Travel bags

HAC

I've used a Club Glove for well over 20 years and have always been pleased with it.  

Interesting about the TSA checks.  I just took a trip and don't think my bag was inspected either direction.  Maybe it was and I just didn't notice the inspection ticket.  I had a TSA lock on it.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5*) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*)-- Mitishibishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: M6 19* and 24* -- Fujikura Atmos R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW, SW(bent to 52*) -- KBSTour Graphite  70g shafts R +1/2 inch 3 up

Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX2 56* and 60* True Temper Dynamic Gold Wedge shaft

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

I don't even use a TSA lock any longer. Zip it up and done.  I had a case where they busted their key off in my lock on my initial flight. Not knowing this I get to my destination and I couldn't get it open. Luckily I unpack in my hotel room and get things in order, put the driver head back on, get the clubs in order and such. So I was able to get to a hardware store and convince the guy to use the bolt cutters to cut the lock off and not have to purchase the bolt cutters. I offered him a tip but he refused. 

Since the clubs are in my possession until the bag check and I get them as soon as they come up the carousel I don't think there is a need to lock the bag any longer. Airport security is pretty good even behind the conveyors.       

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi1 10* Stiff Flex

:taylormade-small: 3 Wood, SLDR  HL 17*  R Flex

:taylormade-small: 5 Wood, SLDR 19* R Flex

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, F6 22.5* R Flex

:Sub70: 939x 5 hybrid

:Sub70: Irons, 699 Pro's S Flex (6 - AW)

:Sub70:  JB Wedge 56*

:cleveland-small: Wedge, CBX 60*

:odyssey-small: Putter, Marksman Fang 35"

4 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I don't even use a TSA lock any longer. Zip it up and done.  I had a case where they busted their key off in my lock on my initial flight. Not knowing this I get to my destination and I couldn't get it open. Luckily I unpack in my hotel room and get things in order, put the driver head back on, get the clubs in order and such. So I was able to get to a hardware store and convince the guy to use the bolt cutters to cut the lock off and not have to purchase the bolt cutters. I offered him a tip but he refused. 

Since the clubs are in my possession until the bag check and I get them as soon as they come up the carousel I don't think there is a need to lock the bag any longer. Airport security is pretty good even behind the conveyors.       

I like to use locks not for deterring thieves, but rather because too many times I’ve seen open suitcases on the baggage claim carousel followed by a trail of clothing or an broken bag along with its contents wrapped up in a clear plastic bag. Even a paper clip tying the zippers together is better than nothing.

DRIVER :ping-small: G410 PLUS 10.5°  |  FAIRWAY :ping-small: G410 3/14.5°  
HYBRIDS 
:ping-small: G410 19°, 22°  |  IRONS :mizuno-small: JPX 900 FORGED 5-PW 
WEDGES :cleveland-small: 
CBX 2 50°, 54°, 58°  |  PUTTER KIRKLAND Signature KS1

BALL :wilson_staff_small: DUO SOFT +   :srixon-small: Z-URS   :callaway-small: SUPERSOFT, HX HOT BITE (old stock)
BAG :1590477705_SunMountain: 3.5 LS  |  PUSHCART :Clicgear: ROVIC RV1S

• 2 weeks later...

I've had a Club Glove for almost 30 years and it's held up incredibly well.  All the zippers and straps are still intact and look like they could last another 30 years.  It lives outside in my shed (living in a small house in Key West, no basements) and the only issue I had about four years ago was the roller wheels elastomer degrading.  On Club Glove's site they sell replacements, but seemed rather expensive.  I checked the overall diameter and the bearing diameter and found it was a standard inline skate roller.  On eBay, I think I got them for only a few dollars apiece.  Once they arrived, it was an easy replacement with an Allen wrench.

To minimize driver damage on a direct hit to the top, I cut a broom handle about 1/2" longer than my driver and place it in the bag.  About three years ago I purchased a Bag Boy Back Bone which was light and sturdy to serve the same function.  Together, they help protect my babies when traveling.

Ping G400 SFT with a Matrix MFS 5 Korean Prototype Senior shaft, 12 degrees
Callaway Epic Flash 15 degree 3 wood, with a stock Project X Evenflow 40 grams senior shaft.  
Calloway Epic GBB Epic 20 degree Heaven Wood, with a stock Diamana 40 gram senior shaft
Ping G 20.5 degree 7 wood, with a stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Ping G hybrid 5 (26 degrees) with stock Alta 70 gram senior shafts.
Ping G30 irons 6-W, Yellow dot with graphite Fujikura EXS 60i R2-Flex shafts
Edison wedges:  50 degrees, 55 degrees and 60 degrees, 2 degrees up with KBS Tour Graphite A flex shafts
Putters:  New Evnroll ER10 Outback

• 1 month later...

Club glove pro because the internet said club glove was the best at the time.  I use a stiff arm and don't do anything special.  The pro has plenty of room if you really want to load it up.  You can stuff enough clothes and gear in the pro right up to the weight limit with plenty of room to spare.