Titleist Virtual Golf Ball Fitting

Our Sponsors

5 minutes ago, greggarner said:

Just got my FedEx notification for a Monday delivery. Shout-out to David, who doesn't seem to be getting as much love as Drew, but definitely deserves it!

I think Drew just got the short straw on having to handle the majority of the MSG junkies. All fo the Titleist people I have ever interacted with were great. I was working a table at the Park City Food & Wine event a handful of years ago and the Western Regional rep at the time was attending and he wanted to horse trade bottles for golf gear. It was on day three of the event and the crowd was in rare form. 

• Like 2

Mizuno ST190, 9 degrees, Fujikura Ventus Black 6S

Mizuno ST190, 14 degrees, Fujikura Ventus Black 7S

Mizuno ST200 , 18 degrees, Fujikura Ventus Blue 7X

Miura CB 301, 4 iron, Fujikura Ventus 9x

Miura CB 301, 5-PW Nippon Modus 120S

Miura K Grind, 52, 54 and 58, Nippon Modus 130s  hand ground by Usher Golf

Miura KM 006 LH 

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So I did this today, and it was a very valuable 30 minutes.  Loved every minute of it.   Titleist is offering virtual golf ball fittings for free.  You get a 30 minute  zoom call with a member from th

Did you ask him for a few hundred dozen of the Left Dot Pro-V1’s...?  Asking for a friend.

If i get the sample balls, of course I will find a way to lose them almost immediately.

Posted Images

I had my "fitting" yesterday with Drew and man, what a wealth of knowledge that guy has.  When I was playing Titleist, I was playing the ProV1x.  I was always pleased with that ball.  After talking for a bit and me telling him I wanted something low spin off the tee, he told me that the regular ProV would have been better for me than the X.  He said the X was designed to spin MORE off the long clubs.  This is why many of us (myself included), thought Titleist switched the V1 and the X.  They didn't per say.  He said they switched the characteristics off the TEE, but that was it.  

Long story short, he wants me to try the Left Dash and the AVX.  He said both are very similar with the AVX "feeling" softer and launching a bit lower.  Left Dash will feel a bit firmer and launch a bit higher.  We shall see.  If you have not done so already, you need to do this.  It was worth the time.  He also said in March Titleist does their buy 3 get 1 free with free personalization.  Keep that in mind if you choose Titleist.  

• Like 7

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero Hzdrs Smoke x flex 70g

3 Wood:  :titelist-small: 917 w/ Diamana Whiteboard stiff

5 Wood : :callaway-small: Epic Flash 18* Hzdrs Smoke stiff

4 Hybrid: :callaway-small:  Apex w/Kuro Kage stiff

Irons:  :callaway-small: 5-7  Apex forged 19 w/ Modus 120 X

9-A Apex Pro 19 w/ Modus 120 X

Wedges:  :callaway-small: MD5 52&56 Jaws Dynamic Gold wedge flex

Putter: :titelist-small: Scotty Cameron Del Mar 34"

10 hours ago, greggarner said:

Just got my FedEx notification for a Monday delivery. Shout-out to David, who doesn't seem to be getting as much love as Drew, but definitely deserves it!

David Bustamante was my fitter. There was a guy named luke that did @Golfspy_CG2 as well as another friend of mine

• Like 3

Driver: Titleist 917D3 9.5 with Graphite Design MAD Pro 65g S

Wood: Titleist 917F2 with UST Mamiya Helium 5F4

Hybrid: Titleist 816H1 21 with Atmos Blue 85 S

Irons: Titleist 718 AP3 4i, 718 CB 5-6, MB 7-9 with KBS $ Taper 125

Wedges: Vokey SM7 46/50/54/60 with DG s200

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

My balls will arrive Monday as well.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(50*) & SW(54*) w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore(58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Slotline SSi 693 mid mallet Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

Fitting on Tuesday afternoon and the balls arrived today. 

• Like 3

DRIVER: Titleist 905R S 10.5

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha XS

Irons- Titleist 716 AP1 S 1/2 over 2 degrees upright

Vokey SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

My fitting is in a couple of weeks - I was on for yesterday but work kept getting in the way (on what would normally have been my day off) so I rescheduled.  I can't wait to get back to work physically were I have an administrative assistant to act as a buffer for me.  

