TESTERS WANTED! ×

Travel bags

HAC

Looking forward in the next few months to getting a vaccine and traveling again.  When that happens, I am thinking of getting a new travel bag.  What do you guys have and why.  Getting older so want something easier to maneuver than my existing bag with two wheels (and which does not have much protection).  Already have a a stiff arm.  Thanks for your help.

• :taylormade-small: Sim 2 Driver Fujikura Ventus Blue 6R shaft
  • :taylormade-small:Sim 2 5 wood Fujikura Ventus Blue 5R shaft
  •  th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0311 Gen 5 Seven Wood Project X Cypher 50 5.5 shaft set to flat with weights set to fade.
  • :titelist-small: H818 Hybrid 25 degrees Tensei ck Series 60 HY regular flex shafts at C4 setting (flat for lefties)
  • :titelist-small: 718 AP1 irons 6-gap Tensei ck Series AMC IR regular flex bent two degrees flat
  • :vokey-small: SM 7 Wedge 58 degrees M grind with 8 bounce Steel shafts wedge flex bent 2 degrees flat
  • :ping-small: Glide 3 52.12 and 56.14 with  Alta CB Red Regular Flex shaft bent 2 degrees flat
  • Go back and forth between :cameron-small: Select Newport 2 putter 34 inch length and :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne putter 33 inch length
  • Bridgestone B X.

I have the Sun Mountain Club Glider and love it.  Only downside is that it’s a little heavier than most travel bags.  The ease of use going through airports is well worth it to me.

Titleist TSi2 Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 7S
Titleist TSi2 Graphite Design Tour AD DI
Titleist TS2 Graphite Design Tour AD DI
Titleist TS3 Graphite Design Tour AD DI
Yonex ezone CB 501 MCC MMT 105S
54* Cobra Snakebite MCC MMT 105S
58* Cobra Snakebite MCC MMT 105S

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

On 12/18/2020 at 9:57 AM, HAC said:

Getting older so want something easier to maneuver than my existing bag with two wheels

Aside from the Club Glider, I'm not aware of any bags that offer something other than the "two wheels" at the bottom.  I used a Club Glove, the smaller size, and its protected my clubs over 15 or 20 trips through the past 10 years or more.  But it just has the two wheels.  I don't find it to be too big a hassle, but I'm also not shy about renting a luggage trolley for ALL of my luggage, or using the curbside check-in where its available.

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

9 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

Aside from the Club Glider, I'm not aware of any bags that offer something other than the "two wheels" at the bottom.  I used a Club Glove, the smaller size, and its protected my clubs over 15 or 20 trips through the past 10 years or more.  But it just has the two wheels.  I don't find it to be too big a hassle, but I'm also not shy about renting a luggage trolley for ALL of my luggage, or using the curbside check-in where its available.

Ping's bag seems to have four wheels (all on the bottom)  PING - Rolling Travel Cover and I think a couple of other brands do as well.  

• :taylormade-small: Sim 2 Driver Fujikura Ventus Blue 6R shaft
  • :taylormade-small:Sim 2 5 wood Fujikura Ventus Blue 5R shaft
  •  th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0311 Gen 5 Seven Wood Project X Cypher 50 5.5 shaft set to flat with weights set to fade.
  • :titelist-small: H818 Hybrid 25 degrees Tensei ck Series 60 HY regular flex shafts at C4 setting (flat for lefties)
  • :titelist-small: 718 AP1 irons 6-gap Tensei ck Series AMC IR regular flex bent two degrees flat
  • :vokey-small: SM 7 Wedge 58 degrees M grind with 8 bounce Steel shafts wedge flex bent 2 degrees flat
  • :ping-small: Glide 3 52.12 and 56.14 with  Alta CB Red Regular Flex shaft bent 2 degrees flat
  • Go back and forth between :cameron-small: Select Newport 2 putter 34 inch length and :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne putter 33 inch length
  • Bridgestone B X.

I travel for work / golf frequently. Most airlines will only pay for damages if you use a hard shell case. They have broken my hard case three times already. They did pay to replace it each time. Then I ordered the parts and fixed it myself. I finally gave up and went with the Club Glove. Last Bag Pro size. Been using that for over a year with no issues. You just have to sign a waiver because it is not a hard case. It does only have two wheels but it is not an issue for me. Actually easier than the hard case which doesn't fit in normal sized rental cars. 

This travel bag is pricey but I found a place in Canada on ebay that was selling them at 1/2 price. It does have the Taylormade logo on the bag. I used the money from the airlines payments to buy the bag. Works for me! I do recommend using the stiff arm you have. I also remove the head of the driver when I travel. 

