Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Star Wars

Shankster

2 minutes ago, Shankster said:

I do see a discrepancy though.  Where is Grogu in 7,8, and 9? Not a mention?

I've seen some theories on that, could be interesting to see how they explain that. There's about 20-25 years between this and the new trilogy, so I am hoping he's with Mando at the end. 

I do see a discrepancy though.  Where is Grogu in 7,8, and 9? Not a mention?

I don’t think I’m spoiling anything here since we’re talking about 7, 8, and 9 here but:

We probably don’t see mention of him because all we learn of Luke’s work to revive the Jedi is that Ben was the star pupil and turned on them.

I’d love to have them do a series where we see more of that story!

I’m enjoying the series’s more than movies since there’s so much more time to develop things over a 7-8 hour season vs a 2-3 hour movie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

DRIVER PXG 0811XF GEN4 (10.5°)

FAIRWAY WOODS PXG 0341XF GEN4 (16°)

HYBRIDS PXG 0317XF GEN4 (19°), PXG 0317X GEN4 (22°)

IRONS PXG 0311T GEN3 (5 - 9)

WEDGES TAYLORMADE MG3 (45°, 50°, 55° TW Grind, 60° TW Grind)

PUTTER PXG BATTLE READY ONE & DONE

23 minutes ago, FrogginBullfish said:

I'm really excited about this one. Temuera Morrison killed it in the role of Boba Fett. I don't feel like the movies showed how bad@** of a character he was, Darth Vader even told him not to disintegrate anyone and we didn't see that. This Boba Fett could...with his bare hands. 

10 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

I'm really excited about this one. Temuera Morrison killed it in the role of Boba Fett. I don't feel like the movies showed how bad@** of a character he was, Darth Vader even told him not to disintegrate anyone and we didn't see that. This Boba Fett could...with his bare hands. 

speaking of disruptor rifles... for those who'd like to learn more:

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

I've been a star wars Junkie since my dad first sat me down to watch it on VHS.

Fell out of touch a little with the Disney acquisition as I had read so many of the extended universe books and was a little miffed that it was all being thrown away. 

Slowly getting back into the Wars now that my kids are showing an interest.

28 minutes ago, Jedaigeki said:

Fell out of touch a little with the Disney acquisition as I had read so many of the extended universe books and was a little miffed that it was all being thrown away. 

Ah yes, VHS!  Before they edited them.  Those are we’re the best.

We had taped the first time Star Wars was broadcast on CBS. On Betamax. Definitely don’t have that tape anymore

WITB

TS2 10.5 

M2 3HL

Mavrik Max 5W

Titleist 818 4 hybrid 

Mizuno JPX921 HMP 5-Gap

Mizuno S19 56

Maltby TSW 60

Bobby Grace Shiloh putter

2 minutes ago, Rchang said:

We had taped the first time Star Wars was broadcast on CBS. On Betamax. Definitely don’t have that tape anymore

I had the distinct pleasure of getting the crap scared out of me watching the Texas Chainsaw Massacre on Beta... my cousins who were much older thought it would be funny... that was probably 1990-92 time frame, their dad had one. 

On 12/23/2020 at 12:53 AM, Shankster said:

I had the distinct pleasure of getting the crap scared out of me watching the Texas Chainsaw Massacre on Beta... my cousins who were much older thought it would be funny... that was probably 1990-92 time frame, their dad had one. 

My childhood terror was IT, inflicted on me by my older brother. He told my very young impressionable self it was a movie about clowns.....

On 12/22/2020 at 7:16 AM, Jedaigeki said:

There's a good number of things from the now Legends books that are incorporated into the newer stories (Thrawn, for instance) or they have characters that are amalgams of Legends characters. I read a lot of those books also, but I get why Disney wanted to go their own way. It's all good, at least for me. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

yeah .. Rogue One is GREAT! Caught it shortly after it came out; pretty well done and fills in a good section of the entire storyline.
Just started streaming "Solo" (thru TBS .. has ads); a little more than 1/2 way through .. liking this one, too! They really created an interesting "feel" of another side of the whole Star Wars universe 
It's one of my favorites. Such great characters and an amazing story of sacrifice for the greater good.