My last live Titleist ball fitting was the best fitting that I have ever had period!  I learned more about the best bag make up for me from that fitting than I have ever learned at any fitting including the one at the Tour Performance Center at TPC Sawgrass.  To be fair that one was only supposed to be for Driver and Fairway wood - I learned a lot about that portion of my game at that time -

• Like 6

Ping G410 - turned down to11.25 degrees, neutral setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

Wilson D7 forged 6-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

SCOR 52,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Currently testing Edison wedges to replace SCORS that are wearing out. Also auditions for the 14th spot in the bag.  Current possibilities are a Ping 26 degree hybrid - duplicates the 9 wood or 5 iron but would be used almost exclusively for chipping or Tour Exotics 3 wood simply because you can carry 14 clubs and I might occasionally hit it in certain unusual wind conditions once every four or five rounds. 

My balls are stuck in the local distribution center until Tuesday 😞    Not playing this week so not a big deal.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S      Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

My samples showed up at the house today. I also have a new Sub-70 wedge showing out for delivery and in my neighborhood. Would all be great if the weather wasn't crap and my sprained toe needing about three more days to be in playing condition. 

• Like 3

:ping-small: Driver, G400 11* SR Flex

:taylormade-small: 3 Wood, SLDR 17*  R Flex

:taylormade-small: 5 Wood, SLDR 19* R Flex

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, F6 22.5* R Flex

:Sub70: Irons, 699 Pro's S Flex (5 - AW)

:cleveland-small: Wedges, CBX 56* & 60*

:odyssey-small: Putter, Marksman Fang 35"

12 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

My samples showed up at the house today. I also have a new Sub-70 wedge showing out for delivery and in my neighborhood. Would all be great if the weather wasn't crap and my sprained toe needing about three more days to be in playing condition. 

I'm glad to hear you're getting then both today, that new wedge will put the cover of the ball to the test. I remember in the earlier part of the Sub70 thread that they would shred covers. I hate to hear you sprained your toe. Hopefully it'll feel better soon. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

I'm glad to hear you're getting then both today, that new wedge will put the cover of the ball to the test. I remember in the earlier part of the Sub70 thread that they would shred covers. I hate to hear you sprained your toe. Hopefully it'll feel better soon. 

The toe will be fine, thanks.  Happened last Sunday. Almost ready to swing the club. Glad the weather stinks. It makes missing golf easier to take. The bad part is now I'm looking at re-doing my golf simulator screen and netting. Not playing for almost two weeks will cost me more than playing golf does. 🤑

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

The toe will be fine, thanks.  Happened last Sunday. Almost ready to swing the club. Glad the weather stinks. It makes missing golf easier to take. The bad part is now I'm looking at re-doing my golf simulator screen and netting. Not playing for almost two weeks will cost me more than playing golf does. 🤑

Downtime can get you in trouble with this game. You start looking at new and shiny things and it'll eat into the wallet. 

• Like 1
On 12/16/2020 at 4:14 PM, Golfspy_CG2 said:

So I did this today, and it was a very valuable 30 minutes.  Loved every minute of it.   Titleist is offering virtual golf ball fittings for free.  You get a 30 minute  zoom call with a member from the Titleist Ball Fitting Team. You fill out a questionnaire ahead of time.  Then during the call, Luke--in my case asked me about my current ball--Prov1X, why I chose it, what else I've played, then several questions about the type of shots I hit and what I want out of a ball. It wasn't cookie cutter at all, it was very individualized.

I play a Prov1X and the reason I do, is the higher launch, slightly longer distance and increased green spin.  He asked if I felt I lost just a touch of spin on say a 7 iron approach, would I still like the results.   I said, I suppose and asked why.   He went on to explain how the ProV1 Left Dash might help me with taking a tad more spin off the ball--which is something I said I wouldn't mind seeing off the tee.   He explained it will be a bit firmer feeling the VX, and if I felt I didn't like that, then I could absolutely stick with the X as it fits my game based on everything I said.

