Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Titleist Virtual Golf Ball Fitting

Golfspy_CG2

1 minute ago, Tsecor said:

The ones sent by Titleist are 2021 balls? 

No, Drew told me today that the 2021 model will not be available to the public yet.  Probably not for a few more weeks. Only the Pro's have them in play now. 

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

11 minutes ago, Tsecor said:

The ones sent by Titleist are 2021 balls? 

No. They are the 19. I was saying my current stash of the Prov1 plus the 19 version that fitter is sending will be what I compare to the 21 when they come out

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

7 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

No, Drew told me today that the 2021 model will not be available to the public yet.  Probably not for a few more weeks. Only the Pro's have them in play now. 

The 21 will be available in March when the release is official. The fitters are getting them in a couple weeks and only have white box version right now

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Just finished going through my fitting.   We came to the conclusion that my best options are V1 or AVX.  Going to send me some of each to compare side by side to see which works best.   Thinks that V1 may be the best option, but AVX may be a good option to give me a little flatter/lower iron trajectory. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

4 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Just finished going through my fitting.   We came to the conclusion that my best options are V1 or AVX.  Going to send me some of each to compare side by side to see which works best.   Thinks that V1 may be the best option, but AVX may be a good option to give me a little flatter/lower iron trajectory. 

Did he say how long before you receive the trials?

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

22 minutes ago, PMookie said:

Didn't ask,  just said he would send them out to me.  

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

30 minutes ago, PMookie said:

My buddy got his pretty quick. All depends on how slow delivery service is.

They said they ship Fed Ex or UPS so it should be a rather quick delivery compared to USPS.

1 hour ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

My buddy got his pretty quick. All depends on how slow delivery service is.

Ok. I did my fitting over a week ago. Thanks!

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

1 hour ago, PMookie said:

Ok. I did my fitting over a week ago. Thanks!

Me too. I don’t have mine yet but based on some other stuff I have tracking info on I have limited my expectations on when I’ll get the trial packs of balls

9 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I just finished up my meeting with Drew at Titleist. Very helpful and knew what direction to go to give me my best results. Even though I kind of new he would put me in the Pro V1 he said that the new model would be even better for me due to it having a slightly higher launch which is what we were trying to achieve as well as having the spin to stop and not feel hard like the X. They are not available yet but he is sending me a sample pack of the current Pro V1 and a sample of the Tour Speed. He said I might like the AVX but it did have a lower ball flight. I told him I would try them but he didn't have to send me any. I have a dozen in the closet that I won in a tournament last season.

So you had Drew as well. Good guy. He shared that in August he moved from the midwest to the Front Range and is actually about an hour from our club. We discussed ball flight at elevation and about his take on the Pro V1 was that it just flattens out and goes. The consensus ended up being to stick with the Pro V1 and to not even mess with the X. We discussed how for me, the V goes further off of the driver. He also mentioned that in theory, if hit the same way, the driver distance of the V and the X should be roughly the same, based on what the ball designers are aiming for. The fitting was a good experience and summed up what has been working for me.

Mizuno ST190, 9 degrees, Fujikura Ventus Black 6S

Mizuno ST190, 14 degrees, Fujikura Ventus Black 7S

Mizuno ST200 , 18 degrees, Fujikura Ventus Blue 7X

Miura CB 301, 4 iron, Fujikura Ventus 9x

Miura CB 301, 5-PW Nippon Modus 120S

Miura K Grind, 52, 54 and 58, Nippon Modus 130s  hand ground by Usher Golf

Miura KM 006 LH 

5 hours ago, PMookie said:

Update to my last response.  I just got Fedex notification with tracking number that they are on their way. 

Drew is legit. He also mentioned he read this thread last night so...sup Drew. 

He's sending me AVX and Left Dash Pro V1x. I'm stoked. He also said to start at the green and work your way back when figuring out which ball is best for my game. Usually amateurs like myself put a few on the tee and see which is the longest and just go from there. It was cool to hear that when they fit pros, they don't look at a lot of the driver metrics that you and I might focus on...like ball speed, spin, etc because the longest off the tee means diddly squat when it doesn't do what you want 150y and in. 

