2020 Official Member Review: Rapsodo MLM Personal Launch Monitor

Our Sponsors

8 hours ago, Mtbryant01 said:

I have an iPhone 12, while it does seem to run your battery down faster, my phone has never died while using. That is to say, I don’t go to the range with my battery at lower than 20%, but I’ll check today or tomorrow and see what my battery percentage is on at the start and end for you.

Plus for the most part everyone these days has a portable battery but who wants to deal with the hooking up of all that for a range session. Plus my daughter uses my battery to watch her shows while we are at the range. (In between her hitting balls too of course!)

7 hours ago, revkev said:

I’ve never had my battery run out in a range session. My bigger issue is the phone overheating in the summer months in Florida. 😞

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

It can get pretty hot here in SoCal too so overheating would be an issue as well. 

Driver : :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max D 9* Project X HZRDUS RDX Black 70g 6.0 Stiff

Woods : :benhogan-small: GS53 3 Wood 14* Mitsubish Tensei Blue 73g Regular

Hybrids: :callaway-small: XR Project X Stiff (3&4)

Irons : :callaway-small: Mavrik True Temper Elevate 95 Stiff Steel (5-PW,AW)

Wedges : File:Kirkland Signature logo.svg - Wikimedia Commons 52, 56, 60 

Putter : :taylormade-small:Spider Red

Bag : Datrek lightweight cart bag

Ball :  :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX

Rangefinder : TecTecTec ULT-X

Pushcart : Currently Testing Motocaddy M5 GPS DHC Electric Push Cart

SoCal, USA

Right handed HDCP 16.7

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Took the Rapsodo for first test on the range.    Initial thoughts 1) Setup was very easy. Pairing was a cinch. Selecting your clubs. Main difficulty was framing the swing with

I have 8 ft from ball to net. Then an additional 6-8 ft from Rapsodo to ball. Still tinkering with distance from Rapsodo to ball. See below.  

I topped 2 shots with driver in my garage. It ricocheted up. Need to Google how to patch a ceiling 

Posted Images

10 hours ago, tchat07 said:

How are you working on your launch angle? I just recieved my Rapsodo and am launching everything but my driver a good 5 degrees higher then I "should". I say that in quotes because I am basing it off when I got fitted and they had an optimal launch angle amount for a 7 iron being right around 17 degrees.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I am working on wedges only for the launch angle. My drivers are all topped shots, so the launch is 2-5 degrees right now

WITB

G400 10.5 

M2 3HL

Titleist 818 3 and 4 hybrid 

Ping G15 5-gap

Vokey SM7 54 degrees 

Vokey SM6 58 degrees 

Bobby Grace Shiloh putter

I apologize if this has already been asked/discussed (I admittedly have not read through all of the forum). 

Have any of you compared your normal driver numbers on say a GC Quad with clubface stickers or TrackMan to this Raspsodo?  I've got a friend who has one and he is a fast SS player like me.  His spin is really high with Rapsodo and he knows from ample testing on GC2 and trackman what his normal driver stats are (carry, spin, launch angle, etc.).  He says for most everything else it is pretty accurate.

Congrats on the awesome opportunity! 

• Like 1

Instagram:  @_chasing_scratch

YouTube: Chasing Scratch

Facebook:  Chasing Scratch

:SuperSpeed: Training

Pre training max driver speed: 124mph

Current: 130mph

WITB:

Driver: :ping-small: G400 LST 8.5* with HZRDUS SMOKE 6.5 70g 

Woods: :taylormade-small: 2007 Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z765 4-PW (1 degree flat) with KBS $-130 shafts

Wedges:  Vokey SM7 50/12/F, 54/10/S and 58/12/D

Putter: 681811256_Odysseylogo.png.499799aea6663befa411c8db1d859702.png Stroke Lab Ten S 33"

Ball:  :srixon-small: Z-Star XV

2 hours ago, ChasingScratch said:

I apologize if this has already been asked/discussed (I admittedly have not read through all of the forum). 

Have any of you compared your normal driver numbers on say a GC Quad with clubface stickers or TrackMan to this Raspsodo?  I've got a friend who has one and he is a fast SS player like me.  His spin is really high with Rapsodo and he knows from ample testing on GC2 and trackman what his normal driver stats are (carry, spin, launch angle, etc.).  He says for most everything else it is pretty accurate.

I’m trying to get a gapping session with one of the head pros at one of the local golf courses with a trackman to see how it compares with the Rapsodo. Weather hasn’t exactly cooperated lately. Hoping to compare here soon.

