TESTERS WANTED! ×

Titleist Virtual Golf Ball Fitting

Golfspy_CG2

Just completed my meeting with David.  Definitely a great idea on Titleist's behalf and worth your time if on the fence to take advantage of the promotion. 

So I explained that, much to the amazement of my fellow MGS's, I struggle to see any appreciable difference between top shelf tour balls.  That you folks talk about zeroing in on a particular ball and yield payouts in performance.  After a few questions he simply stated "don't take this the wrong way, but you are among the worst/most challenging type player to fit a ball too".  Moreover, I don't discern much difference in sound or feel.  He went on to say that my ball flight and ability to hold greens, virtually throughout the bag, makes the differences so subtle.  On the plus side is that I'm able choose by price a bit more than most.  One test he suggested, in attempt to find a threshold, would be to do some short yardage chipping, 30-40 yards out, with the ProV1 and Velocity.  He expects I'll see some reduced holding ability; citing a -1500 rpm spin rate on robot tests.

He still thinks the ProV1 is my best fit and is sending a couple of two-packs my way.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

13 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

So I explained that, much to the amazement of my fellow MGS's, I struggle to see any appreciable difference between top shelf tour balls.  That you folks talk about zeroing in on a particular ball and yield payouts in performance.  After a few questions he simply stated "don't take this the wrong way, but you are among the worst/most challenging type player to fit a ball too".  Moreover, I don't discern much difference in sound or feel.  He went on to say that my ball flight and ability to hold greens, virtually throughout the bag, makes the differences so subtle. 

Sounds like how my discussion may go; eager for my appointment to get here. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

7 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

One test he suggested, in attempt to find a threshold, would be to do some short yardage chipping, 30-40 yards out, with the ProV1 and Velocity.  He expects I'll see some reduced holding ability; citing a -1500 rpm spin rate on robot tests.

In my fitting, he was between ProV1 and AVX. I had tried the first gen AVX and hated it, largely due to my inability to control spin on partial shots. (A crisp chip should have some grab to it and then trickle out and I was getting big hops and run that looked more like playing a 2-piece ball.) He said the newer version has added more greenside spin, but it's still lower spin than ProV1. So I should start with V1 and if I've still got too much spin on full swings, try the new AVX and see if the cover changes work for me.

Driver: :srixon-small: ZX5 LS MkII 9.5* (@ 9.0*) with 46.5" Ventus Blue 6X
3-wood: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* with Diamana Limited 75S
5-wood: :cobra-small: RADspeed 18.5* with Motore X F3 60S
2i: :srixon-small: ZX with SteelFiber i95 Stiff

4hy: :titleist-small: TS3 23* with Tensei AV Blue 70 S
4i-7i :srixon-small: ZX7, 8i-PW Z-Forged, Modus3 Tour 120 S
50*, 55* :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Modus3 Tour 125
60* :cleveland-small: RTX Full Face ZipCore DG Spinner S400
Putter: :callaway-small: Toulon Chicago with a :garsen: Quad Tour or :cleveland-small: HB SOFT Milled 10.5S with UST All-in

Ball: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour (but I might still have some :titleist-small: Left Dashes hanging around)
Bag: :srixon-small: Ltd Edition Tartan, blue/green/yellow

Using :ShotScope: to keep track of my shots

Tested:
:wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 3i-PW, KBS Tour-V 110S - Official Review
:titelist-small: Blind Ball Test (Ball #3 vs Ball #4) - Unofficial Review
:ShotScope:
 V3 GPS Watch + Tags - Official Review
:OnCore:
 Vero X2 - Official Review

The Stack System - Official Review

I'm on it.  That is pretty cool.  I would not expect that from Titleist since they are the number 1 ball played.  I'm going to give it a try as well!  Thanks for the heads up Rob.  My appointment is set up for Thursday at 4, can't wait.  I've been looking for a ball to play for a few seasons now.  Tried the Bridgestone two seasons ago, Srixon this season and just bought a box of Snell's.  I've played Pro V1x for a number of years so it will be interesting to see what they say. 

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero Hzdrs Smoke x flex 70g

3 Wood:  :titelist-small: 917 w/ Diamana Whiteboard stiff

5 Wood : :callaway-small: Epic Flash 18* Hzdrs Smoke stiff

4 Hybrid: image.png.cf6ab25979c6727ff31e6cc6f719636c.png TSi3 Hzdrs Smoke X flex

Irons:  :callaway-small: 5-7  Apex forged 19 w/ Modus 120 X

9-A Apex Pro 19 w/ Modus 120 X

Wedges:  :callaway-small: MD5 52&56 Jaws Dynamic Gold wedge flex

Putter: :titelist-small: Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5 34"

I have my appointment Wednesday at 10 am.  It should be interesting. 