Here's what is genius about this zoom fitting from Titleist: It's making customers for life...or for a really long time. You are giving the general public an opportunity to talk about your game to someone directly from the company from the comforts of your own home...or office...or wherever. Unless you can catch a rep at a ball fitting, you're relegated to getting your information from online forums and guys on YouTube that think everything is amazing. Outside from last year's MGS ball test, what do we have to go off of? Seriously. Are you going to trust some random person from the NE or a rep from the actual ball company in a 30 minute one on one session? I hope Titleist continues this for every major ball release. 

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

Again, I am thinking I'm in the same boat, and I hate clicky balls off of the wedges and putter. It messes with my distance control, reality or psychological. Am I a head case? 

I am just the opposite....I like the clicks sound when putting. You get that on the firmer Vx1.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
Cobra F8 (12*)w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue Regular; 3W & 5W Cobra King F8 w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue Regular shafts; Tour Edge CBX119 22* Hybrid w/Project X Evenflo Regular shaft; Wilson Staff D-7 5-PW + GW + SW w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore LW(58*) w/DG Spinner shaft. Putter: 33” Slotline SSi 693 Bag: Cobra Ultralight Cart bag, Peaccoat Blue.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

So glad to see so many of you taking advantage of this.  It really is a no brainer and like @txgolfjunkie said, I hope it's something Titleist is able to carry forward post pandemic in some fashion.

I know every company has good and knowledgeable reps, but I've spoken to many different reps and HQ staff from Titleist over the past several years and in addition their knowledge, they truly and honestly love talking with golfers about their game and equipment. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

21 hours ago, cnosil said:

Pretty much my finding as well, except that right at the end he felt the V1's fit me so well he sent me two packs of those.  Not received yet and I did not ask about delivery.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

5 hours ago, txgolfjunkie said:

Drew is legit. He also mentioned he read this thread last night so...sup Drew. 

He's sending me AVX and Left Dash Pro V1x. I'm stoked. He also said to start at the green and work your way back when figuring out which ball is best for my game. Usually amateurs like myself put a few on the tee and see which is the longest and just go from there. It was cool to hear that when they fit pros, they don't look at a lot of the driver metrics that you and I might focus on...like ball speed, spin, etc because the longest off the tee means diddly squat when it doesn't do what you want 150y and in. 

Here's what is genius about this zoom fitting from Titleist: It's making customers for life...or for a really long time. You are giving the general public an opportunity to talk about your game to someone directly from the company from the comforts of your own home...or office...or wherever. Unless you can catch a rep at a ball fitting, you're relegated to getting your information from online forums and guys on YouTube that think everything is amazing. Outside from last year's MGS ball test, what do we have to go off of? Seriously. Are you going to trust some random person from the NE or a rep from the actual ball company in a 30 minute one on one session? I hope Titleist continues this for every major ball release. 

I mentioned to Drew that I heard about this on MGS. I think he got a chuckle out of that.  Ive got test balls from Titleist in the pass but none this year but holding out hope. 

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

I just got a FedEx notification...balls on their way. Will arrive Monday. Drew ain't no slouch! 

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

12 minutes ago, txgolfjunkie said:

I just got a FedEx notification...balls on their way. Will arrive Monday. Drew ain't no slouch! 

Wow! We have collectively kept Drew very busy this week. Hopefully we have depleted his stash of balls.

Miura KM 006 LH 

Just got my FedEx notification for a Monday delivery. Shout-out to David, who doesn't seem to be getting as much love as Drew, but definitely deserves it!

