Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Tour360 XT SL2.0 - Blister Issues

jwlong410

Hey all - I recently got a pair of these as a birthday gift (https://www.adidas.com/us/tour360-xt-sl-2.0-spikeless-golf-shoes/EG4871.html). They're gorgeous shoes and with the boost footbed are really comfortable except for one MAJOR issue.

I've worn them for a few rounds (45 holes total) and each time they've given me terrible blisters on my heels (both feet). I walk, so a blister here or there isn't unexpected nor the end of the world, but after 6 or 7 holes these are basically unwearable.

Anyone else have any experience with this? 

:titelist-small: TSi3 @ 9° w/ Tensei AV White 65         :titelist-small: TSi2 5W @ 14.5° w/ Tensei AV White 75

:taylormade-small: P790 4-7, P760 8-PW w/ Project X 6.0          :vokey-small: 50°, 56°, 60°

:scotty-small: Pro Platinum Newport Mid-Slant          :titelist-small: Hybrid 14 Stand Bag          :titelist-small: ProV1

I don't have those shoes, but have you tried Kentwool socks?

https://www.kentwool.com/pages/about-us

"Kentwool socks are worn by dozens of PGA and LPGA Tour professionals, who trust Kentwool socks to perform over a long and grueling season. 
Kentwool socks are the only socks that carry a Blister-Free Guarantee. And like all of Kentwool's products, they are manufactured in the U.S.A."

I only wear Kentwool socks... all year long, for the last 6 years.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

5 hours ago, Kenny B said:

I don't have those shoes, but have you tried Kentwool socks?

https://www.kentwool.com/pages/about-us

"Kentwool socks are worn by dozens of PGA and LPGA Tour professionals, who trust Kentwool socks to perform over a long and grueling season. 
Kentwool socks are the only socks that carry a Blister-Free Guarantee. And like all of Kentwool's products, they are manufactured in the U.S.A."

I only wear Kentwool socks... all year long, for the last 6 years.  

Interesting. I haven't heard of these before. They're a bit pricey but maybe worth a shot...

:titelist-small: TSi3 @ 9° w/ Tensei AV White 65         :titelist-small: TSi2 5W @ 14.5° w/ Tensei AV White 75

:taylormade-small: P790 4-7, P760 8-PW w/ Project X 6.0          :vokey-small: 50°, 56°, 60°

:scotty-small: Pro Platinum Newport Mid-Slant          :titelist-small: Hybrid 14 Stand Bag          :titelist-small: ProV1

1 hour ago, jwlong410 said:

Interesting. I haven't heard of these before. They're a bit pricey but maybe worth a shot...

They changed the names on me.  I have a bunch of Tour Profile and Tour Standard.  I went to order some more and I didn't see them on their website.  I sent a note off and got this response...

"The Men's Tour Series has been changed to the Men's Classic Series.  The Tour Profile is now known as the Men's Classic Ankle and the Tour Standard is now know as the Men's Classic Crew."

I haven't compared the new socks yet to the old, but they should be good with the same guarantee.

They have sales so get on their mailing list.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

• 3 months later...
On 12/10/2020 at 2:32 PM, jwlong410 said:

Hey all - I recently got a pair of these as a birthday gift (https://www.adidas.com/us/tour360-xt-sl-2.0-spikeless-golf-shoes/EG4871.html). They're gorgeous shoes and with the boost footbed are really comfortable except for one MAJOR issue.

I've worn them for a few rounds (45 holes total) and each time they've given me terrible blisters on my heels (both feet). I walk, so a blister here or there isn't unexpected nor the end of the world, but after 6 or 7 holes these are basically unwearable.

Anyone else have any experience with this? 

i was so psyched when I bought them, then, the absolutely the worst shoes ever for me.  3 holes and both feet blistered.  I finished my round shoeless!

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/13/2021 at 10:56 AM, ArtM said:

i was so psyched when I bought them, then, the absolutely the worst shoes ever for me.  3 holes and both feet blistered.  I finished my round shoeless!

