPGIMG_2275.JPG

Brandon Johnson, MBA

WITB: 

• 2i - Srixon 
  • 4- 5 Srixon 785 
  • 6- 9 Srixon z blades 
  • putter - Odyssey #9

Today was about 63°. The ball performed somewhat better than previously.

1st pic is pitches from 70?? yards.

2nd is close up of 70 yd pitches.

3rd pic is chips from 12-14 yards.

Last pic is putting from 20 feet away.

I think this ball is durable, putts really well ( once you get used to it), and has decent distance. 

Off the driver face is feels rock hard to me.

Fwy woods are ok, and so are mid-short irons.

Long irons, don't ever give a solid feel.

My wedges are NEW, so they seem to spin pretty well.

All wedge shots run out pretty far.

The best aspect is the putting. Once you get used to the ball ' jumping' off of the face, the distsnce control of the putts are fantastic. It does super on roll, and following the break.

More to come later......

Edited by Jackal

While looking for another players ball, I found my first Gamer last week and promptly put it in play on the next hole.  It is still in play somewhere amongst the group of ironwood trees at the dog-leg corner of hole #2 at Las Barancas. It felt great coming off the face of my 3w but obviously does not fly straight 🙂.

@Wedgie not at all a bad thing to have two balls. I switched to the ProV back in the day when it was cold. Having a softer cover ball just gave me a better feel on cold days. 

Brandon Johnson, MBA

WITB: 

• 2i - Srixon 
  • 4- 5 Srixon 785 
  • 6- 9 Srixon z blades 
  • putter - Odyssey #9

On 1/6/2021 at 1:02 AM, Jackal said:

Today was about 63°. The ball performed somewhat better than previously.

1st pic is pitches from 70?? yards.

2nd is close up of 70 yd pitches.

3rd pic is chips from 12-14 yards.

Last pic is putting from 20 feet away.

I think this ball is durable, putts really well ( once you get used to it), and has decent distance. 

Off the driver face is feels rock hard to me.

Fwy woods are ok, and so are mid-short irons.

Long irons, don't ever give a solid feel.

My wedges are NEW, so they seem to spin pretty well.

All wedge shots run out pretty far.

The best aspect is the putting. Once you get used to the ball ' jumping' off of the face, the distsnce control of the putts are fantastic. It does super on roll, and following the break.

More to come later......

Some good shots there! What ball do you normally game? @Jackal I found the ball to feel softer than the Srixon ZStarXV off of tee shots with my TMade Sim Driver. Ball does roll pretty good on putts! I find the ball to go a higher so it stops because of descent angle. 

Brandon Johnson, MBA

WITB: 

• 2i - Srixon 
  • 4- 5 Srixon 785 
  • 6- 9 Srixon z blades 
  • putter - Odyssey #9

4 hours ago, Bohnson said:

Some good shots there! What ball do you normally game? @Jackal I found the ball to feel softer than the Srixon ZStarXV off of tee shots with my TMade Sim Driver. Ball does roll pretty good on putts! I find the ball to go a higher so it stops because of descent angle. 

I have been using a Callaway Superhot all last year. Since November ( cold) the Supersoft has been doing pretty well.

It may be the temps° but I'm getting a lower flight with these.

Also, wearing a jacket over long sleeve shirt hampers my swing.

The putting rollout of these are fabulous.

Short or long.

If I played it for a while and got used to it, the medium putts would be easier.

This ball 'jumps' off the putter face.

I don't recall thinking that the older Gamer was a "hard" ball in comparison to some others like the ProV1, so I'll definitely be interested to give this one a shot and see what it feels & performs like for me.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

This afternoon, I played quick nine.

58°-63° .

Playing the Gamer on the last few holes, still couldn't get it to work with my driver, but the long irons came alive.

There is a par 3 over a ravine that is always a problem to hit.

My 5 iron went straight ( still couldn't get a high trajectory), and landed with one heck of a ball mark on the green.

It really jumped off the wedges from 40-70 yards.

It didn't feel as 'clicky' today except with driver and putter.

I'm sure this is a great warm weather ball for me.

My opinion on the performance is:

In the price range :

1st) Cally Supersoft

2) Titleist Superfeel

3) Gamer

The gamer seems like a higher grade\ better Noodle ball.

5 hours ago, Jackal said:

This afternoon, I played quick nine.

58°-63° .

Playing the Gamer on the last few holes, still couldn't get it to work with my driver, but the long irons came alive.

There is a par 3 over a ravine that is always a problem to hit.

My 5 iron went straight ( still couldn't get a high trajectory), and landed with one heck of a ball mark on the green.

It really jumped off the wedges from 40-70 yards.

It didn't feel as 'clicky' today except with driver and putter.

I'm sure this is a great warm weather ball for me.

My opinion on the performance is:

In the price range :

1st) Cally Supersoft

2) Titleist Superfeel

3) Gamer

The gamer seems like a higher grade\ better Noodle ball.

I've also struggled hitting the Gamer well off the tee. I think I might be getting in my head that I'm trying to test distance, and then hit it with not much distance. But the few that I have struck well, I don't notice it being any longer than others in my bag (Callaway Chrome Soft, Chrome Soft X, TP5x, Snell MTB-X), but it also hasn't been way shorter than any of the others

In terms of performance compared to others in the lower price range, I find it performs similar to a Vice Tour and Drive, but it is significantly more durable and much easier to purchase from Dick's/Golf Galaxy instead of online. I've been very satisfied with the Gamer.

Good work, and I look forward to reading your final review in a couple of weeks!

Driver:titleist-small: TSR3 9° (Fujikura Ventus TR Red 6X)

Woods: (3W:titleist-small: TSi2 15° (Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 7S); (7W:callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 21° (Fujikura Ventus Blue 7S) 

4 Hybrid:taylormade-small: SIM2 Rescue 22° (Fujikura Ventus Blue HY 80S)

5i-6i:taylormade-small: P770 (Nippon Modus3 105 S)

7i-PW:Miura: CB-301 (Nippon Modus3 105 S) 

Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 4.0 50 S & 54 S (Nippon Modus3 105 S); Glide Forged Eye2 59 (Nippon Ping Z-Z115)

Putter:odyssey-small: Toulon Design Las Vegas H7 (BGT Stability Tour 2 Polar)

All Clubs Equipped with :Arccos: