Titleist Virtual Golf Ball Fitting

Golfspy_CG2

sounds like a nice way to get a free sample of balls to try. thanks for sharing

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

If i get the sample balls, of course I will find a way to lose them almost immediately.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

Got my Appt.......Jan 6 @ 1:00

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Oh that’s really cool, gonna give it a try!

:taylormade-small: STEALTH 2+ 10.5* FUJIKURA VENTUS TR BLACK 6X

:srixon-small: ZX MKII 3W 15* Project X HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX U.S.A. 8TX

:taylormade-small: Stealth+ 19 Mitsubishi Tensei Pro White 1K 85TX

:srixon-small: ZX7 4-PW KBS $Taper 130 BLACK PVD

:cleveland-small: RTX 6 Zipcore 50/54.10 Full Project X 6.0

:ping-small: GLIDE 4.0 60.10S DYNAMIC GOLD TOUR ISSUE S400

:EVNROLL: ER2v MIDLOCK 40”

:maxfli: TOUR X

:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9 with Slope 

:SuperSpeed:

4 hours ago, fozcycle said:

1 hour ago, cjeffs12 said:

Oh that’s really cool, gonna give it a try!

It was really fun.  Anytime you get a chance to speak directly with someone from one of the many companies, one thing usually stands out.   They love talking golf with us, as much as we do with them.  

Even if Titleist ends up not being your ball, you’ll come away with some good knowledge and a sample pack of the balls that would fit you.  

A win/win 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

5 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

So I did this today, and it was a very valuable 30 minutes.  Loved every minute of it.   Titleist is offering virtual golf ball fittings for free.  You get a 30 minute  zoom call with a member from the Titleist Ball Fitting Team. You fill out a questionnaire ahead of time.  Then during the call, Luke--in my case asked me about my current ball--Prov1X, why I chose it, what else I've played, then several questions about the type of shots I hit and what I want out of a ball. It wasn't cookie cutter at all, it was very individualized.

I play a Prov1X and the reason I do, is the higher launch, slightly longer distance and increased green spin.  He asked if I felt I lost just a touch of spin on say a 7 iron approach, would I still like the results.   I said, I suppose and asked why.   He went on to explain how the ProV1 Left Dash might help me with taking a tad more spin off the ball--which is something I said I wouldn't mind seeing off the tee.   He explained it will be a bit firmer feeling the VX, and if I felt I didn't like that, then I could absolutely stick with the X as it fits my game based on everything I said.

Part of the process is they send out a sample pack of the recommended ball, so that's pretty cool.

I highly recommend it for anyone that either wants to hear from a fitter which Titleist ball would fit them, or just in general learn more about ball performance. 

https://www.titleist.com/fitting/golf-ball-fitting

Recommended and Alternative Golf Ball Sleeves

Mine is set-up for January 5th, mid-morning. I’m looking forward to it. Hoping they might answer some questions about the upcoming balls by then.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

4 hours ago, dlow206 said:

If i get the sample balls, of course I will find a way to lose them almost immediately.

When they ask for your address, just have them sent to the golf course so they can throw them away for you.

that is awesome I am going to sign up now 

Driver: Taylormade Sim 2 Max

3 Wood: Callaway Epic Max

Driving Iron: Titleist u510

Hybrid: Taylormade Gapr

Irons: Taylormade P760

Wedges: Vokey Jet Black 52/56/60

Putter: Taylormade Spider X

Ball: ProV1x

• 3 weeks later...

I had my appointment a few weeks ago and just received my testing sleeves. I completely agree with @Golfspy_CG2 about how much of a no brainer this is for everyone, regardless if you play Titleist or not. 

At the end of my virtual fitting we ended up deciding that the ProV1 that I currently play is probably the best ball for me. However we both thought that it would definitely be worth it for me to test the -ProV1X to make sure there isn't any potential benefits being left on the table. So I am definitely looking forward to getting the -ProV1x on the course to test out

*:taylormade-small: Staff Professional*

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (7.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Black 6X Tipped 1" 

3 Wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (14.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Blue 7x Tipped 1"

Driving Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 UDI 2 iron - HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5

4 Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (5-7) :taylormade-small: P7MC - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (8-P) :taylormade-small: P7MB - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 Black 50.09 / 55.11 - KBS TOUR FLT 130 X

60* Wedge: :taylormade-small: High Toe Raw - KBS Tour 130 X

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpg Custom Black ER2 or Custom Black :taylormade-small: Del Monte

Bag:  :taylormade-small: FlexTech Stand Bag

Glove:  :taylormade-small: Tour Preferred Glove

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5X #11

RangeFinder: :918457628_PrecisionPro: R1 Smart Rangefinder

Instagram: @dpattgolf

I finally got my 30 with Titleist. It was pretty cool, zoom mtg just like m6 doctor appointments. He was current with what I had entered when I made the Appt. We discussed the difference between the Q Star Tour and the Pro V1. I have been playing both but have also played Wilson FG Tours and Maxfli Tour CG. After a brief discussion I let him know that I play Pro V1 but want a higher flight. He said the 1x would provide a higher flight and still give me decent stopping power on the green.

He then suggested the new Tour Speed might also fit my game. So I will get a short sleeve of both( Pro V1x & Tour Speed). Overall, a very informative 30 minutes. Hats off to Titleist for this new approach.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I just had my fitting yesterday. If nothing else, it was fun to talk about golf with the guy! And you get some golf balls to test? Glorious. It was also quite interesting talking about the changes for the ‘21 lineup that will be launching in a few weeks. Softer feel and more green side spin is the theme, and they’ve developed a new urethane cover. Should be a fun ball to test. 

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

Taylormade MG2 Wedges 50/55/60

Taylormade Spider X Putter

Wow, there are going to be some really busy and likely chat exhausted Titleist folks when this offering expires.  This is a pretty neat promotional idea - makes you wonder if they are trying things to maximize staff time and how to reach existing and perspective customers during the pandemic?  Getting the better part of $20 worth of balls for free is certainly an attention grabber.

Have any of you who did the live chat have also taken their on-line ball selector?  Did it result in a different outcome?  I just did the on-line tool, several times, starting with different "what ball do you currently play" (ProV1, MTB, Chromesoft, and Bridgestone BX S) and keep coming up with ProV1. 

image.png.052a2f0352f316962d99516dd23ec601.png

It seems odd that the on-line tool does not ask for swing or ball speed - is this a question in the live chat fitting?  My Truespec fitter suggested I try some AVX; which interestingly enough shows up as the "alternative ball".  I guess I should sign up for the chat and see if it yields a different ball.

...just scheduled for tomorrow at 1300.  

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

Wow, there are going to be some really busy and likely chat exhausted Titleist folks when this offering expires.  This is a pretty neat promotional idea - makes you wonder if they are trying things to maximize staff time and how to reach existing and perspective customers during the pandemic?  Getting the better part of $25 worth of balls for free is certainly an attention grabber.

Have any of you who did the live chat have also taken their on-line ball selector?  Did it result in a different outcome?  I just did the on-line tool, several times, starting with different "what ball do you currently play" (ProV1, MTB, Chromesoft, and Bridgestone BX S) and keep coming up with ProV1. 

image.png.052a2f0352f316962d99516dd23ec601.png

It seems odd that the on-line tool does not ask for swing or ball speed - is this a question in the live chat fitting?  My Truespec fitter suggested I try some AVX; which interestingly enough shows up as the "alternative ball".  I guess I should sign up for the chat and see if it yields a different ball.

...just scheduled for tomorrow at 1300.  

My conversation with the fitter focused more on current/desired ball flight, feel, and free side spin. He mentioned their research hasn’t shown swing speed to be a determining factor in what ball you should play comparative to the metrics listed. 

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

Taylormade MG2 Wedges 50/55/60

Taylormade Spider X Putter

Finished my virtual fitting. Took about 5 mins to figure out the ball I’m playing and have been playing consistently is the best options for me. Could I play another ball in the tour lineup without concern? Yup but then it comes down to as the fitter described nitpicking shots which if we can avoid why not avoid. The left dash is an option but doesn’t check the boxes we both agreed were checked and work for me in my current ball. So after a 15 min chat and agreement the Prov1 regardless of year is the best ball for me and will be even happier with the 2021 version 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

After reading the comments it sounds like a fun thing to go through.  Signed up for next week. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I had my fitting this past Monday, and it was great. We talked about what ball I play now, why, had I tried others, why I didn’t play those, we talked about my driver swing (I had data), and irons, shots around the green, EVERYTHING!!! So worth it! I’m a Pro V1X guy now, and his thought is I’ll continue to be. 
I can’t say enough about this experience! It’s SO worth 30 minutes of your day.

3 hours ago, jddaigneault said:

He mentioned their research hasn’t shown swing speed to be a determining factor in what ball you should play comparative to the metrics listed. 

Well, that would explain that... except that so many ball mfg.'s on-line fitting tools ask for average driver distance, which I would presume is used in some back calculation involving average correlating swing speed/ball speed.  Further, most of the marketing info says something about "for swing speeds above or below..." .  Hey, I'm not really arguing with you here as, quite honestly, I am still among those who are not seeing appreciable differences between the more popular balls.  I'm trying too, really I am 🙂.

I'm going to tell the Titleist fitter tomorrow exactly that.  Most recently, Chromesoft vs. Snell MTB Black vs. ProV1 vs. V1x vs. Maxfli Tour vs. Bridgestone B RX yield no obvious standout - tee to green.  This past Saturday,  I grabbed one of the Titleist Tour Softs from a complimentary sleeve at the Pro/Am event and played it most of the back nine. I did not notice any significant difference with that ball either (maybe a bit shorter off the tee).  I did like the unique alignment mark though... it has a engineering aspect to it 👍.

image.png.5036f221992e51554e281f3ae3c5aed4.png

On 12/16/2020 at 5:30 PM, fozcycle said:

How’d it go?