This was the advice Harry gave me (if you haven't returned your already!):

• 3 months later...
On 3/21/2021 at 11:11 PM, jwlong410 said:

This was the advice Harry gave me (if you haven't returned your already!):

Ive been having the same issue with these shoes. Wore them for 4 holes walking and limped off the course. My heels were shredded. I love the look and highly rated so it would be a bummer to return. 

On 7/16/2021 at 3:39 PM, Diggs said:

Ive been having the same issue with these shoes. Wore them for 4 holes walking and limped off the course. My heels were shredded. I love the look and highly rated so it would be a bummer to return. 

I used 1 strip of hockey tape that ran from my Achilles tendon down under my heel it eliminated the blisters. After having them about a month I tried a 9 hole round and had some minor irritation by the end, 18 would have been a blister so I went back to taping. About 2 months into golf season now and I did an 18 hole round with cart and no irritation. I think they might be safe to use without tape for 18 walking now. Was a painful process (literally) but these shoes are so comfortable, I feel it was worth it. 

:ping-small: G425 MAX Driver & 5W

:cobra-small: Baffler Rail-H 3H-4H

:Sub70: 699 Pro Utility V2 - 4i

:callaway-small: APEX CF19 6-AW

INDI Wedges 52, 56, 60 

:edel-golf-1: EAS 2.0

• 2 years later...

I have a pair of these. They were absolutely the worst blistering shoe I have ever had the mis fortune of owning and wearing. The boost might be comfortable but the backs of these shoes will give you horrendous blisters within 7 holes of walking. 

I first had these in 2020, after 18 holes I was in agony. I left them in a cupboard and would bring them out every few months only for more torturous blisters within 9 holes. 

i used some shoe stretchers earlier in the week and have just come back from 9 holes this evening.  My feet are killing me with blisters on both heels from these nice looking but torturous shoes. 

I can’t sell them on eBay as I don’t want some other poor person to suffer from he same problem. Adidas really made a mistake with the design of these. A huge disappointment. 

adidas will never take my money for golf shoes ever again.  

19 hours ago, LobWedge789 said:

I have a pair of these. They were absolutely the worst blistering shoe I have ever had the mis fortune of owning and wearing. The boost might be comfortable but the backs of these shoes will give you horrendous blisters within 7 holes of walking. 

I first had these in 2020, after 18 holes I was in agony. I left them in a cupboard and would bring them out every few months only for more torturous blisters within 9 holes. 

i used some shoe stretchers earlier in the week and have just come back from 9 holes this evening.  My feet are killing me with blisters on both heels from these nice looking but torturous shoes. 

I can’t sell them on eBay as I don’t want some other poor person to suffer from he same problem. Adidas really made a mistake with the design of these Austin HVAC service. A huge disappointment. 

adidas will never take my money for golf shoes ever again.  

got some of these shoes at the start of the new year. however, as a result of the weather, i've only worn them 4-5 times. the first 2 or 3 times, they rubbed a bit on the heel, and i accepted this as an aspect of 'wearing in' the shoes. however, they are getting worse. to the extent that, last night after finishing playing, my heels were shot to bits. how can i resolve this?? there is already a bit of heel pad wear, inside the shoe, though that is in the same place i get heel wear in many of my trainers. has anyone else had this problem? should i return them?? should i wear 2 pairs of socks?? i love the look of the shoes, the grip. the rest of the shoe feels comfy, but they're tearing up my heels. i've got a pair of Powerbands, which i've not worn yet. are these going to have the same effect as the 360's??

Edited by lukafred

Hello Lukafred. 

my experience is that if after one round you are still getting blisters then the golf shoe is not going to fit well and be pain free. If you have the chance to take them back for a refund / exchange then I would do without hesitation. 

spending extra on special anti blister socks, shoe stretchers or other cures that may not work should not be necessary. If a shoe is severely blistering repeatedly it is designed poorly or does not fit. It will lead to non stop pain and disappointment. 

I think there is a design fault with this shoe that causes the extreme blistering. Never had any other brand or pair of golf shoe do this. And I have had at least 20 pairs over the years.