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

Thanks to all for the input on the virtual fitting. Made an appointment for Jan. 13. I am excited to hear what the fitter has to say for me with regards to the left dash. I play the Pro V1 and have dabbled with the VX, but I found it to be too clicky off of my irons. It's really a feel thing for me, so we will see.

Mizuno ST190, 9 degrees, Fujikura Ventus Black 6S

Mizuno ST190, 14 degrees, Fujikura Ventus Black 7S

Mizuno ST200 , 18 degrees, Fujikura Ventus Blue 7X

Miura CB 301, 4 iron, Fujikura Ventus 9x

Miura CB 301, 5-PW Nippon Modus 120S

Miura K Grind, 52, 54 and 58, Nippon Modus 130s  hand ground by Usher Golf

Miura KM 006 LH 

On 1/10/2021 at 10:17 AM, BKordon said:

Thanks to all for the input on the virtual fitting. Made an appointment for Jan. 13. I am excited to hear what the fitter has to say for me with regards to the left dash. I play the Pro V1 and have dabbled with the VX, but I found it to be too clicky off of my irons. It's really a feel thing for me, so we will see.

If you think the X is too clicky, the left dash is even moreso. In my appt I mentioned I gravitate towards low-spin/high-launch balls with the driver but I also struggle with irons spinning too much. I told him I love the Z Star XV except for one thing: putting. It's very clicky and mentally I just struggle to get the right feel for distance. He told me that ball performance on the putter is basically identical across balls but it's so psychological that on this reason alone, he'd eliminate left dash from contention for me. "It doesn't matter if you hit every green in regulation if you 3-putt half of them."

Driver: :srixon-small: ZX5 LS MkII 9.5* (@ 9.0*) with 46.5" Ventus Blue 6X
3-wood: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* with Diamana Limited 75S
5-wood: :cobra-small: RADspeed 18.5* with Motore X F3 60S
2i: :srixon-small: ZX with SteelFiber i95 Stiff

4hy: :titleist-small: TS3 23* with Tensei AV Blue 70 S
4i-7i :srixon-small: ZX7, 8i-PW Z-Forged, Modus3 Tour 120 S
50*, 55* :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Modus3 Tour 125
60* :cleveland-small: RTX Full Face ZipCore DG Spinner S400
Putter: :callaway-small: Toulon Chicago with a :garsen: Quad Tour or :cleveland-small: HB SOFT Milled 10.5S with UST All-in

Ball: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour (but I might still have some :titleist-small: Left Dashes hanging around)
Bag: :srixon-small: Ltd Edition Tartan, blue/green/yellow

Using :ShotScope: to keep track of my shots

Tested:
:wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 3i-PW, KBS Tour-V 110S - Official Review
:titelist-small: Blind Ball Test (Ball #3 vs Ball #4) - Unofficial Review
:ShotScope:
 V3 GPS Watch + Tags - Official Review
:OnCore:
 Vero X2 - Official Review

The Stack System - Official Review

On 1/10/2021 at 10:17 AM, BKordon said:

56 minutes ago, greggarner said:

If you think the X is too clicky, the left dash is even moreso. In my appt I mentioned I gravitate towards low-spin/high-launch balls with the driver but I also struggle with irons spinning too much. I told him I love the Z Star XV except for one thing: putting. It's very clicky and mentally I just struggle to get the right feel for distance. He told me that ball performance on the putter is basically identical across balls but it's so psychological that on this reason alone, he'd eliminate left dash from contention for me. "It doesn't matter if you hit every green in regulation if you 3-putt half of them."

Yeah the left dash is more clicky compared to the prov1x and sounds like will be even more so with the new Prov1x 

when we talked balls the sound/feel with putter was a large part of our conversation and was another determining factor in recommending i stay with the Prov1 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

How’d it go?

Excellent. We spent about 20 minutes back and forth regarding what I need in a ball and my current ball flights. He said the Pro V1x and we discussed the benefits over my current balls(Srixon Q Star Tour & Maxfli Tour). He then said I should also try the Tour Speed. So now I am playing Pro V1x and waiting fir the sample Toyr Speed to arrive. Very good use of 30 minutes.

Using Cobra Speedzone Extreme Driverw/ Mitsubishi Tense av Blue regular shaft; Cobra King F8 4W & 6W w/Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue regular shaft; Tour Edge CVX 119 4 Hybrid , Irons 5-PW Wilson Staff D-7 w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Wilson Staff D-7 48 & 54 wedges, Cleveland Zipcore 58 wedge & Slotline SSI693 putter.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Signed up for Thursday at 9am. Looks like I won't be able to make my employer's zoom retirement celebration for that jacka** in tax after all! Suck it, Tony! 

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

Got my appt. today at 2pm. Probably wouldn't bother doing this, but I'm off due to a work injury and quite bored.  Curious to see what he says as I love the Prov1. The X I think has too much greens side spin for my liking and I feel that the extra spin off the tee hurts me due to swing flaw. Loved the AVX when it came out, but when greens get hard It lost me due to lack of spin. Interested to hear his thoughts on the new AVX  as it is supposed to have more spin. 

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

4 hours ago, pulledabill said:

Got my appt. today at 2pm. Probably wouldn't bother doing this, but I'm off due to a work injury and quite bored.  Curious to see what he says as I love the Prov1. The X I think has too much greens side spin for my liking and I feel that the extra spin off the tee hurts me due to swing flaw. Loved the AVX when it came out, but when greens get hard It lost me due to lack of spin. Interested to hear his thoughts on the new AVX  as it is supposed to have more spin. 

I had my fitting and it ended about where I thought it would so nothing earth shaking. He (Drew) encouraged  me staying with the V1 since and try the new or newest AVX as it has more spin than the 1st year model so that is what he is sending me. 

Some small talk and learned a few things about how a pro chooses a ball and what not. It was a overall positive experience and thanks to Titleist. 

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

26 minutes ago, pulledabill said:

I had my fitting and it ended about where I thought it would so nothing earth shaking. He (Drew) encouraged  me staying with the V1 since and try the new or newest AVX as it has more spin than the 1st year model so that is what he is sending me. 

Some small talk and learned a few things about how a pro chooses a ball and what not. It was a overall positive experience and thanks to Titleist. 

I have an appointment with Drew tomorrow at 10 am. 

38 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I have an appointment with Drew tomorrow at 10 am. 

I drew Drew at 4:00

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

50 minutes ago, cnosil said:

I drew Drew at 4:00

I think Drew will want a new job once we are all done with him.  Also seems like everyone is getting directed torward the Pro V1 so far. Probably an easy way to get rid of last years model and at the same time recruiting people toward purchasing the new model. Marketing at its best!

19 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I think Drew will want a new job once we are all done with him.  Also seems like everyone is getting directed torward the Pro V1 so far. Probably an easy way to get rid of last years model and at the same time recruiting people toward purchasing the new model. Marketing at its best!

Had a buddy do the fitting and he was out in the 1x or to try the left dash. 

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Anyone receive their balls yet??? Curious as to how long I should expect to wait for mine to arrive.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

9 hours ago, greggarner said:

That's great to know. I'm going into the virtual fitting with an open mind. About three times a year, I think, let's try the VX( I have some left over from a rep, and after about three holes, I'm kindly reminded why I don't like them and it is typically with a wedge in my hand. As we know, putting may me psychological, but it is also sound and perceived feel and I am likely to stick with the Pro V1. Thanks for the feedback.

Miura KM 006 LH 

8 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Yeah the left dash is more clicky compared to the prov1x and sounds like will be even more so with the new Prov1x 

when we talked balls the sound/feel with putter was a large part of our conversation and was another determining factor in recommending i stay with the Prov1 

Again, I am thinking I'm in the same boat, and I hate clicky balls off of the wedges and putter. It messes with my distance control, reality or psychological. Am I a head case? 

Miura KM 006 LH 

27 minutes ago, BKordon said:

Again, I am thinking I'm in the same boat, and I hate clicky balls off of the wedges and putter. It messes with my distance control, reality or psychological. Am I a head case? 

All golfers are what cases but I would say not really when it comes to the sound/feel of the ball with the putter.

We came back to that concept several times in my fitting. My preference for a softer feel on the greens was probably the checked box that put the Prov1 as my ball

21 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

All golfers are what cases but I would say not really when it comes to the sound/feel of the ball with the putter.

We came back to that concept several times in my fitting. My preference for a softer feel on the greens was probably the checked box that put the Prov1 as my ball

So true, sir! Can’t wait to see what I learn tomorrow.

Miura KM 006 LH 

9 hours ago, txgolfjunkie said:

Signed up for Thursday at 9am. Looks like I won't be able to make my employer's zoom retirement celebration for that jacka** in tax after all! Suck it, Tony! 

HA!  Now that's funny!  Suck it!

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero Hzdrs Smoke x flex 70g

3 Wood:  :titelist-small: 917 w/ Diamana Whiteboard stiff

5 Wood : :callaway-small: Epic Flash 18* Hzdrs Smoke stiff

4 Hybrid: image.png.cf6ab25979c6727ff31e6cc6f719636c.png TSi3 Hzdrs Smoke X flex

Irons:  :callaway-small: 5-7  Apex forged 19 w/ Modus 120 X

9-A Apex Pro 19 w/ Modus 120 X

Wedges:  :callaway-small: MD5 52&56 Jaws Dynamic Gold wedge flex

Putter: :titelist-small: Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5 34"

Had my virtual meeting yesterday. The host was awesome...ND fan like myself so the conversation started off great.  After chatting about which ball i currently play and what my game was like, he was glad to hear the driver was not really a consideration in ball selection.  He said the Tour speed would not benefit me at all and he also compared thier testing data of my curremnt ball (TP5), vs the AVX, Prov1.....their data suggested the TP5 is shorter off the tee because of the spin characteristics and said I should gain a few yards with Prov1 or AVX....but since that was the last factor on our list and it was a "nice to have", we focused on 6 iron and in...the scoring clubs.....at the end of the day, he wants me to try Prov1 and AVX side ny side in putting, chipping and 50 yards and in to see what i like better.....i thought it was an awesome meeting and very nice of Titleist to offer this to all of us.....it was amazing.....