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

14 hours ago, HAC said:

Ping's bag seems to have four wheels (all on the bottom)  PING - Rolling Travel Cover and I think a couple of other brands do as well.  

So it does, and it folds up nice and small when not in use.  Based on my experience with my Ping Hoofer, Ping makes quality stuff.  I guess I haven't needed to really look around for a while.  

@Tom the Golf Nut brings up an important question, does a bag fit into a car?  Most soft covers will, many hard cases will be problematic.  I've also read a number of accounts of hard cases being "sprung", bent just enough so that they won't close properly.  

You asked what we have, and you've had a couple of answers.  But what we should also have done was to point you at the MGS review of travel bags here:

https://mygolfspy.com/best-travel-bags-of-2020/

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

13 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I travel for work / golf frequently. Most airlines will only pay for damages if you use a hard shell case. They have broken my hard case three times already. They did pay to replace it each time. Then I ordered the parts and fixed it myself. I finally gave up and went with the Club Glove. Last Bag Pro size. Been using that for over a year with no issues. You just have to sign a waiver because it is not a hard case. It does only have two wheels but it is not an issue for me. Actually easier than the hard case which doesn't fit in normal sized rental cars. 

This travel bag is pricey but I found a place in Canada on ebay that was selling them at 1/2 price. It does have the Taylormade logo on the bag. I used the money from the airlines payments to buy the bag. Works for me! I do recommend using the stiff arm you have. I also remove the head of the driver when I travel. 

On my first trip my buddy let me use his wilson travel bag and an off brand version of the stiff arm .. get my clubs off the plane the the off brand stiff arm head cracked protected the clubs but on the way back I had to stuff a ton of clothes for extra padding and removed the driver head... I now own a stiff arm def worth the extra bucks .. We also put in to rent a huge SUV but we got the VW Atlas .. pretty big but not big enough for 6 travel bags and whatever bags and 6 people 2 guys had to uber it.. 

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver Tensei AV Blue or  :ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: King Speedzone Black Yellow Fairway 3 wood Tensei AV Blue 65 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:titelist-small: T300 4i-GW - Tensei AV Blue AM2 Regular Flex  or :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter - BGT Stability Tour Black shaft 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

:cobra-small: Ultralight Cart Bag 

3 hours ago, Nolan220 said:

On my first trip my buddy let me use his wilson travel bag and an off brand version of the stiff arm .. get my clubs off the plane the the off brand stiff arm head cracked protected the clubs but on the way back I had to stuff a ton of clothes for extra padding and removed the driver head... I now own a stiff arm def worth the extra bucks .. We also put in to rent a huge SUV but we got the VW Atlas .. pretty big but not big enough for 6 travel bags and whatever bags and 6 people 2 guys had to uber it.. 

Anything more than four golfers you need a Suburban or equivalent. I have seen all versions of stiff arm types break. Head damage or collapse of the telescopic mechanism. I made my own from a piece of PVC and a rebar safety cap for the top. It's indestructible, light and does the job.  

Just now, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Anything more than four golfers you need a Suburban or equivalent. I have seen all versions of stiff arm types break. Head damage or collapse of the telescopic mechanism. I made my own from a piece of PVC and a rebar safety cap for the top. It's indestructible, light and does the job.  

Thats a good idea I should of prob built something but ohwell . and yes I think we put in for a suburban or something like that and thats all they had .. we even told the lady to give is the 10 passenger van and she looked at us like we were psychos ... 

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver Tensei AV Blue or  :ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: King Speedzone Black Yellow Fairway 3 wood Tensei AV Blue 65 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:titelist-small: T300 4i-GW - Tensei AV Blue AM2 Regular Flex  or :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter - BGT Stability Tour Black shaft 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

:cobra-small: Ultralight Cart Bag 

I've had the sun mountain pro travel bag club glider, took overseas multiple times and to Fla more times than I can count without an issue. 

Only recently I found a tear in the bag by handle. After years of pulling wrapping inspecting etc, Im ok with it and got another. The unit moves with ease. is quite large and can hold just about anything .

Fitting into a truck is problematic if the car is small. a medium car it will have to go in at an angle. I drive a truck or a yukon so no real concern for me in that category. 

Driver - 44.5" 5.0 flex 10.5 deg Graphite Design XC 6S GP MCC4+ 1 deg closed

Irons - 5-pw, GW stnd length 5.0 flex same grip 1 deg flat. Type low medium offset cavity back, no diggers

Wedges - 56 and 60 tour grind wedge spinner and mcc4+ grip 2 flat 10 and 8 in bounce

Putter - Makefield VS LH

Ball - truvis

Carried in a Sun Mountain C-130 USA bag - BE PROUD.

HC - LH but 85 is a good number, playing in Ohio.

• 5 months later...
20 minutes ago, voyagemiami said:

Please don't use my name when your advertising for yourself.

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

• 1 month later...

Ogio Straight Jacket - nice mid priced option with good features for occasional travel has been great for me.

WITB - Ping G400 LST - HZRZ 6.0

3W - Ping G400 - Ping Tour 75

3h - Ping G410 - Evenflow 6.0

4,5 irons - Ping i500

6-PW - Ping iBlade

52,56 & 60 - Ping Glide Forged

Putter(s) - a few

• 4 weeks later...

For air trips: I am a walker,  I bought a old school minimalist type bag and added a four point sling, very light but makes you choose 10 to 12 clubs. I use a travel set of clubs just in case. I made a club protector out of a closet rod and 1/4 inch plywood top plate for a total cost of 4 or 5 bucks.

Bag has room for balls and tees. I pack this in a 52 inch soft side rifle case. When I get a rental, I choose a minivan so my bags fit. Plenty of room in the case to pad the clubs with your traveling clothes. Not as obvious that your playing when on work related trips.

@prilltx

Golf is challenging, R U doing the work...or hoping 4 different outcomes?

Titleist C16 irons

Vokey 55°, 60° wedges

Cleveland 50°, 46° wedges

Ping Sigma2 41 inch putter

Titleist D2 driver, 904 / 908 3 and 5 wood 

I learned a tough lesson this week that I wanted to share in case this saves anyone from making the same mistake. I packed my driver head (adjustable driver so it can be taken off) in my carry-on (which I have done on the last 4 flights I have been on) and it got flagged in security. I was told I had to check it which I wasn't really prepared to do so I had to pay $40 to check a tiny back pack with almost no padding. I asked TSA if this was a new rule and they said this was always the case. Driver heads will always get flagged. Amazingly, the driver head survived the trip. So on the way back I packed it in my checked bag. Anyway, be careful out there everyone!

:mizuno-small: STZ 230 9.5* "Std" setting ➖ :mizuno-small: STZ 230 Hybrid 18* "lower" setting➖ :mizuno-small: Pro Fli-Hi 21.5* ➖ MALTBY TS1-IM 5-GW ➖ :benhogan-small: Equalizer II 54* ➖ :ping-small: Glide 4.0 (S) 58* ➖ L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 
Maxfli Tour X Official Review -- https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63068-testers-announced-maxfli-tour-x-golf-balls-with-max-align-technology/?do=findComment&comment=1021832

2 hours ago, vandyland said:

I learned a tough lesson this week that I wanted to share in case this saves anyone from making the same mistake. I packed my driver head (adjustable driver so it can be taken off) in my carry-on (which I have done on the last 4 flights I have been on) and it got flagged in security. I was told I had to check it which I wasn't really prepared to do so I had to pay $40 to check a tiny back pack with almost no padding. I asked TSA if this was a new rule and they said this was always the case. Driver heads will always get flagged. Amazingly, the driver head survived the trip. So on the way back I packed it in my checked bag. Anyway, be careful out there everyone!

I've seen that mentioned a few times now. I just pack mine in the headcover, wrap them with my golf towels and put them in the side pocket of the golf bag.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

• 3 weeks later...

I’ve been traveling back and forth with my Golf Travel Bag (brand name) Caravan. Always worked fine until the last last trip when I was packing up to go home, I found a hole toward the bottom of the bag. As it worked out, my brother let me take his Club Glider. Now I think my clubs ride in better comfort than I do. It’s by far the easiest bag to push from the car to check-in.

Just a side note. I’ve noticed that TSA checks my golf bag every time I fly. My brother says the same thing. Not sure what that’s about.

WITB 2024

DRIVER Cobralogo.png.5257fd97d99f057b9bfc81c06d7fcc62.png AEROJET 10.5°  |  FAIRWAY Callawaylogo.png.c084288fc4a8ed17e2f93c60b519702c.png ROGUE ST MAX 3/15°
HYBRID Pinglogo.png.11947cc88c8641d62e0a99c26da08b18.png G410 21°  |  UTILITY Untitled-9(1).png.4964fe6cb2103eef562fd832a625b0d5.png 699 V2 U 5/23°
IRONS Untitled-9(1).png.4964fe6cb2103eef562fd832a625b0d5.png 699 V2 6-PW
WEDGES Clevelandgolflogo.png.9b2e702587cd5230010a835ced0f97a0.png CBX 2 50°, 54°, 58° PUTTER Untitled-8.png.42ad9734db415b5a132df0574137f4f0.png KS1

BALL WilsonStafflogo.png.d0d70a74fad1e8f9c4d9f0581e24d31e.pngMODEL | Vicelogo.png.ac8ca0040252d91a9cdaef9d94e6284b.png PRO | Callawaylogo.png.c084288fc4a8ed17e2f93c60b519702c.png SUPERSOFT
BAG Sunmountainlogo.png.2555e0c0e8e49c09ea72c6df224aa0f2.png 3.5 LS  |  PUSHCART Roviclogo.png.ebc800ac4238271b0253c238793522de.png RV1S

31 minutes ago, berkeleybob said:

Just a side note. I’ve noticed that TSA checks my golf bag every time I fly. My brother says the same thing. Not sure what that’s about.

It all depends on the x-ray equipment that the airport has. If I fly though a bigger airport it never gets checked other than the x-ray tube. Smaller airports don't have the same equipment and check all the time. i find the inspection tags in the bottom of the bag and the clubs are out of order.

A lot of this stems from clever drug smugglers. They would fill the golf heads and shafts with narcotics. 

But it does bug me. I go through meticulous packing. Take the driver head off put it in its head cover and then in a golf bag pocket, put the shaft in upside down to protect the adapter, weave golf towels throughout the irons to protect them from each other. Then toss a few of those bubble wrap things on top of the irons to level all the clubs off. Then comes the rain cover and then placed in my Club Glove travel bag. So I'm protected until I get to the airport and they take it all apart to inspect and don't give two craps about putting thing back the way they found them. Then send it on its flight.  

6 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

It all depends on the x-ray equipment that the airport has. If I fly though a bigger airport it never gets checked other than the x-ray tube. Smaller airports don't have the same equipment and check all the time. i find the inspection tags in the bottom of the bag and the clubs are out of order.

A lot of this stems from clever drug smugglers. They would fill the golf heads and shafts with narcotics. 

But it does bug me. I go through meticulous packing. Take the driver head off put it in its head cover and then in a golf bag pocket, put the shaft in upside down to protect the adapter, weave golf towels throughout the irons to protect them from each other. Then toss a few of those bubble wrap things on top of the irons to level all the clubs off. Then comes the rain cover and then placed in my Club Glove travel bag. So I'm protected until I get to the airport and they take it all apart to inspect and don't give two craps about putting thing back the way they found them. Then send it on its flight.  

Yep!  Just like that!  I fly out of small airport so my bag always gets unpacked.  I keep the inspections tags in my travel bag; I think there are maybe 20 in there now.  Next trip is in January.

I haven't done anything special for over 20 years; never had an issue.  Clubs go in Club Glove travel bag.  Iron covers on; only time they are used.  Bags of clothes packed around golf bag... 2 week trips!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Back in Feb I picked up a Subtle Patriot travel bag. https://subtlepatriot.com/product/patriot-golf-bag-travel-cover/ (found an open box buy for about 1/2 price). Very thick padded top and also use a stiff arm which finally broke after 5 years but protected my clubs! My bag has been on 10 flights already and minimal signs of wear on the heavy duty nylon. Bag has 6 wheels so you you can recline and pull but also stand it up and push it. Shoe pouch on the outside. I LOVE the hard shell hat compartment which I usually toss some other stuff in as well. Absolutely love this travel case.

Bag: Sub 70 Cart Series bag

Driver: Ping G425 LST 9 deg (set to 7.5 deg/"big minus") Mitsubishi C6 Blue Stiff 55g Grip JumboMax Ultralite (=std grip Jumbo size)

3W: Ping G410 14.5 deg (Set to 13.5 deg) Mitsubishi C6 Blue Stiff 65g Grip JumboMax (=std grip Jumbo size)

Hybrid: 19 deg (Set to 18) deg Ping G410 hybrid Mitsubishi C6 Black Stiff 80g Grip JumboMax Ultralite (=std grip Jumbo size)

Irons: 5-GW Irons Cobra Forged Tec X KBS Tour Lite Regular -0.25" Grip JumboMax (=std grip Jumbo size)

Wedges: 50-07 S-grind, 54-08 D-grind and 58-12 deg D-grind Mizuno T22 Denim Copper Grip Golf Pride Z-Grip

Putter:  Cobra King 3D Printed Agera Armlock Putter 41"

Game Ball: Maxfli TourX CG 

I've used a Club Glove for well over 20 years and have always been pleased with it.  

Interesting about the TSA checks.  I just took a trip and don't think my bag was inspected either direction.  Maybe it was and I just didn't notice the inspection ticket.  I had a TSA lock on it.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

I don't even use a TSA lock any longer. Zip it up and done.  I had a case where they busted their key off in my lock on my initial flight. Not knowing this I get to my destination and I couldn't get it open. Luckily I unpack in my hotel room and get things in order, put the driver head back on, get the clubs in order and such. So I was able to get to a hardware store and convince the guy to use the bolt cutters to cut the lock off and not have to purchase the bolt cutters. I offered him a tip but he refused. 

Since the clubs are in my possession until the bag check and I get them as soon as they come up the carousel I don't think there is a need to lock the bag any longer. Airport security is pretty good even behind the conveyors.       

4 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I don't even use a TSA lock any longer. Zip it up and done.  I had a case where they busted their key off in my lock on my initial flight. Not knowing this I get to my destination and I couldn't get it open. Luckily I unpack in my hotel room and get things in order, put the driver head back on, get the clubs in order and such. So I was able to get to a hardware store and convince the guy to use the bolt cutters to cut the lock off and not have to purchase the bolt cutters. I offered him a tip but he refused. 

Since the clubs are in my possession until the bag check and I get them as soon as they come up the carousel I don't think there is a need to lock the bag any longer. Airport security is pretty good even behind the conveyors.       

I like to use locks not for deterring thieves, but rather because too many times I’ve seen open suitcases on the baggage claim carousel followed by a trail of clothing or an broken bag along with its contents wrapped up in a clear plastic bag. Even a paper clip tying the zippers together is better than nothing.

WITB 2024

DRIVER Cobralogo.png.5257fd97d99f057b9bfc81c06d7fcc62.png AEROJET 10.5°  |  FAIRWAY Callawaylogo.png.c084288fc4a8ed17e2f93c60b519702c.png ROGUE ST MAX 3/15°
HYBRID Pinglogo.png.11947cc88c8641d62e0a99c26da08b18.png G410 21°  |  UTILITY Untitled-9(1).png.4964fe6cb2103eef562fd832a625b0d5.png 699 V2 U 5/23°
IRONS Untitled-9(1).png.4964fe6cb2103eef562fd832a625b0d5.png 699 V2 6-PW
WEDGES Clevelandgolflogo.png.9b2e702587cd5230010a835ced0f97a0.png CBX 2 50°, 54°, 58° PUTTER Untitled-8.png.42ad9734db415b5a132df0574137f4f0.png KS1

BALL WilsonStafflogo.png.d0d70a74fad1e8f9c4d9f0581e24d31e.pngMODEL | Vicelogo.png.ac8ca0040252d91a9cdaef9d94e6284b.png PRO | Callawaylogo.png.c084288fc4a8ed17e2f93c60b519702c.png SUPERSOFT
BAG Sunmountainlogo.png.2555e0c0e8e49c09ea72c6df224aa0f2.png 3.5 LS  |  PUSHCART Roviclogo.png.ebc800ac4238271b0253c238793522de.png RV1S

• 2 weeks later...

I've had a Club Glove for almost 30 years and it's held up incredibly well.  All the zippers and straps are still intact and look like they could last another 30 years.  It lives outside in my shed (living in a small house in Key West, no basements) and the only issue I had about four years ago was the roller wheels elastomer degrading.  On Club Glove's site they sell replacements, but seemed rather expensive.  I checked the overall diameter and the bearing diameter and found it was a standard inline skate roller.  On eBay, I think I got them for only a few dollars apiece.  Once they arrived, it was an easy replacement with an Allen wrench.

To minimize driver damage on a direct hit to the top, I cut a broom handle about 1/2" longer than my driver and place it in the bag.  About three years ago I purchased a Bag Boy Back Bone which was light and sturdy to serve the same function.  Together, they help protect my babies when traveling.

Ping G430 Max driver 10.5 degrees with an Alta Quick45 gram senior shaft
Callaway Epic 3 wood, Project X Evenflow Green 45 gram senior shaft  
Callaway GBB Epic Heavenwood, with a Mitsubishi Diamana 50 gram senior shaft
Ping G 20.5 degree 7 wood, with a stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Ping G 26 degree hybrid, stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Callaway Paradym X irons, 7-AW with Aldila Ascent Blue 50 graphite shafts
Edison wedges:  50, 55 and 60 degree, KBS Tour Graphite A flex shafts
Putters:  L.A.B. Direct Force 2.1 putter, 34.5" long, 67 degrees lie

2022 MGS Tester:  Shot Scope Pro XL+ with H4  

• 1 month later...