• Like 1

:ping-small:  G410 Plus, w/ X stiff 75 g Project X Evenflow Black shaft driver

:adams-small: GT Tight Lies 3 & 5 wood

:taylormade-small: SLDR AW - 4 iron S flex

:cleveland-small: Rotex 2.0 RTX 588 56°

:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 08M 60°

:scotty-small: Newport 2.5 putter

:Snell:MTB X golf balls

RH, Alabama

The Rapsodo does not read spin (yet) but from the MyGolfSpy test it was the most accurate compared to the high end launch monitors for the categories it does read.

• Like 2

Are you sure he doesn’t have a Mevo which measures spin rates. Rapsodo won’t but it’s very accurate on the swing speed and launch angle metrics - I think that’s pretty well established

• Like 2

Ping G410 - turned down to11.25 degrees, neutral setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

Wilson D7 forged 6-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

SCOR 52,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Currently testing Edison wedges to replace SCORS that are wearing out. Also auditions for the 14th spot in the bag.  Current possibilities are a Ping 26 degree hybrid - duplicates the 9 wood or 5 iron but would be used almost exclusively for chipping or Tour Exotics 3 wood simply because you can carry 14 clubs and I might occasionally hit it in certain unusual wind conditions once every four or five rounds. 

yeah - unless you put something on the ball (i.e. those silver stickers) it's pretty hard to use an accurate algorithm to measure spin. hopefully there's a breakthrough with that but as of now I don't think that's an option.

• Like 1

P G410 LST | C King F7 | C SuperHybrid | T 818 H2 | S Z785 | C ZipCore | Bettinardi SS38 armlock

On 2/9/2021 at 6:20 AM, revkev said:

Are you sure he doesn’t have a Mevo which measures spin rates. Rapsodo won’t but it’s very accurate on the swing speed and launch angle metrics - I think that’s pretty well established

LOL, MY BAD!!!!!  Yes, he has a Mevo+  total brain fart...

On 2/9/2021 at 5:28 AM, tchat07 said:

The Rapsodo does not read spin (yet) but from the MyGolfSpy test it was the most accurate compared to the high end launch monitors for the categories it does read.

Yeah I totally messed up.  He has a Mevo+.  My bad guys.  I dropped the ball there...

• Like 3

WITB:

Putter: 681811256_Odysseylogo.png.499799aea6663befa411c8db1d859702.png Stroke Lab Ten S 33"

On 2/8/2021 at 10:46 PM, Mtbryant01 said:

I’m trying to get a gapping session with one of the head pros at one of the local golf courses with a trackman to see how it compares with the Rapsodo. Weather hasn’t exactly cooperated lately. Hoping to compare here soon.

Awesome!  I look forward to the accuracy results!

WITB:

On 1/29/2021 at 10:10 PM, golfish! said:

I don't miss those NE winters. Expecting 60 degrees and sunshine tomorrow for my round. In other news, just put down an offer on Ebay for a Flightscope Mevo. Website FAQ says Android support was slated for end of 2020 but I don't see any updates on it. Let's see if the seller is willing to part with their Flightscope for the price I asked! 

You can currently get a brand new Mevo with 50 bucks off using promo code "50offMevo".  www.flightscopemevo.com

1 hour ago, Harpua728 said:

You can currently get a brand new Mevo with 50 bucks off using promo code "50offMevo".  www.flightscopemevo.com

yep they have those offers all the time. Just thinking of seeing if someone would be willing to part with one for less. I dont mind used.

Driver : :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max D 9* Project X HZRDUS RDX Black 70g 6.0 Stiff

Woods : :benhogan-small: GS53 3 Wood 14* Mitsubish Tensei Blue 73g Regular

Hybrids: :callaway-small: XR Project X Stiff (3&4)

Irons : :callaway-small: Mavrik True Temper Elevate 95 Stiff Steel (5-PW,AW)

Wedges : File:Kirkland Signature logo.svg - Wikimedia Commons 52, 56, 60 

Putter : :taylormade-small:Spider Red

Bag : Datrek lightweight cart bag

Ball :  :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX

Rangefinder : TecTecTec ULT-X

Pushcart : Currently Testing Motocaddy M5 GPS DHC Electric Push Cart

SoCal, USA

Right handed HDCP 16.7

Question for our testers.

How accurate do you think this is on wedge shots? I was getting readings of 40 degree launch angles on the range today while the apex was around 80 feet and carry about 90 yards with a 54. That did not seem right at all.

Ping G410 - turned down to11.25 degrees, neutral setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

SCOR 52,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Currently testing Edison wedges to replace SCORS that are wearing out. Also auditions for the 14th spot in the bag.  Current possibilities are a Ping 26 degree hybrid - duplicates the 9 wood or 5 iron but would be used almost exclusively for chipping or Tour Exotics 3 wood simply because you can carry 14 clubs and I might occasionally hit it in certain unusual wind conditions once every four or five rounds. 

