Titleist Virtual Golf Ball Fitting

Our Sponsors

Really great conversation with Jack from Titleist.  Really focused on my irons and wedges as I had hoped.  Going to be receiving some 2021 ProV1 and Left Dash samples to put through their paces once this snow goes away.

• Like 6

In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 Stand Bag

:ping-small: G410 LST 9* VA Nemesys 65X
:ping-small: G410 LST 14.5* Tour AD DI 7X
:titelist-small: 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X
:mizuno-small: MP20 HMB 4 Tour AD 95X
:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 5-PW Oban CT 115 X(-)
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50F - 54S - 59D
:scotty-small: Phantom X 5.5 (2021)
:titelist-small: ProV1
  • Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So I did this today, and it was a very valuable 30 minutes.  Loved every minute of it.   Titleist is offering virtual golf ball fittings for free.  You get a 30 minute  zoom call with a member from th

Had my conference call with David Bustamante this morning.  Great chat and honestly wish those could happen a little more frequently during the work week! Started off talking about my game, since

Did you ask him for a few hundred dozen of the Left Dot Pro-V1’s...?  Asking for a friend.

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, jlukes said:

Really great conversation with Jack from Titleist.  Really focused on my irons and wedges as I had hoped.  Going to be receiving some 2021 ProV1 and Left Dash samples to put through their paces once this snow goes away.

Gonna be tough to beat your BX I think JLukes, any guess as to what Titleist you might be leaning?

• Like 1

:mizuno-small: ST180, 10.5, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero, 14*, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:cobra-small: F9 Speedback, 17.5, Hzrdus Yellow 70-S

:ping-small: G710, 4-UW, Blue Dot, Nippon Modus 105-S

:honma: TW-W4, 56*, Nippon Modus 125

:mizuno-small: T20, 61*, Nippon Modus 125

🤮⛳   Flo-C

:titelist-small: Pro V1X, 2021 Model, #33

26 minutes ago, Berg Ryman said:

Gonna be tough to beat your BX I think JLukes, any guess as to what Titleist you might be leaning?

Yeah BX is going to be tough to beat.  If The new Prov1 can give me a little better greenside feel and a little lower trajectory with the irons without giving up anything else then I might consider making the switch.  The Left Dash is going to be fun to test and was the 2nd choice behind the V1, but even Jack thinks the regular V1 would be best for my game.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, jlukes said:

Yeah BX is going to be tough to beat.  If The new Prov1 can give me a little better greenside feel and a little lower trajectory with the irons without giving up anything else then I might consider making the switch.  The Left Dash is going to be fun to test and was the 2nd choice behind the V1, but even Jack thinks the regular V1 would be best for my game.

Can't wait to see how it works out for you. Now if we could only get to the actual spring in the northeast.

• Like 2

:mizuno-small: ST180, 10.5, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero, 14*, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:cobra-small: F9 Speedback, 17.5, Hzrdus Yellow 70-S

:ping-small: G710, 4-UW, Blue Dot, Nippon Modus 105-S

:honma: TW-W4, 56*, Nippon Modus 125

:mizuno-small: T20, 61*, Nippon Modus 125

🤮⛳   Flo-C

:titelist-small: Pro V1X, 2021 Model, #33

I never posted here but I had my session with Drew earlier this month - kept me in the Pro VI x  - I've received the samples and tried them out in two rounds - one was great the other not so hot - can't understand how that ball allowed itself to get topped, hooked, push sliced and shanked - awful, just awful.  🙂

I would say that it just have a bit soft feel off the club - still need to really test them around the green - in round is a bit more difficult to tell because I'm not comparing them and I'm worried a bit about score.  Haven't lost one so that's a good thing.

• Like 6

Ping G410 - turned down to11.25 degrees, neutral setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

Wilson D7 forged 6-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

SCOR 52,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Currently testing Edison wedges to replace SCORS that are wearing out. Also auditions for the 14th spot in the bag.  Current possibilities are a Ping 26 degree hybrid - duplicates the 9 wood or 5 iron but would be used almost exclusively for chipping or Tour Exotics 3 wood simply because you can carry 14 clubs and I might occasionally hit it in certain unusual wind conditions once every four or five rounds. 

Had the Virtual Fitting this morning with Connor.
He cleared up a couple of my misconceptions about age, swing speed and ball performance. Definitely an informative 1/2 hour.
He’s sending ProV1x and Tour Speed balls. Interesting mix but made sense.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 4

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

10 hours ago, Rickp said:

Had the Virtual Fitting this morning with Connor.
He cleared up a couple of my misconceptions about age, swing speed and ball performance. Definitely an informative 1/2 hour.
He’s sending ProV1x and Tour Speed balls. Interesting mix but made sense.

Glad it was helpful to you. 

The Tour Speed is a seriously good ball for the price. 

• Like 2

:titelist-small: TSi2 Kuro Kage 50g R Flex

:titelist-small: TSi2 16.5 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:ping-small:  G410 FW 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:ping-small: Heppler Tomcast 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

Glad it was helpful to you. 

The Tour Speed is a seriously good ball for the price. 

I don’t even remember looking at that ball.
It’s a great 1/2 hour and recommend it to anyone who wants to find out what’s available for their game.

• Like 2

Rick

Left Hand, 

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

To those that got the 2021 balls, how soon after your virtual fitting did you get them and how were they shipped?

20 minutes ago, jlukes said:

To those that got the 2021 balls, how soon after your virtual fitting did you get them and how were they shipped?

Got the 2020 balls in about two weeks by Fed Ex. Then a week later I received the 2021 by Fed Ex.

• Like 1

:ping-small: Driver, G400 11* SR Flex

:taylormade-small: 3 Wood, SLDR  HL 17*  R Flex

:taylormade-small: 5 Wood, SLDR 19* R Flex

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, F6 22.5* R Flex

:Sub70: Irons, 699 Pro's S Flex (5 - AW)

:Sub70:  JB Wedge 56*

:cleveland-small: Wedge, CBX 60*

:odyssey-small: Putter, Marksman Fang 35"

Received balls today, less than 5 days.

• Like 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

Highly recommend  it. But, it seemed that the Prov was the suggestion out of the box, which might be right. Is this also a promotion to push higher priced balls? Anyone get recommended for the Tru Feel   or Velocity?

Edited by NC Golfer
2 minutes ago, NC Golfer said:

Highly recommend  it. But, it seemed that the Prov was the suggestion out of the box, which might be right. Is this also a promotion to push higher priced balls? Anyone get recommended for the Tru Feel   or Velocity?

It’s not a promotion to push higher priced balls. It’s to get the right ball for the golfer. People have been recommended the tour soft up to the left dash prov1xz

The chances that anyone gets recommended the true feel or velocity is going to be low. Soft balls are slower balls. 

The Prov1 and in some cases the prov1x are balls that fit numerous level of golfers from slower to pros. Those who need some spin to help get the ball in the air will benefit from the 1x. Those who don’t need it will benefit from the v1.

Theres plenty of data from MGS and today’s golfer to name a few places that show the Prov1 is one of the most consistent golf balls around and at or near the top in performance.

Balls like the the velocity and others in that category from other companies are made to provide an option for those who don’t want to spend $45+ on a dozen balls. The Nike mojo used to be one of the higher selling balls because of its price and not its performance 

• Like 2

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

1 hour ago, NC Golfer said:

Players going for a virtual fitting are rarely going to want a ball that performs worse. Unless they tell the rep that they want a cheap ball that goes far and they don’t care about spin with approach play then velocity is never going to be the answer 

• Like 4

The recommendations I got from the ball fitting were #1 Tour Speed and second ProV1x.
The fitter was steering me away from AVX and ProV1.
Obviously it is about sales and marketing but it does them no good pushing you towards an ill fit ball.

• Like 6

Rick

Left Hand, 

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

2 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

It’s not a promotion to push higher priced balls. It’s to get the right ball for the golfer. People have been recommended the tour soft up to the left dash prov1xz

The chances that anyone gets recommended the true feel or velocity is going to be low. Soft balls are slower balls. 

Balls like the the velocity and others in that category from other companies are made to provide an option for those who don’t want to spend $45+ on a dozen balls. The Nike mojo used to be one of the higher selling balls because of its price and not its performance 

It's fascinating to think about how market dynamics shape our understanding of our games. We're 'satisficers' with our games and think that the low-end balls are "good enough" and then we're frustrated when a ball FITTING that is meant to maximize PERFORMANCE recommends a premium ball. Rather than thinking of this as a ploy for higher-cost balls, what if we stopped to consider that perhaps the only reason Titleist makes lower-cost balls is because they're basically just taking your money (i.e. marketshare). I kinda think about it like Titleist is saying, "If you don't really care about your game, sure, buy a TruFeel, but if you're trying to truly get the best performance for your game, here's what we recommend." From this lens, it really shouldn't be a surprise that balls designed to perform better are recommended with greater frequency.

(ok. That may not be entirely fair. Or at least it's a little exaggerated. But I think it's pretty clear from MGS testing, etc. that if golfers were all after the best performance, two-piece distance balls probably wouldn't exist.)

• Like 3

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Flash Subzero 9* with HZDRUS Smoke stiff
4-wood: :callaway-small: Mavrik Subzero (16.5*) with Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI X
2i: :srixon-small: ZX with SteelFiber i95cw Stiff
3i-PW
:wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged, KBS Tour-V 110S
50*, 54*, 60* :vokey-small: SM7 TT DG S200
Putter: :ping-small: Redwood Piper 0*

Ball: :srixon-small: Z STAR XV (but I'm not just going to leave a perfectly good ProV1/x laying around...)
Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer (2018) in black/white/copper

Using :Arccos: to keep track of my shots
All clubs RH

Tested:
:wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 3i-PW, KBS Tour-V 110S - Official Review

1 minute ago, greggarner said:

It's fascinating to think about how market dynamics shape our understanding of our games. We're 'satisficers' with our games and think that the low-end balls are "good enough" and then we're frustrated when a ball FITTING that is meant to maximize PERFORMANCE recommends a premium ball. Rather than thinking of this as a ploy for higher-cost balls, what if we stopped to consider that perhaps the only reason Titleist makes lower-cost balls is because they're basically just taking your money (i.e. marketshare). I kinda think about it like Titleist is saying, "If you don't really care about your game, sure, buy a TruFeel, but if you're trying to truly get the best performance for your game, here's what we recommend." From this lens, it really shouldn't be a surprise that balls designed to perform better are recommended with greater frequency.

(ok. That may not be entirely fair. Or at least it's a little exaggerated. But I think it's pretty clear from MGS testing, etc. that if golfers were all after the best performance, two-piece distance balls probably wouldn't exist.)

the smart people at titleist see the need and market for low end balls. Most of the golf ball brands have them. So create a product for that group. It’s a smart business decision.

Marketing as we have seen can have a big influence on what/how consumers buy. The chrome soft push of soft balls and the ball that changed ball got people to buy softer balls despite that bridgestone was already kind of doing that with the B300 line at the time and using swing speed to sell balls. 

• Like 3

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

I’m pretty lucky where I don’t lose many ball. I’m guessing many 1 every 8 rounds, probably because I don’t hit it long enough . With that in mind a higher cost ball that performs the best for me is the way to go.

• Like 2

Rick

Left Hand, 

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

Well after receiving the balls today it only took 2 minutes on the putting green downstairs to know that the ProV1 is going to be my ball for 2021 over the Left Dash.  Left Dash is just super harsh off the putter - firmer feeling/sounding than the Bridgestone Tour B X!

• Like 5

The recommendations I got from the ball fitting were #1 Tour Speed and second ProV1x.
The fitter was steering me away from AVX and ProV1.
Obviously it is about sales and marketing but it does them no good pushing you towards an ill fit ball.

Mine was the same....Tour Speed and Pro V1X

Using a Cobra F8 with MItsubishi Tense ck Blue regular shaft; Cobra King F8 4W & 6W w/Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue regular shaft; Cobra F8 19* Hybrid w/Recoil 460 shaft, Irons 5-PW Wilson Staff D-7 w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cleveland Zipcore 50*, 54* & 58* wedges & EVNROLL E-6R putter.

• Like 2

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(50*) & SW(54*) w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore(58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Slotline SSi 693 mid mallet Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).