Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

2021 Titleist Golf Bags

TexasFullSend

Strolled by my Dicks Sporting Good store and came across these! Hybrid 14 and Players 4 Plus. 

Both had a leather style front pocket. Suede material in the club hole opening. Cart strap moved in the hybird and new pocket placements. Prices were about the same too. 

3E8B1D80-E675-43B4-8FF1-E300F5F9F761.jpeg

CDF913F5-F8CD-4E32-B1E6-3C5F6578E273.jpeg

EACA722F-EDBC-4CF0-85A6-114A64B5B6B7.jpeg

090A9682-7A7E-469B-879B-34DF59BF0653.jpeg

6B5F02B1-C5D3-44BC-8677-50D6E3C4D5BD.jpeg

56F5282E-2174-4BCF-8AD1-E998AB87E8B4.jpeg

66725281-5110-42FD-A8E5-1CA909E3777C.jpeg

B6EBD9A8-7796-4EFC-BDEA-D88E060F4950.jpeg

A7A2277F-F1E9-4513-B8CA-D3D2E37E40F8.jpeg

EFB05986-8C04-4EA5-8B1C-98FFA88285F4.jpeg

FF1B7C51-1D24-48B3-B0E0-F1FB9167064F.jpeg

D2217E13-D5AF-4444-B23C-DAF6D9BE04CE.jpeg

B2EBA85B-4F92-49C8-BC48-5F6599F93C31.jpeg

Driver: Taylormade Sim 2 Max

3 Wood: Callaway Epic Max

Driving Iron: Titleist u510

Hybrid: Taylormade Gapr

Irons: Taylormade P760

Wedges: Vokey Jet Black 52/56/60

Putter: Taylormade Spider X

Ball: ProV1x

I sport a Titleist bag.  Has always been a solid bag.  Small detail but I wish they would redesign the towel ring or whatever they call it.  With enough use it gets worn out and have lost my rangefinder and, dare I throw a rock in the pond, my bluetooth speaker.  Like the looks of this new bag, aesthetics is Titleist strong suite.

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Speed TD LS 9* / Ventus Blue 6X

Fairway: :callaway-small: Epic Speed 16.5* / Motore X F1 7X

Hybrid: :755178188_TourEdge: CBX 19* / Atmos Blue 7S

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Forged 4i, JPX 921 Tour 5i-PW / Rifle 6.0

Wedges: :vokey-small: 51.11F RAW, 55.11D RAW, 59.07M RAW / Rifle 6.0

Putter: :tp-mills-1: GSS Dale Head Custom 34.5"

Ball: :titelist-small: 2021 ProV-1X

Like that 14 way!

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

I like bags with 15 dividers rather than 14.  That gives me a space for something other than clubs - have in mine an orange whip, a ball retriever and an alignment stick (pretty jammed).

• :taylormade-small: Sim 2 Driver Fujikura Ventus Blue 6R shaft
  • :taylormade-small:Sim 2 5 wood Fujikura Ventus Blue 5R shaft
  •  th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0311 Gen 5 Seven Wood Project X Cypher 50 5.5 shaft.
  • :titelist-small: H818 Hybrid 25 degrees Tensei ck Series 60 HY regular flex shafts at C4 setting (flat for lefties)
  • th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg 0311 Gen 6 Hybrids 3-28 and 31 degrees.
  • :titelist-small: 718 AP1 irons 6-gap Tensei ck Series AMC IR regular flex bent two degrees flat
  • :vokey-small: SM 7 Wedge 58 degrees M grind with 8 bounce Steel shafts wedge flex bent 2 degrees flat
  • :ping-small: Glide 3 52.12 and 56.14 with  Alta CB Red Regular Flex shaft bent 2 degrees flat
  • LAB DF3 putter - 33 inches long, 71 degree lie angle, Accra shaft
  • Bridgestone B X or Titleist Pro V-1x

• 2 months later...

Bummed to report the 2021 Titleist Hybrid 14 does not work well on my push cart, a Clicgear 3.0.

The "Push Cart Rest" (a new enhancement for 2021) misses the upper support completely. The stand legs will rest against the upper support, and be pressed into it when (if) you can attach the upper strap (more on this). I do have the Clicgear Bag Cozy accessory which 'helps' resolve this, with some very special locating of the velcro pads - basically half attached so they rest against the stiffer top band of the bag.

As for the upper strap on the cart - you will hard pressed to make the connection. Because the Hybrid 14 has a large circumference top (at least compared to my current bag, a Callaway Fusion 14), you will be cinching down the soft area of the bag under the upper band drastically, if you can make the connection at all. You will want to use a small bungee cord or similar to make the strap fit around the bag.

As I mentioned, I am bummed, This bag is beautiful, and I was willing to make some sacrifices, compared to my current bag, to keep it. One specific sacrifice was the storing of the rain hood. My Callaway bag nails this, with a specific pocket just for the hood, located underneath the padding where the bag would rest against your back. So perfect. The hood for the Titleist has semi-rigid supports, and it will clog up a good portion of an apparel  pocket to keep it with the bag.

As for storage pockets, was kind of surprised that Titlelist counts the pen slot as a pocket. I mean, ok, but really? 