Driver: :srixon-small: ZX5 LS MkII 9.5* (@ 9.0*) with 46.5" Ventus Blue 6X
3-wood: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* with Diamana Limited 75S
5-wood: :cobra-small: RADspeed 18.5* with Motore X F3 60S
2i: :srixon-small: ZX with SteelFiber i95 Stiff

4hy: :titleist-small: TS3 23* with Tensei AV Blue 70 S
4i-7i :srixon-small: ZX7, 8i-PW Z-Forged, Modus3 Tour 120 S
50*, 55* :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Modus3 Tour 125
60* :cleveland-small: RTX Full Face ZipCore DG Spinner S400
Putter: :callaway-small: Toulon Chicago with a :garsen: Quad Tour or :cleveland-small: HB SOFT Milled 10.5S with UST All-in

Ball: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour (but I might still have some :titleist-small: Left Dashes hanging around)
Bag: :srixon-small: Ltd Edition Tartan, blue/green/yellow

Using :ShotScope: to keep track of my shots

Tested:
:wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 3i-PW, KBS Tour-V 110S - Official Review
:titelist-small: Blind Ball Test (Ball #3 vs Ball #4) - Unofficial Review
:ShotScope:
 V3 GPS Watch + Tags - Official Review
:OnCore:
 Vero X2 - Official Review

The Stack System - Official Review

5 minutes ago, greggarner said:

Just got my FedEx notification for a Monday delivery. Shout-out to David, who doesn't seem to be getting as much love as Drew, but definitely deserves it!

I think Drew just got the short straw on having to handle the majority of the MSG junkies. All fo the Titleist people I have ever interacted with were great. I was working a table at the Park City Food & Wine event a handful of years ago and the Western Regional rep at the time was attending and he wanted to horse trade bottles for golf gear. It was on day three of the event and the crowd was in rare form. 

Miura KM 006 LH 

I had my "fitting" yesterday with Drew and man, what a wealth of knowledge that guy has.  When I was playing Titleist, I was playing the ProV1x.  I was always pleased with that ball.  After talking for a bit and me telling him I wanted something low spin off the tee, he told me that the regular ProV would have been better for me than the X.  He said the X was designed to spin MORE off the long clubs.  This is why many of us (myself included), thought Titleist switched the V1 and the X.  They didn't per say.  He said they switched the characteristics off the TEE, but that was it.  

Long story short, he wants me to try the Left Dash and the AVX.  He said both are very similar with the AVX "feeling" softer and launching a bit lower.  Left Dash will feel a bit firmer and launch a bit higher.  We shall see.  If you have not done so already, you need to do this.  It was worth the time.  He also said in March Titleist does their buy 3 get 1 free with free personalization.  Keep that in mind if you choose Titleist.  

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero Hzdrs Smoke x flex 70g

3 Wood:  :titelist-small: 917 w/ Diamana Whiteboard stiff

5 Wood : :callaway-small: Epic Flash 18* Hzdrs Smoke stiff

4 Hybrid: image.png.cf6ab25979c6727ff31e6cc6f719636c.png TSi3 Hzdrs Smoke X flex

Irons:  :callaway-small: 5-7  Apex forged 19 w/ Modus 120 X

9-A Apex Pro 19 w/ Modus 120 X

Wedges:  :callaway-small: MD5 52&56 Jaws Dynamic Gold wedge flex

Putter: :titelist-small: Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5 34"

10 hours ago, greggarner said:

David Bustamante was my fitter. There was a guy named luke that did @Golfspy_CG2 as well as another friend of mine

My balls will arrive Monday as well.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Fitting on Tuesday afternoon and the balls arrived today. 

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

My fitting is in a couple of weeks - I was on for yesterday but work kept getting in the way (on what would normally have been my day off) so I rescheduled.  I can't wait to get back to work physically were I have an administrative assistant to act as a buffer for me.  

My last live Titleist ball fitting was the best fitting that I have ever had period!  I learned more about the best bag make up for me from that fitting than I have ever learned at any fitting including the one at the Tour Performance Center at TPC Sawgrass.  To be fair that one was only supposed to be for Driver and Fairway wood - I learned a lot about that portion of my game at that time -

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

My balls are stuck in the local distribution center until Tuesday 😞    Not playing this week so not a big deal.

My samples showed up at the house today. I also have a new Sub-70 wedge showing out for delivery and in my neighborhood. Would all be great if the weather wasn't crap and my sprained toe needing about three more days to be in playing condition.