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

Never used Zoom before.  The email confirmation from Titleist has a direct link to join the meeting at the designated time.  I should have a PhD in WebEx use from my working days but that seems like a lifetime ago already.  Do I need to sign up with Zoom, create an account, ???  Thanks

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

Never used Zoom before.  The email confirmation from Titleist has a direct link to join the meeting at the designated time.  I should have a PhD in WebEx use from my working days but that seems like a lifetime ago already.  Do I need to sign up with Zoom, create an account, ???  Thanks

no need to signup for an account. I downloaded app on my phone and used the link in the email. If you want a zoom account tho you can create one

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Had my fitting yesterday afternoon and it was really fun! He asked about my game and we talked about what I like/don't like with my current gamer as well other balls I've tried. By the end of the call we were talking about how he thinks the issue isn't my ball but my irons. He's sending a sleeve of ProV1s because of putting and greenside performance but told me the new ProV1s (which he can't send out for another 3 weeks) would be an even better fit for my game based on some of the changes they've made.

Driver: :srixon-small: ZX5 LS MkII 9.5* (@ 9.0*) with 46.5" Ventus Blue 6X
3-wood: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* with Diamana Limited 75S
5-wood: :cobra-small: RADspeed 18.5* with Motore X F3 60S
2i: :srixon-small: ZX with SteelFiber i95 Stiff

4hy: :titleist-small: TS3 23* with Tensei AV Blue 70 S
4i-7i :srixon-small: ZX7, 8i-PW Z-Forged, Modus3 Tour 120 S
50*, 55* :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Modus3 Tour 125
60* :cleveland-small: RTX Full Face ZipCore DG Spinner S400
Putter: :callaway-small: Toulon Chicago with a :garsen: Quad Tour or :cleveland-small: HB SOFT Milled 10.5S with UST All-in

Ball: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour (but I might still have some :titleist-small: Left Dashes hanging around)
Bag: :srixon-small: Ltd Edition Tartan, blue/green/yellow

Using :ShotScope: to keep track of my shots

Tested:
:wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 3i-PW, KBS Tour-V 110S - Official Review
:titelist-small: Blind Ball Test (Ball #3 vs Ball #4) - Unofficial Review
:ShotScope:
 V3 GPS Watch + Tags - Official Review
:OnCore:
 Vero X2 - Official Review

The Stack System - Official Review

Had a great fun talk with David this morning about golf and golf ball tech. In the end, it was no surprise to me that I'm a V1X guy and will likely always be a V1X guy because of needing that high launch and spin. He talked to me a bit about the fitting philosophy at Titleist, talked a bit about the rumor from a while ago that Titleist "flipped the balls" and said it wasn't true, they just worked in taking the balloon out of the V1 to flatten it a bit off the tee. 

We also talked a bit about the give and take of ball manufacturing and how Titleist is trying to give it all. He said my current gamer, the BXS is great around the green and off the irons, but off the driver it's a bit softer and can spin a bit more off the driver which might be costing me a bit off the tee. Perhaps the most interesting thing he told me was that Titleist is totally cool with its ball people expensing other balls and testing them against the new stuff so that way they can speak more eloquently to consumers which is nifty.

So I have a couple of Yellow V1X coming to me which is awesome and am excited to hear about the new 2021 line launching at the end of the month. That buy 3 get 1 sale might not be able to get here soon enough.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

2 hours ago, Berg Ryman said:

talked a bit about the rumor from a while ago that Titleist "flipped the balls" and said it wasn't true, they just worked in taking the balloon out of the V1 to flatten it a bit off the tee. 

He might want to check with the R&D guys because they confirmed it in an interview

https://www.pgatour.com/equipmentreport/2019/02/26/know-the-differences-titleist-pro-v1-pro-v1x-golf-ball-equipment.html

Just now, RickyBobby_PR said:

He might want to check with the R&D guys because they confirmed it in an interview

https://www.pgatour.com/equipmentreport/2019/02/26/know-the-differences-titleist-pro-v1-pro-v1x-golf-ball-equipment.html

Well, considering he's the West Coast Ball Fitter for the company, I kinda trust him. 😀

Maybe I wasn't as clear as translating what he said to me into my words which is my bad, the conversation was just so cool. He said that the rumor that the pro v1 of current just became the old v1x with a different stamp and vice versa wasn't true, they just worked on engineering to even up those spin profiles to take the higher spinning driver shot out of the ball while keeping spin consistent through the bag while working on achieving lift with dimple patterns.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

25 minutes ago, Berg Ryman said:

Well, considering he's the West Coast Ball Fitter for the company, I kinda trust him. 😀

Maybe I wasn't as clear as translating what he said to me into my words which is my bad, the conversation was just so cool. He said that the rumor that the pro v1 of current just became the old v1x with a different stamp and vice versa wasn't true, they just worked on engineering to even up those spin profiles to take the higher spinning driver shot out of the ball while keeping spin consistent through the bag while working on achieving lift with dimple patterns.

The spin profiles is why several pros switched to the Prov1 from the 1x. 

It is correct they didn’t just swap labels and yes they used design to bring the balls closer together but regardless of what David says the linked article explains not only the switch between the two bald, but when and how they did it