Part of the process is they send out a sample pack of the recommended ball, so that's pretty cool.

I highly recommend it for anyone that either wants to hear from a fitter which Titleist ball would fit them, or just in general learn more about ball performance. 

https://www.titleist.com/fitting/golf-ball-fitting

Recommended and Alternative Golf Ball Sleeves

I could have saved you 30 minutes of your life and just told you to get some Pro V1s.  Unless you say that price is your main consideration, Titleist always wants to put you into a Pro V.

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Irons: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 21* and Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 Blue Ion 54*

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

What a cool promotion 👍

thumbnail?appid=YMailNorrin

• Like 1

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

Got my test balls today....

Image1611014454.207640.jpg

Already put my American flag logo on them and will put them to the test this week.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
Cobra F8 (12*)w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue Regular; 3W & 5W Cobra King F8 w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue Regular shafts; Tour Edge CBX119 22* Hybrid w/Project X Evenflo Regular shaft; Wilson Staff D-7 5-PW + GW + SW w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore LW(58*) w/DG Spinner shaft. Putter: 33” Slotline SSi 693 Bag: Cobra Ultralight Cart bag, Peaccoat Blue.

• Like 3

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(50*) & SW(54*) w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore(58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Slotline SSi 693 mid mallet Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

Didn't get mine today;  they have been about 10 minutes away since Saturday.  Since they weren't tagged as Saturday delivery I didn't get them then since the "package not due for delivery",  the message on FedEx today was "Delivery exception Business closed - No delivery attempt".  Maybe tomorrow I my home will be open so they can make a delivery attempt 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S      Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

6 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Didn't get mine today;  they have been about 10 minutes away since Saturday.  Since they weren't tagged as Saturday delivery I didn't get them then since the "package not due for delivery",  the message on FedEx today was "Delivery exception Business closed - No delivery attempt".  Maybe tomorrow I my home will be open so they can make a delivery attempt 🤣

Ive had similar update from them or have had the driver Mark delivers and not drop it for another two hours 

• Like 1

Driver: Titleist 917D3 9.5 with Graphite Design MAD Pro 65g S

Wood: Titleist 917F2 with UST Mamiya Helium 5F4

Hybrid: Titleist 816H1 21 with Atmos Blue 85 S

Irons: Titleist 718 AP3 4i, 718 CB 5-6, MB 7-9 with KBS $ Taper 125

Wedges: Vokey SM7 46/50/54/60 with DG s200

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

2 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

Downtime can get you in trouble with this game. You start looking at new and shiny things and it'll eat into the wallet. 

Too late. I couldn't stop myself. No one was home since 3:00.

I'm re-doing my simulator and screen system.  I already took the back stop down and turned it into a side stop and divider to split my garage in two. This will protect a car or the garage windows on the right side. Now looking at a net and cage system that can be placed a few inches behind the makeshift screen.  This should give enough to drop the ball. The way I had it set up had too much bounce back. I have two entertainment center cabinets in the golf area. Too much glass around with real balls the way I had it. It worked fine with hard foam balls but it was time to upgrade.  At least thats what I tell myself.

• Like 6

AVX and Left Dash arrived yesterday afternoon. Only putted indoors with each. Two surprises...the AVX is remarkably soft off the putter face for a low spinning ball...and the Left Dash is noticeably firmer than the Pro V1x.

I'll tee it up Friday or Saturday and see if I can't put these through the ringer. 

• Like 4
  • :taylormade-small: SIM 10.5* w/ Kyoshi Black 65X tipped 1/2" 
  • :cobra-small: F7+ 3W 14.5* w/ Hzrdus Black 75 6.5
  • :srixon-small: ZX Utility 18* w/ Project X 6.5
  • :callaway-small: X Forged 21* w/ Dynamic Gold X100
  • :mizuno-small: 921 SEL 5-PW w/ Dynamic Gold X100
  • :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth 50*, 54* & 58* w/ AWT 2.0 
  • Toulon Vegas H7 w/ SS Flatso 2.0r
  • '20 :bridgestone-small: Tour B X
  • I'm left-handed so I don't go broke buying all new clubs every week.