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

I just binged the Mandalorian ... thought it was pretty good.  The ending though .... cool 

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     :titleist-small: TSR3 9* UST Mamiya Proto LIN-Q Blue 

Fairways   :titleist-small: TSi2 UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 13.5* 

Driving Iron:   :titleist-small: U500 17* :Fuji:  Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   :titleist-small: T350 4 & 5, T200 6 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges    :vokey-small: SM9 48*, SM9 52*, SM8 56* Modus Tour Wedge 

Putter    :cameron-small: Newport 2 w/ Garsen Ultimate grip 

Ball    :titleist-small:  *ProV1 Left Dot

Got an animatronic Baby Yoda lol.

I love it.PXL_20201225_154223346.jpeg

DRIVER PXG 0811XF GEN4 (10.5°)

FAIRWAY WOODS PXG 0341XF GEN4 (16°)

HYBRIDS PXG 0317XF GEN4 (19°), PXG 0317X GEN4 (22°)

IRONS PXG 0311T GEN3 (5 - 9)

WEDGES TAYLORMADE MG3 (45°, 50°, 55° TW Grind, 60° TW Grind)

PUTTER PXG BATTLE READY ONE & DONE

• 4 weeks later...

So I just started my boys on Star Wars; doing it chronologically rather than by movie release order, so they’ve seen Episodes 1 and 2 and now we’ve started The Clone Wars.  I feel funny being a grown @ss man watching a cartoon but it’s actually pretty good.

The funny part is my oldest is running around saying “I’m Anakin Skywalker!” Boy is he in for a surprise...

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

6 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

So I just started my boys on Star Wars; doing it chronologically rather than by movie release order, so they’ve seen Episodes 1 and 2 and now we’ve started The Clone Wars.  I feel funny being a grown @ss man watching a cartoon but it’s actually pretty good.

The funny part is my oldest is running around saying “I’m Anakin Skywalker!” Boy is he in for a surprise...

The clone wars are actually what got me into the series lol. It’s a good one, now I have myself watching mandalorian as they come out 😂

The worlds a tough Place he’s about to become brutally aware 😂

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

• 1 year later...
58 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Anyone else watching Boba Fett?  Episode 5 was amazing.

Also, can’t wait for the next season of Mando, and the Kenobi series to drop… 

I'm enjoying Boba Fett so far and have to agree with you that episode 5 was the best of the series so far. It's been building up good to hopefully what'll be a good last couple of episodes. 

Also, I'm looking forward to the next season of Mando. 

1 hour ago, Shankster said:

Waiting for all the episodes to drop.   I have gotten so I hate weekly releases.   

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

1 minute ago, Shankster said:

Same.  I waited for all of the Yellowstone to be out.

Man, I don’t have the discipline.  Wednesday nights I’m watching the new one as soon as the kids are out…

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

• 2 weeks later...

I’m a bit lost on the future of this show (Boba Fett), if there is a season 2 it could be cool…

I get why they did the things they did, but it was kind of jumbled.  Glad to have an old favorite to watch here and there.  Ready for May, and probably December for Mando S3.

Too bad they don’t have enough writers to have these every quarter, with such a large fan base, and potential story lines, it could be a never ending story, all year long.

On 1/29/2022 at 1:02 PM, Shankster said:

Just started last night got through first 3 episodes … Mando was great can’t wait for season 3 and for Kenobi .. Hayden Christensen is suppose to be in it as darth vador too 

On 1/29/2022 at 2:03 PM, sirchunksalot said:

I'm enjoying Boba Fett so far and have to agree with you that episode 5 was the best of the series so far. It's been building up good to hopefully what'll be a good last couple of episodes. 

Also, I'm looking forward to the next season of Mando. 

Yeah first three episodes are slow but I like the background they are diving into 

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver Tensei AV Blue or  :ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: King Speedzone Black Yellow Fairway 3 wood Tensei AV Blue 65 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:titelist-small: T300 4i-GW - Tensei AV Blue AM2 Regular Flex  or :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter - BGT Stability Tour Black shaft 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

:cobra-small: Ultralight Cart Bag