Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Tournament Caddying

Has anyone ever caddied in a tournament that wasn't a private club tournament and if so how did you manage to get the loop? I have been caddying the past 10 years at my local club and its something I have always wanted to try to get into but I have never known how.

Driver:  :titleist-small: TSR3 8°, set to A1, Graphite Design UB 7X 

3 Wood: :taylormade-small:SIM 3 Wood 15°, Aldila Rouge Silver 7X

3 Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 18°, Ventus Blue 8S

2 Utility: :srixon-small: ZX Utility, LA Golf Tour AXS Blue, (15th club)

4i-AW:  :srixon-small:ZX7, Tour Issue Dynamic Gold 120's S400

56°: :Sub70: TAIII, Dynamic Gold S400

60° :Sub70: TAIII, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter: :L.A.B.: Mezz1 Max

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour BX

Forum Reviews: 

:Sub70: Official Member Review Sub 70 TAIII Wedges

:Nippon: Official Member Review Zelos 7 Shaft Review

:vokey-small:Unofficial Vokey SM8 and Wedge & Wedge Works Review 

:srixon-small:Unofficial Srixon 2021 ZX7 Iron Review

:titleist-small: Unofficial TSR3 Review

I did not, but from my caddying days in high school and college I have two examples.

Our club had a pro that would actually win PGA sectional events. Don't know if you've ever looked, but in my area it seems the same half-dozen pros win alll the events. When he would play he took one of the top guys with him.

My club also had a few caddies in their 40s, these guys would go down to Florida, we live in Ohio, during the winter. They got into some bigwig club down there and one hooked up with a mini tour player somehow.

Sorry it's kind of here say but that's what I got.

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

12 minutes ago, Tsmithjr9 said:

I did not, but from my caddying days in high school and college I have two examples.

Our club had a pro that would actually win PGA sectional events. Don't know if you've ever looked, but in my area it seems the same half-dozen pros win alll the events. When he would play he took one of the top guys with him.

My club also had a few caddies in their 40s, these guys would go down to Florida, we live in Ohio, during the winter. They got into some bigwig club down there and one hooked up with a mini tour player somehow.

Sorry it's kind of here say but that's what I got.

Take Dead Aim

Something similar would happen near me. Every now and then the pro would ask a few guys if they were interested in doing some tournaments but this was like 3 golf pros ago. Some of these events were the occasional womens amateur events and sometimes the NJ state tournament that was held at my club last year. I imagine last year was slow because of covid so caddies probably weren't the first option.

While twice the money from carrying 2 bags was always nice I noticed I genuinely enjoyed caddying more when it was for one sole golfer.    

Forum Reviews: 

Has anyone ever caddied in a tournament that wasn't a private club tournament and if so how did you manage to get the loop? I have been caddying the past 10 years at my local club and its something I have always wanted to try to get into but I have never known how.

What level of golf? While I aven’t actually caddied, I have talked with some people that have when I was doing my volunteer shifts at various professional
Tournaments.

For LPGA and Senior PGA events, there is a committee for the event. They help coordinate the caddy list. To actually be on a pros bag Knowledge of the course is really beneficial. At the senior event I worked, people caddied for the amateurs in the pro-am event.

If you want to donut professionally, I used to read a blog written by an LPGA caddy that went event to event to find a bag. He had some posts about how to get started. If that is what you want, I will see if I can find the site again.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

21 minutes ago, cnosil said:

What level of golf? While I aven’t actually caddied, I have talked with some people that have when I was doing my volunteer shifts at various professional
Tournaments.

For LPGA and Senior PGA events, there is a committee for the event. They help coordinate the caddy list. To actually be on a pros bag Knowledge of the course is really beneficial. At the senior event I worked, people caddied for the amateurs in the pro-am event.

If you want to donut professionally, I used to read a blog written by an LPGA caddy that went event to event to find a bag. He had some posts about how to get started. If that is what you want, I will see if I can find the site again.

I want to get into more amateur events and local tournaments in the tri-state area. The pro circuit isn't something that interests me too much but I am a competitive person and a very strong caddy and I want to see how good of a caddy I am and I think a tournament would be a good way to do that. Caddying at a local club the players know their numbers and slope and clubs and its not so much of a challenge and more of a keep up game rather than offer advice and discuss shots which is what I enjoy most as a caddy.

Forum Reviews: 

I want to get into more amateur events and local tournaments in the tri-state area. The pro circuit isn't something that interests me too much but I am a competitive person and a very strong caddy and I want to see how good of a caddy I am and I think a tournament would be a good way to do that. Caddying at a local club the players know their numbers and slope and clubs and its not so much of a challenge and more of a keep up game rather than offer advice and discuss shots which is what I enjoy most as a caddy.

I would still suggest contacting the tournament directly. There should be a committee that coordinates local caddies

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I have never caddied, but I would suggest that you try and get a job at a high profile club in south Florida, Texas or Arizona where professional golfers live and play. Possibly try and locate where some of the LPGA golfers play. You may have to start out on the lower level tours. It might be worth reaching out to those lower level tours.

Edited by GaDawg
Spelling

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x