I could go on with a few other features that I felt are missing from the Hybrid 14, but at end of day, if it would have fit my push cart well, I would have kept it. So glad I checked the fitment to the cart before my return date expired.

Hope this helps someone.

• 2 weeks later...

I think that this bag not working with your existing push cart is going to be a bigger issue than most people think.

I've been looking at this bag recently. I have the original Rovic RV1S cart. This cart worked fine with my previous stand bag, a Callaway Fusion 14. The leg hinges would fit right between the cart bracket where the legs would rest. I played a round of golf this past weekend and let a friend with a Titliest bag (not the Hybrid 14) use my cart. His bag would not sit flush against the cart because the leg hinges were too wide to fit in the cart bracket. So that got me to thinking about whether the Titliest Hybrid 14 would work with my cart. I looked online but couldn't find a whole lot of detail. So I pulled out a tape measure and tried three different bags that I have at home to see which ones would fit. Two worked because the space between the leg hinges was smaller than the space between my cart bracket.

I decided to head over to Golf Galaxy and check this out myself. When I measured the leg hinges on the titliest Hybrid 14, the space was greater that that of my cart bracket. Additionally, I tried the bag out with every push cart they had at GG (Bag Boy Nitron, TourTrek 360, Sun Mountain Pathfinder, Big Max Blade IP, there were a few others). This bag didn't work with any of them because the molded bracket on the cart where the legs would rest was smaller than the leg hinges.

I'm so discouraged. I'll keep looking.

3 hours ago, E-Dub said:

I think that this bag not working with your existing push cart is going to be a bigger issue than most people think.

I've been looking at this bag recently. I have the original Rovic RV1S cart. This cart worked fine with my previous stand bag, a Callaway Fusion 14. The leg hinges would fit right between the cart bracket where the legs would rest. I played a round of golf this past weekend and let a friend with a Titliest bag (not the Hybrid 14) use my cart. His bag would not sit flush against the cart because the leg hinges were too wide to fit in the cart bracket. So that got me to thinking about whether the Titliest Hybrid 14 would work with my cart. I looked online but couldn't find a whole lot of detail. So I pulled out a tape measure and tried three different bags that I have at home to see which ones would fit. Two worked because the space between the leg hinges was smaller than the space between my cart bracket.

I decided to head over to Golf Galaxy and check this out myself. When I measured the leg hinges on the titliest Hybrid 14, the space was greater that that of my cart bracket. Additionally, I tried the bag out with every push cart they had at GG (Bag Boy Nitron, TourTrek 360, Sun Mountain Pathfinder, Big Max Blade IP, there were a few others). This bag didn't work with any of them because the molded bracket on the cart where the legs would rest was smaller than the leg hinges.

I'm so discouraged. I'll keep looking.

@E-Dub Excellent recon and thanks for sharing that info!

I have the Titleist H-14 and did an "unofficial" review (below)

As far as a riding cart bag it's an A+ but I took it out for a walking round over the weekend and found the same issue. I had thought that maybe it was due to my cart being a good 5 years old and only an ok cart by today's standards. 

Sadly, @B.Boston had similar issues with his cart and he now has to return the bag.

So when 99% of pushcarts seem to be built to similar specs, and Titleist is marketing this as having specific "push cart stability functions", yet doesn't work with 99% of push carts on the market.. wouldn't this be cause for a recall? 

fortunately for me I play way more riding cart rounds than walking so it's not a major issue.. but I just hate seeing fellow spies get skunked over a potential case of false advertising. 

PXG 0311 Gen 5 9°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Kuro Kage Silver 65X
:cobra-small: F8 6 wood 20* / Fujikura MotoreX F3 6S

:cobra-small: RADSpeed Hybrid 24*
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS1 4-GW / FCM Precision 6.5 Rifle
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW Wedge - 56/12
:edel-golf-1:  EAS 1.0 / Grip master 2.0 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

Yeah I had issues with my caddytec caddylite ez v8.

No way to make it work. I’m actually sad about it.

The legs want to rest on the bracket. Even tightly secured it will twist.

IMG_4040.jpg

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

• 9 months later...

I was super disappointed with the Cart 15 because the carry strap just isn't comfortable at all and had to use the handle just to transport form the car to the cart in many cases. They seem to put the strap in the worst possible place which makes it dip right off your shoulder when you put any weight inside. As far as the Hybrid 14 goes, it's heavy 6.1 lbs by itself and doesn't seems to fit any push carts correctly. The saving grace for the Hybrid 14 is that the carry straps are genius and distribute the weight perfectly. IMO

Currently I'm gaming a Srixon Z SRX LTWT Stand Bag in Grey/Blue and it's awesome. It has less pockets but it's lighter, and a super easy carry...

Edited by Mdrnsamurai

"A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." ~John Stuart Mill

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope." ~Winston Churchill

Gaming: Woods: Cobra Radspeed XB Driver, 3W, 5W, Cobra KING Forged TEC 4-PW, Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM8 48*/10* F Grind, 54*/12* D Grind, 60*/12* D Grind, Putter: 34" Scotty Cameron Special Select Fastback 1.5 🙂