TESTERS WANTED! ×

Titleist Virtual Golf Ball Fitting

Golfspy_CG2

2 minutes ago, txgolfjunkie said:

I finally took the Left Dash and AVX out on the course to compete with the Bridgestone Tour B X...

AVX is definitely a soft(er) feeling golf ball from tee to green. If I had just played the AVX and my Bridgestone, it would be very similar in ball flight and ball performance. It is softer in feel so some might not like that in a ball but it didn't really bother me that much. It did take a few swings to get comfortable with the feel because I felt like I really struck it well but the softer feel felt like the ball wouldn't travel as far...but it did. 

Left Dash...a beast off the tee, holds true in the wind, great spin on full swing approach shots, but the green side spin is non existent. I've never seen a ball hold so well on full shots but when it comes to touch around the green, nada. I thought it was due to the fact that I was playing on dormant Bermuda and the grain isn't as prevalent but I could hold the Bridgestone without issue. The Bridgestone had great response on chips and reacted like I'm accustomed to. If I want to game the Left Dash, I will need to allow for much more roll out or rely on ball flight to stop on the green, not so much spin. I will probably keep up with this ball once the weather warms up and we get into a wetter Spring here in Houston. With softer greens, this ball might perform better. 

I will say that both Titleist balls fell just short on the durability compared to Bridgestone. Full wedges seem to scuff the cover easier and deeper than on the Bridgestone. However...first tee...brand new Left Dash sitting on the tee...hit it right on the button and the ball is just soaring...and flies right onto the cart path. First swing = scuffed ball. Thanks golf gods. 

I also took left dash out yesterday. I was pleasantly surprised with the feel off the tee. I thought it would feel like a rock, but it was quite nice. I didn’t try anything else, as I was fortunate not to lose the ball! 

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

Taylormade MG2 Wedges 50/55/60

Taylormade Spider X Putter

There should have been a link to a zoom call in your confirmation email to use.

Never got a link. Checked junk mail and nothing in there.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Just now, Rickp said:

Never got a link. Checked junk mail and nothing in there.

That bites. I got an initial email and at least one reminder email

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

That bites. I got an initial email and at least one reminder email

I have been waiting for confirmation but never got it. Will try again.
I want to discuss left dash with someone who knows what they’re doing.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Rescheduled, February 25. Received confirmation. Must have done something wrong B4.

Rick

Left Hand, 

16 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Rescheduled, February 25. Received confirmation. Must have done something wrong B4.

Hopefully it wasn’t what I’ve done on a couple recent online orders and typo the email address

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hopefully it wasn’t what I’ve done on a couple recent online orders and typo the email address

I filled it out on iPhone and sometimes things don’t work perfectly on internet forms.

Rick

Left Hand, 

10 minutes ago, Rickp said:

I filled it out on iPhone and sometimes things don’t work perfectly on internet forms.

That’s the truth

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, jlukes said:

Really great conversation with Jack from Titleist.  Really focused on my irons and wedges as I had hoped.  Going to be receiving some 2021 ProV1 and Left Dash samples to put through their paces once this snow goes away.

Gonna be tough to beat your BX I think JLukes, any guess as to what Titleist you might be leaning?

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

26 minutes ago, Berg Ryman said:

Gonna be tough to beat your BX I think JLukes, any guess as to what Titleist you might be leaning?

Yeah BX is going to be tough to beat.  If The new Prov1 can give me a little better greenside feel and a little lower trajectory with the irons without giving up anything else then I might consider making the switch.  The Left Dash is going to be fun to test and was the 2nd choice behind the V1, but even Jack thinks the regular V1 would be best for my game.

9 minutes ago, jlukes said:

Yeah BX is going to be tough to beat.  If The new Prov1 can give me a little better greenside feel and a little lower trajectory with the irons without giving up anything else then I might consider making the switch.  The Left Dash is going to be fun to test and was the 2nd choice behind the V1, but even Jack thinks the regular V1 would be best for my game.