I got the same on a range session. At the time it seemed correct especially outside. Indoors is another story. Review posting tonight

61AC46FE-D9A1-48F9-8818-4D5DB3FA1128.png

Edited by Rchang
  • Like 1

WITB

G400 10.5 

M2 3HL

Ping G15 5-gap

Vokey SM7 54 degrees 

Vokey SM6 58 degrees 

Review posted. 

• Like 1

WITB

G400 10.5 

M2 3HL

Ping G15 5-gap

Vokey SM7 54 degrees 

Vokey SM6 58 degrees 

1 hour ago, revkev said:

Question for our testers.

How accurate do you think this is on wedge shots? I was getting readings of 40 degree launch angles on the range today while the apex was around 80 feet and carry about 90 yards with a 54. That did not seem right at all.

Here’s one I got. I circled how high the ball actually got. I think the distance is close to being accurate. I don’t think the apex is exactly accurate. Do you typically carry about 90 yards with the 54?

DA93E9B7-D7D0-4AEC-9332-95A7DB4C662E.jpeg

• Like 1

RH, Alabama

Here’s one I got. I circled how high the ball actually got. I think the distance is close to being accurate. I don’t think the apex is exactly accurate. Do you typically carry about 90 yards with the 54?

DA93E9B7-D7D0-4AEC-9332-95A7DB4C662E.jpeg.4d6b57c918c8bb85fa4340a87f2e533f.jpeg

Yes the distance was accurate - I had a flag at 91 yards and was carrying it around that flag.

Ping G410 5-9 wood

SCOR 52,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Hey guys, I just posted my final review (minus the trackman vs rapsodo showdown happening next weekend). Go take a look!

• Like 2

RH, Alabama

7 hours ago, Mtbryant01 said:

Hey guys, I just posted my final review (minus the trackman vs rapsodo showdown happening next weekend). Go take a look!

Great job on the review!   Extra credit for the bloopers and for the fast ball coming back at you with the 5i 

• Like 1

2020 MGS Hard Rock Challenge

SkyCaddie SX400
OGIO Silencer:  Followed by Arccos
:ping-small: G410+, Tensei Orange
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w, Evenflow Riptide
:nike-small: Covert 2.0 3H, Kuro Kage Black
:wilson-small:
Wilson D7 Irons 4-GW,  Dynamic Gold AMT
:ping-small: Glide  52, 56 ES
:EVNROLL: ER2
:titelist-small: -ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Used my MLM on a par 3 the last day we were able to play (Nov) ... one guy missed right into bushes, easily lost ... when we got to the green it showed where everyone’s ball landed, especially the one in the bushes.  We def would not have spent much time looking under all those bushes for it. When winter is over, I hope to use it on those tees where we lose balls. Granted it won’t show exact location bouncing thru trees, but it probably will show where the ball might be in the underbrush lining the fairway ... that will be a time saver. How many people have wished for a tracker embedded in a golf ball? This is almost as good. It sets up quickly ... just a quick club selection is all ... something to consider.

• Like 2

Associate USGTF
Certified TPI - lvl 1

WITB....
Driver: 1998 Titleist 975, 9.5°, S Ultralight Graphite, DriTec LT 1/8 Over
(everyone asks if I’m hitting a 3 wood)

3 Wood: 1998 Titleist 975F, 14.5°, S Ultralight Fairway, DriTec LT Over

Hybrids: 2019 Calloway Apex, 3 & 4, Catalyst 70 - 6.0, Super Stroker Jumbo

Irons: 2019 Calloway Apex Pro black, 5-PW, Catalyst 100 - 6.0, Super Stroker Jumbo

Wedges: 2019 Calloway PM-grind, 56° & 60°, KBS steel, Green Cap

Putter: Vintage Ping Anser w/sound slot

1 hour ago, B_R_A_D_Y said:

Used my MLM on a par 3 the last day we were able to play (Nov) ... one guy missed right into bushes, easily lost ... when we got to the green it showed where everyone’s ball landed, especially the one in the bushes.  We def would not have spent much time looking under all those bushes for it. When winter is over, I hope to use it on those tees where we lose balls. Granted it won’t show exact location bouncing thru trees, but it probably will show where the ball might be in the underbrush lining the fairway ... that will be a time saver. How many people have wished for a tracker embedded in a golf ball? This is almost as good. It sets up quickly ... just a quick club selection is all ... something to consider.

how long does it take to get it positioned properly?

P G410 LST | C King F7 | C SuperHybrid | T 818 H2 | S Z785 | C ZipCore | Bettinardi SS38 armlock