TESTERS WANTED! ×

The Peloton Bike - We Tried It

juspoole

I just read the latest review on the Peloton bike.  My wife and I did something similar during quarantine and traded our treadmill for a spin bike.  We looked at the Peloton, but could not justify the cost of $2300 as well as $39 per month for membership for our first bike experience.  So we ended up getting the Schwinn IC4, which has bluetooth so that we could use our iPad to connect and the Peloton digitial app (12.99 per month) to get a great experience without a few components like output and leaderboard.  So far so good!  Since this was our first real spin bike, we chose to do a mid level bike and may choose to switch to the Peloton in 5 years or so.  Who knows.  

Sorry to ramble on, the true point of this thread was to ask if anyone else is currently on the Peloton app to add to the community.  My screenname (wifes' that I also use) is Kapoole3 so feel free to add me and we can keep one another accountable.  

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

18 hours ago, jlukes said:

I was about to get one but then the bills from my dog getting sick and having to put her down hit last week, so we had to cancel our order. 

bummed

Man - sorry to hear about that.  Definitely a tough part of being a dog owner...

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

Without trying it first, I think most people buy it. For years I have taken spin lessons many times a week but now live in an un-existing spin lesson, with the Peloton being the next best alternative. As a part of equipment I will recommend to check cheap dirt bikes under 1000 , the pin-in-hole securations for the handlebars and for the seatpost, forward-facing talkers on the tablet, are not much worse than any other spinning motor, and lack those features that would aid (horizontal adjustment for the handlebars, pin-in-hole securations on the tablet). It isn't as similar as you would be without a personal spin-class as you would have a class environment.

Edited by EyesFit

My Life My Style

• 10 months later...

I've transitioned to running a lot more this summer, but with the cold weather coming, I need to get back on my bike!

• 3 months later...

I will say the best part about Peloton is the versatility of the membership. Once you sign up you can do a plethora of classes. Stretching, yoga, strength, cardio, HIIT, Shadow Boxing, walking, etc. I like that the class aren’t just structured to only the bike.
I used their marathon prep program this fall to run my first one in the fall. Helped considerably, in my opinion. 

Driver:    :taylormade-small: M4 10.5* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Woods: :taylormade-small: M6 3W 15* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: M4 Rescue 19* / KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype 85g Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Irons:    :srixon-small:  Z585 4-AW / KBS Tour 90 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Wedges:cleveland-small: CBX - 56* & 60* / KBS Hi Rev 2.0 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4 Platinum / Superstroke Pistol

Ball:    :taylormade-small: Project a

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer 14

• 3 months later...

My girlfriend and I have used our Peloton bike for a year now, and it is great so far. This thing really helped me make my heart rate better and lose weight.
Before buying the bike, I used peloton weights, and they were enough for me because I did not work out a lot at home and preferred the local gym. Now, when I am busier at my job and don’t have so much time for exercise, I appreciate the opportunity to exercise inside the house. Sometimes I still go for a run around the area but not as often as I used to.
So, this bike is a great thing for people who need to save some time and be fit at the same time.

Edited by MarcoPoloG