Can't wait to see how it works out for you. Now if we could only get to the actual spring in the northeast.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

I never posted here but I had my session with Drew earlier this month - kept me in the Pro VI x  - I've received the samples and tried them out in two rounds - one was great the other not so hot - can't understand how that ball allowed itself to get topped, hooked, push sliced and shanked - awful, just awful.  🙂

I would say that it just have a bit soft feel off the club - still need to really test them around the green - in round is a bit more difficult to tell because I'm not comparing them and I'm worried a bit about score.  Haven't lost one so that's a good thing.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Had the Virtual Fitting this morning with Connor.
He cleared up a couple of my misconceptions about age, swing speed and ball performance. Definitely an informative 1/2 hour.
He’s sending ProV1x and Tour Speed balls. Interesting mix but made sense.

Rick

Left Hand, 

10 hours ago, Rickp said:

Had the Virtual Fitting this morning with Connor.
He cleared up a couple of my misconceptions about age, swing speed and ball performance. Definitely an informative 1/2 hour.
He’s sending ProV1x and Tour Speed balls. Interesting mix but made sense.

Glad it was helpful to you. 

The Tour Speed is a seriously good ball for the price. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Glad it was helpful to you. 

The Tour Speed is a seriously good ball for the price. 

I don’t even remember looking at that ball.
It’s a great 1/2 hour and recommend it to anyone who wants to find out what’s available for their game.

Rick

Left Hand, 

20 minutes ago, jlukes said:

To those that got the 2021 balls, how soon after your virtual fitting did you get them and how were they shipped?

Got the 2020 balls in about two weeks by Fed Ex. Then a week later I received the 2021 by Fed Ex.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

Received balls today, less than 5 days.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Highly recommend  it. But, it seemed that the Prov was the suggestion out of the box, which might be right. Is this also a promotion to push higher priced balls? Anyone get recommended for the Tru Feel   or Velocity?

Edited by NC Golfer

2 minutes ago, NC Golfer said:

Highly recommend  it. But, it seemed that the Prov was the suggestion out of the box, which might be right. Is this also a promotion to push higher priced balls? Anyone get recommended for the Tru Feel   or Velocity?

It’s not a promotion to push higher priced balls. It’s to get the right ball for the golfer. People have been recommended the tour soft up to the left dash prov1xz

The chances that anyone gets recommended the true feel or velocity is going to be low. Soft balls are slower balls. 

The Prov1 and in some cases the prov1x are balls that fit numerous level of golfers from slower to pros. Those who need some spin to help get the ball in the air will benefit from the 1x. Those who don’t need it will benefit from the v1.

Theres plenty of data from MGS and today’s golfer to name a few places that show the Prov1 is one of the most consistent golf balls around and at or near the top in performance.

Balls like the the velocity and others in that category from other companies are made to provide an option for those who don’t want to spend $45+ on a dozen balls. The Nike mojo used to be one of the higher selling balls because of its price and not its performance 

1 hour ago, NC Golfer said:

Players going for a virtual fitting are rarely going to want a ball that performs worse. Unless they tell the rep that they want a cheap ball that goes far and they don’t care about spin with approach play then velocity is never going to be the answer 

The recommendations I got from the ball fitting were #1 Tour Speed and second ProV1x.
The fitter was steering me away from AVX and ProV1.
Obviously it is about sales and marketing but it does them no good pushing you towards an ill fit ball.

Rick

Left Hand, 

2 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

It’s not a promotion to push higher priced balls. It’s to get the right ball for the golfer. People have been recommended the tour soft up to the left dash prov1xz

The chances that anyone gets recommended the true feel or velocity is going to be low. Soft balls are slower balls. 

Balls like the the velocity and others in that category from other companies are made to provide an option for those who don’t want to spend $45+ on a dozen balls. The Nike mojo used to be one of the higher selling balls because of its price and not its performance 

It's fascinating to think about how market dynamics shape our understanding of our games. We're 'satisficers' with our games and think that the low-end balls are "good enough" and then we're frustrated when a ball FITTING that is meant to maximize PERFORMANCE recommends a premium ball. Rather than thinking of this as a ploy for higher-cost balls, what if we stopped to consider that perhaps the only reason Titleist makes lower-cost balls is because they're basically just taking your money (i.e. marketshare). I kinda think about it like Titleist is saying, "If you don't really care about your game, sure, buy a TruFeel, but if you're trying to truly get the best performance for your game, here's what we recommend." From this lens, it really shouldn't be a surprise that balls designed to perform better are recommended with greater frequency.