Golf is cool

17 minutes ago, Tsecor said:

Had my virtual meeting yesterday. The host was awesome...ND fan like myself so the conversation started off great.  After chatting about which ball i currently play and what my game was like, he was glad to hear the driver was not really a consideration in ball selection.  He said the Tour speed would not benefit me at all and he also compared thier testing data of my curremnt ball (TP5), vs the AVX, Prov1.....their data suggested the TP5 is shorter off the tee because of the spin characteristics and said I should gain a few yards with Prov1 or AVX....but since that was the last factor on our list and it was a "nice to have", we focused on 6 iron and in...the scoring clubs.....at the end of the day, he wants me to try Prov1 and AVX side ny side in putting, chipping and 50 yards and in to see what i like better.....i thought it was an awesome meeting and very nice of Titleist to offer this to all of us.....it was amazing.....

I see similar with the tp5 compare to Prov1. I prefer the tp5x in the TM balls. 

21 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

I see similar with the tp5 compare to Prov1. I prefer the tp5x in the TM balls. 

the TP5X didnt work for me on any level....not sure why....a lot of people like it but its too firm for my liking and i seem to spray it all over the place.....its probably a mental thing lol

Golf is cool

5 minutes ago, Tsecor said:

the TP5X didnt work for me on any level....not sure why....a lot of people like it but its too firm for my liking and i seem to spray it all over the place.....its probably a mental thing lol

Our minds do funny things. This year I’ve played both tp balls, tour bx, 17&19 versions of the Prov1 and 1x and the left dash.

tp5 was really a hit or miss ball from tee to green, probably the only ball I struggled with putting. The left dash was good but off the tee not enough spin for me.

5x and both years for the titleist balls were my favorites on course. I still have some 19 Prov1 plus the ones the fitter is sending that I’ll end up comparing for the 21 Prov1 this year

I just finished up my meeting with Drew at Titleist. Very helpful and knew what direction to go to give me my best results. Even though I kind of new he would put me in the Pro V1 he said that the new model would be even better for me due to it having a slightly higher launch which is what we were trying to achieve as well as having the spin to stop and not feel hard like the X. They are not available yet but he is sending me a sample pack of the current Pro V1 and a sample of the Tour Speed. He said I might like the AVX but it did have a lower ball flight. I told him I would try them but he didn't have to send me any. I have a dozen in the closet that I won in a tournament last season.

12 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I just finished up my meeting with Drew at Titleist. Very helpful and knew what direction to go to give me my best results. Even though I kind of new he would put me in the Pro V1 he said that the new model would be even better for me due to it having a slightly higher launch which is what we were trying to achieve as well as having the spin to stop and not feel hard like the X. They are not available yet but he is sending me a sample pack of the current Pro V1 and a sample of the Tour Speed. He said I might like the AVX but it did have a lower ball flight. I told him I would try them but he didn't have to send me any. I have a dozen in the closet that I won in a tournament last season.

According to testing by TXG, there is a noticeable difference between prior and current (2020) AVX models. They do some good ball testing on youtube if you want to check it out. The 2020 AVX is more similar to Left Dash Pro V1X performance wise. 

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

It's not like I need any balls but I do like to try what comes my way to see if there is anything that stands out. Then I will put in in play when it counts. I get a lot of balls in events that I participate in or from suppliers and such. I haven't purchased golf balls in a very long time.  Below is a photo of 1/2 of my current inventory.  The other half is in my basement. Those are set aside for when I donate sleeves to those less fortunate, First Tee, or anybody that I know that doesn't play well that is looking for balls. I gave three dozen to a co-worker that is just starting to play golf a few weeks ago.

Balls.jpg.aee1ff54fc50f11a320eba1a213d5130.jpg

2 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Our minds do funny things. This year I’ve played both tp balls, tour bx, 17&19 versions of the Prov1 and 1x and the left dash.

tp5 was really a hit or miss ball from tee to green, probably the only ball I struggled with putting. The left dash was good but off the tee not enough spin for me.

5x and both years for the titleist balls were my favorites on course. I still have some 19 Prov1 plus the ones the fitter is sending that I’ll end up comparing for the 21 Prov1 this year

The ones sent by Titleist are 2021 balls? 

Golf is cool