(ok. That may not be entirely fair. Or at least it's a little exaggerated. But I think it's pretty clear from MGS testing, etc. that if golfers were all after the best performance, two-piece distance balls probably wouldn't exist.)

Driver: :srixon-small: ZX5 LS MkII 9.5* (@ 9.0*) with 46.5" Ventus Blue 6X
3-wood: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* with Diamana Limited 75S
5-wood: :cobra-small: RADspeed 18.5* with Motore X F3 60S
2i: :srixon-small: ZX with SteelFiber i95 Stiff

4hy: :titleist-small: TS3 23* with Tensei AV Blue 70 S
4i-7i :srixon-small: ZX7, 8i-PW Z-Forged, Modus3 Tour 120 S
50*, 55* :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Modus3 Tour 125
60* :cleveland-small: RTX Full Face ZipCore DG Spinner S400
Putter: :callaway-small: Toulon Chicago with a :garsen: Quad Tour or :cleveland-small: HB SOFT Milled 10.5S with UST All-in

Ball: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour (but I might still have some :titleist-small: Left Dashes hanging around)
Bag: :srixon-small: Ltd Edition Tartan, blue/green/yellow

Using :ShotScope: to keep track of my shots

Tested:
:wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 3i-PW, KBS Tour-V 110S - Official Review
:titelist-small: Blind Ball Test (Ball #3 vs Ball #4) - Unofficial Review
:ShotScope:
 V3 GPS Watch + Tags - Official Review
:OnCore:
 Vero X2 - Official Review

The Stack System - Official Review

1 minute ago, greggarner said:

It's fascinating to think about how market dynamics shape our understanding of our games. We're 'satisficers' with our games and think that the low-end balls are "good enough" and then we're frustrated when a ball FITTING that is meant to maximize PERFORMANCE recommends a premium ball. Rather than thinking of this as a ploy for higher-cost balls, what if we stopped to consider that perhaps the only reason Titleist makes lower-cost balls is because they're basically just taking your money (i.e. marketshare). I kinda think about it like Titleist is saying, "If you don't really care about your game, sure, buy a TruFeel, but if you're trying to truly get the best performance for your game, here's what we recommend." From this lens, it really shouldn't be a surprise that balls designed to perform better are recommended with greater frequency.

(ok. That may not be entirely fair. Or at least it's a little exaggerated. But I think it's pretty clear from MGS testing, etc. that if golfers were all after the best performance, two-piece distance balls probably wouldn't exist.)

the smart people at titleist see the need and market for low end balls. Most of the golf ball brands have them. So create a product for that group. It’s a smart business decision.

Marketing as we have seen can have a big influence on what/how consumers buy. The chrome soft push of soft balls and the ball that changed ball got people to buy softer balls despite that bridgestone was already kind of doing that with the B300 line at the time and using swing speed to sell balls. 

I’m pretty lucky where I don’t lose many ball. I’m guessing many 1 every 8 rounds, probably because I don’t hit it long enough . With that in mind a higher cost ball that performs the best for me is the way to go.

Rick

Left Hand, 

The recommendations I got from the ball fitting were #1 Tour Speed and second ProV1x.
The fitter was steering me away from AVX and ProV1.
Obviously it is about sales and marketing but it does them no good pushing you towards an ill fit ball.

Mine was the same....Tour Speed and Pro V1X

Using a Cobra F8 with MItsubishi Tense ck Blue regular shaft; Cobra King F8 4W & 6W w/Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue regular shaft; Cobra F8 19* Hybrid w/Recoil 460 shaft, Irons 5-PW Wilson Staff D-7 w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cleveland Zipcore 50*, 54* & 58* wedges & EVNROLL E-6R putter.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder